We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

A letter from the Executive Producer

You can read the new Letter from the Executive Producer by clicking here. Please use this thread for comments and feedback.

Thanks for the update. Shorter than what I was expecting. But still informative.

Thanks, I was looking forward to this for days. I'm very excited about the instance cluster and raids, it's been such a long time! A level up increase I can now take because we don't have to deconstruct and grind new LIs.
    The UI-element thing sounds nice too and I'm hoping we will be able to see what trait points we are missing and where to get them.

Overall a nice, informative and long-awaited letter though I was surprised how short it was and how little you had to say.

I'm only left with one question otherwise it looks nice and interesting.
    "Level Cap increase to 105: Build on your heroism and power with 5 more levels of character advancement. Your Imbued Legendary Items will not need to be replaced, but will continue to grow and level with you."
    Do we get new skills/improved skills?

Thumbs up

I am happy for the instance cluster but please take this feedback SERIOUSLY.

The value of the instance is lost when people can just bug inspiration and run through it with no problem. Please make a change to this bug.

I would suggest just simply delaying the buff in the instance that has inspiration by 20 seconds so people cant use the method to get inspiration. This also allows the buff to still be there.

Thanks,

Jetsu from landroval.
    Last edited by Shane412; Dec 21 2015 at 10:35 AM.

New raid and instance sounds good . One question forgive me if this is answered elsewhere the upgrade in datacentre architecture 32 to 64bit does that mean the game will now be available in a 64 bit version ?.

Instance cluster. 12 man raid.
    Am I dreaming?
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    I'm only left with one question otherwise it looks nice and interesting.
    "Level Cap increase to 105: Build on your heroism and power with 5 more levels of character advancement. Your Imbued Legendary Items will not need to be replaced, but will continue to grow and level with you."
    Do we get new skills/improved skills?
    I don't think we need any? Every class can nowadays get so powerful that the dps is insane and if the legacies get more tiers, that means certain skills will hit even more. They can and hopefully will compensate this by giving the mobs bigger morale pools and making them stronger, especially in the upcoming instances and raids. Now that we're getting instances and raids, please make them difficult as the challenge is what keeps people running them (atleast raiders, casuals may give up).

Level cap raise = grinding another 40 Scrolls of Empowerment, a dozen Star-Lits and possibly grinding all new essences.

Anyone who thinks they aren't going to pack the maximum amount of grind into this level cap raise hasn't been paying attention.
    solien
    armor-plated since SoA alpha 3
    arkenstone: roxxi manor

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus778 View Post
    I don't think we need any? Every class can nowadays get so powerful that the dps is insane and if the legacies get more tiers, that means certain skills will hit even more. They can and hopefully will compensate this by giving the mobs bigger morale pools and making them stronger, especially in the upcoming instances and raids. Now that we're getting instances and raids, please make them difficult as the challenge is what keeps people running them (atleast raiders, casuals may give up).
    Do we need it? no, would it be nice to have it? yes. These skils wouldn't have to be revolutionary, but new skills/traits is what gives me the biggest leveling experience of all. We have the class trees, but at some point we're simply going to end up with having all 3 unlocked if we keep going like this. Not that I'd mind more ways to make diverse builds.

My Home is the Moors, roaming around .....
    Well, two things hit me with that very short letter -

1. 'Unfortunately we also missed a beat this year with our plans to move into a brand new Datacenter.' It's always the word datacanter and not datacenterS. Are the EU servers going to have the same hardware upgrades and its own datacenter or what
    2. Not a single mention towards PvMP - either about the so-called new map that was a copy/paste anyhow nor how things may go forward for the creep players

Yup, essence grind, emp grind... but on the other hand...

NEW RAID!

Let's hope it returns to the quality of DN, BG, OD and ToO rather than Derping Wall or Drycock.

And please PLEASE put some effort into balancing classes, particularly burglar, minstrel and warden. Couple of tweaks to hunter and champ would be nice too, but not as high a priority as the first 3...

... and ability to upgrade essences and CRAFT MORALE ESSENCES please.
    Last edited by Aedfrith; Dec 21 2015 at 10:39 AM.

Very nice, i have 1 question, It was not said, to hit level 105 what new regions we may see? beside black gates
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Solien View Post
    Level cap raise = grinding another 40 Scrolls of Empowerment, a dozen Star-Lits and possibly grinding all new essences.

Anyone who thinks they aren't going to pack the maximum amount of grind into this level cap raise hasn't been paying attention.
    Your Imbued Legendary Items will not need to be replaced, but will continue to grow and level with you.
    Simple as that. And they're not going to raise the cap per update. Once for the year 2016. Once. If you can't be bothered to do the grind you'd still only be five levels behind so you wouldn't fall off the waggon. I'm more worried about the new reputation factions. I haven't done Dol Amroth or Osgiliath so I'm kinda winging it atm.

give them a T1 Loot Table and a T2 Loot table and a Hardmode Loot Table plz!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteMarks View Post
    Not a single mention towards PvMP - either about the so-called new map that was a copy/paste anyhow nor how things may go forward for the creep players
    People wanted a new map, they got it. They recently buffed damage and morale pools in the Etten. If there was anything I'd want for my creeps at the moment it would be that my trackers would stack beyond 20 since they fill up my inventory.

So, Update 18 around May - Ride with the Rohirrim & Battle of Pelennor Fields & the rest of Anorien/connecting Rohan. With Update 19 around October - The Black Gate & Northern Ithilien? And will these zones be as big as the Eastern Gondor & Old Anorien updates?

New Fellowship Challenges: The Battle of Pelennor Fields will contain a new instance cluster as well as a long awaited 12-man raid!

Oh my God, yes, yes, yes!

And I hereby undersign the previous poster's suggestion: m
    ake the best possibly game items only available and obtainable through proper loot-tables, featuring for T1, T2 and Challenge. No more ezmode farming and bartering.

So a new instance cluster + a whole new raid sounds good. level cap increase...okay. there is just a hint of new regions. what will we see of middle earth this year? Beacon Marches? North Ithilien? Morgul Valley? The black gate itself?
    Last edited by OverlordGate; Dec 21 2015 at 11:08 AM.

Great letter! Gratz to all survived raiders! Will we see new epic battles?

Looks like new regions in 2016 will be Anorien and North Ithilien.

Captain, is it you?

what bothers me about a level cap increase is that we will have to grind essences all over.

*Officially stops grinding essences, as of now.*

Quote Originally Posted by Fealhach View Post
    So, Update 18 around May - Ride with the Rohirrim & Battle of Pelennor Fields & the rest of Anorien/connecting Rohan. With Update 19 around October - The Black Gate & Northern Ithilien? And will these zones be as big as the Eastern Gondor & Old Anorien updates?
    I doubt we'll see Black Gate in 2016 as we just push toward. Though looking on map i think Anorien and North Ithilien should be quite big. I also hope that North Ithilien will be connected to Dead Marshes.

Quote Originally Posted by BuuFuu View Post

give them a T1 Loot Table and a T2 Loot table and a Hardmode Loot Table plz!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderv View Post
    I doubt we'll see Black Gate in 2016 as we just push toward. Though looking on map i think Anorien and North Ithilien should be quite big. I also hope that North Ithilien will be connected to Dead Marshes.
    Guessing we might get a glimpse of the Black Gate but that they may hold back the "Battle" to 2017 in the same way the Battle of the Pelennor Fields has been held over. Would love to have more of the Dead Marshes too.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast