We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: nice 1v1s

nice 1v1s

Thanks to all the freeps who fought my BA at gta the past couple of days.
    I especially enjoyed the narrow fights with the burglars and rk's epic conclusions

-Gurznat

Np Gurz, it's Ewoc btw, the guy you had that impromptu 1v1 with at ROP the other day. It's nice to see a good and competent BA that doesnt rely on a plethora of cds to win, though I don't mind if you do, but nice to not see evade anyway haha . I don't actively look for 1v1s nor care for them like I used to since I feel like that true 1v1s have been dead since RoR with the addition of OP/relic buffs, but the HD trait changes for freepside gave me some renewed interest in the game even though it's not what it used to be, so 1v1s dont feel as skewed, but they're still not what as they use to be.

As I said, I'll 1v1 if someone wants to now, but I don't go around looking for them, still have their fun moments though I guess. I still need a couple pieces of gear on my hunter to hopefully perfect what I'm trying to do out there, but it's nice I can at least give a somewhat good fight to a rank 7 BA haha. Btw, what server did you xsfer from?

Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    Np Gurz, it's Ewoc btw, the guy you had that impromptu 1v1 with at ROP the other day. It's nice to see a good and competent BA that doesnt rely on a plethora of cds to win, though I don't mind if you do, but nice to not see evade anyway haha . I don't actively look for 1v1s nor care for them like I used to since I feel like that true 1v1s have been dead since RoR with the addition of OP/relic buffs, but the HD trait changes for freepside gave me some renewed interest in the game even though it's not what it used to be, so 1v1s dont feel as skewed, but they're still not what as they use to be.

As I said, I'll 1v1 if someone wants to now, but I don't go around looking for them, still have their fun moments though I guess. I still need a couple pieces of gear on my hunter to hopefully perfect what I'm trying to do out there, but it's nice I can at least give a somewhat good fight to a rank 7 BA haha. Btw, what server did you xsfer from?
    What I remember most about that 1v1 was the kiting haha. I couln't even get hindering shot off . Much more fun not using cds(although i love using evade against burgs) although I might try gash or using death blossom on you next time to stop the kiting :P.

I think I started this toon on E around U12 then left it at r5ish until u13 and I was either on nimrodel or meneldor before this one.

Quote Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
    What I remember most about that 1v1 was the kiting haha. I couln't even get hindering shot off . Much more fun not using cds(although i love using evade against burgs) although I might try gash or using death blossom on you next time to stop the kiting :P.

I think I started this toon on E around U12 then left it at r5ish until u13 and I was either on nimrodel or meneldor before this one.
    I dont think I was kiting, do you mean strafing? I remember strafing through you to break your LoS and around you to get off induction bow shots, but I never kited. I dont kite on my hunter at all, I might strafe around you, but thats about it. Why would I kite a BA anyway, esp with the dps they put out now ?

I dont think I was kiting, do you mean strafing? I remember strafing through you to break your LoS and around you to get off induction bow shots, but I never kited. I dont kite on my hunter at all, I might strafe around you, but thats about it. Why would I kite a BA anyway, esp with the dps they put out now ?
    Oh yeah I meant strafing.

Why would anyone kite a BA haha

Quote Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
    Oh yeah I meant strafing.

Why would anyone kite a BA haha
    You should have seen the R8 reaver using Wrath against Ewoc. Who uses Wrath against a hunter like really
    [img]https://puu.sh/eEtPr/e6936d48fb.jpg[/img]
    [color=darkred]High Chieftan Urukhaithere + Chieftan Vargburz + Commander Annorian + Liutenant Professorbananas[/color]

With the state of reavers they shouldn't be using wrath on anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendmaggot View Post
    You should have seen the R8 reaver using Wrath against Ewoc. Who uses Wrath against a hunter like really
    I encounter that same reaver solo and he used wrath as well! He also impaled, dev'd, and popped a health pot. You just can't expect any kind of honor in 1v1's and especially not in solo encounters. Hagzu, Azunox and a few other wargs are the only few who have not popped hips and sprint on me in a planned 1v1 or in a solo encounter.

Props to everyone though, it was nice to log in yesterday and see most of the PVP'ers at GTA doing 1v1s.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#000080][I][B]Lieutenant Hydrain[/B][/I][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#800000][I]Task Master Hydran[/I] [/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Reavers shouldnt have to nerf themselves as much as they do to fight 1v1s, but Turbine was dumb and didn't take into consideration when they raised Creeps dps, that the OPs would help that dps as well :P, classic turbine stupidity at its finest. I just hate how some people do that now because they are stronger, even if they arent necessarily better than you. That's why I dont really care for 1v1s anymore, sort of hurts my integrity as a 1v1er ya know? In the past, people would have to go all out on me (not necessarily with cds but their skills that arent cds that are neccessary for them to win) to try and beat me, now its pathetic that's not the case that even when I'm doing everything in my power, it's not enough due to the mechanics of the moors, but I digress and I'll push on and find a way cuz thats just the kinda guy I am .

I think I know what reaver we're talking about here. If so, I beat him the majority of the fights we've had even with that stuff haha.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jul 01 2014 at 05:25 PM.

I'm sure I'm the reaver to which you are referring.

But cut me a tiny bit of slack, I've only been back 5 days after a nearly 3 year hiatus and I'm learning all the changes. Plus, I just got the wrath skill 3 days ago so I've been playing with it to see how it works. (I didnt even know about it before I got it).

It's not like I've been able to beat anyone with it. I think I've won 2 1v1s out of about 20? And the 2nd one was pure luck.

Once I get back into the swing, and understand how it works, I'll stop using it if it's OP. Also, DeathDemon07, I'm not store bought so I don't have impale yet. Impale wont come till Rank 9. If I potted, which I wouldn't do in a 1v1, or impaled - then maybe it wasnt me?

Anyone care to enlighten me on some of the less obvious and misunderstood dynamics of wrath? And yes if I cant get in striking range of a hunter, wrath isn't doing me any good. But if I can get in striking range and stay in striking range, are you saying its OP?

-Gehenna

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicAviar View Post

But cut me a tiny bit of slack, I've only been back 5 days after a nearly 3 year hiatus and I'm learning all the changes. Plus, I just got the wrath skill 3 days ago so I've been playing with it to see how it works. (I didnt even know about it before I got it).

It's not like I've been able to beat anyone with it. I think I've won 2 1v1s out of about 20? And the 2nd one was pure luck.

Once I get back into the swing, and understand how it works, I'll stop using it if it's OP. Also, DeathDemon07, I'm not store bought so I don't have impale yet. Impale wont come till Rank 9. If I potted, which I wouldn't do in a 1v1, or impaled - then maybe it wasnt me?

Anyone care to enlighten me on some of the less obvious and misunderstood dynamics of wrath? And yes if I cant get in striking range of a hunter, wrath isn't doing me any good. But if I can get in striking range and stay in striking range, are you saying its OP?

-Gehenna
    If I remember correctley, wrath restores 2% of the reavers health on skill hit. The average reaver will have about 55k health so that is about a 1k heal for each
    skill hit(might even be more for ravage and thrash). That tends to eat through most freeps classes dps.

What about using Glory in Victory when a Gut Punch crits? (HoT & +10% Damage I believe)

Is that also considered OP? I just learned about the gut punch crit thing last night.

-Gehenna

-Gehenna
    O crud, whats up Gehenna?! I wasnt referring to you man lol. I thought they were talking about someone else, how u been? Had no idea u were back! I miss our 1v1s guard vs reaver (it's Vinner btw if u remember him)! I'm gonna stick up for Gehenna here guys, I fought him long ago on my guard and he was a good reaver. So if he's still learning the mechanics (plus he probably has no audacity), then cut him some slack. Rev was talking about another reaver I was fighting.

O crud, whats up Gehenna?! I wasnt referring to you man lol. I thought they were talking about someone else, how u been? Had no idea u were back! I miss our 1v1s guard vs reaver (it's Vinner btw if u remember him)! I'm gonna stick up for Gehenna here guys, I fought him long ago on my guard and he was a good reaver. So if he's still learning the mechanics (plus he probably has no audacity), then cut him some slack. Rev was talking about another reaver I was fighting.
    I was referring to another reaver as well haha, I do actually remember Gehenna from the blender days
    [CENTER][COLOR=#000080][I][B]Lieutenant Hydrain[/B][/I][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#800000][I]Task Master Hydran[/I] [/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Making me blush here... Those days were so much fun. I want to see if it still has a chance to be as fun as it was. Plus I got burned out on Minecraft.

Timeline of my return:
    Day 1 - What the hell is up with the lag!?! I dont remember this!
    Day 2 - Rank 8. Only one day to rank up??? OMG!
    Day 3 - Whats this Wrath skill do? How the heck do I get more Comms?? What happened to using DP for buying stuff!?
    Day 4 - Hmmmm - wonder what goes on in the forums these day? Need more Comms.....
    Day 5 - 1v1s! Yeah! (facerolling the keyboard FTL)

-Gehenna (rank 8 noob)

Ah yes, 1v1s. where every event ends with ganking and flaming. endles OOC rants etc. I wonder why so many prefer watching 3 people have at it instead of trying to get some real action.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

G! Welcome back man. Haven't seen another Bad Blood member in years. Tanki/Lollies and I (Shadowthol/Dingo) still play a lot. I'm currently working in a remote ski resort at the moment though so can't get online as much as I would like but it would be nice to catch up with you man.
    |Gladden|

Day 6 - So a solo rank 8+ reaver can take a whole keep! (probably not TA tho) Who on earth allowed THIS to happen? Now I know what wrath is for...

Hi Dingo! I thought I saw you a few nights ago on Shadowthol(l?) I miss our experiments that 98% of the time ended with me returning from the rez circle to try something different.

And Vinner! Good times indeed! Curious tho - whats up with chasing me around the moors shooting fireworks my way?

Last thing and I'll shut up and come out to fight - I was running with a Rank 5 Defiler last night. Said he created his defiler last week. REALLY? Rank 5 in a week?? Still - he's been playing a week and already know more than me since it's all changed so much hehe

Day 6 - So a solo rank 8+ reaver can take a whole keep! (probably not TA tho) Who on earth allowed THIS to happen? Now I know what wrath is for...

Hi Dingo! I thought I saw you a few nights ago on Shadowthol(l?) I miss our experiments that 98% of the time ended with me returning from the rez circle to try something different.

And Vinner! Good times indeed! Curious tho - whats up with chasing me around the moors shooting fireworks my way?

Last thing and I'll shut up and come out to fight - I was running with a Rank 5 Defiler last night. Said he created his defiler last week. REALLY? Rank 5 in a week?? Still - he's been playing a week and already know more than me since it's all changed so much hehe
    Rank is pretty easy to get on creepside at the moment. All creep classes right now are still capable of solo'ing and you can easily get 200-400 infamy a kill. It's also fairly easy to rank up on freep also, but I don't think they have the opportunity to make as much renown as creeps can infamy on a given day. I wouldn't be surprised to see a creep hit r7 in a week atm.

Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL

G, check your forum private messages.
    |Gladden|

1v1's can be fun but creeps have to seriously gimp themselves atm to make the fights fair sadly. Maybe i'd change my opinion if i was used to blowing every cd on freep as well but I guess I follow our old rules of 1v1ing to much. BUT the honest truth is the game changes killed 1v1ing for the most part and the way some of us talk about 1v1ing or think it is/should be.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000139867/signature.png]Noobwhat[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtybum30 View Post
    1v1's can be fun but creeps have to seriously gimp themselves atm to make the fights fair sadly. Maybe i'd change my opinion if i was used to blowing every cd on freep as well but I guess I follow our old rules of 1v1ing to much. BUT the honest truth is the game changes killed 1v1ing for the most part and the way some of us talk about 1v1ing or think it is/should be.
    My sentiments exactly, Gwen. I'm such an old school 1v1er, and at times, when creeps nerf themselves to fight me, I innately nerf myself if I'm doing good and it costs me in a couple 1v1s recently :P. I gotta go all out everytime, because when it looks like I'm winning, I'm actually not. Like I said, 1v1s dont have that same feeling to them anymore that make them validate as much when you have people nerfing themselves with a bunch of outside buffs too.

when creeps nerf themselves to fight me
    This happens?

The creeps I fought since u13 have been enjoying free infamy pub-stomping 1v1s, using % morale pots, reavers spamming wrath, weavers using cj and burrowing, BAs popping uruk heal and MT, etc.

What do you consider going "all out" on a hunter? Our only long cd that benefits us heavily in a 1v1 is CotH, and by "benefits us heavily" I mean "long animation for trash results." Long kiting is frowned oh so heavily upon by creeps, as well, which makes me go "wut." because proper kiting does require skill, while backpedaling does not.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    This happens?

The creeps I fought since u13 have been enjoying free infamy pub-stomping 1v1s, using % morale pots, reavers spamming wrath, weavers using cj and burrowing, BAs popping uruk heal and MT, etc.

What do you consider going "all out" on a hunter? Our only long cd that benefits us heavily in a 1v1 is CotH, and by "benefits us heavily" I mean "long animation for trash results." Long kiting is frowned oh so heavily upon by creeps, as well, which makes me go "wut." because proper kiting does require skill, while backpedaling does not.
    At actual 1v1s with honorable people they do lol, even tho 1v1s are skewed to hell, so make of them what you will, but I only 1v1 now if there's nothing out there, dont actively go looking for them anymore. I guess you just got unfortunate luck with people that were bad and wanted to use that stuff haha. I'm saying that I just dont like the fact people nerf themselves against me when I used to be able to fight them when they would go all out, in regards to using things they would need against other classes. Back in RoI for example, a warg would have to start stealth vs me in order to have a chance. The fact that some of the good wargs dont just is an insult to me as a 1v1er, and an insult obviously to what Turbine did the class. Get what I'm saying though? Also, Press Onward with cd legacy works wonders. Yeah, I would kite, but I just don't like kiting anymore, too boring and a smart creep isnt gonna let u kite the way you want anyway haha. The way I see it, since they've made the class possible to play with not kiting, I like to fight that way. Back in the SoM days and beyond, kiting was needed to have any sort of chance. Ever since RoI though, I feel like that has changed and kiting isnt necessary. I've done pretty well straight up strafing efficiently, even though obviously some arent using everything they have.
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jul 04 2014 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    This happens?

Again, for someone who doesn't play out here, you sure have a lot of opinions on the state of our pvp. Maybe if you took more of a Vinner approach to 1v1ing, you'd see things a bit differently. Sometimes getting the kb isn't actually winning. 1v1ing should be about getting better at playing your class, not farming renown or infamy.

Perhaps Hydrain could give you a lesson? He's actually the best hunter I've faced so far and he even gets the kb to go with it.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast