We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzal View Post

Players also seem to be exploiting the situation where they will grab a quest and stick for one team, then cancel the quest and join the opposing team. The previous stick is claimed and doesn't respawn so the former team is thus handicapped by a each player that flip-flops allegiances. It's really cool when you've already grabbed a stick and a couple of buddies run up and pull this little stunt on you.
    I just got nailed with this or the other folks just up an left so it was me against 3 people on the other side. I went afk because there was absolutely no way to even play. In this situation, we need some sort of forfeit mechanism for when this happens. Failing that, the first to 5 rule would work to end the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Orodbril View Post
    Something else what I forget earlier. As the tokens are taking space in the inventory: how large can a staple be? It would be good to know that you can have at least a staple of 500 or 1000, otherwise they would take away a lot of space if you want to save toward the 2400-barter items (theoretically), so it would be 24 spaces (with staples of only 100) which would be more than 1,5 (former) inventory bags - just for these tokens...
    No idea which is the limit, but ive now 235 in the same bag slot.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    No idea which is the limit, but ive now 235 in the same bag slot.

Sergio :-)
    At least that is good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by NynofArk View Post
    2. Shorten the time for each game. If you can't get the chicken out of bounds fixed this will cut down on how long you have to wait before it finishes.
    I agree with this The games are a bit long and it's exhausting. Maybe first to 5 goals as others have suggested?

Also, are there screenshots of the items and pets and such? The chickens are extremely expensive but I don't know enough about chickens to tell which is which and some of them share icon
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Orodbril View Post
    3. I don't want to see that changed. As someone mentioned earlier, it's kind of a tactic, to kick the chicken at the particular point, so that the other teams kicks them in the direction YOU want. So even when it's not tactics, it's kind of fun.
    Tactics are one thing. Skill delay is another. What I'm saying is that the skills seem literally bugged. For example: Skill is available. Skill is engaged. Marching ants for a moment... finally skill executes, but only 1-2 seconds later than you'd wanted. I want skills to fire when I push them, same as in combat. It shouldn't feel as though I'm using something with a 1-2 second induction. Likewise, following the rest of your comments, in real life when I kick a ball with my foot, I kick the ball with my foot. I don't stand there with my foot in the air for a moment or two as I "prepare my induction".
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

The hobnanigan tokens aren't bound. They can be traded or sold. Why?
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    The hobnanigan tokens aren't bound. They can be traded or sold. Why?
    I believe it was done so for example a kinship can pool there tokens together & get items quicker. Like the housing items that are pretty expensive.

Or if someone is feeling generous can give some to another person.

The "Chicken Hit" skill is a joke on "Chicken Sh-" isn't it?

Anyway, I learned that as long as I target the chicken once, I can keep it targeted and be mostly okay throughout the match (ignoring things like the stun eggs). The big problem is after each goal rushing back to the middle and trying to click on the new chickens that appear.

Can we please make the chicken have a brighter, more noticeable label (they're greyed out for me) and maybe a bigger click area?

Just got done playing some games. Won 2 and lost 2.

Could we have our chicken skills automatically apply to the nearest chicken, therefore avoiding the need to madly click on the playing field and hope you can target the chicken in a maze of players? Using NPC target keys is spotty since there's a bunch standing around the edge of the field who get picked as targets.

I feel like hitting a chicken should always push it away from where you are. But when it's already airborne it just gets pushed in the same direction it's already going. This may just get chalked up as part of the game, or too difficult to fix, but trying to defend the goal and ending up blasting the chicken into your own net is frustrating.

Bonus tokens for each goal your team gets would be nice, and encourage losing teams to keep playing.

Never had a chicken get stuck, but *I* got stuck inside a suddenly appearing wagon once.

I did see somebody fill up a team with level 7 AFK shills so they could win a bunch of games for themselves. Some sort of mechanism for stopping this would be nice.

Enough complaints! Overall, pretty fun! I enjoyed it and look forward to playing some more tomorrow. The carnival food awards looked cool too... oliphaunt ears! Woot! Thanks to all the Turbine folks who worked on making this possible!

I just visited hobnanigans on my server,

Both of the 3 vs 3 fields have been hijacked by afk'ers farming the tokens, no one can play them. only the raid field can be used by people seeking to actually play the game as intended.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Depicting violence again common, defenseless animals is disgusting.
    Enabling people - and even encouraging them - to participate in such behaviour is even more disgusting.
    Now pl[b]a[/b]ying : Br[b]a[/b]hmiel, Level 100 Elf LM and so h[b]a[/b]ppy my pet lets me t[b]a[/b]g [b]a[/b]long !
    Olmfred, Level 86 M[b]a[/b]n W[b]a[/b]rden - boring | V[b]a[/b]bo, Level 85 Hobbit Minstrel - meh
    Svell[b]a[/b], Level 61 Elf Hunter - retired | Crome[b]a[/b], Level 58 M[b]a[/b]n C[b]a[/b]pt[b]a[/b]in - retired
    Free-del[b]a[/b]s !

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    Just got done playing some games. Won 2 and lost 2.

Could we have our chicken skills automatically apply to the nearest chicken, therefore avoiding the need to madly click on the playing field and hope you can target the chicken in a maze of players? Using NPC target keys is spotty since there's a bunch standing around the edge of the field who get picked as targets.

I feel like hitting a chicken should always push it away from where you are. But when it's already airborne it just gets pushed in the same direction it's already going. This may just get chalked up as part of the game, or too difficult to fix, but trying to defend the goal and ending up blasting the chicken into your own net is frustrating.

Bonus tokens for each goal your team gets would be nice, and encourage losing teams to keep playing.

Never had a chicken get stuck, but *I* got stuck inside a suddenly appearing wagon once.

I did see somebody fill up a team with level 7 AFK shills so they could win a bunch of games for themselves. Some sort of mechanism for stopping this would be nice.

Enough complaints! Overall, pretty fun! I enjoyed it and look forward to playing some more tomorrow. The carnival food awards looked cool too... oliphaunt ears! Woot! Thanks to all the Turbine folks who worked on making this possible!

The chicken is a PNJ. The default hotkey is F10 but if you have a multi buttons mouse, you can be more effective by putting "select nearest PNJ" on you mouse like I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Svella View Post
    Depicting violence again common, defenseless animals is disgusting.
    Enabling people - and even encouraging them - to participate in such behaviour is even more disgusting.
    Then I guess you should stop playing the game altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    We'd love to hear your feedback on the return of Hobnanigans.

Please use this thread to discuss your likes and dislikes about the Hobnanigans game. Do please keep in mind that this isn't meant to be "won" in a single weekend and that Hobnanigans will return from time to time to allow you to gather more tokens and earn your items.

If you don't know what Hobnanigans is, you can learn all bout it here.
    Love it! Awesome! Fantastic game! Landroval had great expeirence of playing, and not much exploiting.

I can see a lot of potential with this, including actual real leagues and try to have champions defend their titles so on, on special occasions. Such as winning streaks. Ladders.

Anyway Here are the bugs and suggestions to be fixed

1: When a player picks up a stick and leaves fields by actually physically leaving, or crashing. The stick should be immediately replaced. If the person crashes within few seconds of picking up the last stick and the game is about to start, the game should reset and stick immediately replaced.
    This will stop exploiting, it will also stop having games with a man down. Hell I have seen Field 1 and 4 with 6 red and 1 blue!! Or 2 red and 0 blues.
    If someone crashes during game and managed to return in time, no credit is given.

2: The walls should be smoother, it is so annoying to see chicken bogged down by a slight corner because of each stumps along the wall. There shouldn't be any gaps between walls and banners. This small gap allow chicken to be hit out of field and therefore stuck. If a chicken is stuck somehow during game and is not touched for a minute, it should be reseted to the centre line.

3: Put the invisible wall around the field higher. Sometimes a chicken is hit 6 times and really flies over the fences/goal posts. Maybe create a maze's ceiling to keep it inside?

4: Have all character's skills except for hobnanigans-related skills greyed out. The Egg stun can be breaken out by Hunter's Cry of the Predator, prevented by LM's stun immunity, champion's breakout skills and probably other characters too.

5: Pets should be deactivated in the field, because with the chicken pets this can be annoying.

6: Field 3 is broken sometimes. As when game start, the scoring isn't announced on screen in shout format, no one really wins the game therefore no win rewards are given out.

7: Field 2 sometimes have players wearing the wrong cloak colours. And I have seen green cloaks, white cloaks, and bald people

8: I hope Hobnanigans are one weekend every month or every fortnightly for 3-4 days, and for the duration of the major sporting events (Rugby World Cup, Soccer World Cup, Euro Cup)

9: Minor, but the physics sometimes doens't make sense in terms of billard

10: Tokens are not bound (can be bound to account). This can be exploited by trading, in particular with multiple accounts. A person with 6 accounts can take over 3v3 and earn 90 tokens a game, or 120 tokens if they take over 6v6. I understand the argument about kinship pooling together so this is minor issue if cooldown are addressed

11: None of the bartered items are bound. EDIT: upon reflection, Nah don't need to be bounded, I like it that way.

12: If the event is rarely run (4 times a year like Treasure Hunt) the cook recipes should be permanent, not single use. Please introduce furniture for the purple cook recipes!

13: I haven't seen any special chicken tokens drop, except for the white ones. I assume they only drop if you win by many goals, or score the most goals? I am fine with some randoms, but can this be tied to achievements? Such as more winning streaks allow more chance of the rare one drops?

14: Field 4 should be converted to 2 fields of 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4. It is difficult getting both 6v6 field full, and this contribute to number 1 issue mentioned above about sticks. Maybe this would change on weekend with more people.

15: Cosmetic cloaks can be dyed. Quivers both are not coloured (should be red/blue), but dyable. EDIT: please don't be retroactive, as I got some and dyed it orange, it looks better :P)

16: The prices are slightly expensive, if you are unlucky and never win a game, you would have to play 60 games to get a white chicken pet.

17: the game time length is perfect, please don't cut it down as it is to be a game, not short quick hitfest. If a player pick up stick and leave game, the cooldown should be 10 minutes and barred from playing that field. That will kill exploiters.

18: Is it possible to have a "ready button" to boot afkers? To reduce farming?

19: While I was multi-boxing for testing purpose as there was no one online and I took opportunity to see how much can be exploited so on. For some reason, my main always gets (boost
    accounted for) 20 tokens for winning and 10 tokens for playing, but my main is always in fellowship and my second player who is to be next leader of fellowship also gets 20 tokens for winnign and 10 tokens for playing. Is this intended? Being a fellowship leader increase tokens? I thought it was because of top goal scorer but I tested this and my 3rd was top goal scorer of the match and yet only got 10 tokens (boosted). This is the case for 5 straight matches.

Testing again out of fellowship still the same. can't pinpoint the reason.

Update:

20: I got white chicken hobnanigan field for the house decoration. the small one is cute but that is all? really? The large one is nice too. But I guess there is nothing much we can do with them.

21: Lawn Chicken. Why not make them move around like property guards do and preferable 2-3?
    Last edited by duvelmoortgat; May 09 2014 at 10:31 AM.

Dwarrowdelf has hardly anyone playing. The few people playing continuously bug the game by kicking the chicken out of bounds.

I actually got one of my friends that quit lotro to reinstall it for this event. After 5 minutes he quit again because of this.

Please use this thread to discuss your likes and dislikes about the Hobnanigans game. Do please keep in mind that this isn't meant to be "won" in a single weekend and that Hobnanigans will return from time to time to allow you to gather more tokens and earn your items.

One word . . . . FUN!

OMG, almost lost through laughing too much. Very nice social addition to the game.

I played a little bit last night for the first time and it was a lot of fun. Hopefully, this can be a part of the game on a permanent basis and not just for the weekend.

The only part that was getting a bit annoying was when the chicken would get caught up along the sidelines or in the corners...not sure what you guys could do with that though...maybe respawn it back in the middle after a certain amount of time. Other than that, ya, it was great....love it!

Thanks Turbine/WB/Community
    [CENTER] “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door. You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

~ Bilbo Baggins * J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Gardhik View Post
    We cannot get out
    Hey, this isn't Mines of Moria here ya know.....

[CENTER] “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door. You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

~ Bilbo Baggins * J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings [/CENTER]

here Is my take on it, I played a few games on a couple different servers. the few games where there was no bugs, glitches or afkers I had a blast.

However,

#1 The banner posts on the sides at middle field, this is a bad spot. had a couple games where multiple players hit the chicken just right and it poped up on top of the banner post. It then gave a line of sight error and was unable to finish the game. Did a /bug report on this issue.
    #2 The Corners are a bit rough, It did seem like the chicken was stuck but it wasnt. just had to be able to hit it at the right angle to knock it out of the corner. Having a chicken in the corner tho is a real pain with 6 players trying to wallop on the poor birdie. I did not /bug this issue because the chicken never technically got stuck.
    #3 AFK players, had a few of these on both the servers i tried out. A player joins the game, then goes afk in the corner or over against the wall for the entire game. this does not help the team the player is on win the match. I did not bug this issue because its technically not a bug. Alas tho, I would like to see some kind of timer on the skill activity so if they dont keep using their chicken skill they get booted from the game or a penalty of say a 24 hour ban from hobnanigans. Not sure how this would be achieved or if it is achievable, but it would be nice to have something to prevent the afk players.
    #4 Reported 1 other issue, which I will not go into details or discuss. But i do hope it gets fixed soon.
    #5 hobnanigan tokens, You get 5 tokens for loosing, i did not manage to win any of the games. Think either the number of days hobnanigans is running needs to be increased, the cost of the items lowered or win / loose the amount of tokens you receive needs increasing. Due to waiting for players I only got to play about 6 games last night over a 4 hour period. my teams lost all the games so 4 hours for 30 tokens. I would like to at least get the wagon, that costs 90 tokens so i have to get lucky enough to have enough players to loose at least 12 more matches, less matches if i manage to win 1 or 2. haven't even considered the chicken pets or anything because i cant be available to play 18 hours a day for the 3 or 4 days this event is running.
    #6 tokens show up in inventory and no the barter wallet, did not bug this as i was not sure if it was working as intended or not.
    #7 tokens in inventory did not say Bound or anything, Have not tried to trade them yet to see whats up with it. unknown if working as intended or not.

I do like the new wagon yard decoration. The game overall is a lot of fun and I will try to get it some play time later today if possible to get a few more tokens. Once all the bugs and kinks are worked out im sure this will be alot of fun. An idea, Since some servers do not have enough players interested in the festivals and events like hobnanigans, think it would be possible to eventually do instances type stuff so if their is say 3 players from Riddermark, 1 on Landroval and 2 on Brandywine, instead of waiting 2 or 3 hours for enough players they could be put into a instance match together.
    [center]***[color=red]Public Safety Reminder:[/color] When Driving, Please [u]do not[/u] use your cell phones to call or text. If something is that important pull over off the road and stop the vehicle, then return to driving when done. Also as a continued reminder, [u]do not[/u] or Drink and Drive when Celebrating.***[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by duvelmoortgat View Post
    Love it! Awesome! Fantastic game! Landroval had great expeirence of playing, and not much exploiting.

I can see a lot of potential with this, including actual real leagues and try to have champions defend their titles so on, on special occasions. Such as winning streaks. Ladders.

Anyway Here are the bugs and suggestions to be fixed

1: When a player picks up a stick and leaves fields by actually physically leaving, or crashing. The stick should be immediately replaced. If the person crashes within few seconds of picking up the last stick and the game is about to start, the game should reset and stick immediately replaced.
    This will stop exploiting, it will also stop having games with a man down. Hell I have seen Field 1 and 4 with 6 red and 1 blue!! Or 2 red and 0 blues.
    If someone crashes during game and managed to return in time, no credit is given.

2: The walls should be smoother, it is so annoying to see chicken bogged down by a slight corner because of each stumps along the wall. There shouldn't be any gaps between walls and banners. This small gap allow chicken to be hit out of field and therefore stuck. If a chicken is stuck somehow during game and is not touched for a minute, it should be reseted to the centre line.

3: Put the invisible wall around the field higher. Sometimes a chicken is hit 6 times and really flies over the fences/goal posts. Maybe create a maze's ceiling to keep it inside?

4: Have all character's skills except for hobnanigans-related skills greyed out. The Egg stun can be breaken out by Hunter's Cry of the Predator, prevented by LM's stun immunity, champion's breakout skills and probably other characters too.

5: Pets should be deactivated in the field, because with the chicken pets this can be annoying.

6: Field 3 is broken sometimes. As when game start, the scoring isn't announced on screen in shout format, no one really wins the game therefore no win rewards are given out.

7: Field 2 sometimes have players wearing the wrong cloak colours. And I have seen green cloaks, white cloaks, and bald people

8: I hope Hobnanigans are one weekend every month or every fortnightly for 3-4 days, and for the duration of the major sporting events (Rugby World Cup, Soccer World Cup, Euro Cup)

9: Minor, but the physics sometimes doens't make sense in terms of billard

10: Tokens are not bound (can be bound to account). This can be exploited by trading, in particular with multiple accounts. A person with 6 accounts can take over 3v3 and earn 90 tokens a game, or 120 tokens if they take over 6v6. I understand the argument about kinship pooling together so maybe this is minor issue if cooldown are addressed

11: None of the bartered items are bound.

12: If the event is rarely run (4 times a year like Treasure Hunt) the cook recipes should be permanent, not single use. Please introduce furniture for the purple cook recipes!

13: I haven't seen any special chicken tokens drop, except for the white ones. I assume they only drop if you win by many goals, or score the most goals? I am fine with some randoms, but can this be tied to achievements? Such as more winning streaks allow more chance of the rare one drops?

14: Field 4 should be converted to 2 fields of 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4. It is difficult getting both 6v6 field full, and this contribute to number 1 issue mentioned above about sticks. Maybe this would change on weekend with more people.

15: Cosmetic cloaks can be dyed. Quivers both are not coloured (should be red/blue), but dyable.

16: The prices are slightly expensive, if you are unlucky and never win a game, you would have to play 60 games to get a white chicken pet.

17: the game time length is perfect. If a player pick up stick and leave game, the cooldown should be 10 minutes and barred from playing that field. That will kill exploiters.

18: Is it possible to have a "ready button" to boot afkers? To reduce farming?

5. I saw several LM pets on the fields. These should most definitely be disabled.

10. Sorry but I disagree. Don't have these bound. One of things that just irks me to no end with this game is all the stuff that's bound. Having them bound is much more harder for ones in kinships for example to get items for there house.

11. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS! Items are hard as is to get & if someone who plays on more then one account like me then can give the cosmetic for example to the other account to put in wardrobe. Again enough with items being bound!

17. Time length is too long. Should be cut down to 5 min.

I've played this event on my server ( snowbourne ) and i liked it but i am sure that i could have enjoyed it a lot more if multbiboxers were kiked from there
    Try to find a fix for multiboxers in this festival .
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Could the barter folks have the appropriate symbols placed on our map/minimap? I have a hard time locating them all. So far I've found three (furniture, cosmetics, emotes) but apparently I haven't found them all yet, as I saw someone above talking about recipes? Just how many of them are there?
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Really disappointed with how this has been implemented.

Firstly, I thought this would be a permanent event, not just a 'weekends special' like the treasure hunt. Our kin likes to play freeze tag on special occasions and this would have been a nice addition to our kin events. Now it sounds like we will have to turn up on a specific day and fight for space with the rest of the server. There's not even any guarantee that we could all play on the same field depending on numbers.

Secondly, I totally didn't expect this to get turned into another festival grind! I think there is far to much focus on the rewards and not enough on the actual game. If an activity is fun to play then it doesn't need to be incentivised with tacky rewards. Lately there's been a lot of horrible grindy mechanics added to the game that we suffer through just for the rewards (BB's, fangorn quests, WoS grinds). This was the one thing that I was actually looking forward to playing for the sake of playing, yet rewards have been added and now its getting ruined by farmers and exploiters!

Not happy.
    [SIZE=3]NO SLEEP 'TILL MORDOR!![/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Could the barter folks have the appropriate symbols placed on our map/minimap? I have a hard time locating them all. So far I've found three (furniture, cosmetics, emotes) but apparently I haven't found them all yet, as I saw someone above talking about recipes? Just how many of them are there?
    Yeah I don't know where these recipes are or where to barter for the special chicken tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    5 Barters for rewards.
    #1 Pets {Has the trading generic->chicken tokens for all but the gold quality ones, but the trade actions are rep gated) If you have the tokens already [via random drop, trade,etc] you can trade for any of the other rewards without worrying about rep. You just need rep to upgrade tokens as best I can tell.

#2 Recipes (All Cook!) They're all single use recipes.
    #3 Cosmetics (Several are identical to both factions once dyed, or are simply reused old cosmetics.)
    #4 Housing Items
    #5 Emotes

1 Barter for the 'rewards boosted for next match' (via mithril)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast