We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

1 year sale question

My current 1-year sub expires in four days. If I let it auto-renew, do I get the $79.99 / year rate? Or do I need to let it completely expire and then purchase the VIP year?

Thanks

Celirael

If you have a recurring VIP plan (auto-renews) then the cost is whatever it was when you signed up for it. If you want the discount currently going on you will need to purchase it; basically you are changing your VIP plan and can pick from whatever is available at the time. Also, the announcement by Quartermaster indicates that the discount only applies to the first year (it renews at the standard yearly rate). So take that into account if you currently have any special pricing, as you could lose it when you change VIP plans. Note that you do not have to wait for the current VIP to expire. A recurring VIP is not charged until the current VIP time is completed, and additional VIP time (such as with a GTC) is added to what you have. You do not lose any VIP time.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

confirming when my bank acct would be charged

The way I am reading the previous answer (A recurring VIP is not charged until the current VIP time is completed, and additional VIP time is added to what you have.) my bank account would not be charged the discounted price until my Lotro VIP account re-upped if I sign up for a VIP subscription with discount during the Limited Time offer. Am I reading this correctly or would I be charged the discounted price now and get the time tacked onto my VIP subscription? I would love to take advantage of the discount but do not want any surprises.

If it's a one-time purchase, like a GTC is, then you are charged right away and the VIP time is added to what is already there (if any), or are given a code to use which adds the VIP time. If it's a recurring plan, that is, one that auto-renews every x-number of months, then you are charged when the current VIP time ends and your VIP time is then continued. With the recurring VIP plan, signing up for a new plan replaces any existing plan you have, and you are not charged until the end of the current VIP time.

For example, let's say you have 30 days left on your current VIP and sign up for the 1-year special. In 30 days when your VIP time ends, you will be charged for the 1-year renewal and have 1 year added to your VIP time. When that year is over, you are charged for another year at the normal price.
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me

Question

It sounds like the question I was going to start a thread for, but seeing this, I want to double-check...

I went to take advantage of the sale, as I was a yearly subscriber for $99 last year. My "sub date" is in August and I still have time left.

I had to "change plans" to the one that said "$99 with a 20% discount" or something and when I did so, it changed my subscriptions to:

Next Billing Plan*: 1 Year LOTRO Plan with 20% Discount
    * Takes effect on your Next Billing Date
    So, when my current subscription ends, I'll be charged the $79.99 instead of $99 for the next year of play and then it will resume and resubscribe me in August of 2015 for the $99 rate I had previously. Correct? Nothing else will change?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardineck View Post
    It sounds like the question I was going to start a thread for, but seeing this, I want to double-check...

I went to take advantage of the sale, as I was a yearly subscriber for $99 last year. My "sub date" is in August and I still have time left.

I had to "change plans" to the one that said "$99 with a 20% discount" or something and when I did so, it changed my subscriptions to:

Next Billing Plan*: 1 Year LOTRO Plan with 20% Discount
    * Takes effect on your Next Billing Date
    So, when my current subscription ends, I'll be charged the $79.99 instead of $99 for the next year of play and then it will resume and resubscribe me in August of 2015 for the $99 rate I had previously. Correct? Nothing else will change?
    Correct...