We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Scrolls of Battle & Warding Lore

Besides Physical & Tactical, they need Ranged added to them. These scrolls benefit every class except Hunter. That's unfair.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I think you might have confused source mitigations with type mitigations. Source mitigations have mostly been phased out, although percentage-based buffs to those still exist.

Source mitigations: Melee, Ranged, Tactical
    It depends on the skill-type the enemy attack has.

Type Mitigations: Physical and Tactical being the primary ones, these are additionally split out into specific mitigations for each damage type.
    Physical involving Common, Orc-craft, Fell-wrought, Beleriand, Ancient Dwarf-make and Westernesse (the last 3 are not shown in freepside tooltips, not sure if it's unmitigated in spars)
    Tactical involving Fire, Light, Shadow, Lightning, Acid and Frost. (Light doesn't show up in freepside tooltips)

Warding scrolls buff both physical and tactical mitigations, so it covers all* type mitigations.

*at least those that show up in tooltips, others are unknown for me, and only relevant in spars.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    I think you might have confused source mitigations with type mitigations. Source mitigations have mostly been phased out, although percentage-based buffs to those still exist.

Source mitigations: Melee, Ranged, Tactical
    It depends on the skill-type the enemy attack has.

Type Mitigations: Physical and Tactical being the primary ones, these are additionally split out into specific mitigations for each damage type.
    Physical involving Common, Orc-craft, Fell-wrought, Beleriand, Ancient Dwarf-make and Westernesse (the last 3 are not shown in freepside tooltips, not sure if it's unmitigated in spars)
    Tactical involving Fire, Light, Shadow, Lightning, Acid and Frost. (Light doesn't show up in freepside tooltips)

Warding scrolls buff both physical and tactical mitigations, so it covers all* type mitigations.

*at least those that show up in tooltips, others are unknown for me, and only relevant in spars.
    But there is also the mastery scroll. While Hunters can melee, they are ranged. The mastery scroll only has physical and tactical also. So we don't benefit from it like other classes.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Testis View Post
    But there is also the mastery scroll. While Hunters can melee, they are ranged. The mastery scroll only has physical and tactical also. So we don't benefit from it like other classes.
    Erm, what do you think your dmg as a hunter is based off of? There is no "ranged mastery", just physical and tactical. As a hunter, your attacks are physical the same as the "melee" classes. Yes, even your bow attacks. The scrolls help you just the same as everyone else.

Please refer to http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Character_Stats for an understanding of how stats work these days, as the game has undergone many iterations of stat changes in the past few years.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000fab32/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessAradia View Post
    Erm, what do you think your dmg as a hunter is based off of? There is no "ranged mastery", just physical and tactical. As a hunter, your attacks are physical the same as the "melee" classes. Yes, even your bow attacks. The scrolls help you just the same as everyone else.

Please refer to http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Character_Stats for an understanding of how stats work these days, as the game has undergone many iterations of stat changes in the past few years.
    Cool thanks.
    Edit:
    I looked at the Wiki and here's what I found.
    "Offence involves the three main means of damaging an opponent: Melee, Ranged, and Tactical."
    "Ranged offence rating determines how much damage your ranged attacks deal. It can be improved by adding extra Agility and by direct bonuses on gear. The exact amount of ranged offence given per point of Agility depends on your class. Ranged offence rating is converted into a percentage before it is used to calculate your damage. The formula for this is the same one used for Critical Rating. Note: the damage increase granted by ranged offence rating cannot exceed 30%.
    • % = Ranged Offence Rating / ((1190/3) * Enemy's Level + Ranged Offence Rating)

Just as with Critical Rating you can also work out how much ranged offence rating you need to reach a certain percentage:

• ROR = ((1190/3) * Enemy's Level * %) / (1 - %)"

I can't find anything that says that ranged damage is physical or tactical. A Scroll of Battle Lore gives bonuses to Physical and Tactical Mastery. If Ranged damage is its own type, then Hunters don't get anything from those scrolls. Of course I could be wrong. But that's what I'm reading.
    Last edited by Testis; Apr 29 2014 at 11:43 PM.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Physical is both melee and ranged nowadays. The wiki is long out of date for that entry.

Easy proof of this:

1. Get a scroll.
    2. Check your damage stats and note the values.
    3. Read the scroll.
    4. Check damage stats again. Values increased, both melee and ranged.

Turbine overhauled all of this a white back when they changed each class to have a single primary stat. As a Hunter, Agility affects both your ranged and melee attacks. Same is true for all other medium armor/Agility classes. (My Guard and Champ get their Let Fly! and ranged autoattack benefits from their Might.)
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    http://www.theoldergamers.com

Okay thanks.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Yeah, hunters main attribute is agility. Which provides Physical mastery, Critical Rating, Parry rating, and Evade rating.. We Hunters use Physical mastery rating for our ranged attacks. The Scroll of Warding Lore increased the mitigations which is our defenses. While the Battle Lore Scroll Increases the Masteries which is the offense ratings..

If you wish to check your stats, while in game, Open your character panel over any attribute, it will pop up a info panel stating what it does and what it benenfits. If you have all your tool tips turned off, you may not see the pop ups.
    ***Public Safety Reminder: When Driving, Please do not use your cell phones to call or text. If something is that important pull over off the road and stop the vehicle, then return to driving when done. Also as a continued reminder, do not or Drink and Drive when Celebrating.***