We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is there any word about the missing housing escrow?

I could not find informations about that.
    3 days ago we "sent back" some deco items to the owner, but they didn't arrive. Later we noticed that the housing escrow NPCs are not working at all, no message appeared in the notification window.
    A ticket later we were told that CS could not help us, we should write a bug ticket.

So far so good, but one of the items can't be obtained anymore, so I was wondering if anyone knew what's happening to the housing escrow system and if there are plans to bring it back soon. I could not find info.

The escrow system was changed many months ago. The escrow NPC have no function any more. They are there to look pretty. In my personal opinion, Turbine should have removed the escrow NPC when the escrow functionality was removed.

The way it works now when you remove a house decoration that you do not own it goes into the house chest of the account that owner is a part of. If that account does not own a unlocked house, the owner can not recover it until a character on the account buys a house.

A similar process occurs when you abandon a home. All the contents of the house are placed in the house chest of the account. You want any of that stuff, you have to buy a house to get at it.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    The way it works now when you remove a house decoration that you do not own it goes into the house chest of the account that owner is a part of. If that account does not own a unlocked house, the owner can not recover it until a character on the account buys a house.
    What happen if there are no space in the house chest of the item owner? There is a sort of overflow?

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

The escrow system was changed many months ago. The escrow NPC have no function any more. They are there to look pretty. In my personal opinion, Turbine should have removed the escrow NPC when the escrow functionality was removed.

A similar process occurs when you abandon a home. All the contents of the house are placed in the house chest of the account. You want any of that stuff, you have to buy a house to get at it.
    Doh, ok ... I thought I remembered something about the house chest, but I checked the guild house where the items were removed from and of course the items were not there. Thanks.
    Btw ... if you abandone a house, where is the house chest?

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    What happen if there are no space in the house chest of the item owner? There is a sort of overflow?

Yep, it works the same as when they took away the wardrobe space they accidentally gave some of us. It fills up as high as it needs to- say for example your housing chest has 60 slots, it might fill up to 83/60. You can take an item out, but can't put anything back in until it's below 60 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    Doh, ok ... I thought I remembered something about the house chest, but I checked the guild house where the items were removed from and of course the items were not there. Thanks.
    Btw ... if you abandone a house, where is the house chest?
    You would have to buy a new house to retrieve the items.
    GL DLR ASTO MRVVAOK? KPXD PREOG...

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post

Yes. You might a housing chest that is at 51 of 30. You have to pull out 22 items before you put something back.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

The escrow system was changed many months ago. The escrow NPC have no function any more. They are there to look pretty.
    This is not quite correct. If you own a house then the items go into that house's chest. If you do not own a house then they are available at the Escrow Brokers.

This has caused confusion for some people when they abandon a house and everything is there when they check the Escrow Broker but then, after they buy a new house, the broker suddenly refuses to talk to them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    If the items were bound to a character or their account then they would have been returned to them, not the Kinship house chest. They will find them either in their personal house chest or on the Escrow Broker as described above.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    This is not quite correct. If you own a house then the items go into that house's chest. If you do not own a house then they are available at the Escrow Brokers.

This has caused confusion for some people when they abandon a house and everything is there when they check the Escrow Broker but then, after they buy a new house, the broker suddenly refuses to talk to them anymore.

If the items were bound to a character or their account then they would have been returned to them, not the Kinship house chest. They will find them either in their personal house chest or on the Escrow Broker as described above.
    So what do you do when you come back to the game, find your house has been foreclosed upon, buy another house and viola... the house chest is empty and the escrow broker will not talk to you either? Yes, I checked every character and each one has an empty house chest and cannot talk to the escrow broker. Starting to sound like I am SOL and now some items that are no longer available are now gone forever, which I hope is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by MOJO28 View Post
    So what do you do when you come back to the game, find your house has been foreclosed upon, buy another house and viola... the house chest is empty and the escrow broker will not talk to you either? Yes, I checked every character and each one has an empty house chest and cannot talk to the escrow broker. Starting to sound like I am SOL and now some items that are no longer available are now gone forever, which I hope is not the case.
    The house isn't foreclosed. They broke that too. Check your character sheets housing tab you will find you still have it there just pay maintenance. Same thing happened to a friend. Its what happens when you have a poor excuse for a dev team and upper management. Aaron Campbell should resign for doing a terrible job as Producer after all he can't fix housing as promised which is a black mark on his record. Anyways no big issue I logged a complaint with Warner Brothers.
    Last edited by Econn71; Jul 16 2014 at 06:32 PM.