We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Defilers

Defilers

Are like minstrels on bath salts.

Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL

Grawrawr defilers not op minstrels and rks are op freeps have been op for too long we deserve opness we need better heals too many freeps too many at GV we need heals we need rezzes we need HOTs RKs too op RKs solo heal 12 creeps at one time I have video I know truth look at u12 defilers so weak defilers not weak now freeps complain defilers need buffs defilers not too strong you not understand pls understand defilers need buffz i died yesterday i don't do enough damage minstrels in blue line can kill people so can rks yep they can they killed my defiler in u12 no its true my defilers not strong enough pls no rawr yes no understand freeps too qq complaining whining qq stop freeps op we balanced defilers not minstrels defilers not strong you bad we okay.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
    Grawrawr defilers not op minstrels and rks are op freeps have been op for too long we deserve opness we need better heals too many freeps too many at GV we need heals we need rezzes we need HOTs RKs too op RKs solo heal 12 creeps at one time I have video I know truth look at u12 defilers so weak defilers not weak now freeps complain defilers need buffs defilers not too strong you not understand pls understand defilers need buffz i died yesterday i don't do enough damage minstrels in blue line can kill people so can rks yep they can they killed my defiler in u12 no its true my defilers not strong enough pls no rawr yes no understand freeps too qq complaining whining qq stop freeps op we balanced defilers not minstrels defilers not strong you bad we okay.
    +1 rep
    Trait trees have ruined the game

My head hurts.
    |Gladden|

Hey shut up!

Raid versus raid? Nope.
    Small group? Probably.

Unlike with the freeps you can basically point out what kind of healing the WL or the Defiler will pop out.

Only nerf poppies.

[img]https://puu.sh/eEtPr/e6936d48fb.jpg[/img]
    [color=darkred]High Chieftan Urukhaithere + Chieftan Vargburz + Commander Annorian + Liutenant Professorbananas[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Shau'nac View Post
    Hey shut up!

Raid versus raid? Nope.
    Small group? Probably.
    Even in 12 vs 12 they're still fairly op.

I disagree. I'm sure everyone will scream ermagerd creep goggles/bias/whatever, I don't care. I've been in many a group where I've been blown up or someone else has been blown up despite the OHMYGODOP defilers in the group. Just me, or Grog and me, or Lob and Grog and me. Add in one or two or GODFORBID three warleaders and you would think we would be untouchable! This is not the case every time, though I will admit more often than not with that group set up we're usually pretty alright. We either have zero casualties or minimal and it becomes a heal-off.

The other afternoon-early evening for example. Del had a group, unsure of how many were actually in and how many were following, there were 14 in total. Initially we had three defilers (who do you think) and one warleader. We were all blown up in turn, and wiped two or three times before Grog got his WL. With two WLs and two defilers we lasted longer, though still got blown up our fair share. We did wipe them and push them back to Lug two or three times. I think we wiped wholly (meaning everyone fell to shadow) once when we had two WLs and two defilers? When we didn't wipe we still lost each healer at least once, the WLs I think three times each? Holy poopsicles!

When I got on that day the freeples were camping however many at Grams, I dunno I only just got in and saw like six there, if you count the trash BA boxer then ten. When my tribe grouped up and pushed down half the freeps ran and left the other to perish. In my OPINION the group I saw, the names I saw, coulda put up a fight. But that is the way of things, on both sides.

Oh when we stand off to the side all targeting one of the boxing derps, please do away with them. I'll shout at our group to even give you a moment to recover whatever, though I have zero control over other peoples. Just know I tried, rofl.

I disagree. I'm sure everyone will scream ermagerd creep goggles/bias/whatever, I don't care. I've been in many a group where I've been blown up or someone else has been blown up despite the OHMYGODOP defilers in the group. Just me, or Grog and me, or Lob and Grog and me. Add in one or two or GODFORBID three warleaders and you would think we would be untouchable! This is not the case every time, though I will admit more often than not with that group set up we're usually pretty alright. We either have zero casualties or minimal and it becomes a heal-off.

The other afternoon-early evening for example. Del had a group, unsure of how many were actually in and how many were following, there were 14 in total. Initially we had three defilers (who do you think) and one warleader. We were all blown up in turn, and wiped two or three times before Grog got his WL. With two WLs and two defilers we lasted longer, though still got blown up our fair share. We did wipe them and push them back to Lug two or three times. I think we wiped wholly (meaning everyone fell to shadow) once when we had two WLs and two defilers? When we didn't wipe we still lost each healer at least once, the WLs I think three times each? Holy poopsicles!

When I got on that day the freeples were camping however many at Grams, I dunno I only just got in and saw like six there, if you count the trash BA boxer then ten. When my tribe grouped up and pushed down half the freeps ran and left the other to perish. In my OPINION the group I saw, the names I saw, coulda put up a fight. But that is the way of things, on both sides.

Oh when we stand off to the side all targeting one of the boxing derps, please do away with them. I'll shout at our group to even give you a moment to recover whatever, though I have zero control over other peoples. Just know I tried, rofl.
    That the day gil and i were mezzing and stunning you guys non stop at the cost of our lives?

I know you guys were there, unsure if it was the time you had the burg pack out or not. I recall seeing/hearing of you two being around without Hogrid and Sippy, but could just be that they weren't spotted/tracked.

I honestly do think a lot of the rage from this update is simply from people that are used to soloing X number of creeps being unable to do so now. By no means is it all, but I believe with all my slime-covered heart that that's a big part of it. When either side actually gets their group to focus fire and do what they're supposed to (heal, debuff, target the flippin' target), stuff dies! It's freakish and weird, but it happens. I done seen it, at least seventeen times. I get that not everyone likes to group, some even hate it, but oh wells. Work it out or peace out.

And I have played freep this update. For the first, what, two weeks(?) I was only on my minstrel. Hell I was one of I think four that bothered. Wilora, Morwine, Rosneer, and me I believe. Rarely were all four on at one time or in the same group (/rage). I've been roflpwned and steamrolled on freep and I've been roflpwned and steamrolled on creep. I've been in groups that roflpwned and steamrolled on creep and I've been in groups that roflpwned and steamrolled on freep.

I know you guys were there, unsure if it was the time you had the burg pack out or not. I recall seeing/hearing of you two being around without Hogrid and Sippy, but could just be that they weren't spotted/tracked.

I honestly do think a lot of the rage from this update is simply from people that are used to soloing X number of creeps being unable to do so now. By no means is it all, but I believe with all my slime-covered heart that that's a big part of it. When either side actually gets their group to focus fire and do what they're supposed to (heal, debuff, target the flippin' target), stuff dies! It's freakish and weird, but it happens. I done seen it, at least seventeen times. I get that not everyone likes to group, some even hate it, but oh wells. Work it out or peace out.

And I have played freep this update. For the first, what, two weeks(?) I was only on my minstrel. Hell I was one of I think four that bothered. Wilora, Morwine, Rosneer, and me I believe. Rarely were all four on at one time or in the same group (/rage). I've been roflpwned and steamrolled on freep and I've been roflpwned and steamrolled on creep. I've been in groups that roflpwned and steamrolled on creep and I've been in groups that roflpwned and steamrolled on freep.
    Ya, i think at that point they left to eat or something. We thought it would be fun to stay and do that anyway by lug.

And i played my ba more, but now I'm back on burg. Seems like a fair fight if people coordinate and do what they do.

I g g y, whodat whodat i g g y

What is this iggy mess! I've seen you or someone else mentioning it a few times now. xD

My defiler is my favorite, has been since I rolled the dumb thing in '09. I'm not gonna just stop playing it because some people hate 'em. I will, however, go away or just stop contributing if I think things look rough for the opposing side and I think they're gonna peace out if they wipe. I'm a picky, elitist heifer though, so hey.

Shes my future bae, duh!

And ya, its not like you just made it. Keep playing and make them quit, use that defiler twerk at gv

That just don't get me going, yo! I'll go up there with people and /sit. Depending on who all is up there I'll join in, I ain't frontin'. But I'd much rather have a huge group of freeps stampede down the hill and trample my little group into the dust. Or appear behind us and stamp us into nothing before heading out and reclaiming whatever is no longer blue But that's just me and I'm a weirdo.

I'm going to second this. I've been venturing out because there was nothing PVE to do, and I used to like Moors in RoR. It's very different now, but it's not that unbalanced. If freeps can't follow direction and focus fire we deserve to get rolled (and we have). Same for creeps. If we focus fire and use our classes well and people stay grouped up and follow directions it's a pretty fair fight. Except when I die..... then baby Jesus cries.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

I disagree with your disagreement. I think creeps have somewhat on an edge as far as burst dps goes, which is needed to burn through the opposing sides heals. Freeps have nothing that can compare to coordinated impales on a target. I am not one of the players who is just butthurt they can't roflpwn on freep any more, I was on creepside with maybe 3 exceptions all of U12. I'm not saying it's not impossible for freep side to do well, I'm just saying creeps definitely have the edge/upperhand at the moment. I think you can agree that there has been definitely more instances in which a freep raid wiped without a single kill (or one) as opposed to the creeps wiping without a single kill. I think it is a combination of reavers (I think most powerful single target dps class ingame atm) combined with potent defiler heals and bubbles, and warleader bubbles. In a 12 vs 12, if you have two warleaders, yourself, Grog, and Lob out, it is very real possibility that the 12 freeps will wipe without getting a kill. The only way we get kills in such situations is if freeps have a lm for tar to kite melee ball through, and all the healing debuffs land. Unfortunately, not only can our healing debuffs be b/p/e'd, they also go up against a resist roll after the b/p/e chances which is pretty dumb I think. Anyways, this post was mostly made for comical effect as I had a random thought last night that I thought was funny, and then applied it to defilers and posted it here. I do agree freeps have chances, but overall, especially in situations where both sides have even numbers, I believe creeps have a significant advantage. It is also fairly dumb that impale and toxic carapace can completely disregards captain bubbles (not sure if these goes through shieldwall) while no freep skills land damage through warleader/defiler bubbles. I won't even begin on spiders, except point out the ridiculousness of a 100% reflect damage skill with a 15s duration and a 30s cooldown. Even multiple freeps on one spider are unlikely to burn him down in that 15s window.

This post still summarizes all of what's gonna happen in this thread's future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    It is also fairly dumb that impale and toxic carapace can completely disregards captain bubbles (not sure if these goes through shieldwall) while no freep skills land damage through warleader/defiler bubbles.
    But dood, there IS one skill. Hunter "Set Trap" initial damage (the ~1000 damage you get for stepping the trap itself before the root applies), goes through bubbles and such. It's pure damage still.

So....

WE HAVE BALANCE.

Also, nerf hunters.
    RIP Milkmefondly 2014