We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Return of the Evil Rabbit

Somewhere deep in the Entwood a great evil stirs and the animals flee in terror.

"The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

It's a killer....

If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 40 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

For those unfamiliar with the original Monty Python killer bunny in-game reference, take a little stroll west of the gates to Ost Dunhoth in Enedwaith
    [SIZE=3][b]Leader of [COLOR="#FFD700"]The Rangers of Eriador[/COLOR], Snowbourn[/b][/SIZE]
    [color=#00BF00]Brya, Balthelion, Fyore, Iarngard, Madic, Eoradain, Trystana, Pendalas, Kharmul, Arkunir, Holibrand, Tifridh, Freawyn, Adlanniel, Tiraniel, Lilija, Theda[/color]
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0szyANQhriMn42fCDdke1EMAOcdzmr9v"]Let's Play LOTRO (YouTube Series)[/URL] ~ [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?461498-The-Rangers-of-Eriador"]Kin Info/Recruitment[/URL]

Its POOKIE, or his son, I can't remember if they were both black rabbits or not. Kudos if you get the reference.
    Tosaf, Founder Covenant Knights, Guardian,

Quote Originally Posted by Brya View Post
    For those unfamiliar with the original Monty Python killer bunny in-game reference, take a little stroll west of the gates to Ost Dunhoth in Enedwaith
    Well, the ORIGINAL *in-game* killer bunny reference was
    in AC1. He was a White Rabbit, living in a cave out in the
    Direlands. If he noticed you, he would one-shot you with
    Bunny Smite. You would hear him musing on open chat
    about biting player characters with his big white teeth.
    It took a large group (and this without any kind of raid
    software, though fellowships could be as large as nine) to
    kill him; if you could loot his corpse you got a skin that
    could be turned into a pair of bunny slippers.

The NEXT *in-game* killer bunny reference was in AC2.
    This was a Black Rabbit that lived in the very bottom of
    Lahry's underground vegetable garden near Cragstone.
    He also could kill you with Bunny Smite, right through
    the walls. I don't know what killing him yielded; I
    never did it.

I am glad to see that Turbine is keeping up the tradition
    of killer bunnies, though this one seems to have made
    his kill already.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Meh... bears...

Merely a raw recruit that... no pointy teeth yet either.

When he has progressed to Knnnnnn--ig--its like my avatar then you can post again... until then this is spam and...

Edit: For those who don't know the spam reference and picture are also from Monty Python.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

A killer bunny that, erm, does not harm the player? Hardly a killer bunny is it :0

Quote Originally Posted by tamlong View Post
    A killer bunny that, erm, does not harm the player? Hardly a killer bunny is it :0
    Hey, it killed that great big ol' bear, didn't it?
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Well, the ORIGINAL *in-game* killer bunny reference was
    in AC1. He was a White Rabbit, living in a cave out in the
    Direlands. If he noticed you, he would one-shot you with
    Bunny Smite. You would hear him musing on open chat
    about biting player characters with his big white teeth.
    It took a large group (and this without any kind of raid
    software, though fellowships could be as large as nine) to
    kill him; if you could loot his corpse you got a skin that
    could be turned into a pair of bunny slippers.
    I remember that White Rabbit! Well sorta, I died so fast it wasn't funny. I was trying to move closer to see him and well 'zap' and I was bunny smite. Most of the fellow died too and we didn't get that rabbit

Beware these are not ordinary rabbits! King Arthur should have listened to Tim.

I was wondering from day 1 if there was a rabbit in the Entwood. It's just a shame you felt the need to tell us without giving a location. =\
    You gotta chill to take it to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyRogersMcFreely View Post
    I was wondering from day 1 if there was a rabbit in the Entwood. It's just a shame you felt the need to tell us without giving a location. =\

39.7S, 77.7W by the river - should find you your killer bunny!

technically it isn't in the Entwood - *if* this is the same rabbit I found in Beta.

IIRC you take the path out of Derndingle, the one that takes you past the Huorn 'door' then hook left at some point to get down onto the cliffs above Rohan, then head deep into the forest that way, basically 'behind' the borders of The Entwood.

I'll go and double check now, but it is very hidden, I only found it as I like to search for seams and glitches in Beta to make sure everyone is staying where they should lol So wish me luck, I'm off to go see if I can remember where it was! D

Fetch me my Holy Hand-Grenade! lol
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

This bunny-on-a-bear-skin-rug has been spotted in several regions in the game.

Too bad that there is no deed for it. If there is, I want the title Rabbit-Crier (refer to Wolf-crying boy), as people thinks that I lie to them when I said to see a rabbit sitting on top of a bear rug in the middle of wilderness :P
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

That would remove the fun
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

As I read this thread I was larfing me #### off. Why? you ask. Because one of my lower level toons on Firefoot is a lvl 39 Dwarf Guardian named.....

Doombunny!

The only toon I ever really wrote a bio for.

Little Rabbit FuFu was hopping through the forrest, picking up the field mice and bopping them on the head. Down came the good faery, and She said, "Mean bunny! today something bad will happen and I hope you learn to treat others with respect."
    Later that day little rabbit FuFu was hopping through the forrest, Out jumped a BIG mean bear, and he said, "Little rabbit FuFu, I am curious.... Does poop stick to your fur?"
    "Why, Yes it does." FuFu replied
    And the Big mean bear picked up FuFu by the ears and used him to wipe his butt.
    From behind a tree the good faery giggled.
    FuFu said to himself, You'll pay for that, Fae Beeotch."
    FuFu sought the one creature with the wisdom to help him. Dranoel The Dragon, who made FuFu the biggest, meanest bunny in the land. And FuFu found that faery And bashed her cold, then dragged her by the hair til he found the big mean bear and beat him to a pulp with her, FuFu said, "does THAT stick to your fur?" Now the faery minds her own business.

Now I got to get Doombunny out there to find Evilbunny and get a selfie. :P
    Last edited by Dranoel_Dragon; Apr 27 2014 at 11:27 AM.

ROFL!!!

That's Hilarious, D_D.

another killer rabbit

There's a killer rabbit in High Knolls at 31.4s, 64.6w

Open a battle present from the Anniversary and you might get a Holy Hand Grenade to use against it.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)