We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    24

    Premium Wallet Upgrade

    Is the Premium wallet upgrade worth it now? I have seen some things the upgrade offers has been put in the wallet already over time. Now I know this question has been asked many times before but in this day and age, is buying the upgrade worth it? Thanks.
    "Now stand, Men of the West!" -Aragorn "You are one of the Dunedain, a Descendant of Numenor." -Eowyn

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Everett, Wa.
    Posts
    169
    I know I was not sure and hesitated for a long time, when I did make the purchase I was very glad I did. I have found it very useful (though it took me a while to figure out that I could drag and drop stuff from my bags to me wallet).
    [IMG]http://www.jerrywagoner.com/galrin_pal2.png[/IMG]
    [B] Level 100 Lore-Master[/B]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Decatur, AL
    Posts
    5,531
    By far one of the best purchases in the store, definitely in my top 3.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    24
    I definitely will then. Thank you very much, and thanks for the quick responses!
    "Now stand, Men of the West!" -Aragorn "You are one of the Dunedain, a Descendant of Numenor." -Eowyn

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    3,092
    Yep, really one of the best deals ever offered in the store. I consider it a must-have for my accounts.

  6. #6
    Personally I hate how it clutters the wallet with useless items that I'd love to simply delete, but there's no option to delete. No option to turn it off either. I prefer the normal wallet because it looks clean and easy to see all the important stuff.

    I got used to all the unnecessary trash items in my wallet in time. But I did regret buying it for a long while.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey. I need a Jelly Baby.
    Posts
    18,201
    Quote Originally Posted by webrender View Post
    I know I was not sure and hesitated for a long time, when I did make the purchase I was very glad I did. I have found it very useful (though it took me a while to figure out that I could drag and drop stuff from my bags to me wallet).
    What the heck? I never knew that!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space Coast, Florida
    Posts
    714
    Items are moved to the wallet automatically when they are placed into your pack. So if an item was in your vault when you bought the wallet, simply withdrawing it to your pack will move it to the wallet.

    It may seem like you are dragging and dropping to the wallet, but I doubt if that is what the game thinks is happening. When 'dragging' an item from shared vault to the personal vault, the game first moves the item to your pack and then moves it to the other vault in a 2 step process. If it is a wallet item, it goes to the wallet instead of the other vault because once an item gets to the pack the wallet check takes over before the second move.

    So when you think that you are dragging an item to the wallet, the game sees it as dragging an item to someplace that does not exist and immediately moves the item back to the pack. At which point the item is checked to see if it can go into the wallet and places it there.

    I do the same thing when the devs change the max stack size on items. You can't move them around inside the vault but you can move them to the pack and then back to cause them to stack when the item is returned.
    [CENTER][B][I][COLOR=yellow]LOTRO proves that Middle Earth is Hobbit Forming![/COLOR][/I][/B][/CENTER]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Tyrol, sadly in Italy
    Posts
    4,242
    Yeah, you can't really drag the items in. In order for them to be moved to the wallet automatically, a event is needed where the item lands in your bag, no matter what causes it. But that's just tecnical chit chat.

    Point is: the premium wallet is one of the best things to get for TPs. With a few high level alts it saves LOADS of inventory space.

    Now I only wished that we could drag & drop a "item" from this bag to a quickslot, so we can see there how many we have of it (like draging a stack of item from the inventory to the quickslot bar).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    What the heck? I never knew that!
    Same here. It's amazing how many tricks there are out there in the game. I don't think I'll ever find them all. And yes the premium wallet is a great buy!
    The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    Yeah, you can't really drag the items in. In order for them to be moved to the wallet automatically, a event is needed where the item lands in your bag, no matter what causes it. But that's just tecnical chit chat.

    Point is: the premium wallet is one of the best things to get for TPs. With a few high level alts it saves LOADS of inventory space.

    Now I only wished that we could drag & drop a "item" from this bag to a quickslot, so we can see there how many we have of it (like draging a stack of item from the inventory to the quickslot bar).
    If the Premium Barter Wallet is implemented in SQL the way I think it is, the code (query script plus stored procedures with integrity constraints and triggers) to do what you want will be ugly in some way, most likely performance ugliness; however it is likely that I'm wrong in that speculation.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Tyrol, sadly in Italy
    Posts
    4,242
    Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    If the Premium Barter Wallet is implemented in SQL the way I think it is, the code (query script plus stored procedures with integrity constraints and triggers) to do what you want will be ugly in some way, most likely performance ugliness; however it is likely that I'm wrong in that speculation.
    Note: I was talking about HOW something goes TO the barter wallet, not about what happens AFTER it landed there.

    Anyway ... I don't think the UI directly access the database triggering SQL events. That happens later.
    Reasons for my doubts:
    1. not everyone has the enhanced barter wallet, so dropping an item into the inventory/temporary slot (after all the barter wallet also works with a full inventory) can't affect the barter wallet directly, a logic mus decide if the item stays there or goes to the barter wallet.
    2. Lua offers access to "drop item" events. Some inventory plugins can and must perform operations if a item goes to the inventory. Easiest example: display the item in the custom frame. Also game logics depend on the inventory, like quest updates. So first writing the item into the database and then wait for database events to fire the game logic events does not seem to be very effective.

    So no, I think one of the script languages the game uses is used to decide what goes where and not SQL. Either that - or some sorry soul has to hardcode that bull****

    I could be wrong of course, after all we have some of the slowest databases I have ever seen in MMOs, maybe they DO let the DBMS handle the item events. But maintaining SQL code is by far more difficult than maintaining "standard" programming and script languages (I mean C++, .Net and Python, Java Script, similar languages. I don't know which of these and others are used for lotro).
    Last edited by Neumi; Jun 19 2014 at 08:56 AM.

  13. #13
    By far the best bang for your (Turbine Point) buck!!
    Last edited by Branthil; Jun 19 2014 at 11:02 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000021e782/signature.png]Cortanaa[/charsig]

    There are more enemies here than fleas on a Wargs' hide. ~ Farin

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    5,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    Note: I was talking about HOW something goes TO the barter wallet, not about what happens AFTER it landed there.

    Anyway ... I don't think the UI directly access the database triggering SQL events. That happens later.
    Reasons for my doubts:
    1. not everyone has the enhanced barter wallet, so dropping an item into the inventory/temporary slot (after all the barter wallet also works with a full inventory) can't affect the barter wallet directly, a logic mus decide if the item stays there or goes to the barter wallet.
    2. Lua offers access to "drop item" events. Some inventory plugins can and must perform operations if a item goes to the inventory. Easiest example: display the item in the custom frame. Also game logics depend on the inventory, like quest updates. So first writing the item into the database and then wait for database events to fire the game logic events does not seem to be very effective.

    So no, I think one of the script languages the game uses is used to decide what goes where and not SQL. Either that - or some sorry soul has to hardcode that bull****

    I could be wrong of course, after all we have some of the slowest databases I have ever seen in MMOs, maybe they DO let the DBMS handle the item events. But maintaining SQL code is by far more difficult than maintaining "standard" programming and script languages (I mean C++, .Net and Python, Java Script, similar languages. I don't know which of these and others are used for lotro).

    That makes sense.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload