We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimur View Post
    Sapience said in the community update that update 14 would be on bullroarer on the next couple weeks. So I would guess that would be sometime in the next 2 or 3 weeks maybe.
    That would be excellent news.
    [COLOR=Red][B]TANSTAAFL[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Makawulf View Post
    I did weeks ago but i wasnt expecting it so quick, we didnt even complete 1 year with latest level cap, what's this hurry.
    Turbine wants to get in two level cap raises in 2014. That means the first level cap raise needs to occur less than one year after the last level cap raise.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I wonder...

...if Lotro U14 Beta opens this weekend, would be cool though

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by SlopranoDark View Post
    ...if Lotro U14 Beta opens this weekend, would be cool though

It would be cool, but it's not coming this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    It would be cool, but it's not coming this weekend.
    Aw

Ah well... I got 1 week holiday, so if it's not next week, Imma cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Makawulf View Post
    I did weeks ago but i wasnt expecting it so quick, we didnt even complete 1 year with latest level cap, what's this hurry.
    I don't think anyone really is looking foreword to the levels they are looking more to the new content.(aka the new class type.) at least that is what I am looking foreword to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepherzaper View Post
    ...(aka the new class type.) at least that is what I am looking foreword to.
    Is that coming with Update 14? I thought that was later in the year...

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Turbine wants to get in two level cap raises in 2014. That means the first level cap raise needs to occur less than one year after the last level cap raise.
    I'm hoping turbine wants the level cap increase as an excuse to replace/fix the overpowered gear we have, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

I'm very excited to see the new content. I'm really thinking it'll be good.

We just gotta take the positive things, and let the negative ones behind

I don't think anyone really is looking foreword to the levels
    You might think that. You would be wrong.
    [COLOR=Red][B]TANSTAAFL[/B][/COLOR]

the reason I think the class will be released in patch 14 is because what other addons could they have us test that is vital? for one thing I know that the beta server has no way for testing the kinship system they will be adding at least it does not yet have one. I guess it could be the Epic Battles inprovement or the PvMP catapults or the Combat Rebalancing I am hoping though that it is the Of Bears and Bees thing which is the new class. it can't be Paths of the Dead and Dol Amroth because we have already had two updates this year. I am guessing that it is the class because if it was the catapults or the epic or even the rebalancing they would of easily released it by now.

I don't think anyone really is looking foreword to the levels they are looking more to the new content.(aka the new class type.) at least that is what I am looking foreword to.
    I really don't like level cap increases, at least not at the pace LOTRO has been doing it. Between that and embedding skill point in the regional quests, they have pretty much killed all my alts.

Three cap increases in less than 18 months is going to be rough.

the reason I think the class will be released in patch 14 is because what other addons could they have us test that is vital?

We've stated several times that the Beorning is not part of Update 14.

Though you may see things like menus reference it, it is not part of U14.

We've stated several times that the Beorning is not part of Update 14.

Though you may see things like menus reference it, it is not part of U14.
    ok then what is going to be in u14?

ok then what is going to be in u14?
    Everything we said would be. Level cap raise, new areas, and some other things that you'll get to see when it goes up on Bullroarer.

Hellou.

Today is 6.6.2014. If there is to be 2 level cap rises this year, my basic math says there will be what, 3 months on lvl100? Maybe 4?
    Just throwing numbers, based on nothing:
    IF level 100 arrives 1.7.2014, then there is 5 months to the end of the year.
    If its 1.7.2014 and 1.12.2014 that would be more or less ok, but just piling up levels, erm, i am not hopping from happiness.

I like the ideas of new areas, new stuff coming, but there is downside also. I leveled 4 toons to 95 out of 8. And stopped there. It seemed to me, that anything ill do will be irrelevant soon.

I am kind of waiting for something groundbreaking new, or good old goodies coming to game. Not the new class. Not really found of the idea of next tactical superhero.
    How about having some group roles back. Making support classes mean something more then 10 sec off from fight, making make or brake difference with class skills.
    Bringing defeated, raid wiped part of the game back maybe.

Just writing some ideas, nothing specific.
    But at this point, i just log to forums to see when the next thing is coming. Aaand pretty much nothing more.

I think they want us to keep grinding for new legendary weapons and jewellry with each level increase until the new expansion comes.

I like the new level cap increase. Because I have 1 lvl 95 RK, but yeh.. I cannot continue because I already have (almost) everything.
    So, with the new level cap increase, I actually have something to do again! I can also make a new target. And the target is what keeps me up.

As example. You're lvl 37. And you're bored because you don't like the questing area or whatever.
    But you do like to get your first Legendary Weapons. Then put that on your target (list). It makes you able to focus more.
    I leveled a Minstrel within half a week to lvl 52, just by keeping that target.

Also, the new class? The opinions are different for everyone. If they'd add it, and you don't like it. Fine, then don't use the class
    But if you like it, go for it and have fun!

My new targets gonna be:
    - Reach Lvl 100
    - Get new gear
    - Get new moors gear.
    - Getting a lvl 100 (Or whatever level cap it's gonna be) Legendary Fire Runestone. (I like SA best, because it's easier to get & you won't spend all your time for a lvl 95 FA symbol)
    And maybe more I don't know at this time.

Anyway, think positive

~Peter
    Last edited by SlopranoDark; Jun 07 2014 at 06:52 AM.

Everything we said would be. Level cap raise, new areas, and some other things that you'll get to see when it goes up on Bullroarer.
    So level 100 third ages right after the release of 95 first agers? I'm curious how creeps will be scaled or if freeps will have to sit in GV (which they are already doing with first ages) until level 100 first agers are released next year... We don't need new areas or more levels. The new class is a step in the right direction. This game would be the best game ever created if it would concentrate on what great things it has instead of making new mediocre content to temporarily quench thirst. Remember how long SoA was and how satisfied we were?

I realize complaining, especially on this very repetitive topic isn't constructive so I'll stop there but I just want to punch a wall when I see a world class athlete child working at Walmart and wasting potential. This game could rake in more fun, money and fame imaginable if its desire was for the people. I haven't even gotten my 95 first age yet and it makes me wonder, should I even bother wasting 1k gold maxing out my toon over the next month if it will just be replaced by the same pixels but purple instead of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post
    So level 100 third ages right after the release of 95 first agers? I'm curious how creeps will be scaled or if freeps will have to sit in GV (which they are already doing with first ages) until level 100 first agers are released next year... We don't need new areas or more levels. The new class is a step in the right direction. This game would be the best game ever created if it would concentrate on what great things it has instead of making new mediocre content to temporarily quench thirst. Remember how long SoA was and how satisfied we were?

I realize complaining, especially on this very repetitive topic isn't constructive so I'll stop there but I just want to punch a wall when I see a world class athlete child working at Walmart and wasting potential. This game could rake in more fun, money and fame imaginable if its desire was for the people. I haven't even gotten my 95 first age yet and it makes me wonder, should I even bother wasting 1k gold maxing out my toon over the next month if it will just be replaced by the same pixels but purple instead of gold.
    1. Yeah the new level thingy might be annoying
    2. 'Remember how long SoA was and how satisfied we were?' Sounds kinda selfish.. No offence. Anyway, you can be statisfied. Just look at the good things, and ignore the bad ones.
    3. 'This game could rake in more fun, money and fame imaginable if its desire was for the people.' True, unfortunately Turbine won't exactly listen to us. For that, we'll need to get the Player Council to work and tell it to Turbine. To be honest, I also think Turbine should accept some more of our idea's..

I'm really statisfied by the upcoming update. I heard some good things, but also bad ones.
    I ignore the baddies, and have fun with the good things. So I don't have to focus on the bad things.

Don't forget, that this is the game you had fun with for a long, long time.
    Lotro just improves. Look at the different games.
    They all get improved and change.

Also, what'd you think if you were updating a popular game. You worked for months straight, with your team. At last, when it releases everyone says: 'Boo!' 'We don't want this or that!'
    I'd feel bad, because I wasted time for nothing.

So all I want to say is, ignore the bad update things, look & focus at the good ones.

I'm sorry for this confusing text, just had to write something

Peace

So people are complaining now that there is too much new stuff coming this year? Riiiiight ...

For me as a non-raider, level cap raises are the progression. If someone wants no new LIs, don't do them ...

I am excited and looking forwards to paths of the dead, gondor, corsairs, lots of new lands, emyn muil etc. etc.

Don't let me disturb anyone whining.

LIa

In Aaron Campbell's 'Future' notes I believe it was stated that the lv 100 cap boost would not have any changes in the current LI system. Perphaps he meant crafting. But eitherways its good that we see what happens. I find it useless to complain about how you just leveled up your first agers whenever part of the game is moving to a higher level and becoming better.

I ignore the baddies, and have fun with the good things. So I don't have to focus on the bad things.
    So all I want to say is, ignore the bad update things, look & focus at the good ones.
    Haha.. well according to that logic every game is amazing..
    "hey, if you ignore all the glitches, and bugs, badly written dialog, bad cut-scenes, horrible graphics, this game im playing is just phenomenal! "
    All the good and the bad stuff is what you look at when you judge a game.. your experience is affected by both... you cant just ignore what you dont like.. If you need to delude yourself into thinking a game is good then the game clearly is not...

You are exactly the type of costumer, gaming companies are looking to exploit when releasing unfinished, unpolished, buggy games..

Lotro just improves.
    Haha... name me one significant improvement, made to this game in the last 2 years.. im just asking for one... (mounted combat was more of an addition, an added mechanic which i can give a passing grade, even though it was a blatant cash grab mechanic i consider unpolished and badly implemented).... but im sure you can think of one other.

.. please indulge me... im very curious...
    Last edited by zagreb000; Jun 09 2014 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YesMaam View Post

Agreed. And no - there were no good things in last updates. Just grinding grindiing grinding...endless. Moreover then grinding lvls, now you have to grind Trait points, doing HD quests on all of mine 3 chars over & over. That is so much fun.... That is why I dont even lately go for 1st ages. Once i get one, might not even fully upgraded it - BAM, new update. Utilizing newly bought 1st age.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zagreb000 View Post
    Haha.. well according to that logic every game is amazing..
    "hey, if you ignore all the glitches, and bugs, badly written dialog, bad cut-scenes, horrible graphics, this game im playing is just phenomenal! "
    All the good and the bad stuff is what you look at when you judge a game.. your experience is affected by both... you cant just ignore what you dont like.. If you need to delude yourself into thinking a game is good then the game clearly is not...

You are exactly the type of costumer, gaming companies are looking to exploit when releasing unfinished, unpolished, buggy games..

Haha... name me one significant improvement, made to this game in the last 2 years.. im just asking for one... (mounted combat was more of an addition, an added mechanic which i can give a passing grade, even though it was a blatant cash grab mechanic i consider unpolished and badly implemented).... but im sure you can think of one other.

.. please indulge me... im very curious...
    'Gaming companies are looking to exploit when releasing unfinished, unpolished, buggy games..'
    You know that Lotro's engine is 7 years old right?
    So yeah, it has some unfinished, unpolished things & bugs.
    It's a prestation.

'Name me one significant improvement'
    I'll say 2 oki?
    - Bree-Town's quality
    - Monsterplay's improvements

"hey, if you ignore all the glitches, and bugs, badly written dialog, bad cut-scenes, horrible graphics, this game im playing is just phenomenal!"

Not saying you need to ignore literally everything. You need to ignore the simple common bad things.

Btw, if you find this game unfinished, unpolished, buggy etc. Why do you even care about it then? o;

Not trying to be mean, just giving critic about all the disrespect to Turbine.
    They've done their best, is that really so bad that you have to give Turbine disrespect?
    I find doing your best is all you can do. And seeing that is great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast