We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Inventory Issue???

First off, I hope this isn't a duplicate post. Frankly, I don't have the patience to search the forum to see if it is

I have had slots in my bags become "dead" for lack of a better way to put it. I'm running around with 2 or 3 characters with at least 2 slots that appear empty but I can't fill them. Basically, I go to overflow with 2 unused slots. Anyone else run into this? Is there a way I can fix this?
    SpartacusBrutus, Guardian; Piercewald, Captain; Lollipopus, LoreMaster; Edwinazacharia, Warden (Level 100); Breborthor, Rune Keeper (Level 90); Linguist, Minstrel; Badhair, Hunter (Level 75); Balbreak, Champion; Strikergard, Burglar (Level 66)
    Member of Sentries of Tol Galen - Brandywine

Count the number of slots available in each pack.
    I bet they'll be the same.

There is now the ability to expand the capacity of
    each bag to have more slots -- by paying lotsa
    TP, of course.

I haven't tried it so I have no idea how it works.
    But that place at the bottom where there ought
    to be a slot and isn't -- is where one will be added
    if you buy more slots.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Did you purchase any of the additional bag slots from U13? Which bag are the dead slots in, and is this the same on all your characters? I have experienced items not being visible in my inventory, which became visible again after relogging. It could possibly be related to what you're experiencing, if the dead slots are actually filled with something that you can't physically see. Have you tried moving an item into this slot? If not perhaps try it with some trash to see what happens. It might also be worth trying one of the inventory plugins to see if they show an item being present that you can't see.

Either way, I'd recommend screenshoting it and sending a bug report with as much info as possible.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with U13. Was going on before the update. No rhyme or reason to it, no specific slot or bag. Even cleared out stuff I wanted to keep and then hit a NPC and did a sell all... no dice.
    SpartacusBrutus, Guardian; Piercewald, Captain; Lollipopus, LoreMaster; Edwinazacharia, Warden (Level 100); Breborthor, Rune Keeper (Level 90); Linguist, Minstrel; Badhair, Hunter (Level 75); Balbreak, Champion; Strikergard, Burglar (Level 66)

Quote Originally Posted by SpartacusPierce View Post
    Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with U13. Was going on before the update. No rhyme or reason to it, no specific slot or bag. Even cleared out stuff I wanted to keep and then hit a NPC and did a sell all... no dice.
    Well it only started for me with u13. Every bag has one empty spot that you can't put anything in. And no, there aren't the same number as before. Turbine's new inventory "feature" had the net effect of removing almost one complete bag for me. Awesome stuff. No doubt in my mind it's just another money grubbing tactic to shuffle people to the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    Well it only started for me with u13. Every bag has one empty spot that you can't put anything in. And no, there aren't the same number as before. Turbine's new inventory "feature" had the net effect of removing almost one complete bag for me. Awesome stuff. No doubt in my mind it's just another money grubbing tactic to shuffle people to the store.
    What are the sizes of your inventory bags? What grid and how many slots in the entire bag. The slots currently can only be moved around in groups of 5. So let's say you have a standard size of 15 slots in bag 1. Is that in the standard 3x5 grid? Or do you have a 4x4 grid? If you have a 4x4 grid, then that is 16 slots... except you only have 15 there. That 16th slot is not a slot at all. Are you sure that isn't the case, where you are thinking you have an extra slot when you really don't?
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Have you tried ALT-clicking that space and seeing if there is an item there that is missing its icon graphics?

Because making your bags buggy will result in more store purchases...

Anyway, let's get some details. How many bags do you have? What are the dimensions of the spaces you have devoted to each bag (ie 5x3, 4x4, etc.)? How many total inventory slots are you supposed to have? The standard 6 bags would be 90 slots.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    Have you tried ALT-clicking that space and seeing if there is an item there that is missing its icon graphics?

Because making your bags buggy will result in more store purchases...

Anyway, let's get some details. How many bags do you have? What are the dimensions of the spaces you have devoted to each bag (ie 5x3, 4x4, etc.)? How many total inventory slots are you supposed to have? The standard 6 bags would be 90 slots.
    Well, I guess I'm a dummy. Were the bags in three row od 5 by default before? I guess with the update they defaulted to 4 rows and I jumped to conclusions. I apologize to this thread, Turbine and the mmo community at large.

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post

Yep... says slot is empty

Click on the right side and drag it to change it to the former configuration so you won't see the slot you can't use.
    Officer and elder member of the Claws of Abigail kin.

Now why would I want to do that? To hide the empty slots? I guess it's too much to ask for my bags to have the proper number of usable slots that I am paying for?

Now why would I want to do that? To hide the empty slots? I guess it's too much to ask for my bags to have the proper number of usable slots that I am paying for?
    House many slots are in the bag, and how many should be available?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000034a5a/signature.png]Thorskaldir[/charsig]

It doesn't have just one empty spot -- though the
    one at the bottom is the most noticeable. There
    are also four empty spots where slots could be,
    running down the right-hand side of each bag.
    That's a total of five more slots per bag that you
    could get, by paying TP. I'm holding off on that
    for the time being.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

You would have exactly the number of usable slots you payed for. If there is a missing slot its because it never existed -- you never paid for it. And slots come in clusters of five, at the moment. 5 purchasable at a time, 5 movable from bag to bag at a time. One slot going missing just can't happen. If you have 15 slots in a 4x4 bag, you aren't being cheated of anything. Just resize to the traditional 3x5 and move on, or leave it at 4x4 and realize that you never actually had a 16th slot there.

Not at all. The default size for the bags is 3 rows by 5 columns for 15 slots per bag. If your bags were re-sized (whether by you or the client) they may not be sized for the number of slots available. For example, using what Mar posted above, if your bag is sized to show 4 rows by 4 columns you you have 16 available "spaces" for the slots, but the bag may only have 15 available slots in it. This would leave one open space which you can't use because it is not a usable slot.

One thing I noticed is that when I ALT-TAB'd to the desktop and then went back to the game, all 6 of my bags re-sized themselves to a 4x4, with a big space on the right side. I used the default 3x5 bag and the client changed it when I went to the desktop and back. I had to widen the bags a pixel or two to put them back to a 3x5 configuration.

All Jeb was asking was for you to put the bags in their default configuration so that {Rows} x {Columns} = {Available Slots}. What you would be "hiding" would be unusable spaces, not slots. Since {Available Spaces} = {Rows} x {Columns}, and if {Available Spaces} != {Available Slots} you will have what looks like empty and unusable spaces in the bag. When {Available Spaces} = {Available Slots} then you will have no additional spaces that aren't filled with a slot and therefore won't see anything that looks like an unusable space in the bag.

Empty slots have the rounded-square outline for the slot shown. Empty spaces (where there are no slots) have no slot outline and do look like "dead" space.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    You would have exactly the number of usable slots you payed for. If there is a missing slot its because it never existed -- you never paid for it. And slots come in clusters of five, at the moment. 5 purchasable at a time, 5 movable from bag to bag at a time. One slot going missing just can't happen. If you have 15 slots in a 4x4 bag, you aren't being cheated of anything. Just resize to the traditional 3x5 and move on, or leave it at 4x4 and realize that you never actually had a 16th slot there.
    Not true, again, this started before U13, not after... what you're not understanding is that, I, like everyone else had 15 slots per bag (5x3) and 6 bags. Something in some Trollshaws/Misty Mountains/Angmar quest lines caused a slot to become unusable and a second became unusable while running Forocel. I said this in my original post. They simply cannot be filled. Doing simple math, this means 13 usable slots in a bag. This has nothing to do with configuration of inventory, has nothing to do with U13, comprende?
    Last edited by SpartacusPierce; Apr 28 2014 at 01:15 AM.

This is something I haven't heared of before.
    Are you sure you aren't using any inventory plugins?

Here's another approach:
    I had once a bug where items in my inventory kept disappearing. Later I learned that they were still there, but were not visible in any way, the slots were unaccessible.
    After I restarted the computer and emptied my temp folder (in the app data folder), it worked again. Looks like Lotro messed up the cache files.
    Just restarting the game didn't help, the temp files remained locked until I restarted the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    This is something I haven't heared of before.
    Are you sure you aren't using any inventory plugins?

Here's another approach:
    I had once a bug where items in my inventory kept disappearing. Later I learned that they were still there, but were not visible in any way, the slots were unaccessible.
    After I restarted the computer and emptied my temp folder (in the app data folder), it worked again. Looks like Lotro messed up the cache files.
    Just restarting the game didn't help, the temp files remained locked until I restarted the computer.
    Nope. No plugins. This goes back to before U13, so reboots have needless to say been done. I suppose I could try deleting temp files, but not sure this is going to help being it started at least a month or two ago.

Not true, again, this started before U13, not after... what you're not understanding is that, I, like everyone else had 15 slots per bag (5x3) and 6 bags. Something in some Trollshaws/Misty Mountains/Angmar quest lines caused a slot to become unusable and a second became unusable while running Forocel. I said this in my original post. They simply cannot be filled. Doing simple math, this means 13 usable slots in a bag. This has nothing to do with configuration of inventory, has nothing to do with U13, comprende?
    Firstly, you never said that in your original post. You never mentioned any quests or quest packs in your OP, you never said it started before U13 in your opening post.

Furthermore, not everyone had 6 bags. And nothing about a quest will impact your inventory, except when you receive a reward and that reward goes into your inventory.

Load your game, open your inventory, take a screenshot, upload it to flickr/photobucket/whatever, and post it here. Show us what you are seeing.

And lose the rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Firstly, you never said that in your original post. You never mentioned any quests or quest packs in your OP, you never said it started before U13 in your opening post.

Furthermore, not everyone had 6 bags. And nothing about a quest will impact your inventory, except when you receive a reward and that reward goes into your inventory.

Load your game, open your inventory, take a screenshot, upload it to flickr/photobucket/whatever, and post it here. Show us what you are seeing.

And lose the rude.
    I stand corrected. I said it had nothing to do with U13, and that this started before the update in a subsequent post. I will upload a screenshot later today
    Last edited by SpartacusPierce; Apr 28 2014 at 09:56 AM.

I stand corrected. I said it had nothing to do with U13, and that this started before the update in a subsequent post. I will upload a screenshot later today
    Trust me, when bugs happen, I'm the first one to stamp my foot and come looking for answers. xD So no worries -- while no one else may have heard of this pre-U13, it doesn't mean you are hallucinating. There could be a very easy and seemingly clear answer (I have already seen so many posts where people thought they had a slot when in fact they didn't), but then again it could be something totally different.

The screenshot will hopefully give us a better understanding of your present situation, since apparently none of us have personally experienced it the way you are describing.

Have you ever sent in a BUG report. Or taken the time to contact a gm, so they could see it, if it was something they could look at and be able to help. Yo will know if they just close the ticket, nothing they can do.

Isn't there a cache somewhere to flush?

Is this on 1 toon, or all toons? One server or other servers? Start another toon and see what happens to that? Doesnt' take that long to get to 10 in Bree starting area.

And the forums will never be able to solve it, at best, just let you know others are having the same problem. Maybe pm Sapience to see if he can get anyone to look at the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by kurp View Post
    And the forums will never be able to solve it, at best, just let you know others are having the same problem.
    Actually, the forums are a fantastic resource for troubleshooting, and there are multiple examples of someone bringing a problem to the forums and having it solved, if not in a matter of minutes, within a matter of hours and rarely a matter of days.

There's even an example of that in this very thread
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by kurp View Post
    Have you ever sent in a BUG report. Or taken the time to contact a gm, so they could see it, if it was something they could look at and be able to help. Yo will know if they just close the ticket, nothing they can do.

Isn't there a cache somewhere to flush?

Is this on 1 toon, or all toons? One server or other servers? Start another toon and see what happens to that? Doesnt' take that long to get to 10 in Bree starting area.

And the forums will never be able to solve it, at best, just let you know others are having the same problem. Maybe pm Sapience to see if he can get anyone to look at the problem?
    I did submit a bug report. This has happened on 3 toons. It may not take long to get to 10, but it takes a while to get to the 40s to try to replicate the issue again

First off, I hope this isn't a duplicate post. Frankly, I don't have the patience to search the forum to see if it is

I have had slots in my bags become "dead" for lack of a better way to put it. I'm running around with 2 or 3 characters with at least 2 slots that appear empty but I can't fill them. Basically, I go to overflow with 2 unused slots. Anyone else run into this? Is there a way I can fix this?

I read this and instantly said 'yep, had that happen' and your description is pretty darn good lol, anyone who has had this happen will recognize it instantly. It is definitely not related to the new bag stuff in 13, I had the problem over a year ago, very intermittent, frustrating and just overall irritating.

As for what to do for it, its been so long, and probably two computers ago, at least one new computer for sure, not to mention time away and reloading lotro a few times since then that until I read this I forgot I had that issue.

It was on just my main character, but she was the only one old enough to do Misty Mountains and Forochel, and I'm pretty sure it was about those levels/areas that it started, lasted till i left the game, so some time, I was 65 last time I stopped playing and I level very very slow. Was usually two slots, and if I remember right the issue showed up when my bags were full from questing junk, back then they filled a lot faster than they do now, i'd relog or reboot and it would generally straighten out. I honestly dont remember if i sent in a bug report or not, most likely I would have, I tend to do those on frustrating stuff, even if I cant get it to repeat.

Good luck on it, hope you find a way around it, i've probably jinxed myself into having the issue again now lol. But rest assured you are not the only one, even if its just us two, its not just you

Frishia

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast