We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 59 of 59
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    As intended.

    Why? Because then the trolls, sock puppets, and other undesirables this system is meant to slow down (you can never truly defeat them) know it too and simply wait it out. We could, and did seriously consider, even more restrictive options. For example only letting new players see this forum and no others. Only allowing new players to post after 10 days, then an additional delay in posting beyond these forums. Etc.

    To be very honest, the inconvenience is very minor. For most returning members(on their older account), as has been posted many times, you can simply log out and log back in and you should kick over the permissions switch and be able to post anywhere. If that doesn't work then wait an hour and do it again. For truly new members, you'll find answers to most of what you're likely to ask right here in the new player questions forums Because hey, that's what they're for!

    As fort he aforementioned others, it has, based on my PMs and some calls, been wildly effective at frustrating their efforts. So it's unlikely to change.
    I am truly interested in what was said in those PMs and calls

    On a serious note, I would suggest adding a sticky thread saying that new players (and old inactive accounts) can only post in this section of the forum until some unspecified requirements are met, with a quick reason as to why this is.

    This would stop a lot of confusion and let new players know there is a good reason that they can not post elsewhere.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    29
    Well this answers a few questions. Unable to post in any other section, returning player who is interested in the Helm's Deep expansion. Tried logging out and in, tried deleting cookies.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsync View Post
    Well this answers a few questions. Unable to post in any other section, returning player who is interested in the Helm's Deep expansion. Tried logging out and in, tried deleting cookies.
    According to Sapience, wait an hour and try that again.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    As intended.

    Why? Because then the trolls, sock puppets, and other undesirables this system is meant to slow down (you can never truly defeat them) know it too and simply wait it out. We could, and did seriously consider, even more restrictive options. For example only letting new players see this forum and no others. Only allowing new players to post after 10 days, then an additional delay in posting beyond these forums. Etc.

    To be very honest, the inconvenience is very minor. For most returning members(on their older account), as has been posted many times, you can simply log out and log back in and you should kick over the permissions switch and be able to post anywhere. If that doesn't work then wait an hour and do it again. For truly new members, you'll find answers to most of what you're likely to ask right here in the new player questions forums Because hey, that's what they're for!

    As fort he aforementioned others, it has, based on my PMs and some calls, been wildly effective at frustrating their efforts. So it's unlikely to change.
    Everything makes sense. Just I am wondering how are "older members" defined - if you play LOTRO for half a year already, have VIP account but haven't really had need for forums until now so have only several posts, are you older member or not?

  5. #55
    Quick question about this as i'm on the same boat as everyone else right now. I just reported a message as spam bot as it's advertising an site and it's the first post on the forum members account. Does this "good behavior" count towards the timer? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

    Sincerely

    Jiousliyn

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiousliyn View Post
    Quick question about this as i'm on the same boat as everyone else right now. I just reported a message as spam bot as it's advertising an site and it's the first post on the forum members account. Does this "good behavior" count towards the timer? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    I doubt it, but thank you for doing it!
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    I doubt it, but thank you for doing it!
    You welcome, glad i could help.

    Sincerely,


    Jiousliyn

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiousliyn View Post
    You welcome, glad i could help.

    Sincerely,


    Jiousliyn
    That is the exact behaviour that the devs are trying to get rid of with this system.
    Those posts were all over the forums and in much larger quantities, and something needed to be done about them.
    It is good that you reported it.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    As intended.


    To be very honest, the inconvenience is very minor. For most returning members(on their older account), as has been posted many times, you can simply log out and log back in and you should kick over the permissions switch and be able to post anywhere. If that doesn't work then wait an hour and do it again. For truly new members, you'll find answers to most of what you're likely to ask right here in the new player questions forums Because hey, that's what they're for!
    I disagree that the inconvenience is very minor when this restriction isn't displayed anywhere. I had to google and look for about 15 minutes to find a thread about this restriction on another unofficial lotro forum that pointed me here.
    I can fully understand the reason to restrict new players to the new player forum, but please make this more visible.

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload