We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Could the barter folks have the appropriate symbols placed on our map/minimap? I have a hard time locating them all. So far I've found three (furniture, cosmetics, emotes) but apparently I haven't found them all yet, as I saw someone above talking about recipes? Just how many of them are there?
    Both the recipe vendor and the pet vendor are up on the hill over the big 6v6 arena (Field #4, I believe?). The Recipe vendor (and a supplier) are near a cooking fire on the southeast corner of the field while the Pet vendor is above the northeast corner of the Field. (near a pen where you can see the tiny chicken types)

I agree that it would be nice to have blue barter flag markers on the mini map for these.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    5 Barters for rewards.
    #1 Pets {Has the trading generic->chicken tokens for all but the gold quality ones, but the trade actions are rep gated) If you have the tokens already [via random drop, trade,etc] you can trade for any of the other rewards without worrying about rep. You just need rep to upgrade tokens as best I can tell.

#2 Recipes (All Cook!) They're all single use recipes.
    #3 Cosmetics (Several are identical to both factions once dyed, or are simply reused old cosmetics.)
    #4 Housing Items
    #5 Emotes

1 Barter for the 'rewards boosted for next match' (via mithril)
    Nevermind...........

Could the barter folks have the appropriate symbols placed on our map/minimap? I have a hard time locating them all. So far I've found three (furniture, cosmetics, emotes) but apparently I haven't found them all yet, as I saw someone above talking about recipes? Just how many of them are there?

Southeastern of field 4 respectively southwestern of the of the tag game ruin is a carnival campfire with an npc for these recipes. so on the hill if that helps

And at the western side of field 1 is a NPC for consumables (1 time use chicken to carry, map to Hobnanigans)

would be nice if multiboxers werent allowed in these so other can play aswel /snowbourn server

Quote Originally Posted by Pearljamfix View Post
    would be nice if multiboxers werent allowed in these so other can play aswel /snowbourn server
    Check on snowy fb page what ppl says to who just want to play a match for having fun :/
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Thanks for posting the barter requirements, Crell, and everyone else for helping with directions. ^_^
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Love the game and great fun and teaming. Nice to have something new but I still want the spring festival!!!! Rewards a little high, make carrying chickens permanent for the cost of getting one, keep chickens in play and boot a player not moving after 30 seconds. Thanks.
    [URL=http://s988.photobucket.com/user/dyancleme/media/UseThisSignature_zpsb13769ec.jpg.html][IMG]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af10/dyancleme/UseThisSignature_zpsb13769ec.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

As is the norm it seems these days, this is way to buggy, way to grindy and thus for me far more frustrating than fun.

Sorry a miss for me, could have been fun and interesting but ruined by poor implementation,and sadly it seems that I am not the only one who thinks this as less and less people are going anywhere near the event which makes it harder and harder to do anyway.

I find it remarkable that so many people can have the same problems with it over and over again, and this wasnt picked up in testing, was it tested? if so how were the problems with the chicken(ball) getting stuck not found and addressed and if not tested, why not? why release something like this without properly vetting it? either way, poor show, again, no excuse for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anolus View Post
    Check on snowy fb page what ppl says to who just want to play a match for having fun :/
    The message in screenshot of aforementioned tell someone received from chicken game abuser below..
    Quote Originally Posted by K.....
    K.... tells you, "Please dont join next round, we are farming here. We wont start if someone else takes stick.
    Good Going.. Maybe try to figure some way to prevent this or reliably identify and then punish the griefers enough to make them not want to risk it.

I'm stoked............ Cannot wait to try this again except been a lot of people multiboxing so hard to do at the moment . I had also wanted to run a league doh.
    Unofficial Snowbourn Events Team Leader
    Founder of Element Zero Gaming Group
    Element Zero - Snowbourn
    [url]www.ez-guild.com[/url] or [url]www.twitter.com/honvik[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Honvikuk View Post
    I'm stoked............ Cannot wait to try this again except been a lot of people multiboxing so hard to do at the moment . I had also wanted to run a league doh.
    I wonder if the easiest solution would be to throw the whole thing in its own landblock if it isnt already and turn down the number of players allowed in the layer significantly (total Team players +5-6?)

Multiboxing has always been sanctioned, and until recently was even permitted in the Moors. Its not a good use of valuable +GM time to complain to them about something that isn't against policy.

For those who call this Rank farming. It's expressly tied to Infamy. No infamy, no rank farming. Multiboxing doesn't mean botting.

Courtesy and Sportsmanship aside, there's literally 3 empty fields on Riddermark atm, and only 5 characters in the area. Not all of which are active. (There's a guy right now asking for 5 other people to join his field so he can do a 3v3!)

There's plenty of ways for multiboxers to act so that everyone benefits when the population is low, or if people even those on a single client just want rewards. Its about the mentality of the players using them. Are you going to be selfish or not? A benefit/encourager of community or not?

I too would enjoy running an actual league with organized tournament brackets, but that's not something I want to do with it in its current buggy state (chickens escaping or getting stuck) . In the meantime. I sympathize with those wanting to play an actual match, and with those who can't find enough players, or just want to get the rewards while they have time to do so. After all, summer is fast approaching and isn't exactly something that necessarily gives us free time for gaming.

Played some more matches. Still fun when everyone participates and it doesn't bug out.

The people who come in, pick up a stick and then afk until the match is over really put a damper on this. It makes the matches terribly uneven and it's really sad to be standing around *wanting* to get in and play, but can't because the fields are all taken by afk folks.

Layers need to be lowered, or some sort of timeout function needs to be added so people who actually want to play can play/

Quote Originally Posted by Tenuke View Post
    The message in screenshot of aforementioned tell someone received from chicken game abuser below..

Good Going.. Maybe try to figure some way to prevent this or reliably identify and then punish the griefers enough to make them not want to risk it.
    Keep reporting them.
    Even if there is no rules against multiboxing there are still rules about griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Quenton_1 View Post
    Multiboxing has always been sanctioned, and until recently was even permitted in the Moors. Its not a good use of valuable +GM time to complain to them about something that isn't against policy.
    When did this happen? Did I miss the memo saying no multiboxing in the Moors. *confuzzled*

When did this happen? Did I miss the memo saying no multiboxing in the Moors. *confuzzled*
    Technically, multiboxing is still legal, I should have been clearer about that. What's a rules violation is Rank Farming. Many Multiboxers were using it as a way to Rank/Infamy farm more efficiently and not using it for any other purpose (because its much more complex to run around and sync them, etc.)

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...rming-Official

As for the worry about idling or players deciding not to play?

Consider the following 2 sitations. One side is up by 10. No way to just concede. ; Players logging out or leaving the field because it took too long to fill. The sticks themselves have no reset function. Only the chicken and round after the round starts.

Layers solve much of this.

The group that was looking to get 5 more people for a 3v3 is still looking for a 6th player.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

We had someone spending about 2-3 hours on our server, Evernight, multiboxing one field. Surely this works is just as bad as rank farming - the player is using additional accounts to remain inactive on the opposing team, while also playing the characters on the winning side, who gain from this exploiting of the system. Surely this demonstrates the same problem as rank farming (someone using multiple accounts to 'loose' in order to make the other player gain infamy/renown). I know multi-boxing isn't against the rules (much as I may disagree with this), but surely this exploit of Hobnanigans should be considered taboo?
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Technically, multiboxing is still legal, I should have been clearer about that. What's a rules violation is Rank Farming. Many Multiboxers were using it as a way to Rank/Infamy farm more efficiently and not using it for any other purpose (because its much more complex to run around and sync them, etc.)

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...rming-Official

As for the worry about idling or players deciding not to play?

Consider the following 2 sitations. One side is up by 10. No way to just concede. ; Players logging out or leaving the field because it took too long to fill. The sticks themselves have no reset function. Only the chicken and round after the round starts.

Layers solve much of this.

The group that was looking to get 5 more people for a 3v3 is still looking for a 6th player.
    Considering that rank farming can happen even without multi-boxing, I was rather surprised at the suggestion that multi-boxing in the Moors was not allowed. I don't multi-box at all but so long as multi-boxers don't interfere with the gameplay of others (the way rank farming and exploiting Hobnanigans does) then more power to them.

As for Hobnanigans itself, these exploits all really need to be closed up. :/ Even in the festivals there must be a certain amount of players or else the event doesn't start (stuff like the beer brawls or theatre). If I remember correctly, don't /afk players in the theatre get ignored when it makes a count of how many people are present? Like, there must be 3+ active players or it gets delayed?

As for Hobnanigans itself, these exploits all really need to be closed up. :/ Even in the festivals there must be a certain amount of players or else the event doesn't start (stuff like the beer brawls or theatre). If I remember correctly, don't /afk players in the theatre get ignored when it makes a count of how many people are present? Like, there must be 3+ active players or it gets delayed?
    Only if they forcibly flag themselves AFK. or get flagged automatically as AFK.

With the time limits and other things surrounding this event, no character ever reaches that inactivity point.

Many players idled the theater with the express purpose getting the titles they still needed. After all, there's no way to select which role you're going to play, if you get randomly selected in the first place.

There's the keg brawl to consider. Its been so dead every year except the first year I played it, that I didn't bother starting the deeds on this years character. It's not an easily multiboxed event, AND the tokens are bound.

Haven't read all the posts..so dont know if this has been covered or not. But I am a mouse mover and all my skills are keyboard based. When the game skill bar comes up I have to move the skills to my quickslots in order to use them since I cannot use my mouse to click the new game bar. It puts me at a disadvantage right off the bat (pun intended) because the skills don't appear until the game starts and the chicken is long gone by the time I am done. If the skills were given a minute or two before the game started (like the beer hall game) players could get their skills set up according to how they play.

Otherwise, I think these games are a lot of fun and, if brought in on a regular basis, are a great addition to the game.
    [URL=http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/suzetla/media/Forumsig2015_zps063cf542.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag446/suzetla/Forumsig2015_zps063cf542.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

It would be nice if even with the random granting of skills if we could put them on our skillbar up front (we have an entire spare skillbar most of us) so we dont have to do so in the middle of a match to use them effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Svella View Post
    Depicting violence again common, defenseless animals is disgusting.
    Enabling people - and even encouraging them - to participate in such behaviour is even more disgusting.
    I agree with this... I know its odd to draw the line at this when much of the game is built around slaughtering 1000s of bears, boars, wolves and the like. But those from a questing standpoint either are providing food and clothing, or are harming people/crops/livestock. This is just tormenting a small defenseless creature for amusement. The elves and hobbits would certainly not approve.

The concept of the game is fun... just replace the chicken with a ball stuffed with chicken feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearljamfix View Post
    would be nice if people who blame multiboxers look around and think first before they wrote nonsens on forum. Yes i took whole 6v6 field for self (at 8 morning time), yes i did multibox (its not against any rule, i didnt use any bot, macro...) and i will do it again. I dont agree with amount of tokens we need for rewards. Many ppl arived to 6v6 field i was on. I asked them politely to dont join my game. There were still 3 other fields empty. I didnt disable fun or chance to play. Still many players were angry, why?

As to those drawing parallels to Rank Farming, whether or not this event should have additional restrictions, to the point where new policy would be created, can we agree that it doesn't violate existing policy and to stop needlessly adding to the +GM ticket load? They're overworked as it is.

As to those drawing parallels to Rank Farming, whether or not this event should have additional restrictions, to the point where new policy would be created, can we agree that it doesn't violate existing policy and to stop needlessly adding to the +GM ticket load? They're overworked as it is.
    Can you elaborate more about it? What parallel you see with rank farming?

reputation? yes this reputation you cant buy...but other fraction you can get easily from AH. Ranks you cant buy.
    tokens? you can still buy them infamy/renowns you cant

From better rank in moors you get some advantage. From festival you get emote / pet / housing items / cosmetics / recepies. What advantage it will gives you?

PS: moors is perma open, this event is for 3 days. With incredible amount of tokens you need for items some ppl who can will multibox (and its not against any rule). I am multiboxing in time there is not many other players on fields and rest 3 fields are empty. I understand that ppl can be angry on mboxers doing it in main play time.

Quote Originally Posted by Krucipisek View Post
    would be nice if people who blame multiboxers look around and think first before they wrote nonsens on forum. Yes i took whole 6v6 field for self (at 8 morning time), yes i did multibox (its not against any rule, i didnt use any bot, macro...) and i will do it again. I dont agree with amount of tokens we need for rewards. Many ppl arived to 6v6 field i was on. I asked them politely to dont join my game. There were still 3 other fields empty. I didnt disable fun or chance to play. Still many players were angry, why?
    Because it isn't in the spirit of the game. You have people keen to play with you, but instead you'd rather claim a field, go afk 10 minutes with multiboxed alts and not actively participate. I also feel the same about those who purposefully are kicking the chicken out of the grounds after getting one point ahead, and those who sit /afk the moment a match starts up. I do however feel this in part comes from the reward/rep structure which is promoting grind/repetition, and the policy of rewards at the end of a round, rather than rewarding participation (number of goals, number of hits etc) during a game. Perhaps this could be considered for next time Hobnobs goes active.
    Aisya [Gilrain]

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast