We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Apprentice and Journeyman riding skills in the store

A while back I purchased the Journeyman riding skill and used the items. I periodically check the "account wide" section for purchases so that I can enjoy myself no matter what server or character I play. However, the apprentice riding skill appears, which is actually a lesser version of the skill I bought prior. How can I remove this from my LotRO store? I thought things like that usually got auto sorted out. This one still appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardineck View Post
    A while back I purchased the Journeyman riding skill and used the items. I periodically check the "account wide" section for purchases so that I can enjoy myself no matter what server or character I play. However, the apprentice riding skill appears, which is actually a lesser version of the skill I bought prior. How can I remove this from my LotRO store? I thought things like that usually got auto sorted out. This one still appears.
    Each of the things in the store is its own item. If you bought the Journeyman, and didn't buy the Apprentice, then the Apprentice one will still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Palentian View Post
    Each of the things in the store is its own item. If you bought the Journeyman, and didn't buy the Apprentice, then the Apprentice one will still be there.
    This is not exactly the case, here.

When you buy (as I did last week too) the Journeyman riding trait, you are delivered a package containing the Riding skill, the Smell the Roses skill, the Journeyman Riding skill and the Apprentice Riding skill. Furthermore, you cannot use the Journeyman skill before you activate the Apprentice skill, and before that the Riding skill.

When you do all these passages, you cannot see anymore the Riding skill in the store (and you didn't buy it separately), and in the same way you shouldn't see the Apprentice Riding skill too, because you have it already.

Actually I had just logged in in the forum to say the same as the OP.

Yes, and I've purchased the 4 xpacs in the 4-pack. I don't see them individually, but I do still see the 4-pack. It has to do with the way things are tagged internally in the system. 3 steel keys from the Anniversary box won't stack with a steel key from a loot drop, for instance. They appear to be the same thing, but internally the system thinks they are separate items. Its the same with the riding traits. Off hand, I would suggest that the normal riding trait is the same in all instances, but the "apprentice" tag is different in the journeyman and apprentice packages. I'm not entirely sure if that's the case, but it would follow.

I agree.

Probably it is just something at the programming level. And maybe 'fixing' that is more difficult that we can imagine. But if it's only the matter to add an 'if' statement or changing a bit mask somewhere, probably it could be worth the time to do it, instead of having to endure later the complaints of someone so distracted as to buy it again...

Quote Originally Posted by Mennhabar View Post
    When you do all these passages, you cannot see anymore the Riding skill in the store (and you didn't buy it separately), and in the same way you shouldn't see the Apprentice Riding skill too, because you have it already.
    This is the logic us humans use in cases like this. The logic the Store uses may be a different one. My guess would be that in the logic of Store the Apprentice item (the box with three items in it) and the Journeyman item (the box with four items in it) are entirely separate. The Riding trait is recognized because it is an actual sub-set of both of these bundles. To make the Store apply our human logic to these purchases, I think the Journeyman item would need to be split up into the Apprentice item (aka the box with three items in it) plus a separate item that grants only the upgrade from +68% speed to +78% speed. That way, the Apprentice item would become a true sub-set of the Journeyman item instead of a separate item.
    German, female, migrated from CodeMasters in 2011, Premium member, slow-leveller, pure PvEer and opposed to Forced Emotes - wherever I fit into the statistic, it's not in its middle.