Hello fellow pvp loremasters
I see in many other threads, classes are being discussed whatever there is that can be changed.
I havent really seen much post about how loremaster could be improved, inside the pvp today , so I decided to kick off.
Note that I have much more experience with the red line, but this is of course based on all lines.
- The -induction trait we have in red can be boosted. In my opinion the other lines, where you can get -24% (blue) and -15% (yellow) is nothing compared with the -10% in red.
We suffer more from terrible long inductions in the red line and blue line already has the zero induction on critical hit trait (10 sec cd). Yellow is mostly about instant debuff and cc, which almost have zero induction.
- Cashout damage is to low. Where guardian's to respectable cashout damage, I only get 1k on crit hit, which is lesser then half of the normal searing ember dot.
- The chances of getting 2 burning embers, upgraded 2 burning ember dots to searing embers and the spreading out is imo way to low. I dont see why we should trait them for a 30%. That's traiting something that works even lesser then 1/3 of the time.
Especially the gust of wind trait needs to be changed. Long cooldown and a long induction time make it a no-go in pvp. It's a nice mechanic with the aoe wizard's fire, but it's not working right now. In general either increase the base amount on these traits or upgrade it to roughly 40/50% change of applying.
- Fend them off. Please lower the cd on it. The stun on staff-strike was really important for loremaster vs melee. Please give it back to us.
- Nature's fury. Increase the normale frost damage over time hit. It's way to low. Also an increase to the area (5 meters) would be nice. Also the 50% chance on a lightning strike, during nature’s fury hit is lower then the intentional hit from lightning strike in my toolbar. I don’t know if this is intented, but for a capstone trait and skill, this should be higher.
-If the increase of lightning strike or almost zero change to Nature’s fury is going to happen (see above), I wonder why we don’t add the 35% capstone trait towards the second hit of lightning strike (20%+35%=55%). I am not really a fan of making something in the trait tree depending on 1 skill, certainly not the capstone one. I actually like this idea way more then above. If however more people think that Nature’s fury should be buffed instead of lightning strike, I hope we will get a change to upgrade the chance on the second hit, as there is nothing now to increase it, which is a shame. Anyways the capstone trait is imo to weak right now, since I don’t trait nature’s fury in pvp.
- This is more like a question (sorry for being lazy), but is the +20% critical hits in elemental working? I have not yet time to test it, more because I don’t really know what skills they really affect.
- Fierce lightning. The trait has a 50% chance on a skill that has 1 m and 30 seconde cooldown. The dot damage is therefore to low, since it’s the same damage as sticky gourd. Upgrade the dot damage or change the dot tick time. Otherwise it’s just another sticky gourd with a much higher cooldown and not even a 100% hit.
- Why is the hasten sticky gourd and improved sticky gourd on separate trait levels, when ents go to war has the two (hasten and the skill) altogether in one trait? I sure don’t hope they lacked of imagination to come up with an extra trait in red… ( *looks at higher chance on second lightning strike hit*). Please change this to the same trait and give us some room to get something more usefull.
- The damage done by Insult to injury aswell as the bonus damage on ancient craft might need a nerf. As much as we can complain about impale almost oneshotting freeps, we can start complaining about this aswell. Fair and square.(I don’t really know why they put this in yellow in the first place)
- The spreading of wind-lore doesn’t see m to work in pvp (own experience)
- Pleasant breeze ……. Critical hit with gust of wind. As described in red, to long animation and cooldown. Nice mechanic but a no-go atm
- The extra hot on beacon of hope is way to low. Almost half of water-lore and it has only a 4m range. An upgrade to the meters is essential.
-Air-lore is being buffed, but is imo still to weak. I want to see creeps being scared of it, not an ‘I don’t care, if he has it on him skill’
- Inner flame is a joke and I believe nobody traits it. Please find a way to make it slotable.
- I rather see the eagle-friend go in blue line. I mean we have all the pets already at our access, I don’t see why this pet needs special attention to make it the only one, you have to trait.
- Prepare for war is not scaled. Simple request to scale it properly.
I don’t really have more to add on the blue trait tree, as this is the one I have the smallest experience with. I hope people take this thread serious as this all to discuss and I want to see more things added. At last some general goodies:
- After doing much testing, with calculations, I noticed that all the damage increases we have in red trait line aswell as the legacies (+20%, +15% etc etc etc.) are not in line with the damage increase.
Maybe someone can enlighten me, but for me 20% damage increase means 20% increase not 17 or 19%.
- I want a general revision of the animations we have. Even with the induction traits, most skill have a way to long animation.
- I have never been a fan of the general amount of morale that skills are costing. Why do we still linger with this. I am glad to see this gone. (which also makes room for another trait in yellow)
- SOP:R … I think this is a hard one to discuss but I have seen the skill not working as it should be. I really would like to take this skill under the lamp again and change it.
- Sometimes wisdom of the council doesn’t go off. I have heard other class with the same problem, with similar skills and I hope it will be addressed.
- Wind lore needs to be changed. Other then for spreading (which doesn’t work imo in pvp against creeps) it’s completely useless. It doesn’t have to be more incoming damage. A nice debuff would be fine aswell.