We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bring back gift of the valar

Lot of people missed out on this taking breaks after the expansion came out. Would be nice tobsee it brought back up once in a while and left for more than 6 days. Its a bit of money that I dont mind paying....just takes a few days to make that much money available lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mastadan View Post
    Lot of people missed out on this taking breaks after the expansion came out. Would be nice tobsee it brought back up once in a while and left for more than 6 days. Its a bit of money that I dont mind paying....just takes a few days to make that much money available lol
    Dont want to take a few hours and get there? only takes 12 or so

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian49 View Post
    Dont want to take a few hours and get there? only takes 12 or so
    12 hours to get to 50? Care to elaborate?
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][SIZE=2][Landroval/Kinless][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue] Sarkaa, R4, L95 Guardian[/COLOR] | [Landroval/Concerning Hobbits] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Mathagar, L51 Warden[/COLOR]
    [Landroval/Shadowclan] [COLOR=White][COLOR=YellowGreen]Grishnaakh,[/COLOR] [COLOR=YellowGreen]R6 Reaver[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff8c00][OOC] +Jesenne: '...and my motto when I PVP is "[B]kill anything that moves[/B]."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

There are already a multitude of xp boosts available from loot boxes, the store, rested xp if you are VIP and we just had a 100% xp boost weekend that lasted from last Thursday to this Tuesday. That alone should have been enough to get a character to level 50 if you bypass all the content along the way. By all accounts, you don't need virtues or race/class traits, gear can be obtained from Skirmish camps (you can skirmish your way to level 50 from 20) so no need for Gift of the Valar.

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviane View Post
    There are already a multitude of xp boosts available from loot boxes,
    Boosts based on luck.

the store,
    Boost based on purchase.

rested xp if you are VIP
    Boost if you are VIP.

and we just had a 100% xp boost weekend that lasted from last Thursday to this Tuesday.
    Boost if you happened to be available, and knew about Welcome Back Weekend. Not everyone has the option to play 24/7. I didn't even know about it until Friday evening.

That alone should have been enough to get a character to level 50 if you bypass all the content along the way. By all accounts, you don't need virtues or race/class traits, gear can be obtained from Skirmish camps (you can skirmish your way to level 50 from 20) so no need for Gift of the Valar.
    Not everyone wants to run skirmishes over and over and over. If there is no need for Gift of the Valar, then why do people keep requesting its return?
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][SIZE=2][Landroval/Kinless][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue] Sarkaa, R4, L95 Guardian[/COLOR] | [Landroval/Concerning Hobbits] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Mathagar, L51 Warden[/COLOR]
    [Landroval/Shadowclan] [COLOR=White][COLOR=YellowGreen]Grishnaakh,[/COLOR] [COLOR=YellowGreen]R6 Reaver[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff8c00][OOC] +Jesenne: '...and my motto when I PVP is "[B]kill anything that moves[/B]."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

You do know of course that you can stand in a field and cook and farm your way to at least level 30 or so right? After that it slows down some. Please show me where the many requests to bring back Gift of the Valar are and also explain the benefits. I see none because no matter what level people get to by whatever means, they get to level cap then come in here and complain that there is nothing to do.......well, the partial answer is that perhaps they auto leveled to 50 and missed the content up to that level and probably everything after it too, or just leveled up as fast as possible and didn't stop anywhere along the way. Loot boxes are dependent on luck, yes, but I often get xp boosts and immediately toss them. Rested xp isn't much, but it does help a bit if you are intent on levelling quickly. It's certainly not my fault you didn't know about the xp boost weekend, most of the rest of us didn't either until we logged in at some point over the weekend because it wasn't announced. Of course some people don't want to skirmish their way to level 50 or beyond because it's boring, nor do they want to invest the time or effort to level normally, so let's take the easy way out, then, as I said earlier, come in here and complain because there is nothing to do. You no longer need virtues or class/race traits by all accounts, and the rest of the package is just fluff with the possible exception of gear. If you are willing to go easy mode for $50 though, it's your wallet it comes out of and thankfully not mine.

I don't play 24/7 either, I use xp disablers on all my characters so that I can have an opportunity for a little bit of a challenge, plus I and my kin run content that most don't care about anymore. Gift of the Valar is a total waste of money right now because the state of the game for a lot of people is not inviting enough to stay and play. Thank goodness there are still a few of us left who enjoy the journey, despite the hardships. That is my opinion, which I am entitled to just as much as you are entitled to yours.

Well, Level 50 in 12 hours would be an extreme case of Powerlevelling, but certainly reaching Level 50 doesn't require much effort anymore these days even without XP boosts. There definitely is no _need_ for the Gift of Valar, and how much _demand_ exists is anybodies guess. From a players perspective I see no harm in making it a permanent store item due to the oversupply of XP in this game, as long as people know what they're getting (which isn't all that much).

I have 5 toons 85 or overvand doing the same content over and over gets annoying. If you dont want it back...fine dont get it.....the rest of us who dont mind paying a little will buy it

I'd be all for this coming back tbh... Even if it's just a limited time again. I had taken a break from LOTRO due to things out of my control, and wasn't even aware it existed until I came back and by then it was already gone.

Maybe it can be an annual thing? Idk, seems like that would be a decent marketing venture to me.

Again...for those who missed out on it and have already lvled NUMEROUS toons, the original they offered in the store would be FAR preferred

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post

/played : "You have been playing for: 2 weeks 2 days 2 hours 9 minutes 48 seconds" = level 57 alt, taking it easy to enjoy festivals, crafting & complete deeds on level. I bet that if i didn't make those extras, will be only 12 hours.
    I have a mini who has done nothing but lvl. He is lvl 45 with a /played of 1 day 13 hours.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

Quote Originally Posted by robbie1435 View Post
    I have a mini who has done nothing but lvl. He is lvl 45 with a /played of 1 day 13 hours.
    Yes and that's all well and good for you, but I fail to see how any of these people talking about their personal /played has any relevance to the request op was making. He was requesting a service that has been provided in the past, stating turbines position on the issue by doing so. Now the fact that people might not like that someone else didn't have to grind when they did is irrelevant, some people don't want to level, and a smaller fraction of them are willing to pay not to. If they want to support the game it is their choice to make, it is their character after all.

Quote Originally Posted by jackzilla1212 View Post
    Yes and that's all well and good for you, but I fail to see how any of these people talking about their personal /played has any relevance to the request op was making. He was requesting a service that has been provided in the past, stating turbines position on the issue by doing so. Now the fact that people might not like that someone else didn't have to grind when they did is irrelevant, some people don't want to level, and a smaller fraction of them are willing to pay not to. If they want to support the game it is their choice to make, it is their character after all.
    Not sure of course, but i think Robbie1435 rather was making a statement it takes way more time than the 12 hours stated by a different poster (who needed 400 hours to reach 57...) to reach Level 50. Thereby in reality defending the gift of valar.

To me the gift of valar is not a product i ever would buy, but i also have no issues whatsoever if someone else buys it. It does in no way affect my game so why should i care? If Turbine can make a $ and more players are enjoying the game i think it's a win/win really. The more the merrier after all

Regards
    /T

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias_R View Post
    To me the gift of valar is not a product i ever would buy, but i also have no issues whatsoever if someone else buys it. It does in no way affect my game so why should i care? If Turbine can make a $ and more players are enjoying the game i think it's a win/win really. The more the merrier after all
    Agree with this sentiment...

I have played for over 2 years...slowly... and enjoyed LOTRO every small step and as u can see below have not got far level wise. I am clueless (relative to some) about my characters, during fellowship and large skirmishes I am sure that I am not appreciated at times... but I have friends and fun...

For some Level cap is the goal for some tis not ...each to ones own

Any extra revenue that TURBINE can get can only help us all in these dark times...

It is back folks!

Through March 6th

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    DONE!

Next up.... watch me pull a rabbit... never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    DONE!

The big question is where is the rabbit being pulled from...

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    DONE!

Same price?

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    Some things you really don't want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Burzdolion View Post
    Same price?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by rosey21 View Post
    lol the other day I found a clip on Youtube of some spoof magicians, one of whom pulled a hat from a rabbit! It was a big stuffed rabbit, and I'm not going to tell you what part of the big plush doll the magician had to reach through to get the hat.

EDIT: here it is, found it again. If you JUST want the rabbit part, begin at about 2:15. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdshOesQaYA

That is a good service - mucho gracias

####, I missed the Feb-March sale. Will this go on sale again? I am playing my Captain and really don't want to go through the same storyline for the N-th time. Love the game, glad I went through the first time... but have no interest to do it all again. I'm enjoying the Captain, much different than Guardian, helping other folks in a supporting role. I have the money, just not the time.

For the folks complaining. Don't complain. Enjoy the game how you want, let others enjoy it their way. If folks weren't spending money, this game wouldn't be available. Gift of Valar is not a pay to win... you still have 45 levels to go and you get sub-par gear and 1 gold for Pete's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Moroni View Post
    ####, I missed the Feb-March sale. Will this go on sale again? I am playing my Captain and really don't want to go through the same storyline for the N-th time. Love the game, glad I went through the first time... but have no interest to do it all again. I'm enjoying the Captain, much different than Guardian, helping other folks in a supporting role. I have the money, just not the time.

For the folks complaining. Don't complain. Enjoy the game how you want, let others enjoy it their way. If folks weren't spending money, this game wouldn't be available. Gift of Valar is not a pay to win... you still have 45 levels to go and you get sub-par gear and 1 gold for Pete's sake.
    I don't recall any of the characters from the book or the game having to buy a pass to get to Mordor....and people have just as much right to vent against Gift of the Valar as you do for wanting it. You also say you have the money, but not the time. Ok, fair enough, but the chances are that you will be just as annoyed having to make it through the last 45 levels as you would through the first 50 and so the cry will go out for "insta to level 95" packs soon enough. If you love the game so much, you wouldn't mind going through it again either, you might just be very surprised at all you have missed along the way.

I don't recall any of the characters from the book or the game having to buy a pass to get to Mordor....and people have just as much right to vent against Gift of the Valar as you do for wanting it. You also say you have the money, but not the time. Ok, fair enough, but the chances are that you will be just as annoyed having to make it through the last 45 levels as you would through the first 50 and so the cry will go out for "insta to level 95" packs soon enough. If you love the game so much, you wouldn't mind going through it again either, you might just be very surprised at all you have missed along the way.
    not everybody like to lvl same quest every time i have only two lvl 95 and i just can't lvl anymore but also i don't want to buy gift of valar since it's lvl 50 only,if it at least was lvl 65 i would buy it but lvl 50 no ty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast