We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krucipisek View Post
    would be nice if people who blame multiboxers look around and think first before they wrote nonsens on forum. Yes i took whole 6v6 field for self (at 8 morning time), yes i did multibox (its not against any rule, i didnt use any bot, macro...) and i will do it again. I dont agree with amount of tokens we need for rewards. Many ppl arived to 6v6 field i was on. I asked them politely to dont join my game. There were still 3 other fields empty. I didnt disable fun or chance to play. Still many players were angry, why?
    You really don't understand why? Because if they run only one client (through need or choice, doesn't matter) and they show up, they've often no one to play with and no way to start a game by themselves, short of bugging out the clubs on a field.

Many times this weekend, on my low population server, I used my multiple clients to host games when there were not enough players about to fill a field. Any time someone showed up, I'd invite them to join the field if they like. I'd announce in /Regional when a new match was soon to start, and invited people to come, and I'd take my extra clients off field to make room for the 1-3 players who would come. I'd also ensure the others were all on the same side if they were focused on just earning rewards, so they'd get more tokens, regardless of the fact it meant I made less... I was still earning more than if I ran a single client, so who cares? Or it they wanted a competitive match, I'd play on whichever side evened things out for them, while my extra clients just picked up the remaining sticks so the match could begin.

Seeing your attitude helps me understand why I'd get they occasional angry tell, where new arrivals assumed I'd be like you. My actions, however, resulted in numerous people thanking me for helping them to get tokens more quickly, so they might earn the rewards they yearned for. I do hope you'll reconsider your ways. Do what you can to make the game more fun for more people, and more people will stay and play this game. Act like you did, and more will leave, and you'll be playing by yourself all the sooner.

Edit: In case anyone is wondering, I only did this when 2 or more fields were inactive. I'd never do this on a server like Landroval, where Hobnanigans is so busy. I had a great time while I played it there. Silverlode, however, is now a low population server, and as far as I know, Turbine doesn't plan to merge servers, so I do what I can to make it more fun for those who remain. I miss the days when it was busy here. ubi sunt and whatnot
    Last edited by Moochi; May 12 2014 at 01:38 PM. Reason: typos
    Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: Glaistig Skop | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba

Moochinbras - former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval

Wasted time speaking to ego maniac that think to be god like , just saying ....

Quote Originally Posted by Cithryth View Post
    To reduce frustration felt by players who are attempting to play Hobnanigans as intended the bugs preventing players from receiving rewards or participating in matches should be fixed: Fields should keep track of score correctly and award earned tokens; chickens should be hit in the direction the player is facing; chickens should not go out of bounds. Additionally, the reward for losing a match should be decreased to one token while new rewards for successfully landing chicken hits should be added to encourage participation over AFK match sitting.
    I agree and disagree. To me, the mechanic of hitting-the-chicken-in-mid-air adds a great deal to strategic game play. Players must be aware of their positioning on the field, and be paying attention to other players' hits. This can create some frustrating blunders, if a mis-timed hit sends the chicken flying back over your shoulder. But it can also lead to fun strategic efforts, where a well-coordinated team can carefully time their own hits to collectively send a chicken way way far down the field in the CORRECT direction. Please don't take this mechanic away. Without mechanics like this, the game will turn into a free-for-all bashfest, with everyone zerg-swarming the chicken sans any strategy.

Which is also why I disagree with your suggestion that tokens should be awarded for chicken hits. This will only discourage strategy and encourage chicken-zerging. Plus, players that play defensive positions should benefit equally for their part in the team's success, even if they don't hit the chicken as often.

However, I DO agree with your suggestion that the amount of tokens for a loss should be diminished, and another method should be added of earning tokens through normal gameplay. My suggestion would be awarding team-wide tokens for GOALS. Not hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Anolus View Post
    Wasted time speaking to ego maniac that think to be god like , just saying ....
    I fear that you may be right, but I believe people deserve chances at redemption.

Additionally, I like to get it out there on the forums that I (and some others on my server) are using our multiboxing for the betterment of the game for others. I think I saw Quenton_1 & Crell say that they're doing something similar on their servers.

I'll continue to harbor hope that someone like Krucipisek might see this and grasp that they're hurting the game, and might try to change. Yeah, I try to be an optomist; one of the main themes of LotR is holding on to faint hope when the odds are against the good.
    Last edited by Moochi; May 12 2014 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typos, again & always, typos
    Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: Glaistig Skop | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba

Moochinbras - former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval

I have come up with a fairly simple solution to most of these issues. Referees. REAL referees.

Since GMs are online anyway, you could have one stationed in the hob fields while the games are underway. They could reset sticks that have disappeared from quest cancellations, put bugged chickens back into the fields, boot people who are hogging fields without playing, etc. I know they have other things to do too, but if every few minutes they could take a quick peek at what's going on, that would solve a number of the problems people have mentioned.

Another possibility is to host "professional" hob games with a GM parked on the field to ensure fair play. Perhaps only at certain times during the event. With team pre-registration (or not), winner/loser brackets, special prizes for the top teams, etc.

Okay... here we go.

Gameplay/Bugs
    Aside from fixed to prevent chickens getting stuck high up in the net posts or kicked out of bounds, I'd like to see the following:
    - a little bit of bounce/rebound added into the walls. When things get scrummed up against the walls, it can take forever to get them loose (especially with many players stupidly kicking it into the wall and not away from). That or let people jump on the edge of the fence wall, allowing them to get between the ball and the outside of the field, and thus directionally kick it back into play.
    - Drink From a Boot is useless because it's induction is sooooo long and/or benefit too little. I will never use it period because of that. Benefit is not worth the cost, ie other skills one might use in the duration that skill takes to complete.
    - I enjoy the combo-hitting players can create, however if two people hit it at the exact same milisecond, one gets an Immune message and the other gets the kick. Can the person with the Immune message get their kick cooldown reset? The mechanic is fun, but loosing your skill cooldown to no result is kinda lame. Also, bring the multiple-hits-in-near-succession-makes-things-go-further bit back to the Bar Fights.

Farming
    Let me first say I am sympathetic to those who want to play during off hours or on smaller servers, but have to few other players to make a game of it. But having heard from a person who did park lvl 15 mules on the fields and had their mules eventually (temporarily?) blocked from the area, yet seen others who are max level simply parking themselves and higher level alts in a field for most of the day and went unpunished by GMs, I'm rather confused and annoyed at what I perceive to be an apparent double standard. Punish someone who parks 2-6 alts on a side in a 6v6 to guarantee a free win, but appear to do nothing to someone who parks their main and an alt, one on each side, in a 3v3 and then proceeds to go afk until next round begins.

The stick-pickup mechanic is like an earlier version of the horse race, back when it was still a competitive race rather than you vs clock. In that version you could pick up and drop saddles, after which, if you picked up and dropped 3 of the 4 saddles, you then took the last one and only you could run (and win) the race. The situation isn't exactly the same, as this time there's a 5min CD on the stick pickup. I've been on a field where I saw bots take sticks, however the person controlling them always took their stick first. If someone's waiting to join, they have sufficient time to grab one before. Naturally this problem (ethical/moral issues aside) is bigger depending on server use of the festival area.

So how to fix it? I don't know if you can come up with a fair system that magically makes any farming concern go away. I think the status quo on the stick system is sufficiently fair and workable. IF you made the sticks replenish when someone runs out of the area, then a person in a low pop server might never get a chance to play in their timezone. If a person wants to pick up 6 sticks and drop five, thus spending 30 minutes for 1 free win, I'm totally cool with that. It's a very inefficient way to farm, yet lets them enjoy a one-sided and limited version of the game.

Also, the random nature of coloured chicken barter tokens irks me. Someone can show up to one game and receive one, while an entire weekend of play could net you squat. I get that if you make it based on time played you only risk furthering the problem of farming and intentional full-round afks, but in this case I'm just registering a complaint without a solution on hand.

Players
    Having played many hours of this (sufficient for 1 Hall of Famer and an alt to Major Leaguer, nearly 1000 barter tokens, and a dozen or so white chickens), I've seen my share of people on the field. While the point of any game is to have fun, the fact there is a win bonus reward means there is purpose to win. I quickly began avoiding fields where I saw people who were known quantities of what I would consider a strong lack of playing skill, such as constantly kicking the ball towards their own end. Not that I believe them to have been intentionally griefing their team, but they simply had no grasp (or care to learn) that kicking is directional, how to run through it (not always around), now to position yourself, and not to merely auto-queue their next kick, but rather to time it. While I want them to be able to play, I don't like carrying dead weight in a competitive game environment. 5v6 you can get away with sometimes, but 2v3 with deadweight is a near-certain way to loose. In this situation, I'm completely understanding of the 2 players just go afk, throw the match, take the consolation/please-play-again prize of 5 tokens, and not pointlessly 'work for them'. I don't know how one might incorporate a ranking system for players, but I would like some way to or flag players by skill level. Life happens, and everyone at some point might need an afk for a bit, but making a career of sitting idle is less than ideal.

Mith Coins
    Consider adjusting the wording to clarify the MC boost you can purchase is ONLY for the participation reward and does not affect the game-winning reward. Or change is such that the boost does.

Rewards
    Unless I'm seeing it incorrectly, some of the the cook-based recipes require a ridiculous amount of barters. A non-permanent one-shot table recipe should not be costing nearly the sum that it does. Please reduce the cost of the recipes or make them permanent housing items.

Future consideration
    - Kin-based leagues
    - additional fields (if volume levels merit)
    - earlier unlocking of 2nd and 3rd abilities
    - Perhaps it's the hardcore demon in me, but I want a player rank system. I'd rather not waste 10 minutes of my time determining player X, Y, Z, etc are a severe handicap on the normal odds of winning.
    - for all the problems that might arise, the ability to group-claim a field for an event would be nice. Nothing like trying to enjoy a 6v6 with all kinnies to have some unwanted people snag a few sticks.
    Last edited by ArcticAurora; May 12 2014 at 03:53 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C2C2A3][B]ArcticAurora [/B][COLOR=#999966]95 S/B Guard[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ffffff][B]//[/B][/COLOR] [B]Pavello[/B] [COLOR=#999966]95 OP Guard[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ffffff][B]//[/B][/COLOR] [B]Canadian[/B] [COLOR=#999966]95 Capt[/COLOR] ... [SIZE=1]et alts[/SIZE] [/COLOR]
    [B][SIZE=2][COLOR=#C2C2A3]2013 Player Councillor[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]//[/B] [SIZE=2][COLOR=#C2C2A3]Rich people would rebuild the Bridge of Khazad-Dûm. Wealthy players fill the great chasm with gold.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [IMG]http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq163/dsrtfx207/rich_zps70199bf0.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Throwing some ideas out there. They're raw and need refinement, contributions welcome:

Additional Factions

F1. Two additional Factions, Flying Feathers & Steel Beaks, with different types of rewards given for achieving rep with the factions. Inn League (cheer!) and Ale Association (hiss) competing factions were a fun addition to the game.

F2. Playing for a side could earn you rep with that faction, and a bonus awared if that side wins the match. Perhaps +500 for completing a match for a faction, and an additional +500 if your side wins?

Possible faction rewards:

F3a. Each time a player finishes a reputation level with Beaks, they get a Black-foot token or a Orange Wyandotte token, at alternating tiers. They'd still be grindy, but no longer exclusively RNG dependant.

F3b. Someone mentioned a ./chickendance emote ... that could be the capper for that rep faction.

F4. Each time a player finishes a reptation level with Feaths, they get a cosmetic reward or housing reward or something else other than the skills and barter tokens rewarded with Beaks rep. I know I was jealous of the NPC with the birdsnest hat, and was disappointed not to see it in the barter lists; perhaps that could be one of them?

F5. Additional titles with each of these faction tiers. Suggestions welcome.

Hobnanigans token rewards and Hobnanigan faction rewards.

I've seen many people post that they'd like to see hobtokens rewarded for scoring a goal. I don't like this idea... it would serve to further discourage players on the losing side, and they'd be more likely to quit and just go afk. I suggest the opposite!

H1. Remove the +700 Hobfaction reward for quest completion. Instead, award the members of the team +100 Hobfaction points and +1 Hobtoken each time their team scores a goal. Only award it to players that have moved in the last 30s. The Hobnanigans titles become a source of pride, not just something that can be earned by entering and then going afk. And floating rep (with a sound) upon a goal would be fun.

H2. At the same time, award the team who was scored upon +3 Hobtokens. Again, no recent movement, no award. The losing team can still be happy about something, as they're not going away empty handed... quite the contrary.

H3. If playing Beaks, +100 Beaks rep upon goal, -50 Feaths rep? Opposite numbers if on other side, of course. Again, recent movement requisite for reward.

I think these changes would encourage active participation for the duration of the match... no more "score one goal then afk for 9.5m" matches. Wouldn't this make all the active players happier?

Like I said... these ideas are not fully fleshed out... what do you guys think would work here? What needs changing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    We'd love to hear your feedback on the return of Hobnanigans.

Please use this thread to discuss your likes and dislikes about the Hobnanigans game. Do please keep in mind that this isn't meant to be "won" in a single weekend and that Hobnanigans will return from time to time to allow you to gather more tokens and earn your items.
    [/URL]
    I must say that I really like the idea of this mini-event, I like the looks of the Festival Grounds much better than with the old solo lonely looking playfield. I really wanted this to be a fun carefree event like some of the other event mini-games I've come to really like.

However, after jumping over to see what was going on on the second day of this event I must say I was nothing but frustrated with the implementation. I felt that the lack of explanation other than 'Go and see!' really negatively impacted my first impression. I was almost immediately confused with 3 playing areas and what appeared to be duplicated quests (I could get what appeared to be the same quest from three different quest-givers, each with differential behaviors). That had me baffled for a few minutes.

I really had a hard time knowing what was going on once I got into a game. The games are obviously timed, but there appeared to be no clock I could see. If I'm wrong and there is one, you need to make it more visible. If I'm not wrong you also need to make the clock more visible, a lOT more. I had no idea how long a game should go on, and it seemed to drag on -forever-. Time does that when you have no idea where you are in a period.

The games appear to have a score, but I can't tell you how to find it. If there's a scoreboard it would be news to me. Not knowing whether your team is in the game or not is a interest killer, too.

The game mechanics are what really got under my skin. Apparently it all about timing, so if you invoke your chicken hit a split-second too late you're actually going to drive it in the same direction as whomever got there first. I cannot tell you how many times I saw one red team player rush a hen followed by multiple blue team members, only to have all the blues hit a bit late, driving the chicken into blues' goal. Switch the team colors around and you have about every game I played or watched. After this frustration I tried to play it like a team sport, and played defense. It was an exercise in a new flavor of frustration. Now I am always facing the wrong direction, underestimated the distance the hen would be hit, can't chase it down fast enough, whatever. Position play may be possible given these mechanics, but I determined that to get good you'd be undermining the whole fun of this event! I thought this was meant to be a lark (or chicken, if you prefer)?

I got further frustrated when my team, no matter how many goals we would win by (presumably, without score keeping who can know for sure?) we would always be told it was a tie! I know for certain a tie was not possible, but I was told that twice when my team was certain up by double-digit goals. So, I quickly learned I would never get anything other than 5 tokens per 10 minute eternity with no hope of acquiring any of the permanent goods (holding chickens are a fine idea, but at the token prices you're asking you can count me out). I came to understand the several people out of 12 that were always AFK each game. Why bother to play?

Add to this the dead-time waiting for 12 players, chickens leaving the playing field, that you made a hockey game with -square corners- (even when the chicken is on the pitch there is game-stoppage because of the poor field shape - corners eat the game object, folks), a mystery list of deeds we may or may not want to pursue (why don't you guys publish this stuff along with, say, any kind of play instructions?) and I was done. I got the Rookie deed, and the two team deeds in 4 games and called in quits.

I left the festival grounds in a foul mood, no pun at all intended. I did not return for this event, and unless fixes are made and published before the next event I have no intention of going back. Grinding slayer deeds, which is what I abandoned to try this, was far more fun and rewarding.

It was after I left that I realized that Hob tokens are -unbound-. I have ten in my kinhouse chest right now. Was the intent to create an insane new economy around those willing to grind out event quests for the rich? Again, another sign this was rushed out the door.

Oh, and the mithril accelerator salesman? One word: insulting. If you want to encourage your detractors to describe your game as a transparent money grab, taking the fun out of things and replacing it with a grind (that you can spend real money to eliminate!!!) please persist with this. The rest of my description above is about frustration. Seeing that guy out there was disheartening. It's hard to disagree with your detractors when you're selling vendor items that require thousands of tokens, mystery chickens that you acquire with impossible wins (presumably, again there are no published game rules and rewards, so how would I know?) for something that I was able to generate 20 tokens for in an hour of 'play'. Scare quotes intended.

I don't want the devs getting discouraged - this was a great idea! But this implementation feels rushed and poorly thought out. I love LotRO a great deal, but I had to walk away from my computer Friday after this event to cool down. Awful.

The time remaining gets announced when a new skill gets added to your bar. And the score is announced whenever a goal is scored. Both in fairly large print in the middle of your screen. Perhaps a bug if you weren't able to see it. A ticking clock in your quest bar as is usually done for timed quests would be helpful, Turbine.

Hardly anyone reads the loader. I remember the first time the treasure hunt ran. there were tons of people and when it ended there were tons there. There was one other person in the fields. I tried to find it the first day and couldn't thinking I was early. This is the most poorly advertised event EVER@! Make a quest, map, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    The time remaining gets announced when a new skill gets added to your bar. And the score is announced whenever a goal is scored. Both in fairly large print in the middle of your screen. Perhaps a bug if you weren't able to see it. A ticking clock in your quest bar as is usually done for timed quests would be helpful, Turbine.
    As I reread my post I note that it gets rather angrier as it progresses. I clearly was reliving my frustration as I wrote it; didn't mean to get so bitey towards the end there.

If the intention was for the time to be displayed on screen, as well as the score, then I did not get that performance at all. But a part of my general discontent is that due to my ignorance of the desired behavior I cannot have known this was unintended. I did note that towards the end of the match I would see the ref announce a two minute warning, but the only real reason I noticed was I was no longer trying to pay attention to the game play. I thought my team was up far enough when we 'tied' and we were usually well beat when we lost, at least according to my mental tally.

One thing I didn't go into was the random(ish?) progression of skills in the game. Without being able to readily assign them to slots without interrupting play, and then having my slots 'forgotten' between matches, made for another thing for me to get bent about. Yet another was that I only noticed that we got additional skills on my third game. I'm not the kind of person that throws things but I said some naughty words towards the end of my Hobnanigans experiment. Loudly.

Why wasnt Hobnanigans a Hobby?

This would be the perfect activity to fit into what a Hobby is, and since we have been asking for another for years, it would have been nice to just throw it in as one.

Plus, every single thing that can be done with Rep can be done with Hobby progression (except gating trades by hobby, but I have no doubt it would be possible). For example, you can get titles for different steps of the Hobby (as seen in fishing), you can get exclusive rewards for being at a certain progress (as seen in fishing with certain fish such as 50 pound salmon) and so on. One beneficial thing, I think, at least for the game, but not necessarily the Turbine Store, would be to make it progress like a hobby, where it gets a daily cap, unlike rep. [I noticed that the 5000 Rep Tome coupon came out at a perfect time for Hobnanigans though, which may have been a reminder that they were in the store to assist in the grind.]

I would suggest they have all of the same stuff they currently do:
    • Titles - All of the same 5 that are granted now (based off of rep, and 2 others from quests) - obtained with Hobby system by reaching certain progress points, ideally 40, 80, 120, 160, and 200.
    • Rep-specific rewards - Currently you can only get certain Chicken Tokens (as far as I know) if you are have certain reputation standing - if not, or even if so, converting it to a hobby system would allow for this to (still) exist, rewarding people for their dedication

Mechanic Changes:
    -Progression would be limited daily, to probably 20/200 ticks (maybe 10). You would get 1 tick for winning a game, and 50% at a tick for losing a game. This would encourage people to play over more events and gradually give more rewards.
    -Skills could now show up in the Hobbies Tab. They would still be barred from use unless you have been given the skill in the game, but you could then set them up in a permanent place

Notes:
    -It might be cool to grant 1 more Hobnanigans token for each 40 points a player gets in the hobby, but that might also be annoying and incentive to not rank up another player
    -I don't know if it would be physically possible to convert rep to hobby points, but if it is, this would be wonderful. If not, I'd still enjoy it (even though I have spent a lot of time and rep boost on getting to almost done with Major League)
    Baldigar, 105 Burglar on Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Rozalinde View Post
    I agree and disagree. To me, the mechanic of hitting-the-chicken-in-mid-air adds a great deal to strategic game play. Players must be aware of their positioning on the field, and be paying attention to other players' hits. This can create some frustrating blunders, if a mis-timed hit sends the chicken flying back over your shoulder. But it can also lead to fun strategic efforts, where a well-coordinated team can carefully time their own hits to collectively send a chicken way way far down the field in the CORRECT direction. Please don't take this mechanic away. Without mechanics like this, the game will turn into a free-for-all bashfest, with everyone zerg-swarming the chicken sans any strategy.

Which is also why I disagree with your suggestion that tokens should be awarded for chicken hits. This will only discourage strategy and encourage chicken-zerging. Plus, players that play defensive positions should benefit equally for their part in the team's success, even if they don't hit the chicken as often.

However, I DO agree with your suggestion that the amount of tokens for a loss should be diminished, and another method should be added of earning tokens through normal gameplay. My suggestion would be awarding team-wide tokens for GOALS. Not hits.
    My experience was a bad one, but if the general mechanics of the game, that you defend here, are preserved I think the game is a bust (mostly) regardless of the pricing, bugs, AFKs/multi-boxing, mithril whatzits. etc. It may be fixable, but I really don't like it.

For one thing, and Tulkas help me for bring up realism, but there's no way the current mechanics work realistically. If you and I face one another and you, with a stick, hit an object before I do either I miss the object or I deflect it in another direction, perhaps directly back at you. There is no scenario where my hit accelerates the object in the direction you hit it - if it picks up speed it changed direction. So yeah, physics. Mind you I play a dwarf in a land of magic rings, so it's not like physics has to do what I say. But, it is certainly unintuitive and you're going to have a damnable time training 5 other ad-hoc players about this and what to do, so what fun a pick up game will be!

Part of the problem as I see it is in my short frustrating time playing the game I saw no good way to tell that I should interrupt my hen hit invocation when someone had beat me there. I think that either first hit wins and all others 'miss', or you get a more random effect; random direction, random speed change on subsequent hits. I have no idea what mechanics are possible. The way it is being late a little bit is supremely punishing.

Another approach would be to eliminate winning from the rewards calculus. Many of the other mini-games are mock-competitions with a social aspect and a personal goal tally. Whacking shrews and batting people in the beer hall all looks competitive, but each quest is almost always winnable if you play attentively. In that case the mechanics are just a lark like everything else and who cares if they're unpredictable, unrealistic or impede 'winning'. Like the snowball fight, you win by playing.

I really like this chicken kickin´

But there are a few things I don´t like:

- The problem with tradeable tokens: multi-accounting. I know it´s not against your rules. But when a whole field with 6 places is taken by one player with six account (and on maiar this happens a lot) it´s kind of unfair.

- The coloured chicken tokens should have a barter option. You can gain a white chicken token for 150 hobnanigan tokens now. What about the option to change one white chicken token into 75 hobnanigan tokens?

- Sometimes when a chicken was kicked to the sideline wall, it takes minutes to get it out because 6 people are kickin the chicken at the same time. I would prefer that a chicken on the sidelines will be kicked 2-3 meters into the playground automatically.
    Second Marshall Maywyn Eorthas of Rohan - Captain - Rank 13

Tyrant Gate Wargkönig, Son of Krithmog - Stalker - Rank 15

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    Has anyone only gotten 5 tokens for winning a game? This has happened to me at least twice. Other times I have gotten more like 15 I think.
    Some fields are bugged and give 5 to both teams.

Try using different field.

I would very much like to see permanent versions of the cook recipes that have a long cool down, like guild recipes. I love what some of them do, but I will never waste tokens on consumed stuff like that.
    You gotta chill to take it to the next level.

Oregon, lying in the grass with my Laptop!
    Any chance we can get this back next weekend? or sometime this month? I've waited almost 7 years for it, but you had it on Mother's day Weekend so I didn't really get to play much.

It was fun, I did see the wall bug especially in 6 player. It seems like the chicken can escape from the middle of field one by the mid field markers. It was still lots of fun.
    Last edited by Westernesse; May 13 2014 at 07:31 PM.
    Lorebreaker, Hero of Legend r15 Elf RK
    /Smiter of Foes, Vanyar
    Foe of Morgoth Belegurth, Crosser of Roads
    Mender of Afflictions, Expositor of Words
    Pet Rock Owner, Quendi of Cuiviénen
    Exile 11/15/08

Quote Originally Posted by Westernesse View Post
    Any chance we can get this back next weekend? or sometime this month? I've waited almost 7 years for it, but you had it on Mother's day Weekend so I didn't really get to play much.

It was fun, I did see the wall bug especially in 6 player. It seems like the chicken can escape from the middle of field one by the mid field markers. It was still lots of fun.
    JWB stated ealy in this thread that it is intended to be run one weekend a month. On top of that they need time to fix the numerous issues that we all encountered to hopefully make it so next time this is activated in about a month it will not have any issues and it will be just pure fun.

Oregon, lying in the grass with my Laptop!
    Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    JWB stated ealy in this thread that it is intended to be run one weekend a month. On top of that they need time to fix the numerous issues that we all encountered to hopefully make it so next time this is activated in about a month it will not have any issues and it will be just pure fun.
    Thanks for the response.
    Lorebreaker, Hero of Legend r15 Elf RK
    /Smiter of Foes, Vanyar
    Foe of Morgoth Belegurth, Crosser of Roads
    Mender of Afflictions, Expositor of Words
    Pet Rock Owner, Quendi of Cuiviénen
    Exile 11/15/08

People standing afk constantly is a problem but please don't make the tokens bound. It's very fun to be able to trade and share I came across a team who were trying to get a chicken token of a certain colour to drop because one of them really really wanted it, and I met another person who was gathering tokens to help a friend buy a pet chicken

I like the idea of getting tokens for scoring, because when the other team leads by several goals it would make it more fun to keep trying

Sadly in one game I happened upon someone who cheated. He/she joined with who characters, one on each team, and let the character on my team stand afk, while he/she played the character on the other team, which made my team 5 actual players while the others were 6. When I politely asked why and said that it wasn't fair and that he/she should stand still with both his/her characters to make it fair, I got a laugh in return and a reply that it wasn't unfair at all Next game I saw the same person grabbing sticks on two sides again, so I left for another field.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

I was wondering, what to do with those Chikcen, that could be carried around... but I could not find an answer at Sadsons farm in the Shire.
    I hoped to get a token of the appropriate type of the carried chicken...

Would like to see that implemented...

Carry a chicken to the farm for the chicken play sounded logically to me, but sadly it did nothing.

Thanks for the fun Turbine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Belnavar View Post

I also think we should be awarded 1 Token per goal. That would motivate us to score more, and it would motivate a losing team to get another goal even if they're several behind.

-Bel
    I agree, it would motivate ppl to keep trying even if they are behind. Still a base of 5 tokens per game no matter perhaps, for ppl like me that put their heart into it but really stink, plus the 1 token per goal.

I was very distraught by all the AFK'rs. They really took advantage of us who wanted to play. Then, when u see them go afk for game after game, and when they are on the opponents team afk, and suddenly start to play, it really throws u for a loop!!! It is so important for this game to be balanced w the same number of players. I am a poor player, and kept trying to pair up with at least one strong player. But when their were uneven odds, it just made it impossible!

I love the skills, although was frustrated that when a new one was added, it would bump the one(s) that were already there. Chickens getting stuck was a problem for me too. I think the rewards costs were way too high as well... 1800 regular tokens for one special chic token!? Really!? That's crazy!!!

I was also VERY, VERY upset that field 2 (on Crick) was broken on Sun. I reported it by bug reports, but also sent in a ticket to a GM, asking for the tokens I was cheated out of by the broken field. They said there was nothing they could do. That *has to be* that is a lie!!! For all the other events, or at least fests, the GM can replace tokens... how could it not be so for this one too!? I lost over 60 tokens because of that. Some ppl on glff said it was working for them, so I would go back to it, and viola! It was still broken!!! Field 2 was also not announcing the goals.

And I think it is just *wrong* that if the other team doesn't score a goal, that ur team doesn't get the 10 extra tokens!!! I really think the idea of 1 token per goal would help that.

I really, really, really enjoyed this when there were even teams, the chic stayed in the field, and the field wasn't broken!!! Hahaha... it is a really fun game. I hate that we are being cruel to a chic, but that's what Tolkien imagined!! And I am really hoping Turbine will stick to it's intent and bring this into play once a month That would be grand!!! It is something kins can do together besides raiding, that even low lvls can participate in. And I talked to way more ppl during that weekend than I have in a year!!!

I also really do like the reward ideas!! I think that is important to know too. They are just too costly as a whole. And btw, those special chic tokens? The only ppl that really got those were the dedicated AFKers, except for the white chic token. So, ya, that's not good either.

Thank for the fun Turbine!!!

Prices are far far too high for the items.. this put me off playing afer a couple of hours play... I did not get a single item from the game

I want my tokens to go in my barter wallet. I should be able to earn all the tokens I need without having to trade them. The tokens nèed to be bound to my account

I wpuld prefer it if the game was played in a seperate instance. With a instance que system put in place like other games have for pvp.. so that my kinship can play a game together all as one team if we wanted

I do not want to see loremaster pets captains heralds or cosmetic pets on the field.

I want a targeting box for the chickens so that I can see how many chickens are in play so I can easily taget them. I would like the game hens to be different colours.

I would like the chicken to bounce or walk away from the side. Or the chicken to be thrown back in if it touches the sides for too long

I would like to see a daily sesstion play option or quest to play as a chicken from sandersons farm to rescue the poor chickens held in captivity for such a cruel sport. The reward to the player could be confiscated hob tokens

The game is far too long

Have festival deeds and titles ie have a deed for fowling a player with eggs a hundred times

Put all the vendors and barterors in one place

If we must have the pick up a stick mechanic. Why not have the stick start the quest

Have the reputation deeds give tokens

I am anoyed that a cosmetic version of the cloak of cluck is been offered after I worked hard in chicken play sesstions to get the item. Atleast time chicken sesstion play into the game.

This festival was not on long enough to earn anything can we atleast make it every 4 weeks ?

The hob game was poorly advertised in game which reduced player numbers
    Last edited by rougeredmage; May 15 2014 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    People standing afk constantly is a problem but please don't make the tokens bound. It's very fun to be able to trade and share I came across a team who were trying to get a chicken token of a certain colour to drop because one of them really really wanted it, and I met another person who was gathering tokens to help a friend buy a pet chicken
    I also really liked the fact that the tokens were not bound - and I helped a friend to gather tokens for a pet.

If you have a team of close friends, you may choose to play a few matches together and gather all the tokens to get something (like a pet) for one person. This way you can all sooner get to see what the reward looks like, and it is much faster (and may be actually more fun) this way. There is a potential for some nice social play.

Well, it all depends on the people. With a good pack of friends you can have a lot of fun even when the game has flaws - but if each of us thinks only about himself, it is very hard to enforce a fair play with mechanics.

Why Hobnanigans arenot that funny as it could be:

It was designed for short time event like a festival, not for a long time rewards - after 100x game it really is not funny anymore.
    That is the reason why festivals are 1x per a year, because ppl are willing to repeat for a short time funny quests, because they know it will take the whole another year for them to be able to repeat and they are more concentrated at one place.
    After making it more often and after adding so many of cosmetics with rewards unreachable during a week most of ppl lost their interest.
    Please make it like that again. Thank you.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast