We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Help with Burglar Deed

I have a deed called Finish What You Started that requires me to "Use Critical Hit Chain Finishing Strikes". I do not know what this means because using double-edged strike followed by feint attack does not make it increment. I got it up to 30/150 somehow and since then have been unable to raise it. Anyone know what it means?

Class deeds have a maximum number of times they can be increased per day. 30/150 sounds like a typical daily increase total to me.

Check the progress bar in your deed log. If it is yellow, you have already reached your daily limit for this deed and need to wait until tomorrow until you can work on it again (or buy a skill deed accelerator in the Store, if you are really impatient about this deed).
    If the progress bar is still blue, your deed should progress when you use the associated skill(s). In that case, maybe somebody who knows a bit more about the Burglar class than me can make a guess?
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.

Quote Originally Posted by pwnsore View Post
    I have a deed called Finish What You Started that requires me to "Use Critical Hit Chain Finishing Strikes". I do not know what this means because using double-edged strike followed by feint attack does not make it increment. I got it up to 30/150 somehow and since then have been unable to raise it. Anyone know what it means?
    'double-edged strike' enables 'exposed throat' or 'flashing blades' which are the 'finishing strikes' thus you need to use either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gllotro01 View Post
    'double-edged strike' enables 'exposed throat' or 'flashing blades' which are the 'finishing strikes' thus you need to use either of them.
    But I am several levels away from either flashing blades or finishing strikes. How did I get the 30?

Quote Originally Posted by pwnsore View Post
    But I am several levels away from either flashing blades or finishing strikes. How did I get the 30?
    Class deeds have always been level restricted. You will have to wait until you get the skill(s) that count for the deed. The annoyance after Helms Deep is that some skills are not common class skills. Some skills are spec line skills (blue, red or yellow). Not only do you have to level up and do other class deeds to get enough trait points to buy the skill. You have to make active the correct color. You may have to unlock trait slots if your character does not have all the slots unlocked from being logged in while your account is a VIP.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gllotro01 View Post
    Wrong.

The skills that advance the Deed are Feint Attack and Lucky Strike, and their respective improved varieties.

The 6th Tier in Quiet Knife or the 5th Tier in Gambler, change Feint Attack to Improved Feint attack and Lucky Strike to Gambler's Strike, respectively.
    Thus, the improved versions of the skills no longer require the Critical chain to be used, but they are still the only skills that advance the Finish What You Started deed.

And, as others have said, there's a limit to how many times a skill can be used to advance a deed per day. The reset is at 0000 (midnight) Eastern.