We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

4 Harrow Road, Whitwich, The Shire

LOTRO memory reaches 2000000kb. Normal?

So after playing LOTRO for a good 3+ hours, I noticed the memory usage for it on Norton was around 2,000,000kb, whereas upon launching the game it's at 1,100,000kb, and can reach 1,600,000kb. Is playing the game for extended periods of time normal for having the memory increase? My computer's pretty high end, with 12gb of RAM, so it can handle it, I assume?
    Crogard Himblefoot - Hobbit Burglar of Brandywine
    The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies opens Dec. 17, 2014!

I got the same problem and also the color of my taskbar changes to default with no aeropeek after i close the game it goes back to normal .

This is perfectly normal. 2GB of memory usage for a game client is really very little these days.

The reason that it increases during play is that Turbine disabled the loading of certain game information during loading to reduce load times and, during play, you may invoke the loading of that information which is then permanently stored in memory until you exit the client.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.