We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

All Time Best of the Best

I know these threads usually turn into popularity contests, but I thought it would be fun to see who people consider as the all time best at their class, from any era of the Moors.
    The people who have had the widest gap in skill level between #1 and #2.
    My list only contains people from mid-mirkwood and on, since that is when I arrived here.

Captain - Grimphore from level 85-95 caps, was far better at controlling fights and being able to solo and win, when no other captains would even try
    Burg - Gwen from lvl 65-75 caps, was the only burg who could straight up fight any creep instead of trick-kiting like all the other ones did
    Warden - Aidak lvl 75-85 caps, could last as long in fights as all the other wardens who only healed themselves, but he also killed most or all the creeps attacking him
    Champ - Shockandawe for the short time he was here, taught champs how to straight up fight creeps instead of AoE kiting, and was a beast to duo with
    Guard - Vinner for DPS/soloing was by far the best guard for just about all the time he played, Belegarod for any sort of grouping situation was always spot on with shield walls.
    LM - Katsimbalis (sp?) from lvl 75-85 caps, played the best technical LM that I have ever seen in the Gladden moors, and Celewyn from lvl 75 cap was the best at solo/small grouping
    Hunter - Viniree from lvl 75-85 caps, I may be biased here since I always grouped with him, but the DPS he put out with how well he was able to stay alive was head and shoulders above anyone else. His target calling was also phenomenal.
    RK - Duruleth from lvl 85 cap was extremely good at DPS, (even though he spent most of his time camping greenies at the slug pits) and Winkey from lvl 85 cap could solo heal better than any healer at the time, be it minnie or RK
    Healing Minnie - Erilen from lvl 85-95 caps could keep anyone alive unless there just way too many creeps to even stand a chance, but if it was even-ish numbers, her group almost always won. Honorable mention to Perch and Clown, who were extremely good back in the earlier days before minnies were changed to become god mode.
    DPS Minnie - Headhunter-1 back in lvl 65-75 caps could kill just about anything he wanted and would always charge in by himself and still managed to get the kill and fairly often come back alive.

WL - Chaoticevil from lvl 85 cap, duoing with him while on my reaver, we could easily take on most freep groups of under 6 people and win more than we lost. Honorable mention to Novafett, lvl 65 cap, who was alwats able to take on twice his numbers with his small groups and either win or get more kills than he gave.
    Warg - Wolfgash from lvl 65-75 caps, he was the only warg that I knew I was dead if he pounced me, and he was one of the only wargs who would actually pounce me, and not wait for me to ride past and look for an easier target.
    BA - Incendio lvl 85-95 caps, whatever people may say about Tarvin and his QQ, he is by far the best BA that I have ever seen on the server, and would always be willing to trade a death for even one kill, which he quite often did and took on the zerg to get one.
    Defiler - Grog from lvl 85 cap, when defilers were nothing but cannon fodder, Grog could still heal people quite respectably and better than a lot of WLs at the time
    Spider - Braelob from lvl 65 cap, the first time I encountered him when I transferred here he did things I had never seen spiders do and I haven't seen the likes of him since then either.
    Reaver - Slashed from lvl 75-85 caps, who could kill anyone about twice as fast as the next best reaver. Honorable mentions to alot of the reavers from lvl 65 cap... Cyclic, Nazgrel, Optimuss, Hydrain, Kissther, Eltorro, who were all very good players.

Hopefully we can get some other perspectives and some older players relive their memories too!
    Deltron and TheGodKing

You coming back?
    Warisi(Champ).......Rangers of the West
    Philladeas(WL), GrumpyCat(Warg)...Soldiers Of The White Hand
    DocPhil(Defiler), HardCharger(Reaver).....Shadow of the West
    1/2 of the WLBrigade

Freeps
    Burglar: Feinting
    Captain: Yamom
    Champion: Nudes and Nudess
    Guardian:Belagorond
    Hunter: Tydra
    Loremaster: Tanki and Atoo
    Minstrel - DPS: Shadowthol
    Minstrel - Healing: Shadowthol
    Runekeep - DPS: Gtoo
    Runekeeper - Healing: Gtoo
    Warden: N/A
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=lime][B][COLOR=black]|[/COLOR][/B]Gladden[COLOR=black][B]|[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by ThankYou4NotMoshing View Post
    I know these threads usually turn into popularity contests, but I thought it would be fun to see who people consider as the all time best at their class, from any era of the Moors.
    The people who have had the widest gap in skill level between #1 and #2.
    My list only contains people from mid-mirkwood and on, since that is when I arrived here.

Captain - Grimphore from level 85-95 caps, was far better at controlling fights and being able to solo and win, when no other captains would even try
    Burg - Gwen from lvl 65-75 caps, was the only burg who could straight up fight any creep instead of trick-kiting like all the other ones did
    Warden - Aidak lvl 75-85 caps, could last as long in fights as all the other wardens who only healed themselves, but he also killed most or all the creeps attacking him
    Champ - Shockandawe for the short time he was here, taught champs how to straight up fight creeps instead of AoE kiting, and was a beast to duo with
    Guard - Vinner for DPS/soloing was by far the best guard for just about all the time he played, Belegarod for any sort of grouping situation was always spot on with shield walls.
    LM - Katsimbalis (sp?) from lvl 75-85 caps, played the best technical LM that I have ever seen in the Gladden moors, and Celewyn from lvl 75 cap was the best at solo/small grouping
    Hunter - Viniree from lvl 75-85 caps, I may be biased here since I always grouped with him, but the DPS he put out with how well he was able to stay alive was head and shoulders above anyone else. His target calling was also phenomenal.
    RK - Duruleth from lvl 85 cap was extremely good at DPS, (even though he spent most of his time camping greenies at the slug pits) and Winkey from lvl 85 cap could solo heal better than any healer at the time, be it minnie or RK
    Healing Minnie - Erilen from lvl 85-95 caps could keep anyone alive unless there just way too many creeps to even stand a chance, but if it was even-ish numbers, her group almost always won. Honorable mention to Perch and Clown, who were extremely good back in the earlier days before minnies were changed to become god mode.
    DPS Minnie - Headhunter-1 back in lvl 65-75 caps could kill just about anything he wanted and would always charge in by himself and still managed to get the kill and fairly often come back alive.

WL - Chaoticevil from lvl 85 cap, duoing with him while on my reaver, we could easily take on most freep groups of under 6 people and win more than we lost. Honorable mention to Novafett, lvl 65 cap, who was alwats able to take on twice his numbers with his small groups and either win or get more kills than he gave.
    Warg - Wolfgash from lvl 65-75 caps, he was the only warg that I knew I was dead if he pounced me, and he was one of the only wargs who would actually pounce me, and not wait for me to ride past and look for an easier target.
    BA - Incendio lvl 85-95 caps, whatever people may say about Tarvin and his QQ, he is by far the best BA that I have ever seen on the server, and would always be willing to trade a death for even one kill, which he quite often did and took on the zerg to get one.
    Defiler - Grog from lvl 85 cap, when defilers were nothing but cannon fodder, Grog could still heal people quite respectably and better than a lot of WLs at the time
    Spider - Braelob from lvl 65 cap, the first time I encountered him when I transferred here he did things I had never seen spiders do and I haven't seen the likes of him since then either.
    Reaver - Slashed from lvl 75-85 caps, who could kill anyone about twice as fast as the next best reaver. Honorable mentions to alot of the reavers from lvl 65 cap... Cyclic, Nazgrel, Optimuss, Hydrain, Kissther, Eltorro, who were all very good players.

Hopefully we can get some other perspectives and some older players relive their memories too!
    Appreciate the mention Del, though I don't feel deserving, it is appreciated, but idk if we can ever truly proclaim the best of the best, a lot of definitions of what that means as well as a lot of categories. You were definitely one of the best captains to grace gladden in my mind and many others though, my friend, only getting better with time and practice since your arrival from Silverchode, and maintained that consistently. I like to think that some people were the best of the best at one time or another. Some were the best in one era, but when they left, another one stepped up, or even usurped them while they were there. For me personally, I always validated best of the best through solo combat, because that usually chained together towards their overall play and understanding of the class. These threads are nice though when people actually have valid reasons to back up why someone is the best rather than a popularity contest.

In summation, it be a lot easier to see who the best of the best all time was if they constantly played and kept up a high level of play throughout, always finding ways to win, which is what I always strive to do whenever I played .

Quote Originally Posted by chubbz280291 View Post
    Freeps
    Burglar: Feinting
    Captain: Yamom
    Champion: Nudes and Nudess
    Guardian:Belagorond
    Hunter: Tydra
    Loremaster: Tanki and Atoo
    Minstrel - DPS: Shadowthol
    Minstrel - Healing: Shadowthol
    Runekeep - DPS: Gtoo
    Runekeeper - Healing: Gtoo
    Is this the Aussie sub-category ?

Eskimono*

Or whatever his warden is.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

These threads would be great if people could pull from actual memory instead of just recent memory. A lot of superstar players get left off these lists. Not that they care since most are gone but they should certainly be given their due.

Captain- Aristedies Amalthea.....never seen cappies like these two
    LM- Celewyn(man this guy was a riot and good) The whale himself and VS
    Burg- Gwendalynn, despite despising them for their acts they were good burgs slotho-seredir
    Hunter-no such thing as a good hunter
    Guardian- I have trouble picking these because not many guards stay long enough to be graded.
    Minstrel- Sorry but you will never find another Aneela, Clown or Nirrti
    Warden-Deregorn was tough on his warden when he wasn't completely baked.
    Runkeeper-DPS: Kozzmo(you other rks only wish you could do this) Healing-Gilthonial(dudes just phenomenal)
    Champ-drawing a blank here..

Warg-Hagzu and Wolfgash mostly because of their play but they would stick it out
    Warleader_Nubbers because everyone else isn't nubbers
    Defiler-poppies and grog
    Reaver Nazgrel Eunuch and that one from sm that im drawing a blank, they would shred you
    weaver-the first one I find squished is the best one Entropy probably because that spider has been a thorn in my side for too many years
    BA-none stand out I guess to me because they always seem to be tied in with boxers or lumped in with them so no one stands out
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Haven't played for a while, so whoever has played since RoI and stopped post u13 is left off of these lists

Hunter; easily Tides, greatest hunter of all time, followed by Vic
    RK; Didgeridoo or Gtoo, both know how to heal and how to DPS. Back before I left though it was Insano
    Champ; One of the guys who transferred onto the server, and then left to one of the bigger ones soon after, I forgot his name as it was 4+ years ago and he was only here for a little bit. I think it started with an A, and Mariuss gets the next best
    Guard; I could never beat Greens on my reaver, honorable mention to Nembet right now though who is a very effective/well geared guardian, and Ikarr was very good in groups as well
    Mins; Shadowthol as a 1v1er forsure, I like the new guy Rockme as a healer though, and Daisy was a good healer before she stopped playing.
    Captain; Gariador, with honorable mentions to Aris and Delt, but Gari was the best support captain out there before he left
    LM; Sowen, but Vindictivesoul is right up there as the best
    Burg; Slotho, but I liked grouping with Java much more
    Warden; Deregorn was very good.

Warleader; Genbu, and also Angoth
    Reaver; Nazgrel is #1 in my book, but Cyclic (during MoM) and Node (SoA) also were good
    Warg; Killerr and Wolfgash
    Defiler; Poopers
    BA; Didnthurt was the king
    [CENTER][COLOR=#000080][I][B]Lieutenant Hydrain[/B][/I][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#800000][I]Task Master Hydran[/I] [/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Captain - Close call between Grimphore and Aristeides, Grimphore was a better solo'er but Aris a better raider, imo

Burg - Gwen/Sippy always gave me the toughest fights. Both of those actually knew how to play burg to the max potential, unlike 90% of the burgs out there.

LM - Lolno

Hunter - There's a few good ones, but Sklavorn stuck out to me as a consistently good hunter.

Guardian - Goes to Nembet, but I didn't really 1v1 back in the day when Vinner was around on his guard, so idk about the comparison there. I have a feeling they'd be pretty damn equal skill level though.

Minstrel - I know I'll get some grimaces out of this, but Mrmole. He screwed around so much, yet when he actually played seriously he could heal better than any minstrel I've played with since. He had rotations down pat, could work in CC while still healing, etc. etc. And I mean, there's still some great minstrels out there, so it's not for lack of competition.

Warden - Lolno

Runkeeper - Gilthonial for healing. Because Gilthonial. Eskemo or Sparkman for dps, I still remember (I think it was lvl 75) Sparkman running around in purple quest gear taking on r10s and winning.

Champ - Mazzor or Lenovos. I didn't come across Mazzor as often as Lenovos but both gave me a fight for my life.

Warg - Hagzu, by far. Hagzu never ran, even if death was certain, because he was there for the kills, and damn would he get them.

Defiler - Lolno

Warleader - Chaoticevil or Chaosist. Honestly, I really don't know. Both of these guys could keep my reaver up through ungodly amounts of damage.

Reaver - Slashed, because whenever I ran into Slashed, no matter what class I was on, I knew I had a tough fight ahead of me and probably would die. Del (Iraqandroll) was really good too however.

Weaver - Lolno

BA - Lolno
    Last edited by Bond007; May 30 2014 at 10:11 AM.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    Minstrel - I know I'll get some grimaces out of this, but Mrmole. He screwed around so much, yet when he actually played seriously he could heal better than any minstrel I've played with since. He had rotations down pat, could work in CC while still healing, etc. etc. And I mean, there's still some great minstrels out there, so it's not for lack of competition.
    Cool story bro, but we all know Shadowthol is the bestest.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=lime][B][COLOR=black]|[/COLOR][/B]Gladden[COLOR=black][B]|[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

I still think Hedvik was the best hunter ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    I still think Hedvik was the best hunter ever.
    Nope, Shadowthol was better.

Freeps :lvl 95 cap
    LM - Coldfell, Dunkelwald and +
    RK - Deathawaitsu, Eskimo(forgot his new name) and +
    MINI - all^
    Hunter - Mucica, my lvl 42 scalled hunta, Mellar and +
    Champion - Glorfendas, Mazzor +
    Warden - haven`t seen any more wardens besides Druk,Nallost and Beren so those 3 and +
    Cappy - haven`t seen a cappy out since u13 besides Rex so him and +
    Guardian - NEMBET^^ and +
    Burglar - a burg(forgot the name) that has at surname Gotballs, respect for him/her and +

Creeps :lvl 95 cap
    Reaver - Knockoutdrizzel, Bunnyetc(dam new name he choose), Lewzah, and +
    Warg - Goobeer and +
    Defiler - Livormortis, Grog, l--o--u--p and +
    Warleader - Uruk and +
    Spider - spiderbite, Venoshock and +
    BA-Incendio, BAunderbridge and +
    Goblins - huhuhu
    Trolls - +++
    Names i put there are mostly the ones i fought and died alot, there are still a lot of good playes that i haven`t named, but ^^
    Buya of Gladden.

Nope, Shadowthol was better.
    lol what? never. keep trolling, suits you.

lol what? never. keep trolling, suits you.

Naz
    Cyclic
    Aeons
    Genbu
    Hec
    Asshat
    Grog
    Cojiro
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000ae792/signature.png]Eunuch[/charsig]
    My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. My power is discombobulatingly devastating.

Kalib
    Ottyfast
    Valistar
    Didnthurt
    Genbo
    Aeons
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

My list:

Nubbers

PS> Thanks for the mentions. Minstrels use to be so much fun because it was harder. Now it's just stupid. I miss the lvl 50-60 days.
    [color=maroon][size=1][center]Clown • Reject • Gigabytes[/center][/size][/color]

Burg - Seretoga, Gwen
    RK - Duruleth, Gil, Eskemo, Death and Spark
    Mini - Clown, Shovo, Erilen
    Hunter - Althorr, Vic, Sklavorn, Ewok
    Champ - Mazz
    Warden - Chicknorris, Druk, Aidak
    Cappy - Aristeides, Grimphore, Roman
    LM - Valistar
    Guardian - Eothaine, Erelbtank

Warg - Hagzu, Lugsteal
    Reaver - Slashed, Iraqandroll, Eunuch
    Wl - Chaosist, Chaoticevil
    Weaver - Celebdan
    Defiler - Grog and Poppies
    BA - Westmiss, Deathfromskies
    Trait trees have ruined the game

Freep

Hunter: Viniree, Tides
    Champion: Sayc, shocknawe
    Rk: Headaran
    Minstrel: Perch, Shadowthol for 1v1s
    Lm: Celewyn or Neb as much as he was hated was good , Sowen
    Warden: Aidak or chiknorris
    Guardian: Taso was best 1v1er I saw on guard
    Captian: Deltron Gariador, Croner
    Burglar: Harrmlas for 1v1s , Dolcrist

Creep

Warleader: Hertz or Nova
    Defiler: Munce, Grog
    Blackarrow: CaptainCanada or Crusada's BA
    Spider: Cojiro or Nova's spider
    Warg: Lugzagash, Green's warg
    Reaver: Nodeninja or Optimuss Honorable mention to Buttcheeks cuz of the name mostly

Gwendalynn
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000139867/signature.png]Noobwhat[/charsig]

Burglar: Ootyfast, Chillyfabbit
    Captain: Rexcelcius
    Champion: Duimegrant, Unca
    Guardian: Nembet, Eothaine, Erelb
    Hunter: Lindhros, Escalion
    Lore-Master: Daphne, Dunkelwald
    Minstrel: Gillyfleur
    Rune-Keeper: None
    Warden: Drukarth

Blackarrow: Bumbum
    Defiler: Coolyou
    Reaver: Oystermouth
    Stalker: Stingingtooth
    Warleader: Taldag
    Weaver: Dalady
    [img]https://puu.sh/eEtPr/e6936d48fb.jpg[/img]
    [color=darkred]High Chieftan Urukhaithere + Chieftan Vargburz + Commander Annorian + Liutenant Professorbananas[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by reverendmaggot View Post
    Warleader: Taldag
    Agreed. +invisible rep.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Heh it is amusing to see the age of some posts and then the people who post names I have never heard of. Thanks for the mentions amazing how much the game has changed over the years.
    Commander Novafett
    Taskmaster Aterju
    Lt. Kozzmo

Quote Originally Posted by Ustoc View Post
    Heh it is amusing to see the age of some posts and then the people who post names I have never heard of. Thanks for the mentions amazing how much the game has changed over the years.

My thoughts exactly, Ustoc. Pretty hard to label anybody best of the best all time with all these new people not knowing some greats. Only really can label some people by era heh, and even then, its all opinions for various different reasons, or no reasons at all . 7 years worth of pvpers, dam it's been a long time (still only 1 map too :P).
    Last edited by joshy8910; Jun 02 2014 at 09:14 PM.

Just because they were the best in SoA doesnt mean they would be the best to this day if they stayed. So its nice and kinda obvious that they'll get switched out with more active players.

Just because they were the best in SoA doesnt mean they would be the best to this day if they stayed. So its nice and kinda obvious that they'll get switched out with more active players.
    Good thing Shadowthol has played through every expansion since 2007, therefore making him the best.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast