We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New player trying to connect

I'm a new player (about 2 weeks now) with a Hunter Hobbit at Level 36. I can't seem to post in the Kinship forums. I'm trying to connect with a group that likes to play together (preferably with voice chat or Team Speak). Does anyone have any advice as to how I might be able to get in touch with a Kinship or group? I'm progressing fairly rapidly through the game, but, not sure if I'm doing all the right things to develop my game character. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Forlawn View Post
    I'm a new player (about 2 weeks now) with a Hunter Hobbit at Level 36. I can't seem to post in the Kinship forums. I'm trying to connect with a group that likes to play together (preferably with voice chat or Team Speak). Does anyone have any advice as to how I might be able to get in touch with a Kinship or group? I'm progressing fairly rapidly through the game, but, not sure if I'm doing all the right things to develop my game character. Thanks!
    Until your forum account is out of "new" mode where you can only post in a few places, read the kinship forum for your server and, if you find one that seems like what you are looking to join, try to contact them in-game.

You can use the filters on the social panel to find people. You can add to friends any character names for contacts the kin included in the post. You can try hanging out in starter areas and Bree to see if anyone is advertising their kin.

Good luck with your search.

Unhappy

Thanks for the advice. I've gotten quite a few kinship invites, but, the players won't respond to IM's after inviting me. Think they're just trolling for newbs. I have "friended several people, but, it is usually because I aided them in a Fellowship quest. Once their quest was complete, I don't hear from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Forlawn View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I've gotten quite a few kinship invites, but, the players won't respond to IM's after inviting me. Think they're just trolling for newbs. I have "friended several people, but, it is usually because I aided them in a Fellowship quest. Once their quest was complete, I don't hear from them again.
    If you are grouped for a quest or instance and things seem to be going well, maybe mention while in the group that you are in the market for a kinship and see what happens.

Red face

I shall give that a try, though, I'm surprised at how often the request comes from someone lower than my level (or maybe I shouldn't be) and how often they don't respond to IM's or Fellowship chat while in the fellowship. Weird. "Weeping woefully" I feel so used . . . But thanks for the advice. I'll keep trying.

I can relate - each time I've started out on a server it's taken me a while to find a Kinship. What's written above is certainly helpful. You can also try popping into Bree and sending a message to the Regional Chat saying that you're in the market. There are usually officers from larger kins sitting around Bree who you could talk to. GLFF (Global Looking For Fellowship) is another channel you can look at, though the quality of those conversations varies. :P
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

I'm going to give that a try. Good advice from all. Thank you.

Hung out in Bree as you suggested and broadcast my intentions on the regional channel. Wasn't long before I met some nice folks from House of Rings. A few of them spent an hour going over my character development, making suggestions and even fellowshiped with me while I got started crafting. Thanks again for your advice!