We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gift of the Valar Class Quest

Hi,

This is the most suited forum I can think of for this question:

I just used gift of the valar on a lv 20 burg and boom, lv 50. All is good. Going back to my class trainer I saw I had the lv 15 and 30 quest, but I can't seem to pick up the level 45 quest (Articles of Cunning / Implements of the Night). Does this quest auto complete using the gift of the valar? I don't really see anything saying it does in the gift of the valar box.

If I remember correctly you have to go to a specific npc...
    According to this: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques...e_is_Awareness
    you have to go to Sterling Proudfoot in Buckland...

EDIT:
    Ok I seem to be wrong, sorry.
    But I can remember, that I had a similar problem (without the gift of valar)... I only got the quest by a specific class trainer...
    Have you tried another or more different class trainers?

I believe you will need to purchase those level 39 items from your trainer and use them to trigger those quests. Don't know what they're called for burglars, but I think that will get you going.

I haven't purchased the GotV, and have absolutely zero interest in doing so, but when you level up to 15, 30 and 39, you should be getting mail, which will give you a quest to send you to your class trainer in Bree-town. Then, the trainer will give you your lvl 15 and 30 class quests, and sell you the lvl 39 class items to start the Missing page deeds. Also, when you level up to 45, you're automatically granted the lvl 45 class quest.

So, if you used the GotV to skip to level 50, go to your class trainer and you should be able to accept your lvl 15/30 quests, and buy your lvl 39 items. You'll need to see the NPC that begins your lvl 45 class quest.

Then, you should be up to date on your class quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Redvers View Post
    Hi,

This is the most suited forum I can think of for this question:

I just used gift of the valar on a lv 20 burg and boom, lv 50. All is good. Going back to my class trainer I saw I had the lv 15 and 30 quest, but I can't seem to pick up the level 45 quest (Articles of Cunning / Implements of the Night). Does this quest auto complete using the gift of the valar? I don't really see anything saying it does in the gift of the valar box.
    No, it does not auto complete, nor should it or any others you didn't do by auto leveling to 50. You have to go to your class trainer and buy the books for your level 39 quests which mean gathering 8 book pages for each then you have to see an NPC as was stated for your level 45 quests. Remember that doing these will award you trait points to spend in whichever lines you have spec'd into.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

picked those quests up very recently,
    found you indeed now just need to buy the books, but then don't forget to
    check the DEEDS they create, those will tell you to go somewhere to activate
    the page-hunting part of the deed...