We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Good Ole Days

Man, I miss em. I use to pvp for hours and hours. It took me a long, long time to earn R11. Now it seems everyone can rank in no time. I remember when Alvain was the highest ranking toon in the etts, which he was for some time. Falcon, he could pss me off in no time, but he knew/knows his stuff-if he invited you to his group you knew you arrived. One of the last best players left in the etts. Tharros, I joined his group just to listen to his voice, many of us real girls swooned at the sound of that sexy voice. First time in the etts, I had no idea what I was doing. Just running around saw a group coming by figured I would just let them pass...ut oh...why am I dead? I just stood there it must have hysterical for the creeps...talk about being a greenie can't get much greener than that. It was fun times, and for you new ones it probably is for you now, but not for me. Must respect to the Vets who are still playing...have fun you newbs, but you will never know how much fun PVP really was at one time in Lotro.

Ilea

Hope you continue to play out here, I've also played for all the years lotro has been around, and aside from some fights (65 Cap solo) I have never enjoyed the Moors like i have now. The are plenty of talented players around, but unfortunately, i don't see sexy voice tharros around all the time, or "delusional" gyrfalcon (sorry gyr couldn't resist, apologies in advance) . You joined one of my groups a couple days ago, and left very quickly (as you were , ganked.. :P) Give it a few more shots, I think you will find it interesting, unless you try and solo a lot atm, then the only thing you will find is the rez..

Send me some mail, or a tell if I am on, I will give you an invite and we can't see if we can get some enjoyment for you in the moors.

Cintona (creep)/ Deok (freep)

Edit: I see gyr around all the time, just couldn't help but call him delusional.

Freeps- Deok lvl 95 Hunter
    Creeps - Cintona Rank 11 Darkblits Rank 7

I've had good memories from several years ago up through current times. There was definitely more action in the old days, less running around trying to find fights, but I think that was just because we had more bodies. I remember days of 50+ on each side. Lately if I hear there are merely 10 freeps out I get giddy, thinking we might actually have some action.

Tharros... mmmmmm. I do miss his sexy voice and would join just to hear him talk. I remember being huddled with him against the door in TR, saying to him in voice chat, "Tharros, talk dirty to me." And I miss running around in a duo with Battor. Miss him period, but especially the duos. Other people *always* had to join.... /sigh.

Watching Elruin doing an amazing job protecting the healers, being in the delving helping Bing kill worms while I was creeping, Tib getting people pissed off enough that they charged at him and sometimes wiped only to see him get away, Quickfeet mezzing me for several minutes because I didn't have mez pots on me (pissed me off but it was still hilarious), Durtz's aggressive pushes, the 24-minstrel raid trying to get into Grams, all good times.

There are still a lot of good memories in recent years. They're just different.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

I know what ya mean about how long it took to rank. Seems like now you see a greenie one day and the next day he's rank 10. In my day we had to walk up hill both ways for infamy! LOL I have also been here since day one and I also miss the old days of raiding. It used to be about tactics and position now it just seems like we line up and kill each other and then we all go to GV. Glad to see someof the old faces ( I saw Tharros the other night too and got excited in anticipation of some good fights. I hope the good old days aren't over and I look forward to many more fun nights in the moors. I would love to log in one day and see Bicep and Epcot facing Rahb and Aelvain across WTA bridge again though, that wold definitely be a fun day.

Qwitzachhadderach/Iscariot

P.S. I also miss the days when I could work my forum signatures.lol
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100000c62b7/signature.png]Iscariot[/charsig]

DON'T FLIP THE BRIDGE!!!!

Can we all just agree that from now on fights are on STA lawn? Great. thanks for the cooperation.
    Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (resting) BA
    Clarysta
    - Lvl 105 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4
    Twitter - @clarystainsun

Have been playing the moors since the beginning and while the days past were good and fun, it is up to us to continue that. There are plenty of good solid freeps and creeps and new ones coming and I still find the moors fun.
    [URL=http://s988.photobucket.com/user/dyancleme/media/UseThisSignature_zpsb13769ec.jpg.html][IMG]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af10/dyancleme/UseThisSignature_zpsb13769ec.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

If ilea is the lore master from long ago. She was the 1st lore master to ever make purple numbers for my BA.
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

Agreed Clarrow. I miss old EC - TA lawn fights. Sure we all cried for change when we had it... but now that it's gone.. I realize how fun that was. I remember charging 15 plus freeps with Dethsgrin on our rank 9 WL's at the time. About equal amount of pug creeps behind us. Nobody else charged. Took the freeps running all the way to EC to realize the other creeps didn't follow. We died... and the amount of profanity from us both in OOC, vent, and in tribe chat was to die for. Was fun fighting on STAB as well. To jump... or not to jump.... hmm... jump it is! Wait... why is there 12 freeps waiting for me in the water here? Fun times.
    [img]http://file3.guildlaunch.net/314797/BloodloafNewSig.png[/img]

Some Uruks rank so slow it would impress the Ents themselves.

They were the areas everybody knew players would be fighting, you would always move out and rarely expect to be stopped outside of GV/Grams whilst knowing fights were at EC-STAB TA or WTA-WTAB-OC

With the re-positioning of the camps we had no rest points before TA and we players all felt different areas should host the action 24/7 and as a result there is no definitive area you know there will be constant fighting, meaning we must now maneuver the map 30 minutes a day before finding fights which explains why all the lower population PvP servers are dieing off as it takes longer to find the competition daily.

The only area we have in common would be GTA for spars, yet a minority are ruining spars across several servers because of the lack of players who are sparsely around the map. The new wave of players don't have many experienced players to learn from anymore, the few of us that remain need to continue the tradition before action dies completely.
    #1 Power Stacker Of Arkenstone!
    We are the Gods NOW!
    Legona.

I definitely mss old ec/oc and bridge fights...i hve a surviving screeni of my first summer in moors getting a horde of creeps,and Uzkluz yeah over the very very noob clueless mini..really my skill layout made no sense then...ilearn my class and many game aspect because of moors..since then i have not seen same action in new layouts , felt good to eithet push back from yhe camps to TA ..or flee from ta to the camps, or ride back to camp to continue the fights ...i miss when i could actually spar spiders and reavers in red ws and could last over a minute..miss sparring burzumaz, even if just once i came close to be successful lol..-must be misspelling all names, sorry-
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan607 View Post
    They were the areas everybody knew players would be fighting, you would always move out and rarely expect to be stopped outside of GV/Grams whilst knowing fights were at EC-STAB TA or WTA-WTAB-OC

With the re-positioning of the camps we had no rest points before TA and we players all felt different areas should host the action 24/7 and as a result there is no definitive area you know there will be constant fighting, meaning we must now maneuver the map 30 minutes a day before finding fights which explains why all the lower population PvP servers are dieing off as it takes longer to find the competition daily.

The only area we have in common would be GTA for spars, yet a minority are ruining spars across several servers because of the lack of players who are sparsely around the map. The new wave of players don't have many experienced players to learn from anymore, the few of us that remain need to continue the tradition before action dies completely.
    I don't understand GTA as a spar location. It's right in the path of a lot of things and seems like it would be more likely to get interrupted. Why not GGrim instead? Just as accessible for creeps, shorter ride for freeps? I wish turbine would make a spar arena somewhere but oh wells.
    Clarysta
    Twitter - @clarystainsun

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerinthemist View Post
    I don't understand GTA as a spar location. It's right in the path of a lot of things and seems like it would be more likely to get interrupted. Why not GGrim instead? Just as accessible for creeps, shorter ride for freeps? I wish turbine would make a spar arena somewhere but oh wells.
    We have been sparring a bit at GGrim lately.
    Rawr!
    Founder of Fluffy Bunny Order &' Co'Sang. Member of Public Enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerinthemist View Post
    Personally I agree and GGrim has become the new safe-to-spar area for most main stream servers, unfortunately conveying this message is proving difficult and the only times I find spars at GGrim on Arkenstone are when friends playing both creeps and freeps forcefully arrange them, due to a lack of players throughout the day.
    #1 Power Stacker Of Arkenstone!
    We are the Gods NOW!
    Legona.

I miss "the good ol' days" as well. I miss the numbers we used to have. I miss the locations of the battles. I miss how the game used to be in general...

More than anything, though, I miss the friends that I made through this game that have long since left.

Quick shout out to all my former MEW and UTE kinmates. I miss you guys. You made the game fun for me. Except for Daec... I still hate you .
    Cullin R10, Adyson R10, Praethir R9, Liggins R9, Cilliann R9, Koltan R8, Kolton R8, Zevin R7, Aernon R7

you need to come back kolt
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000016d685/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Kolt, I miss you to. I'm still around checking these forums. I want to play this game all the time but sadly like you said it is nothing like It used to be. I'm in wild star now if you play that at all. And a big shout to the old mew and ca still playing.

-Tyrone
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000083fbc/01007/signature.png]Tyronetheone[/charsig]

'Chosen to Serve, Inspired to Lead'

Quote Originally Posted by quickstang_1994 View Post
    you need to come back kolt
    Against my better judgement, I have resubbed. See you soon, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by streetrider399 View Post
    Kolt, I miss you to. I'm still around checking these forums. I want to play this game all the time but sadly like you said it is nothing like It used to be. I'm in wild star now if you play that at all. And a big shout to the old mew and ca still playing.

-Tyrone
    I just don't have the time or desire to put forth the required effort into another mmo, bro. If you find yourself on Ark at some point look me up. Maybe we can run something or kill some freeps/creeps.
    Cullin R10, Adyson R10, Praethir R9, Liggins R9, Cilliann R9, Koltan R8, Kolton R8, Zevin R7, Aernon R7

I miss Cintona being an idiot all over the forums.

Edit: Nevermind, he still is.
    Rank 12 Minstrel, Rank 9 Warden, Rank 8 Hunter, Rank 7 Burg, R7 Captain, R7 RK
    Rank 9 Defiler, Rank 7 Warg, Rank 6 Reaver, R6 Weaver, R6 WL, R6 BA

I can't sleep because my cat Tim sneezed about 15 times in a row and then puked on my pillow so I thought I'd post here One time years ago some ###### named Tyrone let me in a moors group and said I had to keep SI on everyone...I said SI? Whats that? He said "stun immunity." I explained that as a level capped LM at that time I had no idea what he was talking about. He explained it to me and kept me in his group even though it was obvious that I had no idea what I was doing. Back then it was damn near impossible to get in an actual moors group so I was crazy excited! Anyhow, I watched he and Uggae and Aelvain and Relo and Busheedo and Bing and Tharros....and suddenly I was hooked. Well, not just hooked...addicted. Current time I think I have a LM and mini rank 12 and RK rank 11 plus the others who are rank 6 or 7 or whatever. A lot of people have come and gone through LOTRO who I had hilarious times with and I thank them so much for that! You all are awesome and though it may never be the same again in LOTRO pvp, it was awesome while it lasted. Thanks y'all!

<3 Maie
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/6/2/0/3/5/5562035EsfXx.png[/IMG][/URL]

Oh, the good ole days. Man, they were fun.

If turbine had never touched a thing since mirkwood, I'd probably still be playing. At that time, it felt like I could have a fun 1v1 against every class and there were a lot of freeps who wanted to fight. It was sooo much fun. I really miss it.

I never really knew too many creeps well but they still were a ton of fun fighting along side all those years.

Cheers, Gilgaresh.

Quote Originally Posted by bruun View Post

If turbine had never touched a thing since mirkwood, I'd probably still be playing. At that time, it felt like I could have a fun 1v1 against every class and there were a lot of freeps who wanted to fight. It was sooo much fun. I really miss it.

I never really knew too many creeps well but they still were a ton of fun fighting along side all those years.

Cheers, Gilgaresh.
    I had a lot of fun following you around and leaching your points, Gil.
    Clarysta
    Twitter - @clarystainsun

Quote Originally Posted by bruun View Post

Cheers, Gilgaresh.

Bruuuuuuun! What game are you playing now?

I heard hes just been playing with himself! lol im on fire this morning.

What toon you playing Kolt I been looking for you on mini but it isn't lvled up yet.
    Formerly Derlan of Arkenstone, Thistlebeard of Crickhollow, Thistlehair of Brandywine. Once again Derlan of Arkenstone. Your Welcome for the $75 WB.

Auzue, Number (Arkenstone)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilantuk View Post
    I heard hes just been playing with himself! lol im on fire this morning.

What toon you playing Kolt I been looking for you on mini but it isn't lvled up yet.
    The only Freep I've leveled is the Warden, and I haven't upgraded anything so he's still in level 95 gear...
    I've been considering a transfer, to be honest. What little time I have to play now-a-days is usually spent roaming the map hoping to find a fight.... Even though I'm not a huge fan of the zerg vs. zerg playstyle of Brandywine, I may end up there just so I have something to do.

Yeh that's a large part of my issue to theres just no creeps on to fight. Last night (Friday) we had about 12-14 freeps roaming in two separate groups and all that was out was a dog pack. I had fun fighting the dogs but it gets old pretty quick with the way to low CD on sprint and hips. I took off about 1030 Est so maybe action picked up after I left. Our night was basically having falcon on his hunter as bait then trying to kill a warg before they jetted lol.

Deep Strikes is awesome BTW 600 tick dot for 28 seconds helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast