We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Infractions Info

I am familiar with the rules and punishments pertaining to infractions. However, I'm not familiar with the infractions that display on your forum posts or how to check your account's infractions since the forum revamp. Could someone please explain what the infractions count that displays on your own posts means, and also how to check your account for total infractions, or share a link that does so. Many thanks!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    I am familiar with the rules and punishments pertaining to infractions. However, I'm not familiar with the infractions that display on your forum posts or how to check your account's infractions since the forum revamp. Could someone please explain what the infractions count that displays on your own posts means, and also how to check your account for total infractions, or share a link that does so. Many thanks!
    You can view most of that at your User CP. It will tell you what the status of any infractions are (when they expire, etc), what they were for, who gave them to you, when you received them. As for the count by your post, if you reach the max you get a permaban (if I remember correctly). If it says 0/10 (or whatever) that means you only got a warning. It's listed as an infraction but only counts as a warning and so does not count towards the max.

Hope this answers all your questions. If you have any more, I'd direct them to Sapience or whomever gives you the infractions/warnings. Generally speaking, we shouldn't talk about this sort of stuff publicly, though.

PS: As these things are meant to be kept private, no one else can see any infraction listing on your posts. This sort of thing is really between you and the mobs. *edit: erm... mods...*
    Last edited by Mar-Evayave; May 14 2014 at 09:34 PM.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Interesting discussion. I haven't ever received an infraction so I have no idea where I should see this. Is it possible to create a dummy image of what an infraction would look like and post it (or a link) to this thread? Or, at least, any visual indicator and place it where it would appear on the Control Panel?

I agree with the OP that sometimes knowing where to look/what to look for is very important and, right now, I would have no idea what happened if I got an infraction that limited my usage of the forums in any way. I would think there was something wrong with LotRO and it's forums, not that I was being... reprimanded (I guess that is a fair term for such a situation).

I think Sapience said that if you got banned, you'd know you got banned. There'd be a very clear message when you log in.

You'll see the Infraction info underneath your post count on the right hand side. It's only visible if you're logged in. It'll tell you at a glance how many you have. Also in your Profile there is an Infractions tab which gives you more details. Finally you will be sent a PM when you receive an infraction so it's difficult to miss.

Not posting any pictures because obviously I only have access to my profile

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Picture of where infractions are:

Tarphindiel~Hu~100, Tolella~Mi~86, Ryeberry~Gu~80, Torfrik~Rk~80, Arindis~Be~60
    Meleras~Wd~50, Minethril~Ca~49, Diorwen~Ch~44, Indiria~Lm~38, Alanda~Bu~32
    And Fourteen Other Alts
    Founder of Gladden's "The Fellowship of the Ping"

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    The little red mark to the right identifies it as an infraction. Yellow would be a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The little red mark to the right identifies it as an infraction. Yellow would be a warning.
    Are any other colors used, or just those two? They are the same marks as we used to have for rep, and at the time we also had gray and green.

We should have a forum title: The Infracted. But it would send the wrong message I suppose.
    Founder, Leader - www.SonsOfNumenor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Are any other colors used, or just those two? They are the same marks as we used to have for rep, and at the time we also had gray and green.
    I believe grey means it was reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I believe grey means it was reversed.
    Okay. That's what I figured. I knew that gray was either when players tried to give rep but technically weren't high enough in rep themselves (IIRC) as well as when mods would negate any negative rep that was unfairly dished out.

Sure glad that system is gone, though I do miss being able to give rep to those who truly deserve it. There have been some truly outstanding posts around here, and not everyone can get fancy titles like Frick's.

Hmm....This thread sorta makes me want to commit an infraction just to see what in the Middle Earth yall are talking about.
    Guild-Maxed Westemnet(T10) Metalsmith, (T10) Prospector, (T10) Tailor
    Power-Leveling Newbies Since Update 7! ...Now with Multi-Boxing!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsin'sRiders View Post
    Hmm....This thread sorta makes me want to commit an infraction just to see what in the Middle Earth yall are talking about.
    No you don't....

It's not pretty and it sits there forever, even when expired. The unexpired ones are even worse...
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    It's not pretty and it sits there forever, even when expired. The unexpired ones are even worse...
    This allows you to see what everyone complained they couldn't see in the past. How many infractions you have and how many are active. Because the infraction system takes all infractions (regardless of if they are expired or not) into account when issuing automated bans, knowing how close you are to a ban is probably something you want to see. The hope is people make the right decisions in their posting behavior and choose their words wisely.

Remember, it's not what you say that gets you into trouble. It's how you choose to say it.