We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Confused about the rules

collusion: 1. a secret agreement, especially for fraudulent or treacherous purposes. 2. a secret understanding between two or more persons to gain something illegally, to defraud another of his or her rights, or to appear as adversaries though in agreement.

I don't get the rules here. I'm not sure if I should.

I have been around the Moors before, just not the Evernight Moors. I do not play a freep at all in the Moors; I have always been just a creep, always will be. I have been here on Evernight about a month, started from scratch, just to see what was going on.

Here is what I have seen so far: this server sees its share of brand new players every day, and rather than showing those players how to play correctly, we have an elite group that straddles both sides of the fence and plays for their personal benefit only.

I am writing this for two reasons: first, I am pissed that there is this muddy water surrounding proper rules of engagement, and second, this server and its experienced players have been given priority as the default server. There should be leadership and some degree of education, and there is very little to be found.

Here are two scenarios that illustrate my points:

1. I am defending a keep with one other equally ranked creep against a high level freep known to pick out easy kills and known to be notoriously hard to defeat, even with large groups. A high ranked creep runs into the room, looks around, then leaves. Both of us creeps die, the freep then solos the keep. I asked the high ranked creep why he didn't help with the defense and he told me that it was already 2v1, and that he would not "faceroll zerg" a freep inside a red keep just to protect it.

Moral of the story: grouping up to take down a high level on either side is considered zerging. High levels are more concerned with their rank rather than territory/faction. 1v1s are encouraged by all high levels, regardless of faction or rank.

A common definition of zerging can be found here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=zerg

2. The Moors are totally dead, no freeps anywhere. I work my way up into a blue Lug in an attempt to catch freeps going to get quests. I let the OOC know where I am. Minutes later a defiler shows up, and I heal it and help it kill off the trash it had brought up the stairs. The defiler then goes into the CG room and starts hitting the CG; I join in, making sure I get all aggro from the bosses. I get no heals and drop to about half health. A burg shows up, targets me, and drops me to one-third health. I stay in the room hoping not to reset the mobs and get the defiler to help. Nothing. I run to the hallway and reset the CG, thinking the defiler cannot see the burg. Nothing, still no help. I am eventually stunlocked and defeated, all within eyesight of the defiler. The burg goes back into the CG room, jumps up and down around the defiler a few times, then stealths. I asked the defiler if it knew the burg and it said yes, the burg was its friend.

Moral of the story: collusion exists here between a certain group of players, regardless of faction. When pressed on the OOC, the defiler's best defense was that I was defeated in a 1v1 by a lower level freep. This was metagaming at its finest, something I will not soon forget.

So here are a few of the rules that I know. They make sense and work to keep the server clean and healthy.

1. Metagaming for personal benefit should not be tolerated.
    2. Grouping is important and should be taught at the lower ranks.
    3. Duels (e.g. 1v1s) are acknowledged by both parties.
    4. Interrupting a duel is bad manners.
    5. Camping the graveyard is bad manners.
    6. Control of territory creates motivation for both sides.
    7. Naming names in a forum post is bad manners.

Aside from the known complainers who will comment about the length of this post or some other stupid detail, I am writing this to challenge those of you who have been here for a while. You are not inspiring anyone new. Most of the new people have rolled reavers and charge around looking for outposts to flip. They don't know how to group, and they look to the higher ranks to give them a clue.

Do you care? If so, then what should be done? If not, then why should we?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000254bd7/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

just change server or game, people never learn.
    would like to see the "action" now that evernight is not the default server, back to nothing i guess?

While i understand your post, and how you feel, you must understand that some people in this server have mutual respect.

i waa on my lvl 77 scaled burg, 75 li's and gear. I should never gotten a wl down with that, and the defiler was very aware, how bad scaled freeps are.

You asked me few days ago, why i did not attack a guardian in tr, when i saw him fighting 2 warleaders with tyrant and 2 minions.
    i told you, there is no reason to zerg those few brave ones that have the guts to fight creeps, let alone in a red keep.

while i do know what zerging is, i use the term loosely, but you must know what i ment with it.

to sum it up, some fight to learn and have a challenge, some for points and ranks.

back in ghe days, those who decided not to jump in a fight, that was already unbalanced, were thought as fair players, by both sides.

now when it hapoens = lame fightclubber elitist.

Wtb Mirkwood times and people back.

The original Valdez

First off, you don't understand anything about me. Did you come here to gloat? Smarter people would have just been silent.

I think the point here is that you use your own definitions to justify your actions, which are arbitrary and only work to your own benefit. I know who you are now. It won't happen again, and any deliberate attempts by you to take advantage of me will be reported.

The server I learned to play on, the creeps---regardless of how they felt about one another---fought all freeps. What you did is metagaming, no better than farming infamy or renown off a toon you logged in on another box you own.

And please don't reiterate the stupid idea that my WL should have been somehow immune to what your burg was doing. How? It took you over a minute to whittle off the last 10k morale that I had left over from trying to protect your friend from the CG and his henchmen, and most of that was done while I was stunlocked. The majority of the damage done was not done by your burg, it was done while trying to attract the attention of NPCs so that they would not hurt your friend.

Your friend, a creep, decided not to help me, a creep, because you, on your freep, wanted to gank me and get away with it. Again, your intention was personal gain, and had nothing to do with fostering community goodwill. That had nothing to do with a "good fight" as it was based on collusion. No doubt the same thing applied to the guardian you watched take apart a couple of low rank warleaders. "Mutual respect" in this sense just means that the strong exist to take advantage of the weak, and you like it that way.

I don't want to have anything to do with you or your friend. Regardless of your rank and your experience, you are a shallow, small person.

I was hoping to appeal to something a bit greater. Is there anyone on this server that has principles beyond their own mental masturbation?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000254bd7/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It's funny how a thread abberates from its title just in 2 posts. First you admited you were confused about the rules, now it seems you want to make it look as if everyone else is confused about them and YOU have the right answer to oust their confusion, isn't it?

Ever heard of "When in Rome, do as Romans"?

Regardless of how I personally feel about the situations you've described, it just rises a rightful question when one reads: "Where I came from everything was so great and fair, everyone was a nice guy, everyone was having fun, the grass was greener, the trees were taller, bla-bla...".

Sometimes I think that "recommended" status has done Evernight more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Curandil View Post
    Your friend, a creep, decided not to help me, a creep, because you, on your freep, wanted to gank me and get away with it. Again, your intention was personal gain, and had nothing to do with fostering community goodwill. That had nothing to do with a "good fight" as it was based on collusion. No doubt the same thing applied to the guardian you watched take apart a couple of low rank warleaders. "Mutual respect" in this sense just means that the strong exist to take advantage of the weak, and you like it that way.
    http://es.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crybaby

Came here to say: I was the defiler, I'm mainly trying to not showing GV when most of yours are camping, I'm trying to not overkill any freep, I'm trying to play fair, so, my PvMP is drastically reduced to Quest around Moors map, Roam DoF, and getting bored, because when You got killed at Lug you met a Bored player trying to solo Cg room and another bored player which seems logged a scaled freep, after asking several times if there was any kind of action but lame freep camp, or few Spars, spars I could not get in (complaining is not of concern, and I never liked spars tbh) Now it's time to read, I did not heal you vs a scaled burglar, you always got the chance of going Gv and keep farming freeps, I'll not, reason: http://es.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boring

collusion: 1. a secret agreement, especially for fraudulent or treacherous purposes. 2. a secret understanding between two or more persons to gain something illegally, to defraud another of his or her rights, or to appear as adversaries though in agreement.

I have been around the Moors before, just not the Evernight Moors. I do not play a freep at all in the Moors; I have always been just a creep, always will be. I have been here on Evernight about a month, started from scratch, just to see what was going on.

Here is what I have seen so far: this server sees its share of brand new players every day, and rather than showing those players how to play correctly, we have an elite group that straddles both sides of the fence and plays for their personal benefit only.

I am writing this for two reasons: first, I am pissed that there is this muddy water surrounding proper rules of engagement, and second, this server and its experienced players have been given priority as the default server. There should be leadership and some degree of education, and there is very little to be found.

1. I am defending a keep with one other equally ranked creep against a high level freep known to pick out easy kills and known to be notoriously hard to defeat, even with large groups. A high ranked creep runs into the room, looks around, then leaves. Both of us creeps die, the freep then solos the keep. I asked the high ranked creep why he didn't help with the defense and he told me that it was already 2v1, and that he would not "faceroll zerg" a freep inside a red keep just to protect it.

Moral of the story: grouping up to take down a high level on either side is considered zerging. High levels are more concerned with their rank rather than territory/faction. 1v1s are encouraged by all high levels, regardless of faction or rank.

A common definition of zerging can be found here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=zerg

2. The Moors are totally dead, no freeps anywhere. I work my way up into a blue Lug in an attempt to catch freeps going to get quests. I let the OOC know where I am. Minutes later a defiler shows up, and I heal it and help it kill off the trash it had brought up the stairs. The defiler then goes into the CG room and starts hitting the CG; I join in, making sure I get all aggro from the bosses. I get no heals and drop to about half health. A burg shows up, targets me, and drops me to one-third health. I stay in the room hoping not to reset the mobs and get the defiler to help. Nothing. I run to the hallway and reset the CG, thinking the defiler cannot see the burg. Nothing, still no help. I am eventually stunlocked and defeated, all within eyesight of the defiler. The burg goes back into the CG room, jumps up and down around the defiler a few times, then stealths. I asked the defiler if it knew the burg and it said yes, the burg was its friend.

Moral of the story: collusion exists here between a certain group of players, regardless of faction. When pressed on the OOC, the defiler's best defense was that I was defeated in a 1v1 by a lower level freep. This was metagaming at its finest, something I will not soon forget.

So here are a few of the rules that I know. They make sense and work to keep the server clean and healthy.

Aside from the known complainers who will comment about the length of this post or some other stupid detail, I am writing this to challenge those of you who have been here for a while. You are not inspiring anyone new. Most of the new people have rolled reavers and charge around looking for outposts to flip. They don't know how to group, and they look to the higher ranks to give them a clue.

And who might you be?

First off, you don't understand anything about me. Did you come here to gloat? Smarter people would have just been silent.

I think the point here is that you use your own definitions to justify your actions, which are arbitrary and only work to your own benefit. I know who you are now. It won't happen again, and any deliberate attempts by you to take advantage of me will be reported.

The server I learned to play on, the creeps---regardless of how they felt about one another---fought all freeps. What you did is metagaming, no better than farming infamy or renown off a toon you logged in on another box you own.

And please don't reiterate the stupid idea that my WL should have been somehow immune to what your burg was doing. How? It took you over a minute to whittle off the last 10k morale that I had left over from trying to protect your friend from the CG and his henchmen, and most of that was done while I was stunlocked. The majority of the damage done was not done by your burg, it was done while trying to attract the attention of NPCs so that they would not hurt your friend.

I don't want to have anything to do with you or your friend. Regardless of your rank and your experience, you are a shallow, small person.

I was hoping to appeal to something a bit greater. Is there anyone on this server that has principles beyond their own mental masturbation?
    i totally get you mate. there are some weird alliances, between certain creeps and freeps you cant trust no one especially creatures they fight for them self only.
    you should maybe follow evadar idea or whatever his name is and change server or you could always join a tribe. few out their is still recruiting no matter if ur bad or good.
    thats ur only chance to get some good action.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

Personally i like the fact when i log i can and will attack what ever i want..........its a game you donuts just attack each other real friends forgive, the post above has merits thingo touched on the subject some time ago.

http://thisiswhylife.files.wordpress...-your-back.gif

Hello!

I stumbled across this topic when browsing this forum as the actual ettenmoors in Lord Of The Rings Online (LOTRO) is a bit on the #### side at the moment!

You raise an interesting point!

But I would like to raise an interesting point also; the server where you learned how to play probably still exists!

Also, since I am dubious in my conviction that you can actually play because I would say most people who make topics like these fall in to my category of bad-mediocre players (and I am a fantastic judge of bad-mediocre players being one myself), your whole argument becomes somewhat diluted, watered down, as they say.

Thank you!
    GUARDIAN

I AM CRED

- My friends on freep-side know I will always target them when I'm playing creep-side, friendships are not cross-faction and if killing someone who you're a friend with on the opposing side causes them to whine at you, they're not a friend worth having - it is, after all, just a game.
    - There is no such thing as sparring, all enemy targets are fair-game. Organising fights between freep & creep in any fashion is fight-clubbing, and is expressly prohibited by Turbine.
    - It's an open-warzone, all enemy targets are fair-game, whether it's 1v1, 2v1, or 24v1. If you're prepared to take a step out of Glan Vraig or Gramsfoot, you should expect anything and everything.

Seems straight-forward enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekremiah View Post
    - My friends on freep-side know I will always target them when I'm playing creep-side, friendships are not cross-faction and if killing someone who you're a friend with on the opposing side causes them to whine at you, they're not a friend worth having - it is, after all, just a game.
    - There is no such thing as sparring, all enemy targets are fair-game. Organising fights between freep & creep in any fashion is fight-clubbing, and is expressly prohibited by Turbine.
    - It's an open-warzone, all enemy targets are fair-game, whether it's 1v1, 2v1, or 24v1. If you're prepared to take a step out of Glan Vraig or Gramsfoot, you should expect anything and everything.

Seems straight-forward enough.
    This^^, times 10

Whoever walks out of grams or gv expecting to get back alive is crazy in my book... I only play creepside in ettens and the leader of my freep-kin only plays freepside. He is the first i/we go for , not because i hate him (He is actually my best irl-friend) but because we need to get the healers down first (He is a very good RK-healer)

Often i let low-rank freeps live when i see them quest, but that is just me feeling the pain of beeing low-ranked in ettens, (and it sure was hard creepside before HD) and i think the few who are not switchers deserve a break now and then to keep them interested enough to keep on fighting.

In my perfect 'Ettens' there is give and take, both sides winning some while having fun. This means no zerging and no camps. But we are all individuals, so If someone Else enjoys a different way of playing then so be it.

I can only force one person to play by my rules, and that's me (And even this is no easy task for sure:-))

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

There is a few i won't attack but that down to the fact im sleeping with them........show me the honey Oo

Quote Originally Posted by minnimeepouch View Post
    There is a few i won't attack but that down to the fact im sleeping with them........show me the honey Oo
    sigh noob burg zS
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidash View Post
    sigh noob burg zS
    Ride me cowboy ---->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brokeback_Mountain