We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 93
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    BoS is 20% despite the tooltip on the skill, I'd venture to guess most intelligent weavers are running 3 of both phys and tact mit, which along with the armour racial and DoF pots puts them right around 70% mitigations, add in a WL banner and protection aura and they're at over 75% mits. Add in tiered up catch prey and you're looking at well over 60% bpe as well, which is the current cap for freeps (and basically impossible to hit in PvP gear).
    Huh, I don't think they're doing it though for group action. Least not the ones I've come across so far. Or maybe lag when we turn to them is preventing them from getting BOS off (or my lag is from seeing it).

    I've been doing alot of thinking about target order, maybe spiders should be first, before they can tier up; knock them all out of the way.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Huh, I don't think they're doing it though for group action. Least not the ones I've come across so far. Or maybe lag when we turn to them is preventing them from getting BOS off (or my lag is from seeing it).

    I've been doing alot of thinking about target order, maybe spiders should be first, before they can tier up; knock them all out of the way.
    With the added caveat that I don't know whether it takes 10 hits to tier up to 20%, or just 5 hits with each providing +4% instead of the +2% the tooltip suggests, I assure you that BoS does +20% mits. I find it unlikely you will do enough damage to a weaver in 10, much less 5 hits for them to be a really valid initial target, especially with burrow, but thats certainly for you to decide, not me.

    Perhaps some ranked grouping spiders care to weight in on this, but I would be astounded if a weaver who has looked at the numbers doesn't think at least running 3 phys mit corruptions is worth it (tact mits are probably less important, given that the preponderance of freep tactical classes will be healing these days).
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    With the added caveat that I don't know whether it takes 10 hits to tier up to 20%, or just 5 hits with each providing +4% instead of the +2% the tooltip suggests, I assure you that BoS does +20% mits. I find it unlikely you will do enough damage to a weaver in 10, much less 5 hits for them to be a really valid initial target, especially with burrow, but thats certainly for you to decide, not me.

    Perhaps some ranked grouping spiders care to weight in on this, but I would be astounded if a weaver who has looked at the numbers doesn't think at least running 3 phys mit corruptions is worth it (tact mits are probably less important, given that the preponderance of freep tactical classes will be healing these days).
    did some quick testing on my spider, traited 3 phys/tact mit.

    i was at 50% phys mit. 46.9% bele/west/AD.

    50.5%% tact mit. 43.9% light/fire/lightning/acid, 44.4% frost, and 50.5% shadow mitigation.

    as for born of shadow, im not exactly sure how its supposed to tier up(disregarding the fact it goes to 20% despite the tooltip). however, for my spider its 5%, 8%, 11%, 15%, and then caps at 20%. so 5 hits to cap, although its not an increase of 4% per hit.

    keep in mind that im only R7, so any racials that give +mitigation, i dont have, so higher ratings and %'s may be possible
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by 0987654321 View Post
    did some quick testing on my spider, traited 3 phys/tact mit.

    i was at 50% phys mit. 46.9% bele/west/AD.

    50.5%% tact mit. 43.9% light/fire/lightning/acid, 44.4% frost, and 50.5% shadow mitigation.

    as for born of shadow, im not exactly sure how its supposed to tier up(disregarding the fact it goes to 20% despite the tooltip). however, for my spider its 5%, 8%, 11%, 15%, and then caps at 20%. so 5 hits to cap, although its not an increase of 4% per hit.

    keep in mind that im only R7, so any racials that give +mitigation, i dont have, so higher ratings and %'s may be possible
    The only racial i know of is a very low lvl one, might be a class one actually, but w/e its +1500 armour i believe. Did you have a DoF pot up?
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    The only racial i know of is a very low lvl one, might be a class one actually, but w/e its +1500 armour i believe. Did you have a DoF pot up?
    no DoF pot, and i have the armour boost class trait. It gives +1583 armour (same as a DoF pot).
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    DoF pot is around 12% extra mits. I sit at 75% mits during RvR.

  7. #32
    Thought I should leave this here:

    The Tradition 4 piece bonus allowed Frost Lore to apply a silence which allowed it to be spammed. It was changed to lower tactical mitigation

    13.1 BR patch notes.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Wargs and spiders are squishy and provide nice defeat responses.


    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    A warden can out dps a hunter now??

  9. #34
    Interesting, 75% mits on a spider. So then that begs the question, what's the general consensus on their value as a kill target? Is their DPS in RvR high enough to be a priority or not so much? And if it is, then what are some good strats to start taking them down?

    Oathbreakers comes to mind right off the bat. Reveal Weakness. Counter Defense. Ancient Craft. Telling mark. Warding Knowledge, SOP:C.





    Who's the noob giffing me? lol, Hi. Judge Judy is the BOMB!
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Interesting, 75% mits on a spider. So then that begs the question, what's the general consensus on their value as a kill target? Is their DPS in RvR high enough to be a priority or not so much? And if it is, then what are some good strats to start taking them down?

    Oathbreakers comes to mind right off the bat. Reveal Weakness. Counter Defense. Ancient Craft. Telling mark. Warding Knowledge, SOP:C.
    even with all those, spiders can be hard to kill. They can also reflect (short CD), and burrow (short CD).
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Oathbreakers comes to mind right off the bat. Reveal Weakness. Counter Defense. Ancient Craft. Telling mark. Warding Knowledge, SOP:C.


    Fantastic way to insta-wipe your raid, especially when you consider the lag (Oh but Sapience confirmed in the recent dev chat that the lag is simply us not updating our own hardware).

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Who's the noob giffing me?


    Watch who you call noob, son.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by GodOfBrandywine View Post
    Fantastic way to insta-wipe your raid, especially when you consider the lag (Oh but Sapience confirmed in the recent dev chat that the lag is simply us not updating our own hardware).
    Oh, you're a raid leader? Sweet, let me know when you'll be on and leading, I'd love to join and see what you've come up with.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    4,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Oh, you're a raid leader? Sweet, let me know when you'll be on and leading, I'd love to join and see what you've come up with.
    Hope you enjoy sitting afk in bree.
    Tsaurel/Telae - SVP

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Oh, you're a raid leader? Sweet, let me know when you'll be on and leading, I'd love to join and see what you've come up with.
    I am offended by your suggestion that I would go anywhere near a raid.

    I don't associate with zergling trash.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by GodOfBrandywine View Post
    I am offended by your suggestion that I would go anywhere near a raid.

    I don't associate with zergling trash.
    So then, no.


























    Gotcha.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    So then, no.


    Gotcha.
    So then no...what? No, I don't enjoy skilless, target forwarding zergfests? That is correct.


  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by GodOfBrandywine View Post
    So then no...what? No, I don't enjoy skilless, target forwarding zergfests? That is correct.
    Neither do I. I'm looking forward to this update because it will push back against that sort of tab-targeting yawn-fest. The point of PVP is to group, use your skills in conjunction with another's to achieve victory; to think strategically and hang a clown suit on the opposing leader. If you're up for that let me know. If you'd rather just keep searching your gif library for responses you deem witty, may Afk-Bree be kind to you.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    I'm looking forward to this update because it will push back against that sort of tab-targeting yawn-fest


    Oh, my sweet summer child...

    The point of PVP is to group
    to think strategically
    The issue with this kind of statement is that generally, the more people in a group, the less strategic thinking necessary.

    may Afk-Bree be kind to you.
    I think you misunderstood Leksi's post.

    How embarassing for you.


  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by GodOfBrandywine View Post
    The issue with this kind of statement is that generally, the more people in a group, the less strategic thinking necessary.
    Ya, that's generally what those who lack the ability to strategically think, think.

    Okay. Moving on.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Ya, that's generally what those who lack the ability to strategically think, think.


    As much as it pains me to pass up on the opportunity to relentlessly mock you for such an absurd statement, I actually would like you to clarify:

    In your opinion, you think it actually takes more strategic thinking on the part of every individual player in a 35v35, lag-infested zerg v zerg, than it would between two small groups of, say, 6v6?

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post
    To you're question about Lore-Masters. I would suggest going whatever line gives the fear. I believe it's yellow, and getting the fear set of gear. (That rhymed, hehe) That will cut defilers healing in two, and they will need to be more careful with potting.
    It's not a fear, it's a silence. From what I heard, silence doesn't affect defiler heals very much. Also, the silence is from the moors set bonus, and only 2 points of off-specing will give you the skill needed to apply it (single target). I'm not sure whether it can be spread to nearby targets like debuffs...gonna have to find someone who has the comms to get the set and test it.

    To answer Snowlocks question; you're probably gonna want ONE yellow LM. That's enough to debuff everything, and toss some cc and dps on the side. More than that and you're sacrificing too much DPS. Within the yellow-line debuffs there are some things which could be hindering for healers.

    If you're interested in the details, I suggest you go here http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php and look specifically at the "Out in the Cold" trait of the yellow line LM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020100004f382b/signature.png]Bloodbad[/charsig]

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Huh, I don't think they're doing it though for group action. Least not the ones I've come across so far. Or maybe lag when we turn to them is preventing them from getting BOS off (or my lag is from seeing it).

    I've been doing alot of thinking about target order, maybe spiders should be first, before they can tier up; knock them all out of the way.
    Heya Snow, thought i'd give some advice out since you asked for it.
    don't bother trying to kill spiders at the start, if you're in any way predictable in the way you target them they will punish your raid with reflect, you might get the kill if you hit it hard enough, but that kind of damage into a spider is a good way to get your raid killed, especially if they use potions and shelobs from the initial kills of the fight, at the start their pets are also up, allowing them to eat them too, with some initial heals, even if you kill them, you're looking at taking roughly 100k distributed amongst your raid for the price of the spider, IF it doesn't burrow or get a bubble. it's even more than that if they burrow and reflect from their burrows while healing, that kind of damage when your healers may not even be fully set up and stabalized and while you're taking initial craid dps would overload your healers, especially since that much distributed spike damage would disguise spikes into the greenbars from craid DPS... Spiders are a pain, but their initial webs are gonna hit anyways, especially if they are using akhulans pots as they enter the fight, you won't be able to shock them down. If you want them dead, my advice is to wait till your healers have stabalized or the end of the fight. you might be able to sneak one at the start, never try to get initial kills on a class that has escape skills, because the chance of it escaping and denying those precious starting kill responses is too high. go for a defiler is my advice, they have no escape skills and it prevents them from healing themselves effectively. anyhow, that's my 2 cents, hope it helped
    Belolth Hisses with fury as venom drips from his maw, scorching the earth, "come manling, my brood hungers!"

    Broodlord of Ungoliant's Hatchlings, Devourer of souls.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by loki84 View Post
    Please don't target spiders I really hate dying
    Aside from the obviously, please go back on your RK and show us how it's done instead of camping GV with full raids. I mean, wouldn't that be better for PvMP and make you a better individual and community contributor?

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by loki84 View Post
    Heya Snow, thought i'd give some advice out since you asked for it.
    don't bother trying to kill spiders at the start, if you're in any way predictable in the way you target them they will punish your raid with reflect, you might get the kill if you hit it hard enough, but that kind of damage into a spider is a good way to get your raid killed, especially if they use potions and shelobs from the initial kills of the fight, at the start their pets are also up, allowing them to eat them too, with some initial heals, even if you kill them, you're looking at taking roughly 100k distributed amongst your raid for the price of the spider, IF it doesn't burrow or get a bubble. it's even more than that if they burrow and reflect from their burrows while healing, that kind of damage when your healers may not even be fully set up and stabalized and while you're taking initial craid dps would overload your healers, especially since that much distributed spike damage would disguise spikes into the greenbars from craid DPS... Spiders are a pain, but their initial webs are gonna hit anyways, especially if they are using akhulans pots as they enter the fight, you won't be able to shock them down. If you want them dead, my advice is to wait till your healers have stabalized or the end of the fight. you might be able to sneak one at the start, never try to get initial kills on a class that has escape skills, because the chance of it escaping and denying those precious starting kill responses is too high. go for a defiler is my advice, they have no escape skills and it prevents them from healing themselves effectively. anyhow, that's my 2 cents, hope it helped
    So the old tried and true still the way to go then? Kill the reaver train over and over?
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by GodOfBrandywine View Post
    In your opinion, you think it actually takes more strategic thinking on the part of every individual player in a 35v35, lag-infested zerg v zerg, than it would between two small groups of, say, 6v6?
    No, as anyone that knows me can attest, I'm a small group fighter at heart. But 24 vs 24 can be very entertaining if both sides want to be somewhat creative about it. ROI and ROR didn't allow for that much creativity in raid vs raid. You just burned down whatever you had targeted and kept doing it until the map-ins overwhelmed you. This might be different, if creeps decide they don't need numbers to win.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload