We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

can't connect to patch server

Hello ,
    I've got a problem on my LOTRO :
    when it try to update the game: the process blocks at 33% , then a message pops up and say: "Can't connect to patch server retry in 60 second ". That never works and it restart again and again without ending .
    Could someone help me ?
    thank you.

"Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

I am having the same, i have tryed restarting it over and over again but still saying the same thing, i was hopping with the hotfix it would be fixed but nope. Anyone able to help me with this?

thank you

since i have problems everytime they do kind of an update, i know most of the solutions now... one just worked today again.

open the "backup" folder in your game folder and copy the items into the game file. should work again then.

Quote Originally Posted by ISS_21 View Post
    since i have problems everytime they do kind of an update, i know most of the solutions now... one just worked today again.

open the "backup" folder in your game folder and copy the items into the game file. should work again then.

Thanks for this, i did some digging but still dose not works, i have not even done the update yet

Quote Originally Posted by ISS_21 View Post

I tried this but it did not help The client re-patched itself, but then continues to freeze on Pre-Reqs.

Edit: I checked my Firewall rules for the game and realised they were all set to auto (in Norton 360). I've changed all programmes with names matching Turbine (TurbineLauncher.exe, TurbineInvoker.exe, etc.) from auto to allow. The launcher now seems to be applying forward iterations, so hopefully that may have fixed the problem. Having the game set to auto has never been a problem in the past, but it seems Norton doesn't like this update.

Edit 2: Everything now seems to be in order
    Last edited by Galuhad; Jun 09 2014 at 03:16 PM.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

Not working... Not a happy camper.

Ok. Patching failed for me after a while when the client restarted. It gets to a screen which says it is installing pre reqs... then dies. I checked the net connection and all seems fine. I rebooted the machine again and still nothing. I checked DDO and I can still get in over there. So I tried uninstalling the client. That may have been a mistake. Going to the download page takes me to something which installs a client program (tried the fill and the progressive one of these as well) which fails to connect to a happy cloud server. I guess this is something new, but something not in the release notes? I uninstalled the media booster thing too from the previous (which I think I really needed for DDO) and it still refuses to connect or download anything. I do use Norton so maybe I need to make a firewall hole for this Happy Coud thing? Anyone having the same issue?

Update.. the installer is now connecting to the happy cloud... I guess they were just down for a while. Now got to wait a while to see if it works. Still if you switched to a new provider called Happy Cloud it would have been nice to have had it in the release notes. Or maybe it jsut installed the media booster which then installs lotro? I am confuzled now.
    Last edited by VirtualVikki; Jun 09 2014 at 05:54 PM.

I have a similar problem. My launcher stucks at "Installing Pre-Reqs" section and cannot pass here. What must I do?
    I tried backup the launcher and checked the firewall options.