We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

STOP the GV Camp

For the love of god...

Camping scaled freeps at GV with 4 Red OP's DOES NOT make you pro, no matter how much infamy you brag about getting ...( in my opinion it makes you the total opposite )
    Maggot - Sort your tribe out..( if reputation means anything to you ) , or is this behaviour condoned by the TMR elite ?

Quote Originally Posted by mieka View Post
    For the love of god...

Camping scaled freeps at GV with 4 Red OP's DOES NOT make you pro, no matter how much infamy you brag about getting ...( in my opinion it makes you the total opposite )
    Maggot - Sort your tribe out..( if reputation means anything to you ) , or is this behaviour condoned by the TMR elite ?
    It's revenge! Or some other stupid excuse like that that does nothing but make fights worse for everyone.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

TMR has reputation????? Hahaha
    Pehuel-Carolo-Kemiras.
    Perdonen mi ingles. Sorry for my english.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    It's revenge! Or some other stupid excuse like that that does nothing but make fights worse for everyone.
    Yeah, I know what you mean..."I'm being a tosser and camping GV because freeps did it to me"
    and in U13.1 - "i'm being a tosser and camping grams because creeps did it to me"

Still makes them all tossers, no matter how you look at it.. ( though i'm guessing many of them have just flipped to the stronger side atm so they can toss away till their hearts content..)

The only reason the camp will stop is if the food stops being there. If they can get more kills by being out in the map, the camp stops. So I would say, stop being camped. There are ways around almost every camp if you want to use them. We don't just have to walk straight out of GV. Granted, some true greenies won't know the ways, but we can teach them. No food=no camps.
    Last edited by Eulogia; Apr 28 2014 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Ugghhh... English.... hard
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019e945/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The Rejects reputation you say.....lawl. Maggotmeat has been on my ignore list more than any other creep.

Freeps running back in forth in front of GV is like a carnival shooting gallery for the BAs. In fact, I think I saw one of the Agents selling tickets (3 shots for 5 gold).

Eulogia is spot on. The only way not to get camped at GV is not to sit at GV and fight. The same advice was given to creeps when they whined about grams camp.
    Purely~Scrumptious

Unhappy

GV Camps are fun!! :P...but in all honesty, next to just using safe path... Ive noticed when there are camps going on that there arent any healers about like 90% of the time. Ive also noticed that when freeps finally break the camp, instead of going out into the Moors, some people just run back and stand at GV :C....but it does suck getting blown up by BA's...sometimes for me the camps are fun, other times they really are too much :/
    Aeolen-Eaolen/Braulan-Braul

Freeps are scared.
    Freeps don't want to "think" to play.
    Freeps don't want to group because of their self-made drama.

I can account from trying to get action on boths sides: that the whole zone is borked.

The only action freeps are going to get until a freep tears hotfix is going to be the RR crowd in the morning who come out with like 10-12 freeps and steamroll the map because theirs not the creep numbers on to face them.

Even when I am on begging people to come out and I barely get 5-6.....we'll get a halfway decent fight, which we NEED to fight in our own npcs to even make it work...until someone swaps toons to a Defiler or all the healers finally map in. It is actually fun and challenging now, but it is also pointless when there's more than 5 Defilers at GV and a couple WL's....."But we're not grouped." is always the creep excuse...while having 3 rows on Defiler HoTs thrown on.

The game will always be zerg or be zerged. Creeps always found the numbers to get away from the Grams camp and try to bring action to be somewhat fair around the map......if the right raid leaders were on, and if there was not 10 minis on..... The game is stale if you are waiting for "that one person" to log on to rally the forces then don't hold your breath. He's out farming for loot and LI's and waiting for the hotfix to put freeps back on top.

Also I like these gem comments by people to "just leave GV" "Find action somewhere else" and then they refuse to group themselves.......sorry your soloing or duoing is not accomplishing anything but frustration as you get beat into the ground by R3 and 4 wargs and P2W reavers......

There really is no point. As long as freeps are gonna play the drama game and not group up to at least try.....just sit at GV and whine about doomsday and everything will be sorted out in another week or so.
    Jimi's Mash

Quote Originally Posted by germcell View Post
    I really don't know who this germcell guy is but he gets 2 gold stars and a cookie for the day
    [URL=http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/coreymaikrzek/media/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png.html][IMG]http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a417/coreymaikrzek/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin91 View Post
    I really don't know who this germcell guy is but he gets 2 gold stars and a cookie for the day
    thanks, would rather have 2 cookies and one star though.

and great post Jimi +1 hope you dont mind i borrowed your "freep tears hotfix" line on the mp forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Melywen View Post
    Freeps are scared.
    Also I like these gem comments by people to "just leave GV" "Find action somewhere else" and then they refuse to group themselves.......sorry your soloing or duoing is not accomplishing anything but frustration as you get beat into the ground by R3 and 4 wargs and P2W reavers......

There really is no point. As long as freeps are gonna play the drama game and not group up to at least try.
    Man, sorry your solo attempts have been so crummy lately you have given up on them as pointless (no sarcasm). That's rough. We really aren't weak right now. I met half a dozen or so duos/trios on Sunday and I got a kill from all but one of them, three of them I wiped the whole group. I don't get beat into the ground unless I find a group of creeps, and even then can give a good showing at least. And whenever I draw off 2-6 creeps to chase me instead of camping GV and hear the camp broke right afterwards I feel good about my contribution to the group.

I know you didn't just mean me with your comment, and I'm not taking it personally or am offended. But just so it's out there somewhere since I get asked it a lot, here's my stance on groups. I am an anti-social introvert, and socially inept to boot. Group situations are not fun for me usually, and my job forces me to be in intimate contact (no not like that you sickos, why would you even think that, Frupy?) with people all day. So I don't group easily, I need to recharge usually and don't have any "people points" left.

Here's how I decide what groups to join:
    1) Can I stand to be around people right now?
    2) Will I have more fun with the group than without them?
    3) Are there friends in the group or people who will make me laugh?
    4) Do they need an extra 20m dps?

If I don't group with someone, don't take it personally. I probably just don't want to start screaming into the mic randomly because of my day.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000019e945/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

for the love of god...

Camping scaled freeps at gv with 4 red op's does not make you pro, no matter how much infamy you brag about getting ...( in my opinion it makes you the total opposite )
    maggot - sort your tribe out..( if reputation means anything to you ) , or is this behaviour condoned by the tmr elite ?

woahhhhhh, i think i saw this kind of post at least 10 times over the years, and the answers are allways the same

for tmr, reputation is that thing u only get when u camp gv

lozgath has reputation capped!
    [CENTER][COLOR="#FFFFFF"][B]Sex Symbols[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B] Cocomiel - Doronor - Brisita [/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by melywen View Post
    freeps are scared.
    Freeps don't want to "think" to play.
    Freeps don't want to group because of their self-made drama.

I can account from trying to get action on boths sides: That the whole zone is borked.

The only action freeps are going to get until a freep tears hotfix is going to be the rr crowd in the morning who come out with like 10-12 freeps and steamroll the map because theirs not the creep numbers on to face them.

Even when i am on begging people to come out and i barely get 5-6.....we'll get a halfway decent fight, which we need to fight in our own npcs to even make it work...until someone swaps toons to a defiler or all the healers finally map in. It is actually fun and challenging now, but it is also pointless when there's more than 5 defilers at gv and a couple wl's....."but we're not grouped." is always the creep excuse...while having 3 rows on defiler hots thrown on.

The game will always be zerg or be zerged. Creeps always found the numbers to get away from the grams camp and try to bring action to be somewhat fair around the map......if the right raid leaders were on, and if there was not 10 minis on..... The game is stale if you are waiting for "that one person" to log on to rally the forces then don't hold your breath. He's out farming for loot and li's and waiting for the hotfix to put freeps back on top.

Also i like these gem comments by people to "just leave gv" "find action somewhere else" and then they refuse to group themselves.......sorry your soloing or duoing is not accomplishing anything but frustration as you get beat into the ground by r3 and 4 wargs and p2w reavers......

There really is no point. As long as freeps are gonna play the drama game and not group up to at least try.....just sit at gv and whine about doomsday and everything will be sorted out in another week or so.
    i dont want to hurt ur feelings jimi, but u sck boy!
    [CENTER][COLOR="#FFFFFF"][B]Sex Symbols[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B] Cocomiel - Doronor - Brisita [/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

I've posted about this before, and I think it would go well here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebob7 View Post
    People hate being camped, and often I think the campers don't like doing it themselves. Thing is, if you're looking for an enemy and can't find one and there have been no call outs, sightings, etc., the next/first place you would look is where you can be sure to find them and that's the place they start at! Freeps come out of gv and creeps come out of grams, and if you sit there you can be sure someone will find you, because I can't name even one person who uses the safe path to leave regularly over the main entrance.

People go to these places to find them--and they do--and stay there because they know they can keep finding them there. And although the camped CAN just leave, will they? They're looking for a fight too and they can be sure to find the campers, camping! Why would they, if they want the fight, go elsewhere to where they may or may not find anything to fight? Its so much easier to stay, and you WILL find enemies to fight there, as opposed to maybejustmaybe finding someone wandering, and then that's only one encounter.

This is why it's so dangerous for the campers to take all the ops, because there is a good chance that no one will be bothered to even them out, IF they even think to check! I for one don't look at my map when I'm camping/being camped unless I'm about to go somewhere.

To break a camp, every camper has to leave, whether forcibly or voluntarily, AND the camped must move out. That is typically hard to do! Many times the camped can't force (kill) all the campers to leave; that's why they're being camped. Though if it does happen, there must be a place to move to (unless the campers were easily destroyed, but when does that ever happen? people don't even call that a camp!). If there's no good place, they stay. If the campers overpower/outmatch the camped, they stay, because 1-shots are the only thing stopping a total wipe. But why move? If you're looking for a fight, you know that soon enough the campers will be back to camp you. It's so much easier and certain if the fight comes to you! It often beats wandering around for a fight you might miss because the campers tried to come back and you missed them on the way.

Many times, to break a camp, you need sufficient power and a raid leader, and odds are you wouldn't be camped if you had a raid leader in the first place!

That's my analysis, anyway.
    Cheiftain Ashtu-1, Defiler of Landroval
    Master Guardsman Jythro, Captain of Silverlode

For the love of god...

Ya, how are freeps supposed to Gramz camp the greenies and slug pits, if you are camping them at GV. OMG have some consideration will you creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by OHCRIPES View Post
    Ya, how are freeps supposed to Gramz camp the greenies and slug pits, if you are camping them at GV. OMG have some consideration will you creeps.
    Freeps got to camp grams last night.

How about Mon, Weds, Fridays are grams camp. Tues Thurs Sat is GV camp. Sunday is a free-for-all (no one is on while GoT is airing anyways).
    Purely~Scrumptious

Why don't the freeps squash their differences and unite in GLFF, gain superior numbers and kick the creeps out of GV. That would be the virtuous thing to do, how the heck are you guys going to manage in Mordor if you can't even fight a few creeps at GV. You guys act like little kids that can't get along you all are supposed to be on the same team and the weeping about GV camps just makes you look weak.

edit: this would be much more respectable than acting like children and calling out the integrity of one of the oldest and most respected tribes on the server.
    Last edited by germcell; Apr 30 2014 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogia View Post
    I know you didn't just mean me with your comment, and I'm not taking it personally or am offended. But just so it's out there somewhere since I get asked it a lot, here's my stance on groups. I am an anti-social introvert, and socially inept to boot. Group situations are not fun for me usually, and my job forces me to be in intimate contact (no not like that you sickos, why would you even think that, Frupy?) with people all day. So I don't group easily, I need to recharge usually and don't have any "people points" left.

Here's how I decide what groups to join:
    1) Can I stand to be around people right now?
    2) Will I have more fun with the group than without them?
    3) Are there friends in the group or people who will make me laugh?
    4) Do they need an extra 20m dps?

If I don't group with someone, don't take it personally. I probably just don't want to start screaming into the mic randomly because of my day.
    sir, my hat's off to you. It's like I just wrote a paragraph in another person's name and forgot that I wrote it!!!!

To be completely honest, I have camped GV on Sharkurp several times since the update out of pure boredom. I will sit there just to see if I can one shot scaled freeps or see how hard I can hit Akthuri or Heston knowing they will get a full heal right after. Most of the time, however, I spend running circles around the map turning in PvE quests because it doesn't feel any different than killing the average freep these days. I have had several decent 1v1/1v2 type fights but they are hard to find as most of the freeps besides Eulogia sit at GV for hours and I always end up back there to try and punish someone for going AFK at the bottom of the stairs.

As far as RvR fights outside of GV, they have been even harder to find. We fought Heston/Akthuri group the other day and Maggot and myself convinced our 8 or so creeps to go into HH and pull all of the NPCs to make it more challenging but even that only made the fight last a little longer with the same outcome.

I feel there needs to be a fix for the moors, but I dread any idea the devs come up with as they always seem to go from one extreme to the next and can never find a middle ground. Here's to hoping that one day there will be enough balance to restore the enjoyment this game once gave me. Until then, will some of you make alts to bring out scaled up so that I may feel special to make up for the lack of anything resembling an actual life on the outside?
    Landroval Creep: Shurnak (Rk14 BA); Landroval Freep: Feomyr (Beorning)
    Silverlode Creep: Shurnak (Rk7 SoA Warg) semi-retired; Silverlode Freep: Arom (SoA Hunter) retired
    Crickhollow Freep: Faerinor (Lvl 100 LM)

I dont get why people say there needs to be a fix. right now as far as RvR goes the game is fine, it might be lopsided as far as 1v1s go but as people say, thats not why they made the moors. Problem is the mentality of freeps. Things arent as easy as they used to be and it seems like the majority of freeps now are afraid to learn their class. We're seeing now that some of the freep leaders that were once considered good arent nearly as good as everyone thought they might be. Now we have freeps getting camped at gv and they start playing the pity boo hoo we're being camped card instead of grouping up and doing something about it. If you dont want to get camped group up push out and kill something other than the tyrant in isen or norbogs. Freeps arent as underpowered as yall think, turbine just finally gave you guys the chance to learn to play your class instead of hitting 3 skills and killing a creep. You guys can take a look at how RR comes out with their groups, they stack a few healers but they still have good dps and their leaders dont run away with their tail tucked between their legs all the time like some do. Changes are going to happen, instead of complaining till tubine buffs your side you should learn to adapt to changes and not complain about them when things get a tad difficult.
    [URL=http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/coreymaikrzek/media/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png.html][IMG]http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a417/coreymaikrzek/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png[/IMG][/URL]

Wink

For the love of god...

In the past 3 days i haven't even step foot near GV..I am not the leader of TMR and will not tell the people bored out of their minds how to play.. Since you and your fellow freeps cant leave gv steps. Creeps are forced to camp. If you don't wish for the camp use the safe path group up with Melywen when he calls out "lets push these creeps off our lawn" or just sit here and complain.

Back in bse days we were camped for 6 months straight after turbine brought out armor for pvp ranks. I don't think you deserve the right to complain about a couple weeks of being camped because for I'm concerned the last book freeps camped creeps with 14 minnies and wouldnt leave.. And when you read my banner that says "Push or Log" that is what freeps use to put on everything they had. For my Reputation I really don't care what an unranked no named freep has to think of me. If you wish to complain about my honor have the gaul to sign your slander baby.

Again Not my tribe. So there won't be any "Sorting" Loz does what he wishes puuding does what he wishes. If you have a problem with them shot gunning you in the face and you cant trait mits to counteract them take it up with them not me. I for one haven't camped gv in a while Don't point fingers at me bud.

[Group] Lozarrow: if they stop hugging gv, i'm sure there will be no gv camps. <Another Officer of TMR

-Maggot

P.S. tell me who you are so I can /rude you in the face.
    Last edited by freaker; Apr 30 2014 at 05:54 PM.
    Nope, we did have warleaders but their class role has changed to cheerleader.
    Godhelm of Nimrodel | Winner! Maggotmeat has won the match against Thejuggernaut.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnymay View Post
    The Rejects reputation you say.....lawl. Maggotmeat has been on my ignore list more than any other creep.
    I forget what I did too you purely but I do apologize for my behavior towards you. actually tried to tell you once before but I'm ignored. :P
    Nope, we did have warleaders but their class role has changed to cheerleader.
    Godhelm of Nimrodel | Winner! Maggotmeat has won the match against Thejuggernaut.

Hope I get back before 13.1 hits so I can get in on some of the gv camps
    Shakda-rank 12
    Dakada-rank 11

Quote Originally Posted by freaker View Post
    In the past 3 days i haven't even step foot near GV..I am not the leader of TMR and will not tell the people bored out of their minds how to play..
    That's funny, was no more than 2 days ago, I saw you get a defiler bubble whilst you had 3 defiler HoTs on you ( and you still being at full health ), whilst you were GV camping scaled freeps..
    Though you haven't been there as much since you got your rank it's true..
    And sorry, I thought you were the leader of TMR...

I'm over it now anyway, and have gone to try another game for awhile..

PS - what makes you think I was a freep?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast