We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Post Walking to Esteldin

*Written by Cortobras*

Hesthorn led a small party in search of Esteldin, far to the north of Bree-town. He and Delthrer lurked in the shadows behind Harry Goatleaf at the West Gate while I, Cortobras, blundered around outside the gate hearing them chat and snicker. We expected Julian as well -- he may have started out after us, but if so he didn't catch up.

We compared supplies - I had fried dace with mushrooms and Thistlebelly Brew to wash down the hard biscuits - and we set out at a leisurely pace up the Greenway. We passed the hollow where Hesthorn and I had slaughtered a great many boar to fuel our tailoring frenzy, and then a ways past a large ruined fortress we stopped for a meal. Delthrer and I each had some dace, and he and Hesthorn shared biscuits. Before we could break out the beer we were attacked by the toughest wolf I've seen in my 68 years. I thought it had Hesthorn by the throat, but somehow the three of us managed to subdue it. We decided to press on instead of finishing the picnic.

A little later we passed (widely!) some villainous-looking creatures that seemed like goblins but were much bigger. Delthrer explained that they were Tarkrip Orcs. Clearly not something we needed to mess with. We carried on, and finally got to Trestlebridge where we found a fountain with rather oily, ashy water that we gulped gratefully. We intended to report the presence of orcs on the road to the mayor, if there was one. Much of Trestlebridge had been burned, leading Hesthorn and Delthrer to conjecture that Trestlebridge already knew about the orcs.

We were directed to Nelly Boskins, further along the Greenway, but we found her door guarded by an insolent soldier who styled himself "Captain Trotter." He and Delthrer took an instant dislike to each other, words were exchanged ("You should care about your roads and the safety of your people!" "We're doing fine by ourselves here and don't need any so-called help from you outsiders."), and we were sent on our way. Guardsman Otley was more forthcoming, and told us many other travelers had gone by toward Esteldin looking for guildmasters. This sounded less than encouraging to me, and I asked whether many of those travelers had also returned. He responded that we could proceed past the Bridge at our own risk.

We did, and it was indeed risky. Just as we walked out the other side of the covered bridge, several orcs came charging up toward the defenders and toward us, and one focused on Hesthorn. We decided that discretion was the better part of valour in this case, and discreetly ran as fast as we could north along the Greenway. The archer orc got in a couple of good shots at Hesthron, gave up, then took another one at me as I went running by as fast as my little legs would carry me. I didn't see what happened to Delthrer, but he caught up when the orcs gave up. We regrouped and decided to pick up our pace.

The Greenway runs into trouble some ways past Trestlebridge, and continues north into a desolate, scrubby, nearly lifeless hilly plain. Hesthorn didn't think twice about that, and turned east along the joining road past another ruined fortress. We were chased by a very nasty boar, then another, and finally several isolated large goblins and a wolf. Each time one would focus on Hesthron, then give up and switch to me, and (I assume) then to Delthrer. Very persistent! On the far side of a little bridge past the fortress we collapsed on the road to catch our breath.

We carried on to the east, and finally, after a thankfully uneventful run, we saw the arch of Esteldin before us. The sentry hidden behind the arch must have recognized that we were friends, since I at least didn't see him and he didn't shoot us in the backs as we went by.

I was knackered and found a tent to lie down in -- when I woke up I found that dermestids or some other nasty bugs had eaten the two very detailed pictures I'd drawn of our journey -- the best showed all three of us running at top speed toward a bridge with boars on our tails! Ah, well -- perhaps the others have pictures to share. I'll know better how to protect them next time!

*Written by Cortobras*

A very fun adventure with our lvl 8 characters we walked to Esteldin and we had a very good time! Hope to have more adventures like this soon!

Post - Baugarch -

From Hesthorn's journal:

I traveled with Talarka to the Ered Luin, along the way we talked a lot about our experiences, and I think that Talarka as Elf is rather unusual, it is very different from the Elves of Mirkwood, certanly more sociable.
    Anyway he gave me some good advice, as I was running out of money and had no place to live, Talarka introduced me into the timber trade; Ered Luin are in fact the home of two communities that consume a lot of timber: the Elves of Celondim send it to the Grey Havens where Cirdan the Carpenter uses it to build new vessels, the Dwarves of Thorin’s Halls instead use it for their industrial activities.
    Left Talarka to his own business I have spent a few days exploring the region, which seemed safe enough at that moment apart for some disorder caused by th Dourhand; as a man of Esgaroth the Dwarves have welcomed me kindly and I started to trade profitably with them, by the time I have conquered their trust and they even allowed me to own a home inside one of their halls under the mountains.
    I think I will live there one day or another…
    Unfortunately the duty called me soon, and I had to leave for Bree-land once again.

...continues at: http://goo.gl/mwQMMl

((This is a crosspost from the kinship website. I wanted to share with the Lotro community one of the features of slow RP playing that I quite enjoy; developing the back story of my character and his associates. Using my alts as NPCs to the Tortoise group allows me to flesh out the day to day activities that really can't be captured in the game mechanics. In this case, I needed to upgrade my homestead from a standard to a deluxe, and events in and around the group provided a great motive and rationale for the move. Believe it or not, the first triggering event was the Summersday Festival, and their offering of mysterious powder. ))

[We Choose Not To Call It An Eviction]

DISPATCH - Order of Rosicalli - Gladnagl Beastmistress of Lindon
    To: All Members of Order of Rosicalli (Gerbil, Hamskald, Mithlind), and their Associates (Talarka and Others)

Dear Order Members and Friends,

The address; 2 Haven Way, Gúndalaf, Falathlorn, no longer serves the Order of Rosicalli, nor the cedar lumber clan of Lindon. The Falathlorn Homesteads Housing Committee, in their esteemed wisdom, has decided that the residents of this homestead have outgrown the premises. There were only two choices; find a bigger house, or find another homestead. I chose for us the first option. So now all sleeping, socializing, studying, and alchemy work (on a VERY restricted basis) shall be conducted at our new address; 1 Twinfall Path, Gúndalaf, Falathlorn. This new building is just on the other side of the river from the old one.

For decades the old address served the clan interests well, as it was not often used. Keep in mind the citizens of Falathlorn Homestead are mostly elderly elves, awaiting their passage to the Undying Lands. They are world weary, and thus not often the most patient. They were not too troubled by the extra traffic, nor the use of the building by dwarves, hobbits, and men. The alchemy experiments were mostly discreet, up until recent events. Even the loud explosion was the "talk of the town", albeit not in the most favorable light.

What caused the Committee to move forward on complaints was the use of dwarven craftsman to conduct the repairs on the exploded back deck. Elves are fine with dwarves doing dwarvish work under the mountains, but they took offense at dwarves doing any kind of work on habitated elvish buildings. We know Hamskald had the best intentions of managing the work with Thorin Hall folk while Gerbil was off doing her research in Trestlebridge. But the fact remains we had outgrown the cottage anyway, and it was best for all that we moved.

In order to smooth ruffled feathers, I had Clan carpenters come in to do the finish out work on 1 Twinfall Path, telling them that this was a "rush job". They are used to working on "elvish time", which might have put our escrowed furniture in jeopardy had they taken the customary time. The furniture is moved in, but as a group we need to provision additional furnishings for the larger space. It's looking pretty bare at the moment.

There will be no hard feelings over this event. Please look at this event as an opportunity for the Order to grow our activities and serve more people. Gerbil, you have a side room as a laboratory, the upstairs is a sleeping quarters, the room before it a meeting room, and the main hall is for supping, pipe-weeding, and general relaxing.

Oh and by the way, if you haven't seen Mithlind in awhile, he's been helping the Rangers up in Evendim. Somehow that region gives him hope and new purpose, probably because it's a world away from Gondor.

Take care everybody, wishing the best,

Gladnagl.
    Landroval EN-RP -- Club Eclaire: Galdhron-Elf LM, Twostep-Human Burg, Medloth Bearlady-Beorning || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro

The Call to Adventure

This message was sent today to all members of slowtro:

Dear Adventurer, friend and ally

A storm is brewing in the North, East and South. You already know this from certain events - the burning of Archet, the resurrection of the evil dourhand Skorgrim, the disappearance of the ranger Amdir - but what you also know deep in your heart is that all of this is part of something far bigger. The black tower has been rebuilt, the Dark Lord is summoning his troops, and evil again flows from the vile land of Angmar.

The evil must be expelled from our lands. For that task our good friends A and G are summoning all brave men, dwarves, elves and hobbits to join forces against the tide of darkness. All free peoples must stand together or fall divided. That also means you.

Meet us in The Prancing Pony in Bree on September 3rd (4pm server time) to discuss all important matters and make our battle plans. Well met!

Hesthorn and Berawena
    The Company of the Tortoise

Slowtro is picking up speed! The lazy summer period is over and we are all approaching Bree with rapid steps. Now the real adventure begins. Things will be going much faster now and we will join forces in Bree-land to clear the evils in both field and barrow - brigands, wights, orcs - and really forge a tight company of adventurers who want to go with us.

The preliminary schedule for the next month:
    August 27 - today: Level Cap goes up to 10 and we finish all introductory quests and begin Bree-land and Book 1 of the Epic Quests.
    Sep 3: The Call to Arms is sounded and we all meet up in the Prancing Pony for the real start of Slowtro. Here we will tell a bit about ourselves, make our plans and go on an excursion.
    The first weeks of September: Level Cap is raised to 11. We do quests in Buckland, Old Forest and Southern Breefields.
    Middle of September: Level Cap raised to 12. Adso’s Camp.
    Late September: Level Cap raised to 15. This opens up the Barrow Downs, including the instances there. Also the Northern Bree-fields become available. Lots of deed and explorations to do as well.

Club Slowtro is a group of like-minded players who want to advance slowly through the world of Middle-Earth and meanwhile enjoy both challenging gameplay, grouping and role-playing. We use xp-disablers to stay 4-5 levels below the content, and we organize through a chat channel (/joinchannel slowtro) as well as our site slowtro.shivtr.com. The only requirements are to respect the level cap (currently 10) and engage in RP when our characters go on adventures. So come join us!
    Last edited by Clabauterman; Sep 02 2014 at 06:31 AM.
    "The turtle is my trinket". Founder of Club Slowtro.
    Tolkien fan and LOTRO completionist, taking my time to see all the places. Clabauterman on Steam.

And so it begins . . .
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group working our way through Volume II - we will be spending 2019 working our way through the Moria Instances (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

This sounds like such a great idea - count me in!

Lylan

Club Slowtro Grand Meeting - Sep 3

I'd just like to bump this thread to inform about the Official start of Club Slowtro, tomorrow Wednesday Sep 3 - 4pm server time, 9 pm uk time, 10 pm CEST. Even if you haven't been a part of Club Slowtro before you are very welcome to join!

Club Slowtro is a group of like-minded players who want to advance slowly through the world of Middle-Earth. We want to enjoy both challenging gameplay, grouping and role-playing. We use xp-disablers to stay 4-5 levels below the content, and we organize through a chat channel (/joinchannel slowtro) as well as our site slowtro.shivtr.com. The only requirements are to respect the level cap (currently 10) and engage (at least moderately) in RP when our characters go on adventures.

We've spent the summer doing our introductory areas, but now we are all meeting up in The Prancing Pony in Bree to officially form our "band of turtles". We will work together to counter the forces of darkness - assissting each others as we can, and plan to do both the Epic Questline together and all the instances and other kinds of group content. Yes, that means Garth Agarwen on-level... At the meeting tomorrow we will present our characters and then go on a (hopefully) challenging excursion - but what that will be remains to be revealed.

Our current level cap is 10 (this means we're doing the lvl 14-15 content in Breeland). If you want to be a part of slowtro but don't have a character at that level - you can come anyway. If you have a higher level character, then rest assured that we will get there eventually. If you have a lower level character, it will be easy for you to level up - after all, we move slow like turtles.

/Berawena
    Last edited by Clabauterman; Sep 02 2014 at 12:17 PM. Reason: included venue: Prancing Pony, updated time
    Tolkien fan and LOTRO completionist, taking my time to see all the places. Clabauterman on Steam.

Berawena's Speech

At the Grand meeting of Slowtro - Company of the Tortoise, held in Bree on September 3rd, Berawena gave this speech:

---

"Friends, allies, adventurers...

We do not all know each other. Some of you have been at my side through many battles. Some I have only met once or twice. Some I have only heard of.

You come from many different places. Men from Bree, Gondor and Dale. Dwarves from Ered Luin and the Iron Mountains. Elves from Lindon. Hobbits from the Shire.

We are strangers to each other. And yet, we are all here. Summoned by the same need to act. Summoned by the same wise people - the one they call “Strider” of the Rangers, and Gandalf the grey wanderer - to come to Bree’s defence in a time of need.

My name is Berawena. I come from the village of Archet. It was nearly destroyed a few weeks ago in an attack by Blackwold brigands. My brother was killed. My parents are now homeless.

And yet, I am here. I am not back in Archet helping to rebuild what was lost.

Because - what happened to Archet must never happen again to any town. Not if I can help it.

I have given my word - on my brother’s grave - never to give up until the evil that destroyed Archet is no more.

Never surrender. Never give up hope.

Breeland is surrounded. The Free Peoples are under siege. It is hard to see today in this busy town, in this merry tavern.

But you all know that it is true. That is why you are here.

The news are grim. Angmar has risen again. The Black Tower of Mordor has been rebuilt. The orcs are multiplying.

These are evil times. And yet, it is not up to us to decide what time to live in. All we can do is decide what to do with the time that is given us.

I have a dream. A dream of joining all the Free People’s together in one last stand against the Shadow. Alone we will fall into the abyss of despair. But together we stand a chance. There is always hope.

Friends, will you join me?"

---

11 turtles attended the meeting and took turns giving introductions for themselves. The introductions will be posted on slowtro.shivtr.com

Afterwards, the company went to the Barrows to fight the vicious Brishzel, perhaps related to the Baugarch. After several brave attempts, the group had to retreat.

But the fight continues. We have now reached level 11, and are clearing Breeland of brigands.

Club Slowtro has come out of its planning and starting era, and is now beginning to blossom fully as a club of friendly RPers who wish to take game content in a very casual and immersion-friendly manner.

Now is the time to join if you're interested! Having made two alts dedicated to the club (Delthrer and Merrielda) I have no regrets.

File this under the "Shameless Plug Department"

While Talarka of Lindon (Hunter, business-elf for the Ered Luin lumber industry) is busy rebuilding the forests of Arnor, he has designated his replacement for the Company of the Tortoises. Grannola Holgrane, a kitchen maid from the Comb & Wattle, has been tapped to fill his place, but as a Lore-Master. How does a potato peeling spinster become an adventurer? The only way to find out is to read her journal on the Tortoise site:

Grannola's Journal

[Intro]
    What goes through the mind of a 36 year old runaway.

[Taking The "Drudger" Out Of "Drudgery"]
    How to live off the land, and enjoy every bite.

[Squirreling Away Barley For The Winter]
    Just goes to show you with a good stick, no foe is too fearsome.

[Living Life Outside The Law (Out-Law)]
    Grannola turns to a life of crime, in her own mind.

[Spying; A Way Out Of Trouble]
    Some would just call it "being nosy".

I hope people see from this diary that your character doesn't have to be a sword wielding, banner carrying, dragon slaying, wench chasing hero to have a bit of fun in role play. Sometimes it's the most ordinary people that have the more interesting stories to tell.

(Her Prologue is in Talarka's Journals, where Talarka conspires with Mithlond to get her out of that chicken coop passing as an Inn.)
    Last edited by Gladnagl; Sep 25 2014 at 03:49 PM.
    Landroval EN-RP -- Club Eclaire: Galdhron-Elf LM, Twostep-Human Burg, Medloth Bearlady-Beorning || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro

Berawena's Seventh Letter Home

“Dear Sister,

I have not written you in a while. I am sorry for that. But it is hard to write when one is in the midst of combat - and in the midst of organizing a grand company of fighters! Yes, our little groups is becoming such a company - The Company of the Tortoise.

Much have been horrible, and much have been good. We have lost good friends and have met new allies. We have tried to help the rangers here, but every time we close one chapter, a new one opens. But you will be pleased to know that the Blackwolds have been almost totally destroyed - undone by their own evil alliances. However, that only led to new problems: The Blackwolds were only pawns. They were mislead to fight for the forces of Angmar, and when they realized that they were being lied to, Angmar destroyed them.

I cannot tell you how mad this made me. To think that even the destruction of Archet was just an insignificant detail in the grand scheme of Angmar. That even the Blackwolds, our destroyers, did not matter in the end to the likes of Skorgrim, an evil dwarven lord, and a creature that could have been The Witch King himself - but I must be mistaken.

I followed the tracks of Skorgrim and Ivar, and by the advice of one Tom Bombadil - a both mad and wise man who lives in the Old Forest and seems to know all the secrets of the world, and yet only reveals them in foolish rhymes - I was finally led to The Barrows. I wished I had never gone there, because it was a horrible place indeed, but it seems clear that through the forces of Angmar, evil has crept into the barrows and the old hills are crawling with undead life.

In The Great Barrow I finally stood head to toe with a creature named Sambrog, who nearly defeated me - until Tom Bombadil intervened and rescued me out into the sunlight. I owe him so much that I have gone to find lilies for his love yet again.

So much else to tell you. I wish that I could meet you face to face one last time, but I am afraid that our work is now calling us North. The Rangers are in need again...

---

Club Slowtro is a club, a gentlemen/women’s agreement, a chat channel and a kinship (Company of the Tortoise) on the Laurelin server for players who want to challenge themselves and play content 5 levels above their own, take it slow and RP along the way. We have spent much of October batting through The Barrow-Downs, and are now ready to go North towards Trestlebridge and meet our first orcs, before our adventures will take us to the Lone-Lands. Our current level cap is 17.

Do you have a character around that level and wish to join us on our travels? Just enter the chatchannel “slowtro” (write /joinchannel slowtro) - or register on our site slowtro.shivtr.com.

The Turtles - we may be slow, but our hides are thick and we’ll get there in the end!
    Last edited by Clabauterman; Oct 22 2014 at 06:11 AM.

Post Berawena’s Eight Letter Home - My First Orc!

"Dear Sister,

Our Company of the Tortoise barely survived the Barrows, and only with the help of the strange, singing Tom Bombadil. And yet, our adventures have been heard of in Bree. Strider believes we have been helpful in an affair that I dare not put into writing - and now the wizard Gandalf has contacted us, seeking our aid. I dare not think what comes next, because all the creatures of myth and bedtime stories seem to be coming to life before my very eyes.

First it was the Blackwolds and their terrible warg-wolves, the Baugarchs, then it was walking, hostile trees in the Old Forest, then wights and undead in the Barrow-Downs and now ... a wizard? Not even one, but two of them! Because Gandalf is sending us to find news of a friend of his, Radagast the Brown. You may have heard of these wizards, and I even recall far away in my mind stories of a “Grey Wanderer”, but it was something else entirely to see him in person.

Like Strider at first he seemed unfriendly, stern, angry even, and yet his eyes were keen, intelligent and in some sense welcoming. He seemed to look right through you, through your barriers and your self-loathing or self-pity or whatever else that can trouble you, and see you for what you really are - and then he wanted to help you make the most of that. Now I, I am just a peasant girl with some understanding of woodworking and woodsmanship - and lately I have taken to bashing heads with a shield and stabbing brigands with a spear and I am becoming quite good at it - but with Gandalf I felt like something else entirely, like somebody who could play a part in something truly important. Like the fate of our world...

Along my travels I have found out that I have wasted my time not learning more of the world, and I have taken to study our history, and take sketches of the things I find. But more on that later. I will now tell you what happened, when we went out searching for Radagast. I include some sketches for your enjoyment. I don’t believe they are worth much as art, but they may illustrate my story.

It was me, Grannola, Rychyrd, Lylan and Tinnuriel - an elf who has recently joined our company - and we met at dawn, west of Bree.

We traveled North a few miles until we came to the cabin of a man called Saeradan, one of the Rangers of the North.Saeradan wanted to help us, but only if we would help him first. See, a farmer - Robb Thornley - had gone missing, and if we could help find him, he would help us get to Radagast in the Lone-Lands (madness that I will be going there too!). So we went to find Thornley - and found ORCS instead! Orcs camped out on the road between Bree and Trestlebridge! With orcs this close to Bree we are truly in peril. We are no longer fighting brigands but the creatures of the Dark Lord himself ...

They were ugly and mean and there were a lot of them. But we bested them and freed Thornley.

Now we are ready to take on the Lone-Lands..."

---

Club Slowtro is ready for our first big fellowship test - the assault on Weather-Top. Since the point of slowtro is to challenge ourselves and do the content at 5 levels below, this level 23 fellowship instance will be a challenge at our level - 18. If you want to come and join us, we’re Retaking Weather-Top on Wednesday evening, 10 pm CEST (5 pm server time).

Do you have a character around level 18 and wish to join us on our travels? Just enter the chatchannel “slowtro” (write /joinchannel slowtro) - or register on our site slowtro.shivtr.com.

Your website seems to be down.. you haven't given up have you?
    Jenar 85 Burglar

Laurelin

Hey, no if you mean slowtro.shivtr.com it is still very active. Images from our assault on Weather-Top to follow. Lone-Lands coming up.

Berawena’s Ninth Letter - The Top of Weather Top

“Dear Sister,

I am finally doing what you always wanted to do: Travel.
    I am seeing Eriador. And I wished you could be here with me.

We have traveled to the Lone-Lands in a bid to find Radagast. Somehow he may lead us to the evil that is overcoming both the Lone-Lands and the Barrows near Bree. Angmar is advancing on all sides, but perhaps nowhere stronger than in the Lone-Londs - that are no more “lonely” but full of orcs and Goblins.

It is also full of a stark beauty, as we saw on the horse ride from Saeradan’s Cabin. It was me, Grannola, Lylan, Kirithab, and Yngvhar.

Saeradan lent us the horses to take us fast to the camp of Candaith, a ranger based near the old Dunedain fortress of Weather-Top, Amon Sûl.

Candaith wanted to help us, but he was knee-deep in Orcs, and he sent us out to find news of their plans. They were crawling all over the Weather Hills and then fought them right the way into the chasm of Bleakrift, where we defeated their warmaster Uzorr. But I fear that there are so many of them that even this victory will be enough.

When we returned, something had happened. There had been a strange storm on the top of Amon Sûl, and Candaith sent us to investigate. We found remains of a great fire or lightening strike, and a stone inscribed with the rune “G”. Was this Gandalf?

Maybe. Maybe not, we had not time to find out because meanwhile the orcs were moving fast, and they took the summit of Amon Sûl while we spoke. That was our time to move, while they were still advancing - so Candaith led us up, fighting both orcs and goblins along the way.

We had to fight them by every turn of the path uphill, but finally we made it to the top - a orcs talking of a leader named “Sharkey” .... and a giant troll.

The deafening roar from that troll falling ... I feared it would topple the whole mountain!

We Re-took Weather Top. But now we are stuck in the Lone-Lands ... with no horses to get back to Bree (Candaith needs his). What are we to do now?"

Club Slowtro will continue their way through the Lone-Lands in the next few weeks. Left alone in the lands with no horses, what are they to do? A dangerous walk towards The Forsaken Inn may be the only way.

Club Slowtro is a Gentleman's Agreement and a club/kin/chat channel for players who want to challenge themselves and play content 5 levels above their own, take it slow and RP along the way. We’re now at level 18, and just did the assault on Weather-Top! Next up, the Lone-Lands ... Everybody’s welcome! See http://bit.ly/slowtro
    Last edited by Clabauterman; Nov 05 2014 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Corrected an error.

The members of the Company of the Tortoise have reached the Forsaken Inn, hoping to find good beer and a bed and a roof above their head. But the beer is not the best, the bed is creaky and there's a big hole in the roof. And what's that noise from the cellar?

Well, it's good that there's goblins and wargs nearby to cleave. This place could use a bit of love from some strong adventurers...

Tonight, at 10 central european time, Club Slowtro will continue to explore the area around the Forsaken Inn. The area is crawling with evil and it seems that the Lone-Lands are becoming very populated with minions of the Dark Lord, ready for an attack on Bree. What is going on? Maybe Radagast will know - but it will take some time to find him.

Do you have a character capped at max level 18 and want to go exploring with us? Come join. We're a group of players who use xp-disablers to stay 5 levels below the content and RP our way to Mordor. Read more in the beginning of this thread.

((Yurdín Hammerbeard is part of the Club Eclair on Landroval, but since I'm from EU I struggle with time zones difference and I was looking for somwthing like them on Laurelin. So this club sounds equally awsome as Eclair club.

I would like to try this out to see it myself, but for lack of possiblity to copy characters from US servers, I'm gonna crreate new one, copying Yrudin to Laurelin effectively.

Few questions:

How often do you RP main club story?
    Are there other adventures going on in the meantime?
    Do you RP during the combat?

))
    Elkarien's lotro-wiki RP profile: [url]http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Elkarien/Elkarien[/url] | Yurdín Hammerbeard, dwarf guradian: [url]http://s24.postimg.org/c6z3yj1xh/yurdin_stance.jpg[/url]
    Many places I have been, Many sorrows I have seen, But I don't regret, Nor will I forget, All who took that road with me.

Hello Yrudin, and welcome to Laurelin!

You are right, Club Slowtro is indeed very inspired by Club Eclair. I would say though, at the moment, we are less RP-oriented than Eclair (from what I can gather by reading their thread) and have focused on leveling the characters to 20 so we could get to the good group content like Barrows, Nan Wathren and so on.

We see the level +5 challenge as equal to the RP in importance for the group - but we have run all content side by side up until now, having a lot of fun along the way. We're about 8-10 regular players, but people come and go. This thread haven't been regularly updated because of a lack of time due to family concerns.

For your questions:
    - We have a regular game night on Wednesday night at 10 pm CEST. We try to run group content there but do some RP as well - introducing ourselves, discussing where to go and so on.
    - There's always something going on - but it's very improvised. We have some fairly active forums at slowtro.shivtr.com that you should check out and ask for companionship or ideas for stuff to do. People are very helpful. Additionally, our "RP Officer" is coming back later this January and want to start independent RP sessions up again (we hope).
    - RP during combat? Well, sometimes. I'd say we rather do it before and after. When doing barrows instances we go almost completely OOC because we really need to coordinate our actions. We couldn't do Maze at 25 even as a full fellowship, so we scaled down to level 22 and will advance from there. So making the fellowship work by knowing our roles is part of our priorities.

I hope that helps with your questions. Feel free to join the "turtles", we can always use more!

I joined the channel this morning (EST) on my scout/adventurer/burg Emmarie, but I guess it was too early by European Slowtro'ers to be on. I'll be one when I finish watching anime.
    Last edited by KitsuneGirl; Jan 12 2015 at 11:07 PM.
    :: Rosewillow Noakes - Bilbo Baggins Fangirl - Landroval ::
    :: Rosequartz Tunnelly - Aspiring Talespinner - Landroval ::

Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneGirl View Post
    I joined the channel this morning (EST) on my scout/adventurer/burg Emmarie, but I guess it was too early by European Slowtro'ers to be on. I'll be one when I finish watching anime.
    Sounds good! I'm, usually not online before 9 or 10 pm CEST, but there'll be other turtles around. Looking forward to meeting you

Sambrog slain!

Club Slowtro - AKA The Company of the Tortoise - has now begun clearing the Barrows of wights and deadly things. We're going barrow to barrow, flushing them out. Here's how a group member - Rychyrd - told of how we took down Sambrog. A full fellowship of level 20'es taking on the Sambrog instance at level 25. It was quite a challenge, just the way it should be.

---

Finally... face to face with our Old Enemy... and this time, no Tom Bombadil rescue at the last minute. Its down to us now....

Looks like a 3-pinter to me. Send the hobbit in first.

He's monologuing... attack!!

Aim for the flat top!

Defeated Sambrog!

Safety Dance... its compulsory.

---
    Club Slowtro is a gentleman's agreement between Laurelin players to stay 5 levels below the content and RP/slash our way through Middle-Earth, from Breeland over the Misty Mountains to Gondor and Mordor. We're all using xp disablers and communicate through our chatchannel /slowtro. Current level cap is 20 and we're based in Trestlebridge getting ready to attack Nan Wathren. Do you want to join? Just enter our chatchannel /slowtro and say hi - or come visit our website at slowtro.shivtr.com

Onwards - North and West!

"Turtles! The fight for Trestlebridge was tough, but I think at least for now the danger facing Bree from the North has been diminished.

Now, it is time to return to the Lone-Lands and seek out Radagast, as he must know more about the enemy facing us. The Eglain must know about his whereabouts, and they owe us this much - from all the orcs we've slain for them. Ask first in the Forsaken Inn, and then follow the road East to Ost Guruth.

But wait! As we were planning this trip, Silathan, Berawena and Ermenrich went North from Trestlebridge to scout out the territory - and found both a ranger named Mincham and the forgotten Fields of Fornost, home and castle to the Dunedain kings of old. Here - like in the Barrow Downs - wights wander the fields. Oathbreakers they call them, since they are the ghosts of warriors who betrayed the old kings. We "redeemed" many of them, but there are many more to slay..."

So, we're heading for the Lone-Lands, but want to finish up the Fields of Fornost first, there's lots of lvl 25 quests to do here and we should wrap that up before we go south. It's a fun, eerie area with lots of opportunity for RP, history and atmosphere.

In the Lone-lands we should be heading for Ost Guruth but remember the fun dwarven instance Iorvinas along the way. In OG some quests are available at lvl 22, but we'll need to go to 23 pretty soon after that.

While waiting for our friends to arrive at Ost Guruth (the trip from Candaith's camp was taking a while), Ermenrich, Kirithab and I made a trip to the trolls of Harloeg. It went well, while Kiri was there. When he left, it didn't go well. Tells you why healers are needed.

What's that in the distance?

Careful, Kiri...

There he was!

The swamp is vast and filled with ... well, best not to look too much into that after sunset.

The moon over Nan Dhelu - the best thing about that place.

---
    Club Slowtro has now reached level 24 and is based around ost Guruth where we're helping Radagast find out what is plaguing the Red Swamp. Soon we will turn Northwards to help the Council of the North - and then we will come back to storm the ruins and tombs of Garth Agarwen. What we've all been waiting for.

Club Slowtro is a gentleman's agreement and a chat channel for players on the Laurelin server, who want to take things slowly, challenge themselves and take in everything Middle-Earth has to offer. Currently we're doing sessions on Wednesday nights (EST) and use our site slowtro.shivtr.com to organize. Everybody's welcome to join.

I have a recommendation.

The Garth Agarwen instances are Level 32. But, you can get into them at 27. Just have a Level 32+ character enter!, invite a Level 27 Slowtro character, and leave. And the Level 27 character can invite the rest of the club.

The instances can be done at Level 27. And it beats leaving and coming back later. This simply allows you to get completely done with the Lone Lands.

Eclair should have done it this way, but did not.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group working our way through Volume II - we will be spending 2019 working our way through the Moria Instances (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast