We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Strange loading screens

Is this normal?

System is windows 8.1 x64
    Last edited by SVENeRGy; May 03 2014 at 07:47 AM.

I am not able to pull up that picture as it is blocked by my security settings. If you can describe what seems odd about the loading screens, though, I will let you know if it sounds like the same thing I see.

It's a white grid on top of a blue background, light blue at the bottom center, going to darker blue up and to the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    It's a white grid on top of a blue background, light blue at the bottom center, going to darker blue up and to the sides.
    Yeah, that does not sound normal. If the rest of the launcher looks fine, maybe it is just a placeholder or a bad file that managed to sneak into the live build.

The white grid on blue/grey background is displayed any time the client can not load a graphics resource. Usually this happens in plugins where the author did not provide an image or the resource ID was changed by Turbine without the plugin author updating their code. It is rare for it to happen in the native client but it can happen - I've noticed it on rare occasions when swapping from the EN to DE/FR clients where a translated version of an image is not available and the grid placeholder displays instead. You should submit a /bug report for the missing image. If you start noticing a lot of these images then it is possible that one or more of your .dat files has gotten corrupted and you should try reinstalling but if it is just a single load screen, it is more likely that the devs accidentally removed an old image but forgot to remove the resource ID from the list of available load screens.

it is a fresh install of the game, and i am only seeing this image on the startup when loading my charactar. Doesn't bother me a lot, just noticed it and it felt kind of strange
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/20224000000027748/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by SVENeRGy View Post
    it is a fresh install of the game, and i am only seeing this image on the startup when loading my charactar. Doesn't bother me a lot, just noticed it and it felt kind of strange
    It looks like you are missing the advertisement splash screens which are only shown when a character is loaded - Freep, Creep or Session.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I get that grid all the time as well - been playing for YEARS though. I wonder if it has anything to do with escaping out of the WB initial loading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurehawk View Post
    I get that grid all the time as well - been playing for YEARS though. I wonder if it has anything to do with escaping out of the WB initial loading screen.
    Not likely a direct cause. I hit escape on that screen as well and never had this result.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurehawk View Post
    I escape out of that screen all the time and have never seen this so that's probably not the cause.

i am stuck on same thing. unable to load anything