We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Skill Building and Mentoring?

Hey Evernight!

First, I would just like to introduce myself. I am Sindhala (Sindhala-1 on this server), a rank 11 RK healer, and I recently transferred here from Snowbourn. I've been trying to do my best to acquaint myself with everyone here on the server. I would also like to mention that I have gotten an overwhelming amount of support and a great welcoming from many old fiends who transferred here, as well as many natives of Evernight

In my time here on the EN forums, I have noticed many posts about "zerg babies" and "noobs". While I myself cannot make any fair judgement about the skill of creeps or freeps here, I do understand that if there is this much attention being drawn to the subject, then there must be an issue.

Before I propose what I am about to, please keep in mind that I do not hold myself in high regard, nor would I put anyone on this server beneath me skill wise. I simply want to put myself out there for the possible benefit of others on the server.

In my time on Snowy, I worked constantly on my ability as an RK healer. While I am certainly no "master" of the RK healer (especially after my most recent break of a few months), I am confident that I do posses plenty of knowledge, oversight, and practices that may not be well known - or at least things that may not be common practice among other RK healers. For this reason, I would like to make myself available to any RK healers on EN who are looking for advice, secrets, or even just another RK to discuss and compare playstyles with. So please, if you are interested, shoot me a tell in game, and in game mail, etc. and we can try to work together!

Furthermore, I would also like I encourage creeps and freeps alike to share what they know with the people around them. The more we all help each other out, the stronger our community and our PvMP becomes.

Please take this thread seriously, as I would imagine that only good can come of something like this.

Happy to be here on EN,

Sindhala-1

P.S. I apologize for any typos, I did this on my phone between classes
    Last edited by headhunted; Apr 29 2014 at 04:13 PM.
    Sindhala - Level 85 Rank 11 Runekeeper Healer
    Adiani - Level 85 Rank 7 Burglar
    Headhunted - Level 75 Rank 6 Hunter (Retired)

Makes one wonder what phone you're using.

Good post though, if it succeeds.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Welcome to Evernight! Having been saved several times by you at GV yesterday, I can attest to your skill at healing!

Regarding your main point, I do think that although having so many transferred characters arriving on the server makes the Evernight community feel a bit disorientated initially, it has greatly enhanced the level of highly skilled (and often highly ranked) players that are present on both creep and freepside. Having been one of few active high rank captains in the Evernight Moors for a while, I value talking to those who can provide me ways to enhance my ability to play the class; while I may come from the 'zerg baby' tradition (I won't deny that much of my lower ranks were gained while raided), I'm enjoying the focus on 1v1s that this new influx of high ranked players has brought, despite Turbine's attempts to prevent 1v1s being viable in the Moors.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Welcome to Evernight.

If I am correct.. you are coming here new to Evernight and offering to teach us poor stupid RK's how to play because you've been teaching yourself some tricks and feel you are smarter then the average Evernight RK? lol.. Kudo's to you. (Please realize I mean no disrespect, as an RK I got a little offended, I reread my comments and while they stand I wanted you to understand I wasn't trying to be offensive towards you )
    And yes before you say .. I never said I was a master! (Before I propose what I am about to, please keep in mind that I do not hold myself in high regard, nor would I put anyone on this server beneath me skill wise. I simply want to put myself out there for the possible benefit of others on the server.)
    The implication is still there in your text whether you meant it or not.

To be honest, the only good advice that both sides need to take is this:
    Furthermore, I would also like I encourage creeps and freeps alike to share what they know with the people around them. The more we all help each other out, the stronger our community and our PvMP becomes.

Next time you guys refuse to let a scaled player or low ranked player (creep or freep) in the groups you are in.... remember those words.

Good luck here in Evernight and I hope your tricks help the Freeps out

regards
    J
    Last edited by Jillymala; May 16 2014 at 12:35 PM.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Thank you for the welcoming!

Again, I stress that my initial post was simply a matter of me offering myself to the community. It was not designed to be a snide way of establishing myself in the Evernight community. I'm sure we all have things we can learn from each other, and I simply wanted to let other RK's know that I am around if they wanted to discuss playstyles and practice techniques.

If there are any further inquiries regarding the nature of my initial message, please feel free to message me in game.

Please allow this thread to be open for comments regarding advice, discussions, and requests for help.

Thanks,

Sindhala-1
    Sindhala - Level 85 Rank 11 Runekeeper Healer
    Adiani - Level 85 Rank 7 Burglar
    Headhunted - Level 75 Rank 6 Hunter (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    Welcome to Evernight.

If I am correct.. you are coming here new to Evernight and offering to teach us poor stupid RK's how to play because you've been teaching yourself some tricks and feel you are smarter then the average Evernight RK? lol.. Kudo's to you. (Please realize I mean no disrespect, as an RK I got a little offended, I reread my comments and while they stand I wanted you to understand I wasn't trying to be offensive towards you )
    And yes before you say .. I never said I was a master! (Before I propose what I am about to, please keep in mind that I do not hold myself in high regard, nor would I put anyone on this server beneath me skill wise. I simply want to put myself out there for the possible benefit of others on the server.)
    The implication is still there in your text whether you meant it or not.

To be honest, the only good advice that both sides need to take is this:

Next time you guys refuse to let a scaled player or low ranked player (creep or freep) in the groups you are in.... remember those words.

Good luck here in Evernight and I hope your tricks help the Freeps out

regards
    J

I found this post funny because of how unexpectedly bitter it is xD. Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?