We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Hello everyone~

Hello everyone~

The nostalgia has hit me...
    Reading the books, watching the movies... and now wanting to play this game and checking out the lore of LoTRO!
    I'm a pretty big fan of Lord of the Rings.. so, being away from it all for awhile... of course this nostalgia was going to hit me :P

My name is Addison, 25 years old, live in the USA!
    I've had a strong addiction for MMORPGs for over a decade, I can never leave it!
    No matter how bored I become of them and have phases where I cannot find an MMORPG to play and stick to... like now...

I've been looking for over 3 weeks now looking for a game with a great community where I could find friends.
    Maybe even a small tight-knit group//kinship I could call family where we all know each other and are there for each other!!
    Is that here in Lord of the Rings Online? I hope so! Since, I have that LoTR nostalgia!!!

I'm hoping for some replies ^^

Quote Originally Posted by AddisonH View Post
    Reading the books, watching the movies...
    Books? Good. Movies? Eh.
    I've been looking for over 3 weeks now looking for a game with a great community where I could find friends.
    Maybe even a small tight-knit group//kinship I could call family where we all know each other and are there for each other!!
    Is that here in Lord of the Rings Online?
    While it hasn't been something I've been looking for, I'm sure you can find that on just about any server.

Though, I'll bet that there will all be a mess of replies of people telling you to play on their server, because their kin is the bee's knees.

SPOILER WARNING lore-wise and to the gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by AddisonH View Post
    The nostalgia has hit me...
    Reading the books, watching the movies... and now wanting to play this game and checking out the lore of LoTRO!
    I'm a pretty big fan of Lord of the Rings.. so, being away from it all for awhile... of course this nostalgia was going to hit me :P

My name is Addison, 25 years old, live in the USA!
    I've had a strong addiction for MMORPGs for over a decade, I can never leave it!
    No matter how bored I become of them and have phases where I cannot find an MMORPG to play and stick to... like now...

Is that here in Lord of the Rings Online? I hope so! Since, I have that LoTR nostalgia!!!

I'm hoping for some replies ^^
    THe lore in the game is awesome, at least from my point of view. There are some session plays where you can play as Boromir when he tries to snatch the ring from Frodo, and his death scene. Lórien is simply beautiful. Oh, and you get to Moria _after the fellowship has already passed there_! So one of the bridges is broken (where Gandalf fell). Or I don't know, that is at least how I interpreted it. Lore-wise, I think the game is very nice!

Also, I am not sure of other servers, but in the one I am in, if you stand in Bree enough long, you will have tons of kinship requests thrown on you. Finding one that feels like a home depends on yourself. Making friends has mostly happened to me through quests that I've done together with others or by helping/receiving help.
    Last edited by Li-th; Jun 12 2014 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Li-th View Post
    Oh, and you get to Moria _after the fellowship has already passed there_! So one of the bridges is broken (where Gandalf fell). Or I don't know, that is at least how I interpreted it. Lore-wise, I think the game is very nice!
    You do indeed enter Moria after the fellowship. If you manage to make it all the way down to the Foundations of Stone, you'll find a certain someone's pointy hat! I'm sure his old friends in Lothlorien would like to see it...
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    You do indeed enter Moria after the fellowship. If you manage to make it all the way down to the Foundations of Stone, you'll find a certain someone's pointy hat! I'm sure his old friends in Lothlorien would like to see it...
    Oh yess, I forgot about that! It was in the scary place, haha. It was so cool that we could actually find it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    You can also see the broken body of the Balrog. Which even dead still puts out some heavy dread.

Hey guys take it easy on the spoilers, for both the OP and the rest of us reading. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by katia0203 View Post
    Hey guys take it easy on the spoilers, for both the OP and the rest of us reading. Thanks!
    Ahh! Sorry! Didn't think of that. I'll put spoiler warning there somehow.

Welcome Aboard the crazy train.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruginson View Post
    Welcome Aboard the crazy train.
    What he said. By The Way, Do I know you Rug?
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.