We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs down Adding Trapper of Foes legacies to the hunters legendary items

Right now, the hunter legendary weapons do not have any legacies to make the Trapper of Foes line stronger. That's disappointing, at the least. It gives hunters a big reason not to use Trapper of Foes. I also feel that the trapper of foes should have a self-heal, as it's supposed to be the survival line. Piercing trap doesn't really give an impressive heal, especially when compared to Press Onwards. Oh, and what about those trap parts we are supposed to be getting?

Otherwise, great job on making the Trapper of Foes line useful! It's great fun to use it!
    [URL=http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/HenrickV/media/Tureaglin%20signature_zpsdjaux4bg.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o569/HenrickV/Tureaglin%20signature_zpsdjaux4bg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Tureaglin View Post
    Right now, the hunter legendary weapons do not have any legacies to make the Trapper of Foes line stronger. That's disappointing, at the least. It gives hunters a big reason not to use Trapper of Foes. I also feel that the trapper of foes should have a self-heal, as it's supposed to be the survival line. Piercing trap doesn't really give an impressive heal, especially when compared to Press Onwards. Oh, and what about those trap parts we are supposed to be getting?

Otherwise, great job on making the Trapper of Foes line useful! It's great fun to use it!

The damage over time legacy has synergism with the trapper line. Pretty sure it stacks with Natural Extracts.

HTH

A good idea, there are plenty of things they could add to LI's for this traitline.

+trap damage, -trap cd, +1 +2 decoys, -decoy cd, using a trap restores 1% 2% 3% etc of max morale. Stuff like that.
    [center]***My Real Life Warg Pack***
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KRLgMrUIk[/url][/center]

Agreed. While blue and red lines of hunter have plenty of supporting legacies, yellow-line have very few, and some of them is already outdated, like the -cooldown of Distracting Shoot.

Legacies are suggested to be changed:
    -Bow:
    +Major: Ranged Skill Evade Chance modifier, Ranged Skill Block Change modifier (both of them are fillers from the past), Strength Quick Shot slow (not worth to have, imo)
    +Minor: Distracting Shot cooldown (the cooldown reduction is too minimal), Distracting Shot resistance penetration (filler), Focus Bow threat down (legacy of the past?) , Ranged Evade rating (who needs this?)

-Melee weapon:
    +Major: Blindside critical rating, Improved Strength of the Earth morale regen (pretty much a useless blue-line skill), Needful Haste duration (occur a lot in Red-line)
    +Minor: Desperate Flight cooldown (not worth it), Low Cut bleed chance (filler), Melee Critical rating (hunters don't melee that much)

New legacies for Trapper of Foes line:
    -Trap Cooldown by 15s at max rank
    -Trap Debuff Duration by 15s at max rank (add more tick to DoT Trap)
    -Trap Range by 10 at max rank (to make the trap can be throw at yellow-line's maximum range, which is 30m)
    -Trap Resistance, which is at least on par with the trait with similar function in yellow-line.
    -Trap Damage by 15-30pct at max rank.
    -Improve heal for Snake Biting trap
    -Improve heal for Ensurance Stance Quick Shot
    -Improve BPE for Endurance Stance
    -Rain of Thorn cooldown by 60s at max rank
    -Damage for Decoy and Explosive arrow by 30pct at max rank
    -Stun duration for Deadly Decoy by 3-5s at max rank
    -Damage by 15-30pct for the One Trap.
    -Trap count increases for all trap by 2 for all traps (so that Snake biting trap, the One Trap... can be put three at once)
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    Agreed. While blue and red lines of hunter have plenty of supporting legacies, yellow-line have very few, and some of them is already outdated, like the -cooldown of Distracting Shoot.

-Bow:
    +Major: Ranged Skill Evade Chance modifier, Ranged Skill Block Change modifier (both of them are fillers from the past), Strength Quick Shot slow (not worth to have, imo)
    +Minor: Distracting Shot cooldown (the cooldown reduction is too minimal), Distracting Shot resistance penetration (filler), Focus Bow threat down (legacy of the past?) , Ranged Evade rating (who needs this?)
    Agreed.

-Melee weapon:
    +Major: Blindside critical rating, Improved Strength of the Earth morale regen (pretty much a useless blue-line skill), Needful Haste duration (occur a lot in Red-line)
    +Minor: Desperate Flight cooldown (not worth it), Low Cut bleed chance (filler), Melee Critical rating (hunters don't melee that much)
    Beg to differ here, at least on some legacies.
    A) I definitely like the Needful Haste duration and had/have it on many of my past and current LIs for my hunter
    B) Low Cut Bleed Chance: this needs a refurbishment. Instead of having such a low bleed chance give it a max of 100%, with 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% at ranks 1-5 plus an increase of bleed damage at ranks 6-9 of +50%/+100%/+200%. Even though it is somewhat underpowered as it stands I still like it and have it on many of my LIs, too.

-Trap Range by 10 at max rank (to make the trap can be throw at yellow-line's maximum range, which is 30m)
    -Trap Resistance, which is at least on par with the trait with similar function in yellow-line.
    -Trap count increases for all trap by 2 for all traps (so that Snake biting trap, the One Trap... can be put three at once)
    ^This! Great!
    Additional ideas:

Trap Trigger Count (Major legacy): let it have the usual ludicrous costs of additional targets for AoE effects (24/56/78/108 LI points at level6 for ranks 2-5).
    +2/+4/+6/+8/+10 trap triggers (similar to the engineer trap trigger count in BBs)

Trap persistence (minor legacy), low LIp cost
    +15s/30s/45s/60s/75s/90s/105s/120s/135s trap duration before traps vanish if not triggered
    Resurfaced bug count: 321 and counting...
    Milogson (Mini) 100; Lhon (RK) 100; Eithaliel (Warden) 100, Korli (Guardian) 100; Eorbrand (Cpt) 100; Saeleanor (Ht) 100; Saerena (Champ) 100;
    Amarantia (Brg) 100; Dhergon (LM) 100; Othaling (Beo) 77, all on Maiar

Thumbs up

-Bow:

-Melee weapon:

Agreed with all of this, excellent post
    [URL=http://s1148.photobucket.com/user/HenrickV/media/Tureaglin%20signature_zpsdjaux4bg.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o569/HenrickV/Tureaglin%20signature_zpsdjaux4bg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

This is a nice thread. I am glad people are still trying to improve the Hunter. It seems like most people gave up the fight and just accepted what is, me included (I am basing this totally on the forum posts). The yellow line has never been that popular and it was reflected in the LI legacies. With the class revamp they did not address that issue. In fact I think there are several antiquated legacies and underperforming legacies that needed looked at. From what I can tell the Hunter has the short end of the stick compared to all my other classes when it comes to Legacies. Maybe this will change.
    they are all dead.. they just don't know it yet....