We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Help with Music/.abc Files

Hello!

I just installed LOTRO and am coming back after a long time away. This time I'm on a Mac, previously I was on a PC, and unfortunately the location that the game gives is simply nonexistent.

I'm running Mavericks and the game does fine, but it won't play .abc files for love or money. It tells me it can't find those files in /Users/username/Library/Application Support/com.turbine.lotroclient/Music/filename.abc

That's probably because that directory doesn't exist. Library is not under Users/username. And it won't allow creation of that name under the username.

So what exactly are we supposed to do in order to have it play? All the workarounds I've seen seem to assume that this directory exists, but it doesn't as far as I can see.

Any help? Is it just some secret Mac thing I don't know about? As far as I know, it's just Library/Application Support. So it's never going to find the .abc file since it's in a directory that doesn't exist and never seems to have...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000203a45/01000/signature.png]Narquelion[/charsig]

Click on "Go" and then hold down the Alt key.

A "Library" option will appear in the menu and that's the one you want.

It's located in your Home directory but hidden under normal circumstances.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Thank you so much! It worked like magic. Now I know something new about my Mac, and I got .abc files working.

Thanks very much again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000203a45/01000/signature.png]Narquelion[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by hushiforum View Post
    Thank you so much! It worked like magic. Now I know something new about my Mac, and I got .abc files working.

Thanks very much again.
    Check out -- http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mac_Client
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)