We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Many problems from a french player

Hello everyone,

My english/american is poor so there is a french translation of my words at the end of this topic to avoid errors.

This topic could be found in several places, the "General" forum is the best.

I know English's friends, that you are far away from some of our problems.

I begin:

- For some times, our server (Estel) is struggling, lag response, time very long etc ...
    - In Proceedings of the chips reputation points account TURBINE is no longer correct.
    - The location is poor (I still polished) one day we have the French version of the slugs(limace) the next day the English version(slug).

I would write in the English forum to be heard, finally a small can.

All good games.

-------------------------------------------------
    Bonjour à tous,

Ce sujet pourrait se trouver dans plusieurs endroits, le forum "général" est le meilleur.

Je sais amis anglophone que vous êtes loin de certains de nos problèmes.

Je commence :

- Depuis quelques temps notre serveur (Estel) est à la peine, lag temps de réponse très long etc...
    - Dans les rendu de jetons de réputation les compte de points TURBINE n'est plus bon.
    - La localisation laisse à désirer (je reste poli) un jour nous avons la version française des limaces le lendemain la version anglaise.

Je me permets d'écrire dans le forum anglophone pour être entendu, enfin un petit peut.

Bon jeux tous.
    ------------------------------------

Ardinendlil (Estel RP)
    Ardinendlil, Maître du Savoir de la confrérie des Maîtres artisans sur Estel [FR-RP]

Quote Originally Posted by Ardinen View Post
    - In Proceedings of the chips reputation points account TURBINE is no longer correct.

- Dans les rendu de jetons de réputation les compte de points TURBINE n'est plus bon.
    Since this one makes no real sense to me in English, but understanding written French is ok for me, I'll try to reformulate this question, just so others can understand:

When consuming reputation items, the rewarding of Turbine Points isn't working properly.
    I don't know if the lag issues on Estel are worse than elsewhere, I only play one server so I cannot compare. I do think that all the servers had some issues for a few hours last weekend, causing an incredible amount of lag, rubberbanding, and not being able to log in at times, perhaps this is what you are referring to.

When you are doing any deeds that reward Turbine Points, try not to finish too many at the same time. I have had this issue before when consuming reputation items, that if I finish one deed, and then another say 10 second later, only one of the TP rewards was granted. Wait until you get the notification of the TP being rewarded before you finish the next deed.

Localization is not an easy thing, I suppose, though I'd expect that if you have the French version of something, it wouldn't appear in English the next day. Perhaps in this case you are referring to Fangorn Slugs, of which there are two types, and only one of them has a French name at this time (I don't know if this is the case, it is just a guess). Unfortunately for you, Turbine is not a French company, so when their English version is 'ready', they will release it, even if the translations to French are not finished yet.

Just a said before - Localization is kind of a "gift" for french an german players. We can be happy that they still do it.
    Of course there are many mistakes, missing parts and even totally wrong translations f.e. Skill descriptions.

Main Problem is that translation is made out of context. They just translate a word without knowing what it is supposed to describe. So when there is a word which can be translated in different ways in your languages there is the possibility for something odd. (Like english "chest" can mean "brust (breast) or "Kiste" in german - guess what they took :-)

I would file a bug report for anything that is not translated correctly. Be sure to file a separate bug report for each. That is the only way that the errors can be corrected.
    If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made. Very few people die past that age.
    -George Burns

Whenever you feel sad, just remember that somewhere in this world, there's someone pulling a door that says "PUSH"

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravynne View Post
    I would file a bug report for anything that is not translated correctly. Be sure to file a separate bug report for each. That is the only way that the errors can be corrected.
    This. It cannot be stated often enough a forum post, in any language and in any forum, is not a bug report and is unlikely to be seen by the right people. If you encounter a bug or something you think is a bug be sure to use the bug reporting tool in game.

Ardinen - do what Mathili said. Click reputation items until you finish one deed, wait for Turbine points message (10-20 seconds), then you can start clicking reputation items again. That way you will get all Turbine points.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordvin View Post
    Just a said before - Localization is kind of a "gift" for french an german players. We can be happy that they still do it.
    Of course there are many mistakes, missing parts and even totally wrong translations f.e. Skill descriptions.

Main Problem is that translation is made out of context. They just translate a word without knowing what it is supposed to describe. So when there is a word which can be translated in different ways in your languages there is the possibility for something odd. (Like english "chest" can mean "brust (breast) or "Kiste" in german - guess what they took :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    This. It cannot be stated often enough a forum post, in any language and in any forum, is not a bug report and is unlikely to be seen by the right people. If you encounter a bug or something you think is a bug be sure to use the bug reporting tool in game.
    That bug has been around forever. I reported it a few times too. There are lots of old bugs in the game, they've been reported a lot, and surely they are known to the right people.

I think in this case a forum post is far more useful to the poster, since he can get advice on how to avoid the bug.

That bug is very annoying but it's also easily avoidable. Maybe some sticky thread for bugs like that would be a good idea. It's perfectly understandable that some bugs aren't high on developers' priority list, but some info about these bugs and how to avoid them would help people, until they are fixed.