We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I played one round on Nimrodel rather late in the day. One player was waiting for others to show up. That player was so happy he/she ./cheered when I showed up and took the blue side. Eventually the 3v3 filled and we had a blast. No bugs, no cheats, just plain good ol' field hockey fun. I think the score was 5 to 3.

I would like to point out that this mini-game had problems and the developers worked to bring it back. This kind of an event could not and would not get decent external testing without going live, so I consider this a 'beta' event and encourage proper tickets for griefing and ./bug reports for other issues.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Hobs

Let me start this by saying, "wow." I'm not going to lie this is pretty awesome

I have not played to to much yet so keep that in mind.

So I have a few suggestions I would like to make. (well 3)

First suggestion would be the teams. One problem I find is when it takes a bit to get a 6v6 going some people grab the sticks, wait a bit, and then leave. And in the case when somebody leaves and doesn't return, a pole is missing and kind of disrupts the team balance and fairness.

So my suggestion for this one would be after you accept the quest and grab a stick as soon as you leave the arena/log out that the quest will be abanded (with a no cd on the quest)and the stick will reappear in the arena. This way the teams should always be balanced unless somebody goes AFK which you can't really help. (Now haven't played to to much so this could be the case but doesn't appear to be)

The second suggestion would be lowering the price of Hand held chickens to 10 maybe they seem to be a tiny bit over priced for not being much more then cosmetic (timed) but maybe this is just me.

Last and most complicated of the problems would be in the actual game when the chicken is mashed up against a side/corner of an arena and the players are stuck striking a chicken that is going back and forth between the two teams and is what you might call a stale chicken. This period of stale mate could last for a minute or possibly more.

Another problem is when the chicken is in a corner which leads to another stale chicken of not being able to get the chicken in the goal because there is only 2 ways to go forward which is either more into the corner or smashed up against the wall (poor chicken

So my suggestion for these 2 problems would be 1: remove corners completely and transition the goal more towards the wall so the wall leads directly to the goal with no corner interference.

The second suggestion for the wall would be adding some type of trampoline or we could say a rubberband to where if the chicken is hit to the wall it bounces off a bit so this way there would be no stale chickens mashed up against the wall with no way out. Also I know bugs are still being worked out and stuff but a few times the chicken did escape the arena and nobody bothered to go chase it down with yet another chicken remaining (aka nobody could get out to get it)

Also another thing is people with cloaks turned on never got there cloaks turned the the team color which needs fixing

Well that pretty much wraps up my thoughts except I would request some way to fry the chicken after to put it out of its misery. Anyone? No. Ok.
    [IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz274/williamwegertjr/signigture_zps382aa4d5.jpg[/IMG]

In addition to everything already mentioned, maybe some improvements to the system could be:

1) You join a field, but cannot pick the team yourself. The field shuffels automatically as soon as sufficient players have joined.
    2) If you want to join with a pre-made team, it can only be against another pre-made team. So either you join as an individual player, or as a team against team.
    3) Winning on field 1, 2, 3 or 4 should yield the same amount of tokens, that way all fields will be equally popular.
    4) The losing team now receives the least amount of tokens and no chicken tokens. I am not into pvp because of my dislike of the player competitive element (though I like the competitive element against the game), making this game a bit of a challenge but because it's so much fun it's quite ok for even a hardcore pve-er. However it would be nice if the losing team would receive some surprise drops now and again, like a chicken token as a consolation prize. That way, losing some matches might be more rewarding than winning, except that no one knows beforehand which losing match will be yielding a surprise reward.
    5) The rounds would benefit from being shorter. 5 or 6 minutes is more than enough. This would prevent players from going afk once they see they are on the losing side and don't want to waste more time on it.

All in all a nice addition to the festivals, that can become quite enjoyable once the bugs are ironed out and the rules firmly enforced. Cheers!
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

Thank you for this nice and funny game, devs!

I hope you had as much fun developing it. I try to imagine how it was played for the very first time amongst you folks in "alpha". Must have been funny from the first moment of its existence. The same goes for the Beer-clubbing in Thorin's Hall. When I played that one for the first time, I could hardly hit anyone, because I was shaken by laughing tears.

How did you manage to finish the code of these events without getting yourselves "bruised and contused"?
    [B]Pepys[/B]
    [COLOR=#40e0d0][SIZE=1]"Someday I'm going to move to Michel Delving
    and leave all this behind". - (Hobbit in Waymeet)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Great fun, yes the chicken does get bugged outside occasionally, but how about an open spar one too? Where we could use our skills against the other team with death resulting in just a small down time, just seems like might be fun.
    Anat ~ Damspider, The Black Blade
    Teslafoil ~ Allure, WeGotThis

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war"

Quote Originally Posted by Svella View Post
    Depicting violence again common, defenseless animals is disgusting.
    Enabling people - and even encouraging them - to participate in such behaviour is even more disgusting.
    Oh if chicken hockey riles you then you probably wouldn't like my kitten-cannon much. I keep it next to my gerbil-bazooka.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but something I noticed earlier today while playing. If someone has something on their back, be it a quiver or a cloak, the game cloak does not show up. Instead you'll only see whatever they are wearing on their back.

This makes it hard to tell who's on your team.

Also, switch the flags, so that the blue sticks go towards the blue flags and the red sticks go towards the red sticks. It's currently opposite at the moment and can be confusing to folks.
    Nyn of Arkenstone
    2013 Player Council Member
    Often Unfortunate (but sometimes Successful) Member of The Dead Hobbit Society

Quote Originally Posted by Svella View Post
    Depicting violence again common, defenseless animals is disgusting.
    Enabling people - and even encouraging them - to participate in such behaviour is even more disgusting.
    You'll notice that the chickens never die, nor get injured. These are mighty chickens indeed. No need to be concerned.

A few other things I thought of.

There are flags on the side of the field where the fireworks launchers are, which I at first took to be the goals. Several minutes of frustration trying to kick the chicken through a non-existent goal. Perhaps these could be moved to the other ends of the field where the real goals are.

Each team member should get 1 bonus token per goal their team scores to encourage losing teams to keep trying... BUT up to a maximum of 5 per game, to avoid multiboxers being unduly rewarded for blasting dozens of goals through the "opposing" team. Or possibly consider ending the game once one team gets up to 5/10/whatever goals. Right now there is little incentive to keep trying once your team is down by a pile of goals with 6 minutes to go.

I ended up becoming cloakless and bald at some point, apparently due to the game trying to fiddle cloak colors around. Needs work.

Players who join a team and then cancel the quest need to have their sticks returned to the field for others to be able to use.

The title log says you earn "chicken chaser" or "flying feathers champion" for winning a game for that team, but I earned one of them despite losing the game.

I walked through the hobnanigans area a few months ago and noticed that there were barter vendors marked on my mini-map despite not actually standing there. The only one I recall was "face painting" which I was disappointed to not see when the game went live. Technical issues?

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Oh if chicken hockey riles you then you probably wouldn't like my kitten-cannon much. I keep it next to my gerbil-bazooka.
    I was rather wondering why such things weren't being said about us butchering countless numbers of humans, dwarves, etc. in the course of the rest of the game.

At least the chickens don't die and don't seem fazed. They just sit there and wait for the next round. Maybe they like it?
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

It might also be nice to get a format where we had 'all' the skills available from the start of the match (as in, all the randomly granted ones, available for the entire match!)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I did bug this and it seems it has been brought up (although I did not go 4 pages of posts), the sticks need to be returned to play once someone picks one up and then leaves the field failing (resetting) the quest.

By doing this any person can screw up a game played on that field by causing one or both teams to be short. It can also be abused by having one stick left on a field means one person can play get a couple of goals and get the winning rewards.

Unfortunately this also seems to be the only way to reset the fields once they are missing a few sticks.

I would have really liked to try the 6v6 fields, but both of those had the majority of sticks missing on the first day.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000048e9/01001/signature.png]Duglarick[/charsig]

Thank you for finally bringing hobnanigans back! I have been wanting to play it ever since I heard about it a few years ago! The game itself is easy to play and is really fun... once you get a game going. That part is a little bit harder. You either don't have enough players or you have too many and there is no room available on the field. Some players are guilty of stealing sticks and making the matches uneven.

Some of the prizes might take me a while to get but that is fine with me. The tokens are tradable so I think the price of rewards are reasonable.
    [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/nedkrr.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by NynofArk View Post
    switch the flags, so that the blue sticks go towards the blue flags and the red sticks go towards the red sticks. It's currently opposite at the moment and can be confusing to folks.
    I don't find it confusing at all. When you pick up a red stick, you face the blue flag and your back is to the red flag. Why? For the same reason why in most team sports that have goals, your back is to your own goal. You're defending your goal, the other team is defending theirs. Your objective is to go to the opposite team's goal.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001968dc/signature.png]Mathilanakh[/charsig]

~Main characters~ Arkenstone: Sansanor, 100 Hunter; Mathilanakh, R11 Warg

I, for one, love Hobnanigans, and am glad it's been brought into the game. I do have a couple suggestions, though.

First, as others have pointed out, the chickens get stuck. If there were invisible walls just inside the fence going around the field, so that the chicken cannot get stuck against the fence or the two pillars, that'd help with the flow of the game. It doesn't have to be very far into the field.

If the bird goes flying out of the field, or to the top of the goal posts, as it has on numerous occasions, perhaps add to the mechanics of the game that it's gone out of bounds and resets to the middle of the field again. That way it doesn't disrupt the game if there's only one bird on the field at that time.

Finally, please add to the UI a scoreboard to keep visual tally for us which team has how many points, only visible to those who are playing on that particular field.

Oh, and please let it be active during all the festivals, not just once a month. It'd be another activity during the festival and to help break up the monotony of the daily grind for other things.

Thanks for adding it back to the game!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070100001968dc/signature.png]Mathilanakh[/charsig]

~Main characters~ Arkenstone: Sansanor, 100 Hunter; Mathilanakh, R11 Warg

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but something I noticed earlier today while playing. If someone has something on their back, be it a quiver or a cloak, the game cloak does not show up. Instead you'll only see whatever they are wearing on their back.

This makes it hard to tell who's on your team.

Also, switch the flags, so that the blue sticks go towards the blue flags and the red sticks go towards the red sticks. It's currently opposite at the moment and can be confusing to folks.
    The game is field hockey, and like rugby or either Australian or American (rugby derived) football, you score when your team puts the ball in the defender's goal. 'Own' goals count for the opposition. Blue team defends the blue goal and the red team defends the red goal. Your way would confuse a lot of North Americans and Australians used to rugby style games.

In the round I played, my team had a blue rune over their heads and the red team had a red one. I never mistook team players. Cloaks? I don't remember them at all, though they should match the team.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

So I've run a couple dozen games of Hobnanigans and here are my findings.

First the bugs

1. Before the game starts if a player picks up a stick and then leaves the arena, logs off or goes link dead their stick is 'lost'. It does not respawn on the field for a new player to pick up. So instead of a 3v3 or 6v6 match this gets wittled down all the way to a 1v0 match.

2. During a game if your client locks up, crashes or you go link dead when you return into the game you are left w/o a stick and kicked out. You get no points for participating at all.

3. The physics of hitting the chicken can be very frustrating. It works more like a strange billiards game than a game of Hockey or Soccer/Football. We can only swing at the chicken when we are facing it. Yet as we are starting to swing if the chicken is in the air it will be 'deflected' or 'super hit' based on where the chicken is in relation to us at the moment our swing completes. This means that if the chicken is flying over us and is behind us at the moment ouru swing finishes we can hit it in the direction our opponent wants super hitting it.

4. Field 3 is bugged. It does not show the score and will not rewards the winning team 10 extra tokens or anything but the you played tokens.

5. Chickens can get stuck up in mid air along the sides of the arena and goal posts. If there is only one chicken in that round the game is stalled at whatever the score currently is for the remainder of the game. They can also get knocked out of the field entirely.

6. Players Skills are usable during the fights. Every player is able to use their 'break out' skills to escape from being Stunned.

7. The in game team cloaks are not always visible and not always the correct color. If a player changes their outfits there are some which will result in the cloak vanishing and leaving them bald.

8. On Vendors the Cloaks and Quivers are dyable. Similarly the Quivers are not defaulted to Red or Blue but are a generic brown.

Now thoughts on the game.

1. For the 6v6 field... It would be very nice to force us into a fellowship or put indicators on our minimap for Red and Blue teams. Is this something that could be done?

2. JWB said that the prices are meant to make some thigns obtainable in one weekend and others after multiple weekends. That being said the 'one weekend' rewards prices for Hobnanigans makes this 'fun' event far to much of a grind. It costs almost 300-600 tokens for anything good. If you are unlucky and never win that is 60 matches for just the most Basic Chicken Pet! The most expensive costs 3,000 tokens! Rewards like the Club, Quiver and the White Chicken should be a bit cheaper than they are. Its prohibitive to a more casual player with the current 300-600 token prices.

3. It feels like with these Field quests we are stuck waiting in the fields indefinitely. You never know how long it will be until more players will come and if you leave you lose both the quest and the stick you were using. It would be very nice... if we could wander around the Hobnanigans area and go to the different vendors while we are waiting. Then if we aren't at the field when the last stick is picked up teleport us into the arena.

4. These Festival Food recipes are all single use

Suggestions

1. For Festival Foods give Cooks Guild Recipes with like a week cooldown on them for a stack of 10. Or change the recipes to require a festival item we have to barter for and remove the Single Use aspect of it(Similar to Scholar Fireworks).

2. Give us Map Markers for players on our team and opponents. This is especially needed for the 6v6 fields.

3. Remove a 6v6 field and give us a 2v2 and 1v1 field.

4. For this being a Once a Month event I think is a really good idea. But please make sure it doesn't fall at the same time as another Festival. It would make everyone who wants to do either split their focus.

5. When the Hobnanigans Auto Skill Bar populates please have it fill to the right instead of from the left. Many players play using the skill bar and when a new skill is added on the left it shifts the skills we were about to click over so we select the wrong skill.

6. It would be nice to know what Housing Items and Pets are which. Why not have a display with the exact names of each of these like there was at Winter Home for the Yule Festival?

7. I mentioned this in the LiveStream Chat for TTHTI but figured I'd add it here also. How about for the Anniversary of the Boston Marathon or around it have a Hobnanigans event but have the Team Cloaks be the One Fund cloak instead. I know this would require some code changing I'm just not sure how much it would take to alter the cloaks being used for the teams. Its just a thought of something that would be a nice nod and support.

8. Once the game starts a visible timer would be nice to have.

9. A Score Board added to the quest would be nice. Similar to Epic Battles/Big Battle quest objectives.

10. There needs to be more incentive for players who are constantly stuck on losing teams. Maybe award 1 extra token for every point scored by your team.

11. It would be nice to have an option for the winning team to stay in for the next game instead of being usurpred by people waiting.

12. A token exchange for the different Chicken Tokens would be nice. Let us barter for the normal tokens or for other chicken tokens.

13. In the event of a Tie the 'winner 10 tokens' should be split up and everyone should get a 'tie bonus of 5 tokens'.

14. This game is all about position and moving across the field. As such running backwards needs to be sped up its really a tip toe right now as opposed to running. As a Soccer player, Ultimate Frisbee player, Track sprinter I know running backwards should be a LOT faster than it is right now.

15. There needs to be is a 'ready check' after the last stick is picked up. This will act just like group ready checks and after a minute that person fails the check and is removed from that arena with their stick put back down for a new player to take. Only after all 6 in a 3v3 and all 12 in a 6v6 have hit OK will the game begin.

16. Make the Ref and towns people around the game unselectable. This will make it easier with 'select nearest npc' to target the game hen.

Questions

1. With the Festival Food Banquet tables is there a limited quantity of food? What does the Hobnanings Banquet have on it?

2. What is the point of Reputation for Hobnanigans? I've not spotted anything that had a rep requirement or rep discount on it yet. (Edit) Ok so this controls bartering for Chicken Tokens. Why not use this to control more than just the chicken token barter. That would allow for the prices to come down from their high numbers some.
    Last edited by PKCrichton; May 11 2014 at 12:23 AM.

The game would definitely benefit from more social mini-games like this. In my experience, after playing about 20 matches, perhaps one third pit evenly matched teams against one another. Those games are a blast. The next third consist of one sided matches because of AFK players or missing hockey sticks. The final third consist of skilled teams against unskilled teams, resulting in a blowout.

I have seen all of the issues described in this thread. The game may work better if the invisible walls surrounding the arena move slightly inward and gain some height. This should 'smooth out' some of the topographical 'holes' in the arena and prevent chickens from flying out of bounds. I would not remove all such 'holes' because they create interesting tactical situations. Skilled teams can get the chicken out of a corner, and corner battles are a viable tradition in games like hockey.

As mentioned, some players grab a stick and go AFK. This does not bother me if one player from the opposite team 'sits it out', but in practice, I have only seen one person besides myself sit out a game to make it fair.

Some people multi-box the event. This does not bother me when fields sit idle and games need players to start. Polite multi-boxers may, indeed, help others by getting games going when numbers are down, and then 'sit it out' with enough of their characters to make for even teams. I did this in two or three games, bringing on a second account until enough people showed up to make for quick matches. I ended up sitting out those games so as not to unbalance the teams and it was very boring.

As mentioned, some players grab a hockey stick for one side, cancel the quest, then grab a stick from the other side. In the current implementation, this has positive and negative effects. On the one hand, unsportsmanlike players can use this trick when many are about to create uneven teams. On the other, when few are about, it means three players can launch a game.

I was under the impression this game was going in a solo/casual direction, and that casual players tend to dabble with multiple characters. The reputation system strongly favors single character play and I am not understanding why this was necessary. It presumably requires 85,000 reputation to reach Kindred. At 700 points per game, that makes for 122 games. Using reputation boosts, this number drops to 61 games, or 10.2 hours of constant play, not including time required to wait on enough players. Why?

The rewards also require immense amounts of play. I thought your data showed a trend towards short game usage each day, rather than long game usage a few days a week. How can players jumping on for an hour or two each day after work possibly obtain these goals in a time sensitive event? You are once again designing systems contrary to the very demographics you claim to favor.

Some character skills help during games. I am ambivalent about this. One the one hand, when team play gets going, it will allow 'coaches' to form teams of players with all those advantages to compete against one another. That would make for some very interesting dynamics. On the other, some characters gain an advantage in pick-up games. I tested this with my lore-master and apologize to those affected by the unsporting conduct, but I wanted to know just how it affected the game. Under the current implementation, polite players will simply choose to use or not use those skills based on the situation.

I leave it to the developers to consider and implement solutions to the issues raised here and elsewhere. Polite conduct from players would solve almost all these issues, just as it solves such problems on a real basketball court or baseball diamond. The event definitely deserves praise. Thank you for taking the time to bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by sansa78 View Post
    I don't find it confusing at all. When you pick up a red stick, you face the blue flag and your back is to the red flag. Why? For the same reason why in most team sports that have goals, your back is to your own goal. You're defending your goal, the other team is defending theirs. Your objective is to go to the opposite team's goal.
    I saw several comments to my post about confusion and wanted to clear something up. *I* personally did not have a problem with it. It was clear to me what we should do. However, today while playing a game I did see at least one participate hitting their chicken into the wrong goal.

As the field sits now, blue sticks face red flag. Red sticks face blue flags. (at least on field 2 & 3 they do, haven't paid attention on 1 & 4) Red team hits the chicken towards the blue flag, blue hits the chicken towards the red. So to someone who had never played it before, I could see where the confusion could have come from. Either that or he was willingly assisting the team he was not on. To me, it would make more sense if the Blue team hits their chicken towards the blue flag, opposite of where they are. But than again, I know how to play football, and I'd think everyone would get the concept of what they are supposed to do.

Sapience asked for feedback, I was just giving mine due to what this player did. Either he got confused or he purposely hit his chicken towards the wrong goal.
    Nyn of Arkenstone
    2013 Player Council Member
    Often Unfortunate (but sometimes Successful) Member of The Dead Hobbit Society

Thanks for putting this event together. I appreciate the effort that went into it. I like the variety of items available such as cloaks, recipes, emotes, etc. I'm actually impressed with the volume of items available.

I tried it out once but couldn't really get into it. It might be that I'm not really into PVP to begin with. My character grabbed a blue stick, but ended up with a red cloak, so I was very confused about which team I was supposed to be playing for. I also agree with shortening the times of the matches. I would suggest 3-5 minutes. I would also like to have an option to be able to cancel the quest while the match is in progress and actually be able to leave. I wasn't able to leave after canceling the quest. I ended up having to log out.

While I understand that this is a good opportunity for people really into PVP, I definitely wouldn't be opposed to a PVE version of the event if that would even be possible. I would also be interested in being able to choose what we would like to use as the puck, to accommodate for the people who feel bad about hitting chickens. Maybe a very durable egg or a boot, to name a few examples. I suppose getting people to agree on what to choose would be tough...

Maybe at a later time I'll give this event another try.
    [COLOR=#00ff00][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#dda0dd][/COLOR]

This game would be a lot of fun if it wasn't for the dismally hard time I have targeting the chicken. If someone bats it behind me, I lose the target. If I don't click the action at just the right moment, I lose the target. And most of the time, at that point, the chicken's in a scrum and trying to click-target the stupid thing just gets me player after player.

Please make tab-targeting work on Game Hens. That's all I'm asking.

Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    All of the tokens are in inventory and not the barter wallet so they can be freely tradeable.
    I'd rather they be in the Barter Wallet.

Also, I find the hover bar a pain to use, I'd rather there be a bar like for mounted combat.

Better targeting for the chicken would be great, I had a heck of a time getting it to target, and stay targeted.

Match length might be a bit on the long side, it's not so bad when you have fairly even teams, but a match seems to last forever when one team is dominating another.

First, some tips:

you CAN use a keyboard key to target the chicken - Nearest NPC is the one, by default F10 IIRC
    you CAN click and drag all the chicken skills off the temp skill bar, and put them into your normal quickslots, or TonicBars plugin, then use keybinds to activate them..... the skills stay in those bars at all times, even once you leave a game.
    you DO still get your tokens if you go link dead - BUT - you must NOT log back in until the match has ended... this happened to me, twice with client crashes. First time I logged right back in and got ported out of field. Next time in another game, I logged in after 8 mins (it had been said 6 mins remained, so I played safe) and there were my tokens from that game

Now for some notes on a common issue, the fact the sticks don't respawn if a player leaves the field.... I think the reason for this is part of the fail safe for going link dead, as above. I would assume IF they made the sticks respawn when a player leaves, it would also nullify the link-dead fail safe. That's my theory anyway.
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    12. A token exchange for the different Chicken Tokens would be nice. Let us barter for the normal tokens or for other chicken tokens.

Questions

2. What is the point of Reputation for Hobnanigans? I've not spotted anything that had a rep requirement or rep discount on it yet.
    You can exchange Hobannigan Tokens for most Chicken Tokens provided you have obtained the appropriate reputation. You also get titles along the way.
    The gold quality Chicken Tokens are only available as random rare drops to the winning team.

I saw several comments to my post about confusion and wanted to clear something up. *I* personally did not have a problem with it. It was clear to me what we should do. However, today while playing a game I did see at least one participate hitting their chicken into the wrong goal...

To me, it would make more sense if the Blue team hits their chicken towards the blue flag, opposite of where they are. But than again, I know how to play football, and I'd think everyone would get the concept of what they are supposed to do.

Sapience asked for feedback, I was just giving mine due to what this player did. Either he got confused or he purposely hit his chicken towards the wrong goal.
    While I understand why you're asking, there are plenty of strategic reasons to hit it into or toward your own goal. Defensive play by 'passing' the chicken around to stall, or prepare for a more powerful/secondary skill use/coordinated actions such as a stun. As for scoring for the other team, it can be worth a point to quickly get another while the other team is regrouping (aka, you have players waiting at the midline, or to enable the game to continue with potential benefit to you rather than the current draw fighting it side to side at a wall) .

If we must leave the stunbreaks enabled, can we do away with or change the stun immunity cooldown for this instance?

I just played my first round. It was a nightmare. Having to use that popup skill bar made the game too awkward. Chasing the chicken and keeping the pointer over the skill was too difficult for me. Is there a way to put the skills on the skill bar? Am I missing something?

Except I think the other team figured out a way to overcome the awkwardness because they beat us approximately 30 to 0. I don't understand.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
    Maedhric 100 Captain, Nunion 93 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast