We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

"drop rate" for toast emote

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone knew the chances of getting the toast emote when opening "unopened letters" from the Lost Invitations anniversary quest.

I am asking as I have done the quest daily on my main character for the last 3 years and not been able to get it. As a very rough estimate, I would say that it takes about 10 envelopes to get the 6 festival invites every day. I just do the quest once per day. Maybe the quest runs for 30 days (?) and I've done it for 3 years. So maybe I've opened about 10 X 30 X 3 = 900 envelopes by now?

Any comments welcome

I'm not sure the drop rates... But, if you were playing years ago, you should have taken advantage of the Raid bug.

In that, if you were part of a Raid, your quests didn't advance. Thus, you could gather hundreds of letters, join a fellowship with someone, convert it to a raid, then open all the letters. The invitations you open wouldn't count, so the quest would never complete and you could ensure that you got the Toast and the 2 Steeds.

But, they fixed that bug. And, now you have to do it the honest way.

The drop rate is pretty low, I guess, on the order of 1%. The most common drop is the Invitation, followed by Unwanted Messages, Festival tokens, then finally the toast emote (one alt got it this year) and the War-steed appearance (one alt got it this year). I have 4 more to cram in today after the storm passes and before 3AM the 30th of April :P. I think the mount is barter only now. (I have not bartered that much for the gift boxes; so I can't really say much about those.)
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

i just received it today on my main

for the second time
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0100002e1bb7/signature.png]Cokaine[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by kingrufus View Post
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone knew the chances of getting the toast emote when opening "unopened letters" from the Lost Invitations anniversary quest.

I am asking as I have done the quest daily on my main character for the last 3 years and not been able to get it. As a very rough estimate, I would say that it takes about 10 envelopes to get the 6 festival invites every day. I just do the quest once per day. Maybe the quest runs for 30 days (?) and I've done it for 3 years. So maybe I've opened about 10 X 30 X 3 = 900 envelopes by now?

Any comments welcome
    Tried daily on a character I truly want it for and nothing.

Old main char ran the quest once and got two anniversary tokens and the war steed deco.

It's just random, just like you can sometimes crit 3 in a row grinding hides at 5% chance to crit and fail 10 in a row at 70% chance to crit. Agreed, it should be a barter thing...but there you go: some stuff is more rare than other stuff is.

Quote Originally Posted by kingrufus View Post
    Hi,

Any comments welcome
    My bard did 7 quest runs and got the emote in 4 of them...

But I had the same problem like you on my main (Loremaster). She was the one that should get the emote and did the quest every day. In total she got 2 tokens and one unwanted message from the envelopes, apart from that only invitations.
    Yesterday she lucked out and got the warsteed cosmetic along the usual invitations. Yeah!

Tonight before going to bed I thought "Hey, let's spend a few mithril coins to reset the quest. I have no other use for the coins anyway. And guess what? I got the emote on the first try! YES, finally!

It really is just a matter of luck or in other words - Does the RNG hate your character? Keep trying!

Quote Originally Posted by SoAndSo View Post
    i just received it today on my main

for the second time
    *beats on SoandSos shins with his fists* I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you!
    Inside every old person is a young person wondering what just happened

I'll try for a few more years then and hope to get it. So far 3 revellers sets on my main. Pity they are bound.

Are any of the mount deeds still in the envelopes?

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    Are any of the mount deeds still in the envelopes?
    Not found a mount but I've gotten the warsteed appearance on one of the two I've been doing this festival on.
    Got the emote on both of them as well this year.

I got it twice in a row, then the next day I got it once so i'm guessing the drop rate has increased significantly.

I had tried for 3 years, on ten toons, and nothin'!
    This year, in the last 5 days, seven out of the ten got it, and five got the steed appearance gift.

Keep at it! (next year)
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR="#00FF00"][I][CENTER]Arlan of Swifty & Hammo[/CENTER][/I][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR="#00FF00"][I][CENTER]Hunter of Arkenstone[/CENTER][/I][/COLOR][/FONT]