We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

so no new instances or scaled content with U14?

So we are pretty much getting one big quest pack with U14, a werebear, and now that we are getting 5 more levels we have to work on new LIs right after we grinded these FAs. Did I not read the notes right or is this pretty much it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag28 View Post
    So we are pretty much getting one big quest pack with U14, a werebear, and now that we are getting 5 more levels we have to work on new LIs right after we grinded these FAs. Did I not read the notes right or is this pretty much it?
    That's basically it. I'm curious to see how the pricing structure will work for non-VIPs. Or maybe the vast majority of everybody left playing this game is a lifer.

Cool

Nope, 3 medium sized regions & a daily based endgame content (exactly like Lothlorien, Limlight, Hytbold, etc). Armour revamp, including "essence" slots that allow the slotting of additional stats upon an armour piece.
    For anything more specific, how about you read the update notes on Bullroarer:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...UlLROARER-ONLY

WARNING -> They are subject to change at any moment depending on player feedback & developer response.

.....oh and the "were-bear" actually comes with U15 for the thousandth and 1 time -.-

Apparently, considering the time needed to develop new instances clusters, no instance/raid anymore in LOTRO

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...88#post7182288
    Last edited by Castorix; Jun 14 2014 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Apparently, considering the time needed to develop new instances clusters, no instance/raid anymore in LOTRO

This isnt true because there is a 3 man coming with U14.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

A 3 man instance is a cluster for you ? Well, I guess Turbine heard you more than us :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gardhik View Post
    A 3 man instance is a cluster for you ? Well, I guess Turbine heard you more than us :P
    It is an instance and he asked for instance/raid as well
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Quote Originally Posted by Gardhik View Post
    Castorix said:

That part of the sentence in obviously wrong, because there's a 3-man in U14, so Dernudan is right, there is group content comming, even if that's not what many players want.
    I think besides Epic Battles we're going to get more quest/daily and 3-man endgame (we still don't know the quality of the later one), IMO if Turbine makes new traditional group content, quality of all the other areas of the game (PvE) will be significantly lower.

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
    "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

There is also a limlight gorge questing area in U14 that acts as an endgame aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Amwedhil View Post
    Castorix said:
    That part of the sentence in obviously wrong, because there's a 3-man in U14, so Dernudan is right, there is group content comming, even if that's not what many players want.
    I think besides Epic Battles we're going to get more quest/daily and 3-man endgame (we still don't know the quality of the later one), IMO if Turbine makes new traditional group content, quality of all the other areas of the game (PvE) will be significantly lower.
    Yes, you're right.
    But I hope this 3-man is not as easy as actual 3-mans, which are rather for 1 person (depending on class)...

Yes, you're right.
    But I hope this 3-man is not as easy as actual 3-mans, which are rather for 1 person (depending on class)...
    I doubt it, as far as I know 3-man is part of the new endgame repeatable quests and rewards 1 Golden Token of Dol Amroth, so it's probably easy and takes little time to do.
    I might be wrong though (I hope I am).

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
    "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Quote Originally Posted by Amwedhil View Post
    I doubt it, as far as I know 3-man is part of the new endgame repeatable quests and rewards 1 Golden Token of Dol Amroth, so it's probably easy and takes little time to do.
    I might be wrong though (I hope I am).
    I hope you are right to.
    Apparently there is a notable increase in stats in instances with this update, but not enough so far as Castorix and I know.

If the end game content most (on the forums) are asking for made lots of money they would include it...it's not included so it's not making money. Which means most of you that are complaining are not in the majority of players...get over it.

Main: Corrien Lvl 95 Champ (Meneldor)
    Alts: I don't do alts

Quote Originally Posted by treato View Post
    If the end game content most (on the forums) are asking for made lots of money they would include it...it's not included so it's not making money. Which means most of you that are complaining are not in the majority of players...get over it.
    That argument makes little sense. You are blaming the change in direction on the players but you state the reason why they do not make end game content is because of money issues. I think you are true that money or resources do not allow them to make the traditional raids and instance clusters but that is not the fault of the players. LOTRO has weeded out most of the players who really want traditional end game content. They did this by omission. What is left is people like myself who hang on despite knowing that we are not getting what we really want. There is still a lot of LOTRO I like even though a big part is missing. So I guess you are correct in that we need to get over it.
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....

Quote Originally Posted by treato View Post
    Sure, Turbine is a company and a company wants to make lots of money. But some companies make mistakes that lead to less profit. And some mistakes are irreversible or some wrong desicions made long ago can have consequences for years. In some cases the company may be even too proud to admit that they made a mistake or they don't admit it due to other business reasons (stock value etc).

In my opinion Turbine definitely did some false estimation, e.g.: Mounted Combat and Epic Battles: Lots of money went into these features and Turbine for sure expected that the majority of players will love it... Doesn't really seem like that.
    I may be wrong but I really feel that Turbine is not at all always right when it comes to business strategies. Examples: FA symbols dropping in WoS, a f2p skirm, really bad idea! We have so many scaled raids (OD, BG, Erebor) that are NOT f2p. Another thing is the level cap rise: 2x +5 levels in such a short period of time? Do you really think all people will grind 2x all this LI and now also this Essence stuff and upgrade it via the Turbine-Store? For what reason? We have no endcontent that encourages players to grind all this stuff. Only PvMP, but PvMP people are VIP either way, so they are paying their part as they did before and have enough TPs to spend without spending additional money.

I don't know if I am part of some minority or majority and I actually don't even care. But I know that the game's direction does not feel right for me and I will not simply "get over it".
    There definitely is a chance that even the most experienced company leaders make false decisions and estimations, you can get over that.
    Last edited by Eruadarion; Jun 15 2014 at 12:50 PM.

Weerebear is for U15 I think. And we get a new (very grindy sounding) system, the Essence system. Think a simplified form of Legendary items, but for armour.
    [I]In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    [/I][I]When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead[/I][I].
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofHermes View Post
    Weerebear is for U15 I think. And we get a new (very grindy sounding) system, the Essence system. Think a simplified form of Legendary items, but for armour.
    The only thing grindy about Essences is based around the RNG loot system. Where you end up getting the same unneeded essences over and over again along with other annoying drops. If the loot system is improved (which has been stated will happen, hopefully before U14 is out) this system will be extremely good and add a lot of easy customization. However, it is only ok with the current RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    Sure, Turbine is a company and a company wants to make lots of money. But some companies make mistakes that lead to less profit. And some mistakes are irreversible or some wrong desicions made long ago can have consequences for years. In some cases the company may be even too proud to admit that they made a mistake or they don't admit it due to other business reasons (stock value etc).

In my opinion Turbine definitely did some false estimation, e.g.: Mounted Combat and Epic Battles: Lots of money went into these features and Turbine for sure expected that the majority of players will love it... Doesn't really seem like that.
    I may be wrong but I really feel that Turbine is not at all always right when it comes to business strategies. Examples: FA symbols dropping in WoS, a f2p skirm, really bad idea! We have so many scaled raids (OD, BG, Erebor) that are NOT f2p. Another thing is the level cap rise: 2x +5 levels in such a short period of time? Do you really think all people will grind 2x all this LI and now also this Essence stuff and upgrade it via the Turbine-Store? For what reason? We have no endcontent that encourages players to grind all this stuff. Only PvMP, but PvMP people are VIP either way, so they are paying their part as they did before and have enough TPs to spend without spending additional money.

I don't know if I am part of some minority or majority and I actually don't even care. But I know that the game's direction does not feel right for me and I will not simply "get over it".
    There definitely is a chance that even the most experienced company leaders make false decisions and estimations, you can get over that.
    Whe you´re referring to business strategy it´s a reasonable decision that FA Symbols drop in WOS. Many Symbols will probably equal an increase in shop activity für the legendary item scrolls, because many Players will have a new Weapon.

The Level increase is in my opinion based on estimates in sales. I guess that a new region where you can just do quests, uplevel Weapons an grind for a reputation fraction doesn´t do good in the shop. A new region with new levels probably generates more sales.

I think that is part of Turbines Strategy. The time of a classic raidsystem ist just over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordvin View Post
    Whe you´re referring to business strategy it´s a reasonable decision that FA Symbols drop in WOS. Many Symbols will probably equal an increase in shop activity für the legendary item scrolls, because many Players will have a new Weapon.

The Level increase is in my opinion based on estimates in sales. I guess that a new region where you can just do quests, uplevel Weapons an grind for a reputation fraction doesn´t do good in the shop. A new region with new levels probably generates more sales.

I think that is part of Turbines Strategy.
    Well, you may be right. I don't know.

The time of a classic raidsystem ist just over.
    ...but I still believe that Turbine underestimates the importance of the existance of challenging endcontent.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    You misread them. The Beorning (which I assume was the werebear reference) is not part of update 14. Many other things you also didn't list, and others not included in the beta 1 notes.