We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Easiest/Hardest Freep to Fight?

The title says all. Just thought it'd create some interesting discussion.

Easiet: Hunter

Hardest: depends on which creep. I'd say Guardian's and Burglars though.

It really depends on the creep, but I find Hunters and RK's pretty easy on my warg just because i can burst them down real fast and they start panicking. I've always had trouble with LMs mostly due to all the skills that cause me to lag but that's technical, otherwise guards can be pretty tough with their bleeds and heavy armor.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060100002af60b/signature.png]Skoraban[/charsig]

as defiler:

easiest: anything melee (kite + blight), anything that doesnt spam selfheals, warden (no good wardens on my server. not even average wardens)

medium:

-water lore spamming lm= just a boring fight. after a while i get immuun to cc and fight goes fast
    -fire rk (not really hard if they dont spam heals) just tricky because if you dont pay attention you'll die fast.

hard:

healspamming classes. just a heal off. which results in either getting ganked, or 2 give up.

As ba:

easy: hunter, light armour classes that dont spam heals

medium: champ, guard, burg. Depends if they can get a slow on you. Champ duals is hard, but manageable

hard: anything that spam heals.
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

as reaver...
    easiest
    rk/hunter(yellow can be good fight imo),
    hardest
    good burgz w/o using impale/dev/wrath(mostly about pulling off good quick rotation)
    yellow cappies(bored of keeping my power up)
    blue minis(requires good timing of double dev no qq)
    Overlord Jasiak Pokurw, Farmer of Froobz
    r7 BA
    r6 Champ

Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post
    as defiler:

easiest: anything melee (kite + blight), anything that doesnt spam selfheals, warden (no good wardens on my server. not even average wardens)

medium:

-water lore spamming lm= just a boring fight. after a while i get immuun to cc and fight goes fast
    -fire rk (not really hard if they dont spam heals) just tricky because if you dont pay attention you'll die fast.

hard:

healspamming classes. just a heal off. which results in either getting ganked, or 2 give up.

As ba:

easy: hunter, light armour classes that dont spam heals

medium: champ, guard, burg. Depends if they can get a slow on you. Champ duals is hard, but manageable

hard: anything that spam heals.
    You keep saying spam healing but that's what all the defilers do who I fight them on my lm which turns into a draw because neither one can kill each other
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    You keep saying spam healing but that's what all the defilers do who I fight them on my lm which turns into a draw because neither one can kill each other
    lol I was literally going to say the same thing. every defiler I fight or see fighting someone all they do is spam heals.
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Armdyl ''Army'' The Loremaster - Secretly afraid of Reavers, Wargs, Blackarrows, spiders, and Defilers. Even More Terrified of eye gouge's 3 second cool-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertakerxx View Post
    lol I was literally going to say the same thing. every defiler I fight or see fighting someone all they do is spam heals.

well it s an healing class...

Quote Originally Posted by Undertakerxx View Post
    Says the LM who spams waterlore.
    Rank 15 Blackarrow HinderSpam
    55,000 Killing Blows and Counting

Ty for judging me as some sort of u13 defiler that has no clue how to play his class. First off all thats not the case.

Second of all: i dont healspam, i just use enough heals that will keep me alive. Most of the time thats just fungal bloom and fungal spore with occasionally a fell storation.this is agianst high ranked players or players that know what they are doing. I do nerf myself in 1v1s, but if i can beat a r9 champ with 16k moral left (i' ve 59k) by just using 2 gourds, 2 melee attacks and fear i dont see the point of spamming heals or how i can nerf myself even more .

I see defiler spamming all their heals against greeny player and say in ooc: wow i just won a 1v1, he barely touched me.

Ps: i loved your remark: defilers cant spam heals, but its oke for me to spam waterlore.
    Last edited by ulza; Jun 17 2014 at 04:07 AM.

i just use enough heals that will keep me alive.
    Everyone has their perspective, but it doesn't seem very sporting to use "just enough heals" to never die. I don't play to 1v1 but given the OP state of defiler I don't self heal in the times I come across someone alone. Which leads to my snarky response to the original question of the thread: the hardest freep to fight is one grouped up playing their role well.
    Sniz(defiler) / Johanson(cappy)

Isn't a 1v1 supposed to be about winning a fight with a minimal amount of "i win" skills?

I.e little to no healing,no avoidance/inc damage buffs, minimal cc and not using heavy skills like Epic conclusion/vt/impale.

pretty amazing what some people can do with their classes with minimal use of skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    Everyone has their perspective, but it doesn't seem very sporting to use "just enough heals" to never die. I don't play to 1v1 but given the OP state of defiler I don't self heal in the times I come across someone alone. Which leads to my snarky response to the original question of the thread: the hardest freep to fight is one grouped up playing their role well.
    I die in 1v1's (fire rks makes me melt if i dont interupt some skills) even when i use "just enough heals". The term was badly chosen from my side. I was pointing out that i dont need to have all my hots up 100% of the time while im playing.

Whether im going to use heals (which is only fungal spore and fungal bloom) or not depends on the freep im going to fight. These are no arranged 1v1's so if they want to run away or use skills X go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Girum19 View Post
    Isn't a 1v1 supposed to be about winning a fight with a minimal amount of "i win" skills?

I.e little to no healing,no avoidance/inc damage buffs, minimal cc and not using heavy skills like Epic conclusion/vt/impale.

pretty amazing what some people can do with their classes with minimal use of skills.

How is using your heals as a healer class an "i win" skill? sometimes i find myself 1v1'ing with only using 4-6 skills (fire and explosive gourd and those 2 melee attacks) on defiler. Its not even fun.

Back at the start of RoR i 1v1'd a champ. Took me 17min both going full out. (i was r10, he was r11). Yesterday i fough him (he's r14 now) and fight didnt last 3 minuts. kinda sad how they overdone defiler.

Personally, when I come across a defiler on landscape, I don't use water-lore until I see him use a heal, at which point I start spamming it. I'm not irritated- after all its not really a controlled 1v1.
    What does irritated me is when I am in a controlled 1v1 circle, and get crushed by reavers using impale/wrath/devstrike, defilers using all HoTs, spider's full burrowing, wargs hipsing for SIXTY seconds (until I think the battle is over, and I start watching another 1v1, then get jumped now that my SI is down, and the warg has full health), and BAs blowing cooldowns and using pots. And then they get mad when I use water lore.
    I have to say, every war leader I have 1v1ed has been very sparing with their heals, so I have returned the favor and not used water lore.

This thread was intended to describe what freep was the hardest/easiest to battle in a 1v1- in which using some heals is generally ok, but blowing cooldowns and pots is not. I'd really appreciated if this thread didn't get derailed over a discussion not pertinent to the topic (Defiler HoTs vs Waterlore).
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Landroval~

~Rank 12 Warg, Landroval~

Ty for judging me as some sort of u13 defiler that has no clue how to play his class. First off all thats not the case.
    No offence intended but defiler is (and was before) the easiest of any class to play. Just stand in one position and press 2/3 buttons and you become unkillable. There is no mechanic that decides which heals to use or the best time to use them.

Why would anyone 1v1 using a defiler anyway?

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

I do nerf myself in 1v1s, but if i can beat a r9 champ with 16k moral left (i' ve 59k) by just using 2 gourds, 2 melee attacks and fear i dont see the point of spamming heals or how i can nerf myself even more .
    Well how funny is that! My r9 champ beats a non-healing defiler with 16k moral left (i' ve 24k) without using heals.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    Well how funny is that! My r9 champ beats a non-healing defiler with 16k moral left (i' ve 24k) without using heals.
    Dpends how you play a champ right? The champ im taking about doesnt use champs dual, which gives me some space.

Dpends how you play a champ right? The champ im taking about doesnt use champs dual, which gives me some space.
    If I don't use CD it indeed won't be 16k. More like 13k.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Shumzuda View Post
    No offence intended but defiler is (and was before) the easiest of any class to play. Just stand in one position and press 2/3 buttons and you become unkillable. There is no mechanic that decides which heals to use or the best time to use them.

Why would anyone 1v1 using a defiler anyway?
    I dont feel offended

Before u13 a defiler wasnt the best choise to 1v1 because of the lack of dps. The ability of using heals made up for that (apart from hd-u13 period). But when i play my defiler im mostly solo (about 80% of the time). When someone jumps me and enforces me to a 1v1, the only 2 options i had was A) fight back B) call out. Since i refuse to do option B for a solo freep, there is only option A) left. Sometimes it was easy to 1v1., sometimes it was hard.

But with u13, i feel like i have the ability to pick my own fights/1v1s.

For some people a defiler might be easy but there is,imo, much more than just standing still and press 1-2-3. We all know that mobility is an important factor in this game. Sometimes ill use blight as cover up because i know freeps will interupt me. Since blight has the same animation was a healskill.

Imo all classes are easy to play, as long as you know how to play your class and how the fight/ game works.

Quote Originally Posted by Girum19 View Post

Everyone's definition is different. Personally I use everything available to me and expect/want the other person to to do the same. If a Reaver doesn't use Impale and dev strike and I beat them I don't walk away feeling like I just won. If they use all of their skills available to them and I beat them I feel good about it. The only thing I don't use and won't ever use are store bought buffs, pots, brands etc. 90% of the time no food scrolls, hope etc. If someone sees me out there expect me to blow everything to waste you, by the same token I don't go and hide when my cds are.....on cd. I just don't care about dyng. I just always ssume that the person who jumped me is waiting for their 4 friends to map in anyway.

Getting the thread back on track though, the hardest Freep to fight is an RK of course.
    Last edited by Ghosttaker; Jun 17 2014 at 04:14 PM.

Attended by Coldaen

Second of all: i dont healspam, i just use enough heals that will keep me alive. Most of the time thats just fungal bloom and fungal spore with occasionally a fell storation.this is agianst high ranked players or players that know what they are doing. I do nerf myself in 1v1s, but if i can beat a r9 champ with 16k moral left (i' ve 59k) by just using 2 gourds, 2 melee attacks and fear i dont see the point of spamming heals or how i can nerf myself even more .

I see defiler spamming all their heals against greeny player and say in ooc: wow i just won a 1v1, he barely touched me.

Ps: i loved your remark: defilers cant spam heals, but its oke for me to spam waterlore.
    1. where did i say a defiler cant spam heal? i think you need to learn to read again
    2. With 60k health and high mits any kind of healing on a defiler is good healing against a freep.

I really think youre taking it personal and the wrong way but lets face facts theres more defilers rolled since 13 then in the last 3 years and thats probably not a stretch

1. where did i say a defiler cant spam heal? i think you need to learn to read again
    2. With 60k health and high mits any kind of healing on a defiler is good healing against a freep.

I really think youre taking it personal and the wrong way but lets face facts theres more defilers rolled since 13 then in the last 3 years and thats probably not a stretch

Ive been playing that toon for about 2-3 years now. And ive to agree with the fact that there are more defilers now that lets say at the start of RoI but the truth to be told: there were lots of new defilers when infamy from healing get introduced or when there is/was a gv/grams camp. Only really thing that changed imo is that those defilers finally have the guts to leave grams, thinking they are good.

My defiler (r12, with no buffs/ no mits corruptions) has about 37% mits. This is only slightly higher than a light armour class (30% right?) but ofcourse since ive 60k moral and a mini only 18-20k i can easily take a few more hits. Expecially if you add in -armour value or -inc healing

yes, i got a little dragged away in it. Because im being judged (atleast it feels like that) by people that havent seen my play or havent fought me. I dont want to be called an ezmoder u13 defiler. especially not when i was 1 of the 2 defilers playing during hd-u13 and 1 of the few active r8+ defilers left on vilya.

Ive been playing that toon for about 2-3 years now. And ive to agree with the fact that there are more defilers now that lets say at the start of RoI but the truth to be told: there were lots of new defilers when infamy from healing get introduced or when there is/was a gv/grams camp. Only really thing that changed imo is that those defilers finally have the guts to leave grams, thinking they are good.

My defiler (r12, with no buffs/ no mits corruptions) has about 37% mits. This is only slightly higher than a light armour class (30% right?) but ofcourse since ive 60k moral and a mini only 18-20k i can easily take a few more hits. Expecially if you add in -armour value or -inc healing

yes, i got a little dragged away in it. Because im being judged (atleast it feels like that) by people that havent seen my play or havent fought me. I dont want to be called an ezmoder u13 defiler. especially not when i was 1 of the 2 defilers playing during hd-u13 and 1 of the few active r8+ defilers left on vilya.
    1. yes i agree since the healing gain has come in there was alot more healers period but on my server ive seen a crazy amount of new Defilers reminds me back when everyone played a minny in the moors.
    2. Light armour caps at 40% but it now takes alot to get to it and even more to cap orc craft and the other do to the percent given is different so you actually have to give up a ton of damage if you want to cap or over cap.
    3. Defiler mits can reach extremely high if they want to now not on level with reaver and weaver but extremely high
    4. Lastly i dont judge anyone whos main or toon they play alot got buffed i judge those who roll one just to feel OP which im sorry to say right now Defilers are as a complete package.

2. Light armour caps at 40% but it now takes alot to get to it and even more to cap orc craft and the other do to the percent given is different so you actually have to give up a ton of damage if you want to cap or over cap.
    Curious, how can you cap orc craft/fell wrought outside of capping your normal mitigations?
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Landroval~

~Rank 12 Warg, Landroval~

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Curious, how can you cap orc craft/fell wrought outside of capping your normal mitigations?
    theres alot of Mit stuff out there to help you cap it, im at 19k physical mits from a long range of stuff which is far above whats needed but it also helps when my mits are debuffed.

items for mits

1. cloak
    2. ring set in gv
    3. relics
    4. pocket item
    5. stacking will of course
    6. scroll that goes on your weapon
    7. traits

you give up alot sadly but your survival rate is extremely high unless its you against a zerg then just bend over and take it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast