We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

World Closure Announcement

As of today the following worlds are no longer allowing character creation and will be closed to play at the beginning of 2016. Characters on all of these worlds will be saved and will be available to transfer to a remaining world for free, indefinitely. Read More.
    Andy "Frelorn" Cataldo - Senior Community Manager

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Brandywine Transfers

Has there been any decision or thought as to making people already on Brandywine a priority over those not on Brandywine as far as transferring in?

Ouch. An EU ouch. I wasn't expecting to see Snowbourn close. I still don't really understand keeping 3 of the 5 servers basically closed to the English-speaking community. English-language players have one server to choose from, if they don't wish to RP. And what of Laurelin, taking in 50% of the refugees? What is that going to do to its community? Green Dragon Friday will be a lot less fun with 300 participants.

I appreciate us English are known for our inability to speak other languages. Sorry about that; by the time we realise it's generally too late. But the French and German players, their English is good, or it's passable. They'd manage. They have their own kins and communities if they want their own lingual experience, like Eldar's Bulgarians and Spanish do, it's not uncommon.

The EU's been hit hardest here. US players have 5 servers to choose from. EU players have pretty much a single choice.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Quote Originally Posted by Briantc123 View Post
    Has there been any decision or thought as to making people already on Brandywine a priority over those not on Brandywine as far as transferring in?
    I'd say Brandywine is already a priority. They're not closing and have the highest population. Not sure what you're suggesting here.

Yes, I am someone who's world is closing and am extremely disappointed.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]~Not all those who wander are lost.~
    Of Meneldor - Imrel, Elf Loremaster, 100, Rnk 9, Blalin, Dwarf Guard, 82, Nessemelda, Hobbit Mini 51
    [/FONT]

So 2 EU-RP server will stay, and as mentioned only one rp server will stay for each region, so one rp server either belegaer or laurelin will be marked as non-rp server?

I'm really sad to see Snowbourn close. I transfered here from gilrain a year ago and thought this would be my home untill the game closes it's doors. Now it seems I'll be moving again and I'm not looking forward to it.

Well i had been looking at any population graphs i could get my hands on and i new that Snowbourn could close but it is still sad. Could you maybe explain why you decided to have two German servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    But the French and German players, their English is good, or it's passable. They'd manage.
    I have many friends ingame whose english is not nearly as good as it needed to be to be playing on an english server. We NEED our german servers. I expected the remaining servers to be exactely these 5 and it is good the way it is.

R.I.P. Silverlode

R.I.P. Silverlode, not that it wasn't expected.

So, if the order in the list is the order in which we'll be able to transfer, does that mean Silverlode will be in the 4th group?

There we have it, more or less than expected....Remaining Worlds:

US:

Arkenstone
    Brandywine
    Crickhollow
    Gladden
    Landroval

EU:

Belegaer (DE-RP)
    Evernight (EN)
    Gwaihir (DE)
    Laurelin (EN-RP)
    Sirannon (FR)
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

SO Turbine just kept the 5 with more pop on both sides, without any other consideration(like E for oceanic players..).
    Sad to see crick chosen over Meneldor too...

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty_Lumpkin View Post
    I'd say Brandywine is already a priority. They're not closing and have the highest population. Not sure what you're suggesting here.

Yes, I am someone who's world is closing and am extremely disappointed.
    Hopefully this will help clarify what I'm asking: the developers have stated brandy's population is a concern because they are holding off on transfers. I personally have a number of active toons on Brandy, and 2 or 3 from Dwarrowdelf that I would like to bring in. I guess the best way to word my question would be to ask if I and others in my situation, who are already established on Brandywine, will be given priority on an incoming transfer over someone who does not have active tools on Brandywine.

Ouch. An EU ouch. I wasn't expecting to see Snowbourn close. I still don't really understand keeping 3 of the 5 servers basically closed to the English-speaking community. English-language players have one server to choose from, if they don't wish to RP. And what of Laurelin, taking in 50% of the refugees? What is that going to do to its community? Green Dragon Friday will be a lot less fun with 300 participants.

I appreciate us English are known for our inability to speak other languages. Sorry about that; by the time we realise it's generally too late. But the French and German players, their English is good, or it's passable. They'd manage. They have their own kins and communities if they want their own lingual experience, like Eldar's Bulgarians and Spanish do, it's not uncommon.

The EU's been hit hardest here. US players have 5 servers to choose from. EU players have pretty much a single choice.
    Yep, I'm slightly shocked too. I only play on two servers: Eldar and Snowbourn. Eldar was sure to close but I was hoping that Snowbourn would make the cut... I'm not sure that I have the stomach to transfer two groups of characters to new servers .

And with only two English speaking servers to choose from if Laurelin keeps it's RP tag it's definitely going to be a lot less RP than it was before!

What about us Norwegians? and the Sweedish? dont we get 2 servers?

so now all go to Evernight except from the 2.5 roleplayers?

Wow I'm pretty stunned that there will only be one standard EU English server. I doubt too many players are going to want to switch to an RP server which leaves over a hundred thousand English players on one server and then two RP servers with 20 thousand each and a French server with not much more than them. I just don't understand Turbine's reasoning here.

Quote Originally Posted by GB-Esty View Post
    Wow I'm pretty stunned that there will only be one standard EU English server. I doubt too many players are going to want to switch to an RP server which leaves over a hundred thousand English players on one server and then two RP servers with 20 thousand each and a French server with not much more than them. I just don't understand Turbine's reasoning here.
    Oh ppl will go but after a few months no one will remember what the RP stands for.

I appreciate us English are known for our inability to speak other languages. Sorry about that; by the time we realise it's generally too late. But the French and German players, their English is good, or it's passable.
    HEY!!! You're stealing the French's part. We are supposed to be the most bad-speaking people in the world!!!

and more seriously, many players on Estel - the server I'm on - even heavy roleplayers, told publicly they would rather go on the french server than on a foreign RP server, and even wondered to stop if no french-speaking server was kept.

You know, you dont have to do RP to play on a server marked as RP?
    All you need to do is have a name that fits in the world of middle earth. And dont get on peoples nerves in chats, that are meant to be used for RP.
    Most people on RP Servers dont do RP, they just play there because of better immersion.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer

Angry Is Turbine crazy ?2 german servers!!!

With all the rest of english based players from the rest of europe on 1 english not role play server ?

Turbine what are you guy,s thinking .?

Thumbs up kinship name question

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    As of today the following worlds are no longer allowing character creation and will be closed to play at the beginning of 2016. Characters on all of these worlds will be saved and will be available to transfer to a remaining world for free, indefinitely. Read More.
    If we move our Kinship and the name is the same as one made already on a server, would the Character naming guideline be used? I did not see this answered in the Q & A.

Quote Originally Posted by GB-Esty View Post
    It is logic from the populations.
    With 1 DE, ~30% only of DE population would have been kept vs ~75% of EN population if Snowbourn had replaced Belegaer.

RIP Vilya <3 <3 <3

I don't mind moving so much. I already know where my new home will be.

PS: From graphs I've seen this past week or so, it seems like there are just as many German players as English, so I have to admit I don't understand the complaining about them getting a second server. And I assume Turbine has even more accurate numbers. I wish it wasn't people's default reaction to complain. : /

Quote Originally Posted by Benegon View Post
    Well i had been looking at any population graphs i could get my hands on and i new that Snowbourn could close but it is still sad. Could you maybe explain why you decided to have two German servers?
    Before clusures, there were 6 EN and 6 DE servers. Now, we have two of both. You dont think, that it fits?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer

Quote Originally Posted by Annaliel View Post
    SO Turbine just kept the 5 with more pop on both sides, without any other consideration(like E for oceanic players..).
    Sad to see crick chosen over Meneldor too...
    There was never an official Oceanic server.

What I would recommend is that Oceanic players organize through forum, facebook, twitter and on servers to select a new "unofficial" Oceanic server and move there.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on Turbine's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    It is logic from the populations.
    With 1 DE, ~30% only of DE population would have been kept vs ~75% of EN population if Snowbourn had replaced Belegaer.
    Why would only ~30% of Germans have stayed? Because their role players would have spat their dummies out?

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast