We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Camera keeps jumping around

The camera keeps randomly jumping around when I right click or left click to turn or look around. It makes the game extremely frustrating to play. How do I fix this?

I'm playing on Windows 8.1 x64 with a Roccat Savu on a Steelseries QCK+ with a DPI of 800, windows sensitivity of 6 and in-game sensitivity of 0.10 without enhance pointer precision. I don't have this issue in any other game but lotro. I've tried running the game at the lowest and highest settings, no difference. My frame rates are solid.

There are known issues with the mouse input in games with Windows 8.1.

See this Microsoft Support article for more information and possible fixes.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Could be as simple as pressing the X key?
    "The Great Down Time of 2013" - Insanesoul

Hmm, the problem started for me yesterday also, very frustrating
    For example, let's say i want to turn myself about 90 degrees to the right, it sometimes turns me 180 or something like that.
    Or, when i right click in some point near the edges of the screen it automatically turns me in that that direction.
    It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to affect my play. And during the fights when i have to turn myself pretty fast, it goes sometimes totally crazy ...

It looks like behaviour of bad/dirty optical mouse, but it's not. My mouse has laser sensor and the problem only occurs in LOTRO

I have Win7 x64, Logitech G5 mouse
    Last edited by Marxlne; May 01 2014 at 11:05 AM.

Mouse Issues not Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    There are known issues with the mouse input in games with Windows 8.1.

See this Microsoft Support article for more information and possible fixes.

I went to your suggested website, and found this one after some fishing. For some reason, the update that fixes this problem is not compatible with my PC, even though it's running x64-bit Windows 8.1. So I tried to change the DPI compatibility settings as highlighted on the support site, and it didn't help. Then I noticed it mentioned some games using a launcher, which definitely applies. If this fix works, and I have to somehow find the actual executable game file, and not just apply it to the lancher, where would I find that file? I can run LOTRO on my old Windows 7 and Windows XP PCs just fine without this problem, so I definitely think it's an 8.1 issue. Although this problem is new for me, as I did not have this issue until after my PC was returned to me from repair.

This has nothing to do with pressing the X key.

Thanks for posting that article, Lepherdis.

You can find the actual game client that runs after the Launcher at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online\lotroclient.exe", assuming you have the System drive as C:, if not then substitute the drive letter you use.

To open Windows Explorer and access your drives press the Windows key and E together.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.