We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gift of the Valar

Hello!
    I am wondering if its possible to mail a gift of the valar to someone with MC if I purchase it form the store?
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Hello!
    I am wondering if its possible to mail a gift of the valar to someone with MC if I purchase it form the store?
    Gift of the Valar package is Bound to Account, so you can mail it to your alts on the same server (don't forget to type the name first), no MC needed, but you can't gift it to anyone else .

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
    "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Quote Originally Posted by Amwedhil View Post
    Gift of the Valar package is Bound to Account, so you can mail it to your alts on the same server (don't forget to type the name first), no MC needed, but you can't gift it to anyone else .
    If the Gift of the Valar item is indeed bound-to-account, then it should be possible to mail this item to other accounts, too. The only source of the Gift of the Valar is the Store and while bta items that were not bought in the Store (like pre-order items, for example) cannot be mailed to other accounts, bta items with the "Purchased from Store" tag CAN be mailed to other accounts (for example I have sucessfully mailed Store-bought Universal Tool-Kits in the past). This will cost a small fee, though; 2 Mithril Coins AFAIK.

Unless anybody tried to mail the Gift of the Valar to another account in the past and failed, I think the current rules indicate that this should be possible.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

You may want to check with customer service to be sure. I would hate to see you waste that much money without a 100% guarantee.
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR=#3399cc][FONT=tahoma]If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made. Very few people die past that age.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [I][SIZE=3]-[COLOR=#800080][FONT=tahoma]George Burns[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[/I][SIZE=4][COLOR=#339999][FONT=tahoma]Whenever you feel sad, just remember that somewhere in this world, there's someone pulling a door that says "PUSH"[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Thanks guys, I'll call tomorrow

Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Anyelir View Post
    If the Gift of the Valar item is indeed bound-to-account, then it should be possible to mail this item to other accounts, too. The only source of the Gift of the Valar is the Store and while bta items that were not bought in the Store (like pre-order items, for example) cannot be mailed to other accounts, bta items with the "Purchased from Store" tag CAN be mailed to other accounts (for example I have sucessfully mailed Store-bought Universal Tool-Kits in the past). This will cost a small fee, though; 2 Mithril Coins AFAIK.

Unless anybody tried to mail the Gift of the Valar to another account in the past and failed, I think the current rules indicate that this should be possible.
    IMO if an item is bound-to-account it can not be sent to other accounts, only to characters on yours, otherwise what's the point it? Don't know about Gift of the Valar,
    I never heard of BtA items being sent to other accounts, never tried too .

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Quote Originally Posted by Amwedhil View Post
    IMO if an item is bound-to-account it can not be sent to other accounts, only to characters on yours, otherwise what's the point it? Don't know about Gift of the Valar,
    I never heard of BtA items being sent to other accounts, never tried too .
    It's possible to mail store purchased bound-to-account items to other accounts for a mithril coin fee since U13.
    Dobb - Burglar R14
    Thar - Guardian
    now on [DE-RP]Belegaer

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz8ZvHFuh6N7VByCiHXLpaw

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    It's possible to mail store purchased bound-to-account items to other accounts for a mithril coin fee since U13.
    Guess I wasn't paying much attention when reading U13 release notes , but then it's no longer bound-to-account item, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    In addition to this, let me add that before U13, bta items of any flavour could not even be mailed to characters on the same account. The only way to share them between your own characters was to put them into Shared Storage. The current situation is a huge improvement in convenience though I do hope Turbine keeps a close eye on this to prevent any shenannigans or exploits that it might entail in the future.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

You can mail the Gift of the Valar per ingame mail to another char on another account - 1 MC or so it was the fee when I did it.

Just make sure you mail it to the right person. Wrong spelling might prove quite nasty in that. To wait for a week for the mail to return (when mailed to a char last logged in ages ago because of similar spelling) would have been bad, but to wait for a month and more would be quite agonizing. And to hope some returns it to you while having to spend MC for doing that... well hope dies last or as that saying goes...

It becomes bound to account to the other account when taken from the mail so far as I looked. All went well and I really appreciated being able to make a gift out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    You can mail the Gift of the Valar per ingame mail to another char on another account - 1 MC or so it was the fee when I did it.

Just make sure you mail it to the right person. Wrong spelling might prove quite nasty in that. To wait for a week for the mail to return (when mailed to a char last logged in ages ago because of similar spelling) would have been bad, but to wait for a month and more would be quite agonizing. And to hope some returns it to you while having to spend MC for doing that... well hope dies last or as that saying goes...

It becomes bound to account to the other account when taken from the mail so far as I looked. All went well and I really appreciated being able to make a gift out of that.
    Awesome thanks for the info!
    I tried calling them earlier but was on hold forever and needed to hang up so didn't get to talk to anyone

Captain Malcolm Reynolds