We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New/Returning Player

Hello all

I am considering coming back after a loooooong break, and will be starting from scratch pretty much.

How "alive" is the game now? I'm most likely looking at playing on Laurelin for the RP opportunities, but was concerned over how active the game is in general. Still plenty of players around?

Also, how has the game developed in general with all the expansions? I have to say it looks great

Quote Originally Posted by Sirurg View Post
    Hello all

I am considering coming back after a loooooong break, and will be starting from scratch pretty much.

How "alive" is the game now? I'm most likely looking at playing on Laurelin for the RP opportunities, but was concerned over how active the game is in general. Still plenty of players around?

Also, how has the game developed in general with all the expansions? I have to say it looks great
    Laurelin during UK prime time should be plenty active, especially all the RPers in the areas where they play. If you're starting a new character, you might find the population kinda sparse for the first 50-60 levels. Depends a lot on who else is starting a new character or new alt at the same time. Finding an joining a kinship can help reduce this, especially if they have a bunch playing low level characters.

How has the game developed? Depends on who you ask. They've improved on the looks. Bree went through urban renewal as you've probably seen. You may find many or all of the area that you played before have been revamped, quest givers moved to more logical spots, less running around. The new lands in Rohan are gorgeous. When you hit 75, or a bit earlier, you can get a War Steed and indulge in mounted combat. Lots of changes.

Have fun!
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com