We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Changes that need to be made for the next hobnanigans:

1. 60-90 second afk removal from a round if a player hasn't clicked a chicken skill.
    2. Rounds shortened to 5-7 minutes
    3. Automatic rebalancing of teams if people left field of play before battle. (12 player raid size, if 4 leave before it begins, leaving 8 players, teams auto-reshuffle so it would be a 4 on 4 match.
    4. chickens need to bounce off walls, or have the ability to walk a few steps ever so often to help get them away from walls.
    5. redesign the raid size walls a bit near goal corners, chickens get trapped very easily.

Consideration: if a team gets 7 goals ahead of opposing team, automatic victory with 10 tokens, not the full 15.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Okay, after 2 matches, here goes...

1. As stated, make the chickens bounce off the walls a few feet.

2a. Make it so that if players leave the field before the match starts, their quest automatically FAILS. They accept the quest, they enter, and if they exit before its over, they fail. Make there some sort of penalty. A 3 vs 0 match isn't very much fun (3 reds and no blues because the blues were no where to be seen). The only thing that made that interesting was when one of the reds decided to whack it towards the blue posts just for fun (actually succeeded twice).

2b. There has been the case where you accept a red team quest and realize there are no red bats left. Someone has picked them up but doesn't seem to be around anymore. Then you have to cancel the red team quest and get the blue team quest and pick up a blue bat. Or reverse the colors. Point being, you'll have a quest for one team but the only bats for the other.

3. It would be very nice if it was impossible for red players to whack towards a red goal, and blue towards a blue goal. I realize this may be impossible, but it's very annoying when I am and whack towards the red, but my skill delay is just enough so that by the time it actually takes effect, the other team has whacked it over my head and my own whack sent it flying even further in the wrong direction. More than once I scored points for the other team because my skills wouldn't take effect until it was too late. -.-

Luv the rotten chicken egg btw...
    Last edited by Mar-Evayave; May 08 2014 at 10:55 PM.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

I don't think they are too high. You can barter the tokens and it is a recurring event, so you have enough time to collect and trade them.
    Some Housing Items seem like a nice project for a kinship. At least for those with enough players. 12 Players with 240 Tokens each, et voilà!

If a competition is made in such a way that someone like me can join in without problem, then it's very very nicely thought out indeed

I like that even if you get too stressed out to do well, it's not about YOU winning, it's the TEAM, so everyone helps each other and do their best, and even if your team doesn't win, you still get tokens for playing
    Also, I like that you can trade the tokens because some people hate sports and some people likes chickens too much to hit them with sticks no matter what you give them as reward, so they can still get stuff by buying tokens
    ;) [COLOR="#9999ff"]“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb[/COLOR]

I know some of this is echoing others, but ...

I'm definitely enjoying it, especially when winning but it's frustrating watching people on your team stand there and do nothing. Would it be possible to add some sort of timer - if you haven't hit a chicken in the last 30s then the quest fails for you?
    Of course this would be a problem when the chicken/s get knocked outside the arena - maybe they should have a timer too - if they haven't been hit in the last 20s they reset to the centre?
    (Or maybe those should be more like 1min & 30s)

Also, once loosing badly, people tend to give up - they know they'll get the 5 and they're not going to get the 10 so why bother? 1 token per goal in addition would be a nice encouragement for people to keep playing.

It would also be nice if the chickens bounced off the walls - more like squash balls! but maybe not that fast - instead of just getting stuck on them.

And one last thing - if the cloaks were hoodless, then when they bug & vanish we wouldn't be left with bald heads - just a thought!

(I will attempt to bug report - but it's so slow & *ahem* buggy that ... oh wait, the chicken has just got stuck at 2 minutes in, looks like I'll have time to do it while the quest times runs out!)

Well, tried advertising everywhere for people to join the activity, but no one seemed interested on my server. Perhaps, a letter to each player, much like the festival events?

I have played several times now and it's a lot of fun, but there's two problems. When the other team has so many goals that you can't win, people give up trying and the game becomes boring, so maybe make it so the teams earn one token per goal or something?

And if it's possible, please stop people from bringing out their pets with the purpose of making it harder for others to target the game hen In one game there was too many pets that you couldn't get to the chicken XD

EDIT: Another problem: A Loremaster running around with a "Temporary State Immunity" buff. The egg skill didn't work on that player at all
    Last edited by Silmelin; May 08 2014 at 05:02 PM.
    ;) [COLOR="#9999ff"]“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb[/COLOR]

Hair

Please make it so the characters don't go bald during a match. I like hair.

how on earth are you supposed to target the chicken to even begin to hit it? I feel like this is just another mini-version of the Moors, where I get instantly outclassed by people with faster reflexes and computers. More frustration than fun so far.

The problem is, if people get kicket for being afk. What is the other team supposed to do? "Alibi-kicking", just that they get the reward at the end? That doesn't sound like fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    how on earth are you supposed to target the chicken to even begin to hit it? I feel like this is just another mini-version of the Moors, where I get instantly outclassed by people with faster reflexes and computers. More frustration than fun so far.
    Only way I have found is to click on it.

For those who have a hard time clicking on the chicken, if you turn on Show My Target's Target (or whatever it is called in the options) then if you select another player you'll be able to see that player's target. 9 times out of 10, that target will be the chicken, so then you just click on their target and the chicken is now your target.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    1. As stated, make the chickens bounce off the walls a few feet.

3. It would be very nice if it was impossible for red players to whack towards a red goal, and blue towards a blue goal. I realize this may be impossible, but it's very annoying when I am and whack towards the red, but my skill delay is just enough so that by the time it actually takes effect, the other team has whacked it over my head and my own whack sent it flying even further in the wrong direction. More than once I scored points for the other team because my skills wouldn't take effect until it was too late. -.-

Luv the rotten chicken egg btw...
    1. agreed

3. I don't want to see that changed. As someone mentioned earlier, it's kind of a tactic, to kick the chicken at the particular point, so that the other teams kicks them in the direction YOU want. So even when it's not tactics, it's kind of fun.

Additionally scores in the own goal are also possible in other RL games like soccer, handball(also that's nearly impossible and actually need to be intended lol) and probably hockey etc., so I don't see any reason to remove it except a bit disappointment, but even when it happens to me it's still kind of fun and it's awakening my zeal to make it happen the other way round.

And yeah, the rotten egg skill is awesome. Has anybody seen the Cracked Egg Helmet. I like it so much and actually reminds me of a fun RL moment a couple weeks ago on Eastern... lol

Additionally:

The hoods of the blue team cloaks aren't really working, they aren't showing up, but the players of the team all have a bald head which sometimes really looks strange a lot...

Other than that: I really like all the items which were introduced with Hobnanigans:
    The food recipes, the cosmetic clothes, the emotes, the carried chicken (although they shouldn't be one use in my opinion) and some of the housing items. Also an idea: There is a map to Hobananigans, but what about a permanent skill leading there for maybe 100 tokens? Or maybe a with normal money purchasable version of the one-use-map...

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    For those who have a hard time clicking on the chicken, if you turn on Show My Target's Target (or whatever it is called in the options) then if you select another player you'll be able to see that player's target. 9 times out of 10, that target will be the chicken, so then you just click on their target and the chicken is now your target.
    That's what I was doing at one point and really helped, when there were two many players between you and the chicken on the screen. I think it's just that you can get the chicken only as target when you click on a particular area of the chicken, and not all of it works... That area might be increased to make it easier or you can give us a skill and when we use that skill we are only targeting the chicken and nothing else happens. Other than this: bouncing of walls like 1-2 feet or maybe a meter seens reasonable for me; or maybe an RNG factor like 0.5, that it doesn't bounce of each time, but after a few tries at least...

Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    The chicken tokens that can be bartered for with the rep levels can also be sometimes earned by winning a game of hobnanigans.
    Can all of the tokens drop randomly?

Is there any weight associated to how far in the lead one team is? Sometimes when I win a character only gets 5 tokens instead of the expected 15.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

More fun than FIFA games that's for sure
    Agree with others about the bouncing though.
    Didn't have any bugged out chickens myself but can see it being an issue.

And it has the best name ever!

Only a couple of people playing in on Riddermark. Rewards are waaaaaaay overpriced and nearly unattainable. It was cute, but most people just tried it and left.

Playing the game itself is rather enjoyable. However, the prices are so overwhelming that playing for rewards is often off-putting. The token costs really need to come down.

Here's an example: Assume you're going after the Tome of the Scrapper Chicken.

This tome costs 600 Hobnanigans Tokens and one Scrapper Chicken Token. The Scrapper token itself costs 1800 Hobnanigans Tokens. Effectively, you're looking at grinding 2400 Hobnanigans Tokens.

Assuming you don't get the double bonus from mithril coins and you win every match along the way for 15 tokens, you're looking at 160 games.

Assuming you play those games consistently, with no breaks or waiting for groups, that's 1600 minutes.

That 1600 minutes translates roughly into 27 hours of grinding at best. (26.66666667 for those who want exact figures)

...even for the 600 token items, under the same conditions, you're looking at a minimum of about 7 hours.

Simply put: boring and repetitive. The barter prices too high. The motivation to spend any extended time with this non-existent.

Could we please see the 2 gold quality chicken tokens added to the vendor? The RNG is a fickle beast! Even if they're insanely expensive, it'd be nice to work toward them.

It might also be nice to cash in lesser qualitty chicken tokens we don't want for the lower tier, at a reduced value rate.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Too many bugs
    2. The matches should be shorter
    3. Can there be multiple layers (dynamic layers)?
    4. The prices seem a bit high.

5. Personally, I appreciate that the barter tokens aren't bound. I understand that it would be nice to have them account bound (I certainly would not want them to be character-bound). It may take up an inventory slot, but if I wanted to give a friend some tokens, I think it would be nice. I noticed that there was a huge yard decoration that cost a couple thousand tokens. If my kinship wanted to get that, we could all pitch in. If you don't want to get rid of them then don't sell them. I really think that the "Buried Treasure Tokens" should be bound-to-account instead of bound to character. I think a good solution, though not entirely feasible, would be to allow people to "bind to account" their Hobnanigan Tokens, by right-clicking them thus putting the tokens into their premium wallet (saves inventory space and keeps them from being traded by that character). I guess that after having the "Buried Treasure Tokens" painfully bound-to-character instead of bound-to-account, this seemed a bit better.

Any chance we could get the option for the 'first team to 5' ends the game and wins mode back from 2007?

Something else what I forget earlier. As the tokens are taking space in the inventory: how large can a staple be? It would be good to know that you can have at least a staple of 500 or 1000, otherwise they would take away a lot of space if you want to save toward the 2400-barter items (theoretically), so it would be 24 spaces (with staples of only 100) which would be more than 1,5 (former) inventory bags - just for these tokens...

I love it! Although there are some things I'd like to change.

1. Don't make it so that all the sticks had to be gone before the match started. In some cases we had to wait for the 5 minute timer to end so we could take the quest again just to clear off the sticks. Would it be possible to have it be like the Beer Brawl in Thorins? Have them run every 10 mins or so and as long as 2 people are there (one on each side) the game will start.

2. Shorten the time for each game. If you can't get the chicken out of bounds fixed this will cut down on how long you have to wait before it finishes.

3. Fix the chicken getting stuck at the mid-field flags. We didn't have too much trouble at field 1 on the Steel Beaks side but got the chicken stuck several times on the other side.

4. You did great posting about it on Twitter and Facebook, but I would have liked to have seen something in game about it, and how to play. When it went live I was the only one standing there for quite some time because no one knew about it. It also wouldn't hurt to have a short tutorial about how to play for those that have never played before. Should be fairly obvious but we all know how some folks are.

Over all, great job, and thank you for bringing it back even if it's just for a few days!
    Nyn of Arkenstone
    2013 Player Council Member
    Often Unfortunate (but sometimes Successful) Member of The Dead Hobbit Society

Extremely boring, repetitive and frustrating experience; sorry, Hobnobs won't be for me.

Rounds are decided in the first few moments with a dogpile of points to follow. Or, its a stalemate with teams knocking the ball back and forth for 10 minutes across the center line or a corner. No mechanism in place to allow a team that is trailing to catch up. Why is a team that is trailing by several points getting their goals blocked by a cart, when the leading team has both goals open?

Players also seem to be exploiting the situation where they will grab a quest and stick for one team, then cancel the quest and join the opposing team. The previous stick is claimed and doesn't respawn so the former team is thus handicapped by a each player that flip-flops allegiances. It's really cool when you've already grabbed a stick and a couple of buddies run up and pull this little stunt on you.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast