We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
Results 401 to 418 of 418

Thread: Beorning notes

  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    So with other words you claim the L50 Beorning was a luxury article targeted at this audience?

    So if luxury articles should cost less and substantial content should be more expensive, what is your suggested price for the next expansion?
    What has this to do with what I said?
    I merely stated that if players are willing to pay premium prices for eye candy and minor bonuses it's not as obvious as Radhruin_EU claims that they are not willing to pay premium for a new class with additional bonuses.

    Don't try to twist the words in my mouth.

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Fratonia View Post
    What has this to do with what I said?
    I merely stated that if players are willing to pay premium prices for eye candy and minor bonuses it's not as obvious as Radhruin_EU claims that they are not willing to pay premium for a new class with additional bonuses.
    Seen isolated from the rest of the thread you're right there. Maybe it was just your intention to point out that there is always someone that will buy anything at any price - independent if it is substantial content or fluff. I agree with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fratonia View Post
    Don't try to twist the words in my mouth.
    In thread context the discussion was if the original price was the convenience price (~5K) - which both Radhruin and I opposed because of low sales numbers.
    You claimed higher sales numbers because of the mentioned audience - which would be the target audience then. Selling substantial stuff to this audience would in this case maybe not stop at classes.

    The main point is that the required sales for a class are different than the ones e.g. required for a cosmetic or a small buff. Development cost is different. In complexity a new class is by far higher than e.g. the GotV or a new cloak (mainly texture, the shapes don't change that much). This type of development requires higher sales numbers, and to my opinion this requires a wide audience - which is now covered by the base version, leaving the smaller audience for the more expensive version.

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    6,029
    It's got to a point for some (it would seem), that the actual price is of little importance anymore, and the point is merely blame casting. No matter what facts, quotes, statements are brought to the table, they are twisted, moulded and presented to suit.



    Only one thing will solve the blame issue.

    So I'm asking Turbine specifically this question (whether they answer or not, remains to be seen, but I do hope that they will).

    Does the decision to make a level one Beorning class actually affect, the price that a level 50 start Beorning will now be, compared with what it would have been without the level one start? (no actual monetary figures required in your answer as yes or no will answer it sufficiently)

    If yes? Will it make the level 50 class now more expensive? Or will it make the level 50 class now less expensive?

    If either, Will that reflect on any subsequent Beornings that players may want to buy, or will it only apply to their first level 50 Beorning purchase?
    Apes are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    In thread context the discussion was if the original price was the convenience price (~5K) - which both Radhruin and I opposed because of low sales numbers.
    You claimed higher sales numbers because of the mentioned audience - which would be the target audience then. Selling substantial stuff to this audience would in this case maybe not stop at classes.

    The main point is that the required sales for a class are different than the ones e.g. required for a cosmetic or a small buff. Development cost is different. In complexity a new class is by far higher than e.g. the GotV or a new cloak (mainly texture, the shapes don't change that much). This type of development requires higher sales numbers, and to my opinion this requires a wide audience - which is now covered by the base version, leaving the smaller audience for the more expensive version.
    I do not claim higher sales number. I just claim that there would be players who buy the new class at ~5k TP. I have no idea how high this number would be but I guess that Turbine has also seen that they would fare better if they provide options. An option to just get the class and nothing else at level 1 and a lower price and another option to have the premium package at a premium price. There will be people who buy the premium package. I'm sure of that. There have always been people who bought the biggest package available just to "have it all" and of course because they could afford it.

    I'll simply wait until the class is released and then I will check the shop to see how much it costs. There is no reason to debate about prices now because we don't know them yet.

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    6,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Fratonia View Post
    I just claim that there would be players who buy the new class at ~5k TP.
    What some few people with more money that sense might do and what the average player might do when faced with that sort of price tag are, I suspect, two very different things.

  6. #406
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    22

    Price

    How much do you estimate the cost of the new class will be? Is it available free to premium players?
    Happy Hunting and Merry Music to My Friends on Landroval

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by MandolfThePurple View Post
    How much do you estimate the cost of the new class will be? Is it available free to premium players?
    Just as with Runekeeper and Warden, it'll not be available for free. Turbine hasn't said a price yet as far as I know, though I feel it's not an easy guess to make for us players since it might be sold both solo and in a bundle with the quite expensive Gift of the Valar
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,074
    One thing I've been pondering: Some people have their maximum number of characters on their server (13 free, 15 with Moria and 17 with Moria and a subscription). Any chance of raising the maximum number of character slots?

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenusG View Post
    One thing I've been pondering: Some people have their maximum number of characters on their server (13 free, 15 with Moria and 17 with Moria and a subscription). Any chance of raising the maximum number of character slots?
    Turbine has mentioned that they're thinking of adding more slots when they release the Beorning class, and they have also asked for reasons to start selling a few extra slots now and also a few more when the Beornings arrive, instead of holding back them all until we get Beornings. Sadly I can't find the thread where they asked that :/ But if anyone know what thread I'm talking about, I'd appreciate a link

    Here's another thread from before then, showing that it's not a pure no on more character slots It's the best I can do, sorry
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...38#post7106938
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    Turbine has mentioned that they're thinking of adding more slots when they release the Beorning class, and they have also asked for reasons to start selling a few extra slots now and also a few more when the Beornings arrive, instead of holding back them all until we get Beornings. Sadly I can't find the thread where they asked that :/ But if anyone know what thread I'm talking about, I'd appreciate a link

    Here's another thread from before then, showing that it's not a pure no on more character slots It's the best I can do, sorry
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...38#post7106938
    That's more than enough, thanks laddie.

  11. #411
    I don't think I would pay more than 1K tp for it, but that's just me.

  12. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenusG View Post
    One thing I've been pondering: Some people have their maximum number of characters on their server (13 free, 15 with Moria and 17 with Moria and a subscription). Any chance of raising the maximum number of character slots?
    Hi m8,
    what do you mean by 13 free? I'm VIP, playing over 7 years and all I have is 9 slots, thus missing exactly one to be able to create Beorning.

  13. #413
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellagund_The_One View Post
    Hi m8,
    what do you mean by 13 free? I'm VIP, playing over 7 years and all I have is 9 slots, thus missing exactly one to be able to create Beorning.
    GoldenusG might mean free as in how many character slots are available to buy for the free2play type of subscription

    There might be a Beorning + CHaracter Slot bundle. There was one on the test server and the Character Slot in that bundle was exclusive to that bundle so I suggest buying it, since otherwise you'd have to buy the bundle to get that slot even if you already bought the Beorning class separately Even if you don't play many characters, I'd still suggest buying the bundle since it's cheaper than buying the slot and the class separately, or at least it was on the test server
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

  14. #414
    I must admit I was a bit surprised when I found only 9 slots after update. As a lifer I was used to have all slots and classes for free. With SoA 7 slots and 7 classes, with MoM +2 slots and Warden and RK.
    I was kinda expecting to see the same today. So you want to tell me that not only I have to buy character slot but also the Beorning class itself?

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellagund_The_One View Post
    I must admit I was a bit surprised when I found only 9 slots after update. As a lifer I was used to have all slots and classes for free. With SoA 7 slots and 7 classes, with MoM +2 slots and Warden and RK.
    I was kinda expecting to see the same today. So you want to tell me that not only I have to buy character slot but also the Beorning class itself?
    Slots and classes dont come free for vips after the ones you get from the start. You got the warden and rk and +2 slots because you bought the MoM xpac, not because of VIP.

    Beorning and the slot are bought just like the warden for VIPs.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

  16. #416
    I had always 7 slots, now they say VIP have 5. But you are right about MoM. Those two slots came with the expansion, which I always buy, so I didn't feel it as buying slots.

  17. #417
    i've had 9 but u gotten a extra 2 character slot with that adventurer pack with SOM expansion when u pre-order back in the day i think

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen1981 View Post
    i've had 9 but u gotten a extra 2 character slot with that adventurer pack with SOM expansion when u pre-order back in the day i think
    I had 7 in SoA and 2 with MoM. Since MoM I have 9. Not sure about the adventurer pack because I preordered SOM too and still have only 9 slots.

 

 
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload