We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XinaLA View Post
    It better be a long period of time. I have a terrible time trying to click and target the chicken in a crowd. Someone suggested F10, but that tends to target the NPC quest givers and vendors. I've even had it target members of the opposing team, which I assume is a bug. Anyway, it was a lot of F10 cycling before I "found" the chicken. Also, if someone has a bout of network lag, there is no point in booting them, because you won't get a replacement player. It's better for the team to give them a chance to recover and come back.
    I think 60 seconds should be sufficient to ensure people are getting time to run around, and to use skills.

For targeting I've found the easiest way to grab the chicken sometimes is to click on any other player, and then select their target.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivien View Post
    first of all to me most frustrating is when i enter the field, and after minute i realize that i'm the only one playing in my team. people or disappear, or just go afk and come back to repeat the quest later, and go afk again for easy tokens. to me no bugs are spoiling the game as much as this. whole those 10 minutes go to waste then. it would be really sweet if those who dont participate would be after some time teleported out, and if the game doesnt have enough people on the field or they ran off before the game started, it could reset. i find myself playing 1 v 3 and 2 v 4 too often. or perhaps token for each goal scored would motivate those afk guys to actually play..
    I've found the exact same problem.. There are players who are accepting the quest to begin the game, go afk and just stand there, then as soon as the game is over they'll no longer be afk and run off to ruin another game. It's really frustrating when you're trying to win and someone from your team just can't be bothered. So what you end up with is 2v3 or 1v3.. In my last game, most of the players left before it had even began and it actually ended up being 1v1. Getting tokens for taking part is a great incentive to ensure everyone gets something, but there are some who see it as an easy way to make tokens without needing to do anything.

I would like to see some way of the game taking care of these situations because they just act as deterrants for those who do want to play.

If a player leaves the field before the game starts then the quest should cancel for them and a stick respawn for someone else to take the place.

If someone goes afk in the game, they should be automatically removed. This can be determined by a combination of character movement and 'batting'. If the character hasn't moved from its position for 30s then they should be booted. Even if a player is struggling to hit the chicken they'll likely be moving. If they're moving but haven't hit the chicken for 1min then they should be booted too. That gives people a reasonable amount of time to get involved and target the chicken etc. This should stop people using auto-run to avoid the 'afk' detection.

The problem arises with what to do when a player has been booted. With the physics around the fields no one can enter to take up the position, so perhaps some sort of debuff could be applied to the opposite team to try and balance the sport when you end up with 2v3 or 5v6? Something like an increased cooldown might work, meaning that although there are more on one team, they'll not be able to hit as often. Players that are booted or map-out should have the quest auto-cancel so they have no chance of getting any tokens at the end of the game.

Considering that players are doing these actions deliberately and in full knowledge of how this impacts other players, perhaps instances where these are taking place should be reported:
    4. While playing the Game or participating in related services, you may not exhibit or partake in behavior that is disruptive to the Game’s normal playability, causes grief or alarm to other players, or degrades the service performance or other players’ client software (for example, deliberately using game bugs or loopholes to disrupt the game or dropping excessive items).

Code of Conduct
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Galuhad | Narvelan[/B]
    Lore Breakers of Eldar[/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/list.php?skinnerid=3762"]Plugins[/URL] | [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?538975-Accounts-for-New-Players"]New Player Guide[/URL] | [URL="http://www.twitch.tv/galuhad"]Twitch[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

I'm not sure if this will work but I recommend a Substitute quest to be available if someone gets booted from the team that had the person afk or leaves the game and the substitute would be ported there to take his place. Maybe this will help but I'm not sure lol.
    - Second Marshall Battalion-1 ( Currently Semi-retired from Lotro )

I've updated a number of pieces in my feedback. So figured I would quote it so its not just burried on another page.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    So I've run a couple dozen games of Hobnanigans and here are my findings.

First the bugs

1. Before the game starts if a player picks up a stick and then leaves the arena, logs off or goes link dead their stick is 'lost'. It does not respawn on the field for a new player to pick up. So instead of a 3v3 or 6v6 match this gets wittled down all the way to a 1v0 match.

2. During a game if your client locks up, crashes or you go link dead when you return into the game you are left w/o a stick and kicked out. You get no points for participating at all.

3. The physics of hitting the chicken can be very frustrating. It works more like a strange billiards game than a game of Hockey or Soccer/Football. We can only swing at the chicken when we are facing it. Yet as we are starting to swing if the chicken is in the air it will be 'deflected' or 'super hit' based on where the chicken is in relation to us at the moment our swing completes. This means that if the chicken is flying over us and is behind us at the moment ouru swing finishes we can hit it in the direction our opponent wants super hitting it.

4. Field 3 is bugged. It does not show the score and will not rewards the winning team 10 extra tokens or anything but the you played tokens.

5. Chickens can get stuck up in mid air along the sides of the arena and goal posts. If there is only one chicken in that round the game is stalled at whatever the score currently is for the remainder of the game. They can also get knocked out of the field entirely.

6. Players Skills are usable during the fights. Every player is able to use their 'break out' skills to escape from being Stunned.

7. The in game team cloaks are not always visible and not always the correct color. If a player changes their outfits there are some which will result in the cloak vanishing and leaving them bald.

8. On Vendors the Cloaks and Quivers are dyable. Similarly the Quivers are not defaulted to Red or Blue but are a generic brown.

Now thoughts on the game.

1. For the 6v6 field... It would be very nice to force us into a fellowship or put indicators on our minimap for Red and Blue teams. Is this something that could be done?

2. JWB said that the prices are meant to make some thigns obtainable in one weekend and others after multiple weekends. That being said the 'one weekend' rewards prices for Hobnanigans makes this 'fun' event far to much of a grind. It costs almost 300-600 tokens for anything good. If you are unlucky and never win that is 60 matches for just the most Basic Chicken Pet! The most expensive costs 3,000 tokens! Rewards like the Club, Quiver and the White Chicken should be a bit cheaper than they are. Its prohibitive to a more casual player with the current 300-600 token prices.

3. It feels like with these Field quests we are stuck waiting in the fields indefinitely. You never know how long it will be until more players will come and if you leave you lose both the quest and the stick you were using. It would be very nice... if we could wander around the Hobnanigans area and go to the different vendors while we are waiting. Then if we aren't at the field when the last stick is picked up teleport us into the arena.

4. These Festival Food recipes are all single use

Suggestions

1. For Festival Foods give Cooks Guild Recipes with like a week cooldown on them for a stack of 10. Or change the recipes to require a festival item we have to barter for and remove the Single Use aspect of it(Similar to Scholar Fireworks).

2. Give us Map Markers for players on our team and opponents. This is especially needed for the 6v6 fields.

3. Remove a 6v6 field and give us a 2v2 and 1v1 field.

4. For this being a Once a Month event I think is a really good idea. But please make sure it doesn't fall at the same time as another Festival. It would make everyone who wants to do either split their focus.

5. When the Hobnanigans Auto Skill Bar populates please have it fill to the right instead of from the left. Many players play using the skill bar and when a new skill is added on the left it shifts the skills we were about to click over so we select the wrong skill.

6. It would be nice to know what Housing Items and Pets are which. Why not have a display with the exact names of each of these like there was at Winter Home for the Yule Festival?

7. I mentioned this in the LiveStream Chat for TTHTI but figured I'd add it here also. How about for the Anniversary of the Boston Marathon or around it have a Hobnanigans event but have the Team Cloaks be the One Fund cloak instead. I know this would require some code changing I'm just not sure how much it would take to alter the cloaks being used for the teams. Its just a thought of something that would be a nice nod and support.

8. Once the game starts a visible timer would be nice to have.

9. A Score Board added to the quest would be nice. Similar to Epic Battles/Big Battle quest objectives.

10. There needs to be more incentive for players who are constantly stuck on losing teams. Maybe award 1 extra token for every point scored by your team.

11. It would be nice to have an option for the winning team to stay in for the next game instead of being usurpred by people waiting.

12. A token exchange for the different Chicken Tokens would be nice. Let us barter for the normal tokens or for other chicken tokens.

13. In the event of a Tie the 'winner 10 tokens' should be split up and everyone should get a 'tie bonus of 5 tokens'.

14. This game is all about position and moving across the field. As such running backwards needs to be sped up its really a tip toe right now as opposed to running. As a Soccer player, Ultimate Frisbee player, Track sprinter I know running backwards should be a LOT faster than it is right now.

15. There needs to be is a 'ready check' after the last stick is picked up. This will act just like group ready checks and after a minute that person fails the check and is removed from that arena with their stick put back down for a new player to take. Only after all 6 in a 3v3 and all 12 in a 6v6 have hit OK will the game begin.16

16. Make the Ref and towns people around the game unselectable. This will make it easier with 'select nearest npc' to target the game hen.

Questions

1. With the Festival Food Banquet tables is there a limited quantity of food? What does the Hobnanings Banquet have on it?

2. What is the point of Reputation for Hobnanigans? I've not spotted anything that had a rep requirement or rep discount on it yet. (Edit) Ok so this controls bartering for Chicken Tokens. Why not use this to control more than just the chicken token barter. That would allow for the prices to come down from their high numbers some.
    Last edited by PKCrichton; May 10 2014 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    I've found the exact same problem.. There are players who are accepting the quest to begin the game, go afk and just stand there, then as soon as the game is over they'll no longer be afk and run off to ruin another game. It's really frustrating when you're trying to win and someone from your team just can't be bothered. So what you end up with is 2v3 or 1v3.. In my last game, most of the players left before it had even began and it actually ended up being 1v1. Getting tokens for taking part is a great incentive to ensure everyone gets something, but there are some who see it as an easy way to make tokens without needing to do anything.

I would like to see some way of the game taking care of these situations because they just act as deterrants for those who do want to play.

If a player leaves the field before the game starts then the quest should cancel for them and a stick respawn for someone else to take the place.

If someone goes afk in the game, they should be automatically removed. This can be determined by a combination of character movement and 'batting'. If the character hasn't moved from its position for 30s then they should be booted. Even if a player is struggling to hit the chicken they'll likely be moving. If they're moving but haven't hit the chicken for 1min then they should be booted too. That gives people a reasonable amount of time to get involved and target the chicken etc. This should stop people using auto-run to avoid the 'afk' detection.

The problem arises with what to do when a player has been booted. With the physics around the fields no one can enter to take up the position, so perhaps some sort of debuff could be applied to the opposite team to try and balance the sport when you end up with 2v3 or 5v6? Something like an increased cooldown might work, meaning that although there are more on one team, they'll not be able to hit as often. Players that are booted or map-out should have the quest auto-cancel so they have no chance of getting any tokens at the end of the game.

Considering that players are doing these actions deliberately and in full knowledge of how this impacts other players, perhaps instances where these are taking place should be reported:
    4. While playing the Game or participating in related services, you may not exhibit or partake in behavior that is disruptive to the Game’s normal playability, causes grief or alarm to other players, or degrades the service performance or other players’ client software (for example, deliberately using game bugs or loopholes to disrupt the game or dropping excessive items).

Code of Conduct
    The AFK situation is a lot harder to deal with than you all think it is. What justifies AFK, how long is it... What about players who aren't afk but have actually gone linkdead/crashed. If the game kicks them out before the quest is done they get no credit even if they've been playing. Many people step away after waiting at the game for more than 2 minutes or alt tab out. You shouldn't just have a way to kick them out during the game itself. Many of you are saying if you don't use your chicken skills for a minute... Well depending on how you and your team are playing the game I've had multiple minutes where I've never use a single skill because of strategic reasons. Should I be kicked out of the match because I'm playing defence and watching for the chicken being super hit to my side of the field? I think not.

What there needs to be is a 'ready check' after the last stick is picked up. This will act just like group ready checks and after a minute that person fails the check and is removed from that arena with their stick put back down for a new player to take. Only after all 6 in a 3v3 and all 12 in a 6v6 have hit OK will the game begin.

Great post PK.

I was thinking about they should have a field for 2v2 & 1v1. I don't mind playing on the 6v6 but maybe get rid one of those & add a 2v2 & 1v1.

This has turned into a huge grind. I been at this since Thursday, played that day plus yesterday morning, evening & this morning. Had enough tokens for 2 cosmetics- 450 tokens total. That is just too much imo. The cosmetic stick for example is just ridiculous in cost of 300 tokens. I am just burned out & not even bother play tonight & probably won't tomorrow.

I haven't seen huge problems with AFKers on Landroval during the times I've been playing (yes, there have been a few). What I've seen happen more often is for people to take a stick, and then when the game doesn't start right away, leave the field. This doesn't replace the stick, and so when the game finally *does* start, it is already imbalanced from the beginning.

However, I will also say that this happened in a 3v3 match where the actual players left were 3vs1 instead. One of the blue players started playing on the red side, making it 2v2 and it actually turned out to the most fun match that I had today. 2v2 seems to be a 'sweet spot' in terms of field size/chickens. Something to think about for the future.

I don't know if this would be possible, but if there could be some sort of phasing/layering and a Game Master, where you can join a field remotely (which could mean permanently sealed invisible walls) (and an exit port device before the game starts). The Game Master could have as many games as needed, so it always has only 1 game of each size that is not yet filled, so if you want that size, players wont get split between multiple ones. Then there could be an option to join the next closest to full game. After a field gets the allotted number of players, there would be a ready check, which lasts maybe 30 seconds or a minute (as PKcrichton said), and after that, any that do not confirm ready, will be kicked out and the game will be reopened with any slots that were freed. Once the ready check is completed, then the sticks would spawn, and each person could pick any stick, on either side (they would have a persistent buff while on that field, and get a 5min CD debuff so you cant spam join and leave, to prevent griefing). You could leave at any time by right clicking your vitals and using the Leave Field control, like Leave Instance (this will likely not be abused because there is no logical reason to do it at all; using this could also give a debuff that reduces your next game's rewards by 20%). When the game is over, you simply get teleported back to the Game Master.

Visually it could either show any game that is going on, or any game being built. (might be kind of hard, but I would say 2 or 3 spare instances for each field type - with the normal, populated layer being the priority)
    Baldigar, 105 Burglar on Landroval

This is the third night that I've tried to play Hobnanigans. Frankly, the AFKers, boxers, and most likely botters, are ruining this game for everybody else. Every time I've been to the grounds, three of the fields have been occupied by players with similar names, nonsensical names, or the same kinship name. Making these tokens bind on acquire, if not bound to account, would alleviate the biggest problem with Hobnanigans. Frankly, I won't be playing it while this continues. This was not the glorious return of Hobnanigans that I had expected.

Having played this mini-game a lot it has reaffirmed to me that the worst thing about MMOs is the other players. The game has a lot of potential however the way that it is being exploited by players is disgusting and removes most of the potential fun from the event. The desire to win at all costs seems to have been encouraged by the potential rewards and it has definitely brought out the worst in people. The only effective way of targetting (F10 - nearest NPC) is now being largely defeated by the presence of player pets on the field. I just watched a game with a team with 3 LMs and 2 Captains on the same side all with pets out.

All too many people are taking the stick and just going afk. In a recent game I was the only non-afk player on my 6-person team. Some of it could be the monotony of waiting for a game to get enough people to start but definitely some of it is deliberate. I have watched some people move from field to field going afk on each during the game.

Also since there is no training game for people to try, those who might like the chance to practice and learn it are being driven off by the win-at-all-cost brigade who shout at them when they do anything wrong or are not quick enough to assist. A real shame. It is day 2 and the majority of the fields are already deserted on my server.

This is a fun game though and with a few refinements it could be great.

I agree with those who think that the games are too long. I would prefer 5 minutes which would offer a faster pace of game with the chance that the extra skills that open up might have a chance to make a real impact, Currently by the time you get the second skill most games are already decided. Also if something odd happens, like the chicken who dropped outside the game arena into an unplayable area, then you have to twiddle thumbs for too long before the game finally ends. Overall ten minutes feels just too much like conscription rather voluntarily having a good time.

All player skills should be disabled whilst on the hobnanigans field and pets should be automatically de-summoned. Not only does their presence make targetting difficult but it is often hard to see what is going on. Stopping all non-Hobnanigan skills on the field would prevent most exploits from LMs from using stun immunity to avoid eggs to hunters leaving the field entirely during the match without the game noticing.

There needs to be a way to allow all players to easily target the Game Hen (ball). F10 would work if there were no pets allowed and the referee was untargetable. Otherwise there should be a fixed period between the game hen appearing and it being playable which would give opportunity for everyone to have time to select it without others surrounding it first.

Whilst I am aware real sports do have potential for an own-goal scenario, right now it is unrealistically easy to occur in Hobnanigans and the game favors those with faster computers or response times. If you are facing east and push to send the ball east but someone is faster and now sends it west, when your contribution is assessed it is added to the westerly push rather than either reducing that momentum or being entirely neutralized. You have wasted your cooldown and helped the opposing team, a double penalty and all because you were not as fast to the press as another player. Ideally your keypress would be negated if you are not on the same team as the person who pressed first, this would submit new players to a lot less abuse for unknowingly help the chicken land halfway down the field in front of their goal.

Finally some sort of intro quest or training mode is really called for. New players really need to get a chance to practice hitting the chicken and coping with mechanics like the changing skills, moving wagons etc before they actually get onto a real field with more experienced players who may not be wholly tolerant.

A suggestion might be to rotate rather than add the extra skils during matches. Right now I find the Egg favors those PVP types who are better at multi-targetting and gives them too major advantage throughout the whole of the match when the Egg is the second skill. If there were only two skills available throughout the duration of the game but the second skill changed periodically then all playstyles would have equal chance and the impact of a specific skill on the game outcome wouldnt be so major.

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post

Code of Conduct
    Yep, there needs to be real consequences for these types of actions. These people really disgust me.

I bought a Reward bonus token for 2 MC from the vendor. I went to the field and took the quest for blue team. The blue stick started to glitter. I tried to pick it up but it gave me a "can't do that yet" message. I cancelled the quest and tried again, no luck. I tried at another field, no luck. I relogged to see if this would solve the problem.

My bonus was gone. I lost my 2 MC. I contacted a GM who told me there was nothing they could do -- they could neither refund the 2 MC nor give me another Reward boost.

Bugs aren't fun, but bugs that cause monetary loss are especially not fun.

By the way, the 6x6 field is the most fun. Please don't remove all of them.

I bought a Reward bonus token for 2 MC from the vendor. I went to the field and took the quest for blue team. The blue stick started to glitter. I tried to pick it up but it gave me a "can't do that yet" message. I cancelled the quest and tried again, no luck. I tried at another field, no luck. I relogged to see if this would solve the problem.

My bonus was gone. I lost my 2 MC. I contacted a GM who told me there was nothing they could do -- they could neither refund the 2 MC nor give me another Reward boost.

The tooltip says that the boost is lost when you log out... that isn't helpful or consolatory for you, but they already stated that in the game. But still sorry for you for loosing money for nothing...

I noticed that /bug happens if you leave one field to go to another. For instance, today a kin mate and I were on field 1 waiting when someone advertised need 2 on field 4... since no one else was on field 1 we just left and ran over to field 4... alas... we couldn't grab the clubs.... We canceled all hobnonigans quests and waited the 5 minutes and it resolved the issue. Still /bugged it though

As far as the 2 mithril, I lost 2 on friday when my power cut out for a brownout. Stinks.
    If you want, you can probably call CS and explain it was bugged, you filed a report and see if they can refund you
    Welcome to Maitenance Mode
    Me: Please Add Draigoch Scales to the Skrimish Camp or Rep Barter Vendors in Dunland We are 30 Levels Past that Content
    Other forum members: You want it... do the content
    Me: Yeah I see your point
    Other forum members: Please add trait points to the store and more valor options so we dont have to run content
    Me: O.o ... Seriously?

And when the Devs make fun of how buggy it is in Bingo that should tell you something
    Peace Love and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    I noticed that /bug happens if you leave one field to go to another. For instance, today a kin mate and I were on field 1 waiting when someone advertised need 2 on field 4... since no one else was on field 1 we just left and ran over to field 4... alas... we couldn't grab the clubs.... We canceled all hobnonigans quests and waited the 5 minutes and it resolved the issue. Still /bugged it though
    It isn't a bug, it's part of the mechanics.

Two independent cooldowns are in play together. The first is the quest itself, if cancelled from within the log you have to wait 5 mins to pick it up again, it's common knowledge that running away from the field means you can grab it right away. The second cooldown which I presume you've not noticed, is that as soon as you grab a stick you get give a 'Playing Hobnanigans' buff that lasts for 5 mins. If during that time you run to another field to take part there, you will not be able to pick up a stick even if one if available until that buff expires.

It's obviously intended to make it less attractive to people dropping and grabbing multiple sticks to force a game to start within a few minutes even if on their own, as you'd have to wait 5 mins each time, which itself has been /bugged as not being infallible.
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

AFK players are ruining the game.

There can be up to 5 players in a 6 player game AFK at one time earning tokens for doing nothing. The problem is that if even one player goes AFK it ruins the game because the other side has an unfair advantage.

It's rife on my server (Gladden) and some of the players are even from the same kinship all in a line doing nothing. They shouldn't be getting rewarded for doing this!!

My suggestion would be to make Hobnanigans an instanced game that you have to Q for via the instance finder. That way you would have more control over the arena and the ability to kick AFK players on a timer or something. You might want to look at rewarding players for goals or assists or offensive yardage so it rewards participation and teamwork but is not open to abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    This just really disappoints me. Are people really that lame? I think what we need is for the game to boot any player that doesn't hit a skill for a certain amount of time.
    I agree--but I'd qualify it by adding the qualifier that the player must also be stationary, so that less skilled Hobnanigans players like me don't get booted when we're trying. /chagrined

Smile

Funny game, nice ideas and rewards.
    But still bugged, and needed improvement for real fun.

The barter prices are much too high for some better items.
    It is feeling that I have playing for weeks, real time, to get some of the nicest cosmetics, emotes and pets.

Player pets on the field and AFK ruins the game too.
    An AFK in match own the same value as an active losing player?!

Made the playing field walls bounceable for the chicken will be much more enjoyable then this continious useless chicken hitting over minutes at the walls or in corners.

Nice mini game, but some fine-tuning needed!

The game is fun, when people actually play and don't exploit bugs.

For example, last night I tried to play some games before I logged out. There was an open spot on a 6v6 field so I signed up. When the game started, everyone on my team except me was afk and 2 players on the other team weren't afk. Because it was 2v1, they scored quickly. Shortly after, the chicken ended up out of bounds and everyone stood around until the game ended.

I thought it was an accident until the next game when it was the same teams, the same 2v1 at the start, and the same 2 players scored and then kicked the chicken out of bounds in the exact same spot and went afk. For the third game, I defended the out of bounds glitch spot as long as i could until the stun egg power popped and they just stunned me and kicked it out of bounds and afked. Wandering around the fields after this, I saw the same thing was happening on every field except the 3v3 that is broken so there is no winner.

When the game is working, it is a fun little distraction so hopefully some of the bugs/exploits can be cleaned up for next time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000d8e5b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I played the first day and had a lot of fun. Went back on Sunday and left in disgust. The first game had a dual boxer (all four minis with similar names in a row) parking afk characters on the field. They were smart and parked two on each team so that they would get 2 winners no matter who won. The second game had a blue player go afk ON FOLLOW on their red player friend. So we were 3 v 2 and lost. I left at that point, seeing more dual boxer lined up and looking at fields with only one or two people moving and the rest standing still. And hearing the same complaints in Regional chat from the other layers, with people begging to be transferred to different layers to TRY to find one with actual people playing. There needs to be SOMETHING done about the afk. Even removing the losing consolation 5 tokens won't work with dual boxers parking on both teams and people having friends queue on opposite teams and, I imagine, splitting the total tokens. Some of this might be fixed if they made the tokens bound. This would at least get rid of the afkers selling the tokens.

A few items I'd like to suggest to help keep this fun and reduce the token grind/farming.

- declare the season to be 3 months and award different tokens each tournament of the season
    - leave the fields playable for rep only during the non-tournament days
    - rotate rewards through the tournaments of a season

I think Hobnanigans is a nice game, but it still has loads of bugs and glitches.

First of all, I think it's really annoying that almost whole of both of the teams are AFK.
    I just did a few rounds. My first round I was the only one active out of 12 people. I scored about 4 goals, then one of my team mates became active but started to score in his own goal. In the end we lost while the whole opposite team was AFK.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/j9ohag.jpg

As you can see in the picture, I am not wearing the blue hat. I became a bald Elf, that's quite ugly...
    Also some people don't get the cape or hat at all and can still participate. Quite confusing to know then in which team they are.

Next point is, that when I am standing face to face with and opponent and a chicken in between, and the opponent hits it, and immediately after they hit I hit the chicken still goes backwards (from my position). It should bounce back and go forward but it actually receives a boost backward going back twice as far as it would go with a normal hit.

Also aiming is quite hard. Sometimes you stand in front of it and it goes left, next time you stand right of it and it goes straight forward. Maybe have some kind of arrow that indicates the direction the chicken will go to?

Somehow the chicken can get on top of the bale of hay. And if it sits next to the bale you can hit it but it moves just a little bit, just like when it sits on the wall. Maybe make the bales and walls repel the chicken so that it bounces back a bit. When it's in a corner it's hard to get it out when a few people are slamming it.

So, would it be possible to do something about the AFKers? Kick from the field when AFK?
    Maybe make it impossible to score in your own goal, to prevent people from ruining the game?

On Elendilmir both 3v3 fields are bugged, They don't count the score, and consequently, neither team is able to win and get the extra 10 tokens. One of them had been bugged for almost the entire weekend.
    [color=green]Smuggs the lackadaisa-chiukupfongcheung-burg![/color] / [color=blue]Poup the rabid flea-nest[/color] ~^-^~

Quote Originally Posted by Elazaer View Post

Next point is, that when I am standing face to face with and opponent and a chicken in between, and the opponent hits it, and immediately after they hit I hit the chicken still goes backwards (from my position). It should bounce back and go forward but it actually receives a boost backward going back twice as far as it would go with a normal hit.
    ?
    In my opinion this is a great thing and adds a lot of tactics as when to hit or not to hit. I'm often counting opponents' cooldown to hit exactly at the right time for them to prolong my strike. It's awesome!
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Elazaer View Post
    I think Hobnanigans is a nice game, but it still has loads of bugs and glitches.

First of all, I think it's really annoying that almost whole of both of the teams are AFK.
    I just did a few rounds. My first round I was the only one active out of 12 people. I scored about 4 goals, then one of my team mates became active but started to score in his own goal. In the end we lost while the whole opposite team was AFK.
    My guess is that the people who were afk were characters belonging to your team-mate which is why he made you lose, so he would get lots of tokens on his afk characters. If he had let your team win, that would be 15 less tokens for him due to you being there.

Maybe it would be possible for Turbine to add something that checks that the players are active? It can't be too strict because that would make it hard for people their first time when they don't know how to play, and for people with bad connection, but to make it so that you have to run around and hit the chicken once in a while or you won't get any tokens even if you lose?

I don't think the tokens should be bound because it's nice to see people helping friends and trading tokens between them so everyone gets what they like the most Also, later when we have had Hobnanigans for a few times and people have gotten their fav things, I'm sure many kinships will band together for tournaments to earn tokens for the larger things for the kinship house yard
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast