We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Web of the Scuttledells

Two of my friends and I decided to do a three-man last night Web of the Scuttledells and we had a lot of difficulty with the instance. I was a fully traited healing RK at level 42 with a 44 Guard and a 45 Burglar running the instance tier 1 at level 44. We wiped I think 2 or 3 times on the first boss, but we got our rhythm and defeated him. On the final boss we wiped 6 times until we did the nuke option due to time constraints (I went to my 95 captain and nuked the boss J ).
    Okay, the first couple of times we nuked was because the torch bearer fell off the webs and we were overwhelmed by adds. The next time the torch bearer died due to the little spiders eating him up and then they went for me. The third time I tried to throw some heals to my friendly neighborhood burglar with the torch and the wittle[sic] spiders had me for lunch and we wiped. The 4th, 5th, 6th tries were variations of that. Our guard, who is very experienced, could not hold the agro and the little spiders always overwhelmed at least one of us. The last time before we nuked it we came close, but two of the cocoons were still active and we were overwhelmed again. I might add, also, that my 95 cappie was within 1000 health from dying himself after aggroing everything doing the nuke option.
    I guess what I’m trying to ask is, is this instance working as intended? We’ve done 3 man skirms with this combination and haven’t had any trouble in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Galrondthir View Post
    Two of my friends and I decided to do a three-man last night Web of the Scuttledells and we had a lot of difficulty with the instance. I was a fully traited healing RK at level 42 with a 44 Guard and a 45 Burglar running the instance tier 1 at level 44. We wiped I think 2 or 3 times on the first boss, but we got our rhythm and defeated him. On the final boss we wiped 6 times until we did the nuke option due to time constraints (I went to my 95 captain and nuked the boss J ).
    Okay, the first couple of times we nuked was because the torch bearer fell off the webs and we were overwhelmed by adds. The next time the torch bearer died due to the little spiders eating him up and then they went for me. The third time I tried to throw some heals to my friendly neighborhood burglar with the torch and the wittle[sic] spiders had me for lunch and we wiped. The 4th, 5th, 6th tries were variations of that. Our guard, who is very experienced, could not hold the agro and the little spiders always overwhelmed at least one of us. The last time before we nuked it we came close, but two of the cocoons were still active and we were overwhelmed again. I might add, also, that my 95 cappie was within 1000 health from dying himself after aggroing everything doing the nuke option.
    I guess what I’m trying to ask is, is this instance working as intended? We’ve done 3 man skirms with this combination and haven’t had any trouble in the past.
    It's an instance that was balanced for lvl 85 when it was still the level cap, and it was already a quite hard instance. Erebor cluster instances (except Iorbars Peak) are generally very hard when at lower levels, but since the recent nerfs to mitigations it's even harder.

Note that the boss has an attack that puts an effect on you that deals 100% of maximum morale (before mitigations) to everyone within melee range of you, this is tactical damage.

A tip, let the RK put down flurry of words, if those little bugs run into it they will die instantly because they have very low morale.
    Also, if you die, you can get back into the fight by entering the cave-shortcut to the boss.

Since HD (or before even) WAI might just be the same as "broken by design", so that means very little.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

Hi,

Not sure if this will help because I have not tried it on low-levels since before u13. But we managed to duo the last boss (2 lev 20 chars, incredibly well geared xp-disabled guard+mini) by using the entrance-trick in HD.

After standing in front of the last boss, keep the healer on the solid floor right before the first web-bridge. The heavy runs for the boss, brings it back to the point where nothing can pass it without seeing the heavy first (pretty close to the healer) Now just let healer keep the heavy alive while doing a bit AoE when the small spiders show up and you might be fine.

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

at lvl 44 there is no t2c, you don't need to burn any of the webs. just tank the adds aoe the boss down, and heal a lot. there is no t2c for lvl 44, so ignore the egg sacks. that's part of the reason you were having trouble. you were attempting the end-game bonus challenge when it isn't necessary or complete-able for your level.

ofc, on the first boss, just tank him behind his throne, its by far the easiest way to manage him and his adds with a good healer as long as you stay out of the puddles with your low mits.
    Last edited by Leixy; May 26 2014 at 05:04 PM.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Thank you all for your comments. My group and I will use the suggestions the next time we do this instance.