We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thumbs down Level cap confirmation? and when?

so level 100? when exactly is that happening? and i would like to see proof that a "mod/forum leader or whatever their called" said it.

the producer letter just say increase 5 levels, but does not say when.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoohooham View Post
    so level 100? when exactly is that happening? and i would like to see proof that a "mod/forum leader or whatever their called" said it.

It's actually 10, two separate increases of 5, they never confirm dates this early, but they have confirmed two shifts of level cap for 2014. I think the executive producer trumps "a "mod/forum leader or whatever they're (sic) called". Either way, they've got 7 months to introduce the 5 x 2 level bumps. I'm really, really excited about doing the same instances and raids that we've been doing for the past three years to gear up my toons.... TWICE in the next 7 months /sarcasm off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandgorgan View Post
    It's actually 10, two separate increases of 5, they never confirm dates this early, but they have confirmed two shifts of level cap for 2014. I think the executive producer trumps "a "mod/forum leader or whatever they're (sic) called". Either way, they've got 7 months to introduce the 5 x 2 level bumps. I'm really, really excited about doing the same instances and raids that we've been doing for the past three years to gear up my toons.... TWICE in the next 7 months /sarcasm off.
    I totally and whole-heartedly agree with you, im also looking forward to grinding gear/jewells/SA(lvl 100 and 105) Li's from all of the instances we love to repeat over and over and over, not mentioning with the current 'balance' changes things have been made harder and we can now enjoy ourselves over and over and over

No wait is that a /sarcasm I see, damn you beat me to it

The producers letter says two increases of 5 levels each

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

Paths of the Dead and Dol Amroth: Our second update of the year will kick off a new volume of the Epic Story, featuring the aftermath of the Army of the Dead as they pass through Blackroot Vale. Journey to Dol Amroth, our first Gondorian city and seaside port! You’ll also have five new levels to advance your character.

Pelargir: Our third update of the year will take you to the great port of Pelargir on the delta of Anduin. Join the Army of the Dead to defeat the Corsairs of Umbar! This update will also include five new levels.

These new quests and the level caps will all be free to VIPs.

Rowan
    Council Of The West On Snowbourn

Runesi lvl 100 Rune Keeper

so no one knows the date, not summer or fall.

so no one knows the date, not summer or fall.
    No, although if I had to make a rough guess, based on 2 more updates this year and dead marshes in between, then Paths of the Dead and Dol Amroth would probably be around June or July with Pelargir around October. Just a guess of course but that would space them out quite evenly.
    Council Of The West On Snowbourn

Runesi lvl 100 Rune Keeper

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by pvdtheking View Post
    I totally and whole-heartedly agree with you, im also looking forward to grinding gear/jewells/SA(lvl 100 and 105) Li's from all of the instances we love to repeat over and over and over, not mentioning with the current 'balance' changes things have been made harder and we can now enjoy ourselves over and over and over

No wait is that a /sarcasm I see, damn you beat me to it
    I doubt lvl 100 gear will be better than 95 gear.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    I doubt lvl 100 gear will be better than 95 gear.
    don't forget, lvl 87 gear had much better stats than lvl 85 gear
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    I wouldn't say MUCH better. I'd say slightly better. Still, I doubt the lvl 100 gear will be made with the same stat jump(85-95 was the largest stat jump to date, afaik). We might get new golds, but I think it would be to big of a mistake to make lvl 100 gear way better than 95 gear.

Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy

Maybe much better but not essential to upgrade. My guard kept the 85 gear until 95 and had no problems with regular landscape content. Not sure about how it would do in Big Battles.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I remember when the lv cap was 65. At that time most of the lv 60 gear was still very usable ..

I'd be happy if they left it with one level increase.
    Then maybe for the next update, add some more ways to get trait points.
    As in optional ways and set a cap at 70-75? for level 100.
    Then future expansions increases can go about it in a similar way.
    Twice a year seems to much for me.

Level 100 gear is going to be better than 95 gear. It will be this way for no other reason than human psychology. Level 100 is a milestone for all involved, players and developers. Because it is level "100" that alone will dictate that it will be an improvement. 100 is a milestone in any culture. The subconscious alone will not allow it to be a paltry level.

Lvl 100 .. thanks, I get the 2 goldy gear ( head and shoulders ) for my lm, I ran those ######## dailies instances, lost my time there for what .. .? nothing, in few months it will become useless ..

Lvl 100 .. cool, the lvl 85-100 would have mean no new raids, only scaled things which becomes boring as the hell to run it ..

WE NEED MORE BIG BATTLES ! WE NEED MORE SAVING NPCS ! Yes we do ! .. This game is ######## now, all about money, all about ez stuff, no brain anymore,

( yes delete this message again whoever you deleted my topic about the miss of new raids )

I forgot * we need more festivals !!

Quote Originally Posted by devilme View Post
    Lvl 100 .. thanks, I get the 2 goldy gear ( head and shoulders ) for my lm, I ran those ######## dailies instances, lost my time there for what .. .? nothing, in few months it will become useless ..

Lvl 100 .. cool, the lvl 85-100 would have mean no new raids, only scaled things which becomes boring as the hell to run it ..

WE NEED MORE BIG BATTLES ! WE NEED MORE SAVING NPCS ! Yes we do ! .. This game is ######## now, all about money, all about ez stuff, no brain anymore,

( yes delete this message again whoever you deleted my topic about the miss of new raids )

So much to say that probably would get me banned as well.
    Dude go get some fresh air and chill out, probably best advice you can get right now.

1st Line... That's the story of every progression-MMO

2nd line... We do need new raids, but a lot of the areas we will b visiting would fit more with big battles

3rd line... I happen to like the Big Battles. They said they are getting rid of the "Save xxxxx" quests.

4th line... I love festivals. Adds to the immersion. Not everything in Middle-Earth was about slaughtering things...

You're confusing ''useless'' with ''no longer the best in the game''.
    Unless all the stats disappear from the item, it's still as useful as before.
    And if it's no longer the best after a few months, then you still had a few months of it being the best - so your time wasn't 'for nothing'.
    I get the frustration at the gear progression, but it's common to MMORPGs -- not like Turbine is off in left field on this count.

is it in July, what's happening in July, is that the new cap?

is it in July, what's happening in July, is that the new cap?
    Probably not, if Bullroarer is due up in a few weeks, that puts public beta near the end of June, figure two weeks of public beta at best, for an update that is a very short beta, and more likely one month or two at worst and your looking at maybe August or September (middle) for release of UD 14, leaving 3 or 4 months for the second update of 2014, but most likely January 2015 or early February 2015 for the second cap bump. Unless the size of UD 14 is like the last with Entwood, that would be very disheartening, then yea we could see a level cap bump in July and the second bump about October or November.

However, I believe it will be the former and not the later.
    Ujest - 105 Lore-master, Opun - 82 Warden, Cneasai - 47 Minstrel, Veneur - 47 Hunter plus alts and mules
    Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by Runesi_EU View Post
    The producers letter says two increases of 5 levels each
    I'm getting a "Black Flag" vibe on the third update (Corsairs).

Quote Originally Posted by Sandgorgan View Post
    In general, I like re-gearing my toon. That keeps the game new. But, in this case, I am going to agree with you 100%. The gold gear from the Helm's Deep battles is insane rare (I do every duo and the 3-man every day. I end up getting MAYBE one gold item per month (and half of those are useless - the set I am not using. Then a fraction of what is left are duplicates I can not use.)) Now, once I get 1 or 2 of them... I have to regear to level 100 items. And for what? There are no new raids. Then in a couple of months - regear again to level 105? I think this was really really poorly planned on the developer's part.

We'll...on the one hand they have to bring something new because of new MMOs...

On the other hand...I thought they were going to leave level cap rises ETC to focus on quality of life issues which they said they would do. Does no one else remember Turbine saying for the next year "we will focus on quality of life issues for LOTRO in place of new content" cause I do. I recall them saying that, and it made me happy, it made me happy thinking for a good long while my capped characters can stay as they are, relaxing, and maybe I can go on to get some of the others up, and now they say with some none expansion updates, they will raise the cap? Why? What's the point of MORE gear? Heck, what's the point of more levels, if they wont introduce more skills your characters can do? Its not like with the new levelling system they adopted you will get more than a few skills from other trees from the main one your character is set to, anyway, with 10 levels you will be lucky to get up 1 single path in a class tree that is not the one you are focused on. They said they would focus on quality of life issues. They PROMISED they would do that, and focus on that. They said nothing about level cap rises. Have they fixed housing in LOTRO? No, not really, have they added more hobbies that can be done, um, no, is fishing still a useless hobby? Yes, have they failed to add any kind of social dynamic to the game, to further implement role-playing elements, yes they have. Seriously, what's the point of this level cap rise, other than Turbine getting scared? They better make it worth it. There better be some potent new skill that can be unlocked in your chosen path, when you get those 10 extra levels, which has a drastic affect on gameplay. My Guardian, as example, at 105, should have like, I don't know, some ultimate form of pledge, which is like, 5 times more powerful, lasts for twice the duration and basically makes him like GRANITE [this is just an example] because seriously, without something at the end of it more levels just for more levels sake, is pointless.
    Ordgaric. Level 100 Guardian. Saelrein. Level 100 hunter. Nimraloth. Level 100 Captain. Leofwyne. Level 100 Warden. Others. Feandor. Lv 85 Champion. Doradonna. Level 82 Minstrel. Serabrand. Level 63 Burgler. Glothren. Level 63 Runekeeper. Lythgier. Level 50 beorning. Malvadan. Level 44 Loremaster.

That may be true or not, but it makes no difference.

If you use the same gear all the time and level up, then you will actually lose dps. The bonuses given by mastery diminish with every level.

So to keep your damage while leveling, you have to get new equipment.

I'm sick of restatting my chars all the time. Sadly this game offers no other rewards than equipment (and sometimes a horse), so that's what they have to do: more levels, better equipment.

Talking about horses: I was so disappointed from West Rohan. In East Rohan we got 4 full outfits (one for each faction), a skin from the warbands and some bloody rare pieces from treasure chests (are those still avaiable?). In West-Rohan: One set from War Bands .... great.

I did not even try to farm those useless daily instances (in Stangraf, the boss being always at same place, I just run directly to boss... and that's all, instance is finished (if I got enough uncommon ore from mobs)) or gold jewels from BBs, knowing they would be obsolete just a few weeks later.
    Last edited by Castorix; Jun 10 2014 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiemslove View Post
    On the other hand...I thought they were going to leave level cap rises ETC to focus on quality of life issues which they said they would do. Does no one else remember Turbine saying for the next year "we will focus on quality of life issues for LOTRO in place of new content" cause I do. I recall them saying that, and it made me happy, it made me happy thinking for a good long while my capped characters can stay as they are, relaxing, and maybe I can go on to get some of the others up, and now they say with some none expansion updates, they will raise the cap?
    They (Kate to be precise) said that there would be no expansion in 2014. But it was never specified how exactly an expansion differs from a regular update from their PoV. The only thing they actually committed to in that letter was that the new areas would be free to VIPs. And as Kate is no longer in charge, even that could be renegotiated.

Why? What's the point of MORE gear? Heck, what's the point of more levels, if they wont introduce more skills your characters can do? Its not like with the new levelling system they adopted you will get more than a few skills from other trees from the main one your character is set to, anyway, with 10 levels you will be lucky to get up 1 single path in a class tree that is not the one you are focused on.
    Turbine doesn't care about that. They simply want to give people a reason to play more, and "not at level cap" is enough reason for many people to play, and is easy to implement for Turbine.
    When the HD skill system was introduced it should have been obvious that it was designed to make cap-raises easier to implement.

because seriously, without something at the end of it more levels just for more levels sake, is pointless.
    Well, that's been the case for the last few expansions already, the last meaningful update regarding skills was RoI (but again mainly due to Champ and Mini revamps), RoR added mostly mediocre helper skills and HD, well lets not talk about that fiasco of a diversion.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more