We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dietlbomb View Post
    I just played my first round. It was a nightmare. Having to use that popup skill bar made the game too awkward. Chasing the chicken and keeping the pointer over the skill was too difficult for me. Is there a way to put the skills on the skill bar? Am I missing something?

Except I think the other team figured out a way to overcome the awkwardness because they beat us approximately 30 to 0. I don't understand.
    Yes, you can also put into your normal skillbar just per Drag and Drop, except you disabled changes to your skillbars in the options or with a shortcut (my own shortcut is "<", but I don't know if that it the default one; at least on German keyboards that key is located in the bottom left row). Wenn you disable changes to your skillbars you can't move any of the skills on it, can't add any skill/item to it, and can't delete any skill/item from the list, so it's pretty easy to get to know if it's enabled or not. If changes aren't disabled, drag and drop will be enough.

Other hints than that: I have my mouse pretty much over this popup skillbar all the time, while using F10 for choosing the chicken, wasd for moving, and the hold right mouse for turning (when the right mouse is hold, a and d move you sideward instead of turning), so I don't have to move my mouse away from the bar except for selecting other players for the rotten egg.

In one game I was playing with on eother player against 3 and we one, after getting behind 0:1, then tied, then they got in front again, and then we won with 2 players against 3 with 4 goals... It was fun and really exciting and a challenge, but until shortly before the end it wasn't that clear, that we will win, so it was lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dietlbomb View Post
    I just played my first round. It was a nightmare. Having to use that popup skill bar made the game too awkward. Chasing the chicken and keeping the pointer over the skill was too difficult for me. Is there a way to put the skills on the skill bar? Am I missing something?
    Yes. Drag the skills to your regular quickslots as they appear. There's no way to work around them disappearing and needing readded every round. It'd probably be courtesy for a 'Ready Check' of some sort when starting at least for the 1st skill placement.

You also may find the F10 key handy (default select nearest NPC). (Note, there's an area of the field near the ref that it's not very useful and counterproductive in)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Reximus View Post
    I'd rather they be in the Barter Wallet.

Also, I find the hover bar a pain to use, I'd rather there be a bar like for mounted combat.

Better targeting for the chicken would be great, I had a heck of a time getting it to target, and stay targeted.

Match length might be a bit on the long side, it's not so bad when you have fairly even teams, but a match seems to last forever when one team is dominating another.
    No to putting them into the barter wallet. Doing that they cannot be traded. Plus putting them in the barter wallet then if you have leftovers or ones you no longer need they just clutter up your wallet. I have some toons that the wallet is cluttered with unneeded tokens & cannot remove them.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I did see people saying there should be layers? I have discovered that there are layers. Or in the very least, the last hour or so in the Landroval fields (whacking chickens around with kinnies and other people) the layers symbol was visible the whole time in the corner of my screen. So there is some form of layer in the area.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I did see people saying there should be layers? I have discovered that there are layers. Or in the very least, the last hour or so in the Landroval fields (whacking chickens around with kinnies and other people) the layers symbol was visible the whole time in the corner of my screen. So there is some form of layer in the area.
    That can be a pain. When I logged into Landroval earlier this evening, I was on a layer all by myself. Had a heck of a time getting to a layer with players. Luckily I was able to find someone to put me in there fellowship & get on a layer with many players.

Quote Originally Posted by Quenton_1 View Post
    You can exchange Hobannigan Tokens for most Chicken Tokens provided you have obtained the appropriate reputation. You also get titles along the way.
    The gold quality Chicken Tokens are only available as random rare drops to the winning team.
    Its exchanging the White/etc Chicken tokens for more normal Chicken Tokens that I want to have the option for. Many of us get White/Red/etc... Tokens that we would like to exchange for some ammount of tokens.

Has anyone only gotten 5 tokens for winning a game? This has happened to me at least twice. Other times I have gotten more like 15 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    Has anyone only gotten 5 tokens for winning a game? This has happened to me at least twice. Other times I have gotten more like 15 I think.
    You're supposed to get 5 for participating, another 10 for winning and possibly some other stuff. I got 3 white tokens.

OT: It's interesting. When the game doesn't glitch, it's an enjoyable event. Granted, a lot more fun when you're stomping on the other team and not so much when you're being stomped. But, when it does glitch, it's not very fun. One game, it didn't even take a full 15 seconds before the only hen to spawn to get knocked out of bounds, leaving us the two teams to stare menacingly at each other for the next 10 minutes.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or WIA, but when the hen gets hit into a corner or just to one of the walls, it's extremely difficult to get it away from the wall since the player can't naturally get next to the wall to be at an angle to hit the hen away from the wall. Maybe if there was some small diagonal at the base of the walls, so when the hen hit the wall and fell. it would jut out towards the center of the arena and players would be able to hit it in a direction other than back into the wall for the umpteenth million time.

Finally, I know that the skills from the bar can be dragged/dropped onto the quickslot bar. However, that's a process that has to be repeated each mach. It would be much easier if these came in the form of items, like the in Beer fight. Item #1 is the default hen hit. Item #2 and #3 are initially useless, but turn into the random fast/heavy hen hit, stun or speed boost that are awarded at the timed intervals. The less I have to use a mouse, potentially missing the button by clicking on nothing and losing the hen target, the better.

i love chicken ball, but.. i will repeat all that other people said so far

first of all to me most frustrating is when i enter the field, and after minute i realize that i'm the only one playing in my team. people or disappear, or just go afk and come back to repeat the quest later, and go afk again for easy tokens. to me no bugs are spoiling the game as much as this. whole those 10 minutes go to waste then. it would be really sweet if those who dont participate would be after some time teleported out, and if the game doesnt have enough people on the field or they ran off before the game started, it could reset. i find myself playing 1 v 3 and 2 v 4 too often. or perhaps token for each goal scored would motivate those afk guys to actually play..

also, some kind of guide in the quest would be maybe useful, some people seem like they dont really understand what's going on in the game.. and quest giver only speaks about how to start the game and collect the stick.

then bugs, bald heads and stuck chickens.. sometimes it feels like forever to get the chicken out of the wall. also, its hard sometimes to select the chicken, especially when players around have their own white chicken pets out (or other pets, heralds..), and f10 doesnt help much then i know about the option of target's selection, but many players dont even know this option exists. it would be less frustrating if there was only what belongs to the field. if players who dont participate in the game are on the field and they get teleported out after it starts, then i think pets shouldnt be on the field too.

what's about amount of tokens needed to barter rewards - i dont think its too high, already so many people run around with white chickens, and it just started..

other than that i really love the chicken ball :3

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    You're supposed to get 5 for participating, another 10 for winning and possibly some other stuff. I got 3 white tokens.
    Well there is something wonky going on because a few times I have won, I only got a total of 5 tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivien View Post
    what's about amount of tokens needed to barter rewards - i dont think its too high, already so many people run around with white chickens, and it just started..
    That's the easiest one to get. Take a gander at the others. Out of the small amount of games I have won, I have only gotten the white chicken token. I need 2 scrapper chicken tokens for 2 of the things I wanna get. I don't even know if I will even get those from winning games. To barter for one it costs 1,800 regular tokens. Chances of me being able to get someone to trade with me is slim to none. It seems the white chicken one drops the most. Some of the prices are ok but there is some I am sorry are just outrageous.

Also have to keep in mind there's people playing long hours each day plus some are using the special boost with mithril coins & some are multiboxing or doing all to rack up tokens.
    Last edited by rosey21; May 10 2014 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    Well there is something wonky going on because a few times I have won, I only got a total of 5 tokens.
    On Landroval, Field 3 only awards 5 tokens, win, lose, or draw. In my experience, the other fields award tokens correctly.

About the Game
    I found a few bugs...
    * Players not displaying cloak at all (always seemed to be the same people, so may be linked to their own clothes).
    * Chicken spends most of the game against the wall.
    * Chicken goes out of bounds near the stages and is not retrievable.

So, I've thought of some options that might solve this.

* Change the color of the character's floating name to the team color during the game. Alternately, change the player's title to be "Red Team" or "Blue Team". (This is based on the notion that I've seen plenty of cosmetic graphics flaws, but rarely see a problem with floating names/titles.)
    * Make the walls a little "bouncy" so that a chicken is more likely to fly away from it when hit up against it.
    * Take the bunts away from the sides of the field and put them up on the stages, or just remove them entirely. They aren't needed for game play. Close the gap in the wall. People can hop over it. Alternately, make the wall sections appear when the game begins, just like the hay bales appear only during the game.
    * If nobody hits the chicken for 20 seconds, the chicken should start running and trying to navigate back to the center of the field. Alternately, simply teleport the chicken to the center of the field if he's not struck for 20-30 seconds.

About the Preview Chickens
    They are all called Chicken so you can't tell which one you'll be purchasing. Please give them the same name as you'd buy them with.

I hope that's helpful!
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

Quote Originally Posted by Vexendynamus View Post
    On Landroval, Field 3 only awards 5 tokens, win, lose, or draw. In my experience, the other fields award tokens correctly.
    Ah that explains it then.

My feedback = not playing this extremely fun and hilarious game until it is further refined.
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

By and large, I enjoyed Hobnanigans and I think it has some great potential; there are just a few things--some of which have already been said--that I would suggest to make the game run more smoothly.

1) Rewards shouldn't cost so much. Festivals really shouldn't involve such an enormous grind since they are intended to be a fun break from the usual grind.

2) I also think it would be a good idea for tokens to be awarded when you make a score. It would help make the game more dynamic and give it more purpose.

3) The games ought to be shorter. Perhaps five minutes per game.

4) The chicken needs something to make it stand out more.

5) A "chicken dance" emote might be fun.

Anyway, it's great to see a mini-game like this; definitely a good addition!
    [SIZE=2][COLOR="#00FF00"][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Second Breakfast of Crickhollow.
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#40E0D0"]The Lonely Mountain Band of Landroval.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Laurinda View Post
    By and large, I enjoyed Hobnanigans and I think it has some great potential; there are just a few things--some of which have already been said--that I would suggest to make the game run more smoothly.

1) Rewards shouldn't cost so much. Festivals really shouldn't involve such an enormous grind since they are intended to be a fun break from the usual grind.

2) I also think it would be a good idea for tokens to be awarded when you make a score. It would help make the game more dynamic and give it more purpose.

3) The games ought to be shorter. Perhaps five minutes per game.

4) The chicken needs something to make it stand out more.

5) A "chicken dance" emote might be fun.

Anyway, it's great to see a mini-game like this; definitely a good addition!
    1. I agree on the reward prices shouldn't be so steep. Use the reputation to gate us access to things if you really need to. But that said JWB did say that the higher rewards are meant to be earned over time and multiple runs of this event.

2. Totally agree on the awarding of an extra token for each point by your team.

3. Five Minutes would be to short a game especially on the 6v6 fields. I think 10 is just fine.

Fun, but buggy

Fields 1 & 4 (the 6v6 fields) seem to be working as intended except for bugs already noted such as chickens getting stuck on goal posts, etc. At least the players are being rewarded properly for their efforts.

Field 2 (3v3) - This field does not count the score for the blue team although the referee will announce when Blue scores - just no point. The Red team seems to be working fine. So, as long as Red scores at least one goal they win (because Blue can never score). So Red always gets 15 tokens (as long as they score 1 for the win) and Blue always gets 5 tokens for a tie or loss.

Field 3 (3v3) - No tokens are awarded regardless of score.

Another thing I noticed was my character did not wear the colored cape like my teammates which was perfectly fine for me. Made it easier to see my toon. However, it's a bit disconcerting that the toons all seem to have shaved their heads. Not saying that it's inappropriate for Hobnanigan professionals, but I'd at least like the option to keep my toon's hair.

I do hope the bugs are worked out for NEXT MONTH when Hobnanigans returns (he said anticipatingly).

Good job - seems to be in beta mode atm.

First of all: thanks, Turbine, for bringing back this game! It's as much fun as the old timers' tales promised

Yes, Field 1 on Gladden bugged out on us twice yesterday, and it would be nice to have some (higher) invisiwalls put up to prevent chicken escape.

But most of all, I think this game needs prevention from AFK players. I tried to play some rounds today and ended up being the only one even making an effort Dusted off an old char on Brandy - same thing. I strongly support the implemention of some sort of cooldown penalty for those not playing at all. If that seems to harsh, maybe extra tokens for every goal? This is so much fun if there's a real battle! But waiting for a field to fill up, the hen dropping... and then everyone just stands there waiting for the clock ticking down... not so much.

Imho, the way this event seems to be handled by a big part of the playerbase is a sure way to get it killed off again I don't understand it, really, because I heard it mentioned in the forums many times, and now only a few people want to participate? Let's have fun, people!

Quote Originally Posted by Fainegdal View Post
    First of all: thanks, Turbine, for bringing back this game! It's as much fun as the old timers' tales promised
    I don't understand it, really, because I heard it mentioned in the forums many times, and now only a few people want to participate? Let's have fun, people!
    The event as it was in '07 is substantively different in implementation from the event now in '14. Some of the changes being suggested make it closer to the original implementation in terms of mechanics.

If 5m is too short on the 6v6 fields, why not make the 6v6 field award more tokens (as long as a minimum win by score is met) and keep the 10m CD?
    The +Tokens for winning by X points could be done as a 'Expert /' quest. Perhaps 20 on a win or increased odds for the Gold Chicken tokens, but you get nothing guaranteed on a loss? Perhaps if the loss was only a 'rare' possibility for the non-gold chicken tokens?

Being able to cash in the specific chicken tokens for hobnanigan tokens if we don't want one of the specific rewards would be nice, but in the meantime players can offer to trade them for an equivalent or some portion of the reverse barter price (hob->chicken). Certainly that's something the community can get behind doing when some want emotes and others want chickens or other specific items? Win Win for all!
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Make Hobnanigans a Hobby!!

My idea is to make Hobnanigans a hobby. We still have only one hobby in game and we all agree that we need more. Why not add Hobnanigans as one? The system is already up and ppl like it a lot, despite some bugs. I know Hobnanigans is not supposed to be a full-time sport, but why not make it available on weekends? The rewards could be changed and the main goal should be become the best player (or team) in Middle-Earth, just for the Honor and a cool title .

So there is my idea . I think we should take advantage of this cool mini game and make it more than a simple event.

Chicken

My only hesitation with Hobnanigans is I really don't like beating a live chicken. Don't flame me...it just seems wrong to me.

Suggestion - Bullroarer Took batted around an asymetric orc head (which would fly in unusual patterns just like a chicken). I'd love to play a different version of hobnanigans with an orc head replica, maybe earn golf emotes, or orc helmuts or something.

Just saying...

Bel
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002bd6e9/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Bellcari (Minstrel) Belwynne (Lore Master) Beldwyl (Hunter) Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidan View Post
    My only hesitation with Hobnanigans is I really don't like beating a live chicken. Don't flame me...it just seems wrong to me.
    This people seriously SERIOUSLY gotta be trolling..
    Having more and less issues playing with a virtual chicken in game where they slaughter endless amounts of animals, humans and other kind of fantasy characters.
    Just.. please.. think about what you are really having a problems with.

Yes you slaughter _enemy_.. so its different than non-life threatening chicken which you much somehow connect to real life, sooo would you really be very happy to slaughter your enemies in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by Fainegdal View Post

Yes, Field 1 on Gladden bugged out on us twice yesterday, and it would be nice to have some (higher) invisiwalls put up to prevent chicken escape.

But most of all, I think this game needs prevention from AFK players. I tried to play some rounds today and ended up being the only one even making an effort Dusted off an old char on Brandy - same thing. I strongly support the implemention of some sort of cooldown penalty for those not playing at all. If that seems to harsh, maybe extra tokens for every goal? This is so much fun if there's a real battle! But waiting for a field to fill up, the hen dropping... and then everyone just stands there waiting for the clock ticking down... not so much.

Imho, the way this event seems to be handled by a big part of the playerbase is a sure way to get it killed off again I don't understand it, really, because I heard it mentioned in the forums many times, and now only a few people want to participate? Let's have fun, people!
    This just really disappoints me. Are people really that lame? I think what we need is for the game to boot any player that doesn't hit a skill for a certain amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    This just really disappoints me. Are people really that lame? I think what we need is for the game to boot any player that doesn't hit a skill for a certain amount of time.
    It better be a long period of time. I have a terrible time trying to click and target the chicken in a crowd. Someone suggested F10, but that tends to target the NPC quest givers and vendors. I've even had it target members of the opposing team, which I assume is a bug. Anyway, it was a lot of F10 cycling before I "found" the chicken. Also, if someone has a bout of network lag, there is no point in booting them, because you won't get a replacement player. It's better for the team to give them a chance to recover and come back.

For those complaining that it takes too many tokens -- I agree, but did you notice that you can buy a token doubler for Mithril Coins?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast