We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gloins camp is supposed to have a Task turn in ????

Gloins Camp at start of misty mountains has a task board but no place to turn in tasks.

If its supposed to have the newer "board does the task 'finish' " then its faulty and SHOULD have been tested after the change.

This game seriously needs some attention to keep it from frustrating players with issues like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wodinoneeye View Post
    Gloins Camp at start of misty mountains has a task board but no place to turn in tasks.

If its supposed to have the newer "board does the task 'finish' " then its faulty and SHOULD have been tested after the change.

This game seriously needs some attention to keep it from frustrating players with issues like this.
    This game seriously needs people to /bug the issues rather than rant on the forums so that the devs know its broken and needs fixing </sarcasm>

On a more serious note, It's supposed to have a chest underneath for the hand-ins. Personally I don't understand why we can't have a single consistant method for hand ins rather than to the board, to a chest, to an NPC etc.

In any event, until its fixed you can hand in Gloin's Camp tasks at the nearby High Crag camp.
    [SIZE=3][b]Leader of [COLOR="#FFD700"]The Rangers of Eriador[/COLOR], Snowbourn[/b][/SIZE]
    [color=#00BF00]Brya, Balthelion, Fyore, Iarngard, Madic, Eoradain, Trystana, Pendalas, Kharmul, Arkunir, Holibrand, Tifridh, Freawyn, Adlanniel, Tiraniel, Lilija, Theda[/color]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0szyANQhriMn42fCDdke1EMAOcdzmr9v"]Let's Play LOTRO (YouTube Series)[/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?461498-The-Rangers-of-Eriador"]Kin Info/Recruitment[/URL]

As I recall the person for the task checkins was a female that was a little bit away from the board and standing on an overlook in an easy to miss spot. I seem to recall on the north side of the camp. If they've changed this in the revamp, though, I wouldn't know about it, I haven't been back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brya View Post
    In any event, until its fixed you can hand in Gloin's Camp tasks at the nearby High Crag camp.
    My memory was temporarily stuck in 2008 and I almost reacted angrily at you suggesting High Crag was near Gloin's Camp. (Then I remembered there's fast travel between them these days)
    [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/qqnx2o.jpg[/IMG]

It was tested. This issue was noted in the Beta. The fix didn't make it into the game at launch because that fix also requires testing. I am going to see if this fix has been put in with the 13.1 update now on Bullroarer. Update: the Collection Box is there now.
    Last edited by cdq1958; Apr 30 2014 at 12:45 PM.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

If you have the High Craig stable you can fast-travel there. There is no fast travel from Gloin #2 though.

I would like to officially question the idea of having Gloin in TWO different camps. Isn't this done in Midgewater Marshes with two NPCs of the same name (one in the marsh the other in Staddle)?

Seems you could have two differently named NPCs with the same turn in (I think I have seen this before too.)
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Dotlbeme View Post
    If you have the High Craig stable you can fast-travel there. There is no fast travel from Gloin #2 though.

I would like to officially question the idea of having Gloin in TWO different camps. Isn't this done in Midgewater Marshes with two NPCs of the same name (one in the marsh the other in Staddle)?

Seems you could have two differently named NPCs with the same turn in (I think I have seen this before too.)
    I think you have. I recall seeing two Halbarads in Lhanuch. When I see Gloin near Goblin Town, that implies a state later in time than when I see him closer to Rivendell.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.