We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Will Freeps ever learn?

One thing that has annoyed me so much is the lack of freeps willing to group up. I know that this is due to many reasons including the ignorance of creep classes, may not understand their own class that well, have very little jewels/weapons/traits, no audacity, and most likely little to no audacity armor. Plenty of people (especially the high ranks) don't want to group with these people because they're more than a liability. I have to concede that point; they are super squishy and one Warg can take most of them out after the initial pounce and the subsequent damage after. But how are they going to learn if we don't show them? I've seen more and more new freeps brave enough to venture out into the Ettenmoors either grouped up in their own little, super-squishy groups or solo whereupon they get smushed like a mosquito trying to suck your blood. They leave the Ettenmoors after their six hour stay because they have a horrible first taste of the PvMP where no one tries to help them. Teaching them is often a long and sometimes fruitless process but we need new blood out in the Moors.

Also freeps won't ever group up even if they're capable of it and are facing a larger group of creeps. For example, I witnessed a r8 Warg, a r7/r8 WL, r4/5 spider, r5 defiler, and r6 reaver wipe a 3-man freep group and there were several freeps willing to help but got ignored or tried to help. I actually took out the r5 defiler and they still got wiped. It seems that when freeps don't need to group, there's a lot of freeps around. When freeps do need to group, the only group with a shot is a closed group with no chance of expanding. With the creeps often having more than 3 or 4 healers in a raid, it would be better for freeps to group up so they have a chance at some kills.

Bottom line is that I believe if freeps actually group against a creep raid, there will be more good fights and a better chance of getting kills/points.

I think it goes for both sides...plus freeps don't seem to have solid leader figures (don't think creeps do either since grombr left) so this is the result. It probably could have gone the other way if freeps weren't nerfed with u13.

As for me, I rather solo/ small group regardless of the side I'm on. In big group, my role gets overshadowed by others, and it bores me. Damn lags too.

Cheers

-Wardi

I'm always open for Group vs. group fights, just come creep side when i'm on and ask for it in the Channel 'IshlanGroup'.

I can use handicap such as removing traits or using one of my other creep classes, if that's needed.

(Notice: That requires both sides to have some people on that would fight in them.)
    Last edited by Blato; Jun 06 2014 at 03:07 AM.
    Pyrrhic | Paragon
    Ishlan R12 WL
    Nalshi R11 Rvr, Ishnal R9 Spider, Shilan R9 Defiler
    Blato (Mini), Ishlun (Capt), Shilan (Ward), (+4)

I'm so desperate for good, solid open-field fights that I'd be willing to put aside my reservations and actually lead a group. Though none of the fights would be good if I only get the greenies to join since all the higher ranks are too good to fight with them.

Quote Originally Posted by themannweb View Post
    I'm so desperate for good, solid open-field fights that I'd be willing to put aside my reservations and actually lead a group. Though none of the fights would be good if I only get the greenies to join since all the higher ranks are too good to fight with them.
    I'm willing to help you with that.I can bring my mini and do some heals Or i can log my spider and eat all the greenies
    R12 spider Gosmith,R12 guard Gosmithh